PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Boozy on his way.......

VegasHibby
04-09-2009, 06:24 PM
The rumour has been spread around alot but here's the latest from a Coventry City affiliated site..........

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=461580

Jim44
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
The rumour has been spread around alot but here's the latest from a Coventry City affiliated site..........

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=461580
To be honest, VH, this sounds like vague, unsubstantiated rumour, no more valid than the rumours already flying around here for weeks. They don't even mention the fact that he's been trying to flog himself to Celtic.

VegasHibby
04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
To be honest, VH, this sounds like vague, unsubstantiated rumour, no more valid than the rumours already flying around here for weeks. They don't even mention the fact that he's been trying to flog himself to Celtic.

I agree but it's obvious Mowbray has no interest in him as he would have signed him by now. Yogi's probably given up on the Falkirk pair and looking elsewhere......

The_Todd
04-09-2009, 07:17 PM
I agree but it's obvious Mowbray has no interest in him as he would have signed him by now. Yogi's probably given up on the Falkirk pair and looking elsewhere......

I doubt Yogis done any such thing, Arfields an up and coming talent and in the grand scheme of his career it's early doors. Suspect we'll see renews efforts for arfield come January.

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I have no sauce...

But I just have a feeling Boozy will be back.

I won't say i'm 100% certain he'll come back.... just incase :wink:

But I have a 99% feeling that he'll be back.

And I think he would have alot to offer to the youth. :thumbsup:

shamo9
04-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Why would he give up on Barr considering the guy's not far away from becoming a free agent?

Jim44
04-09-2009, 07:48 PM

Why would he give up on Barr considering the guy's not far away from becoming a free agent?

I can't speak for him, but I think, possibly, that VegasHibby means that Yogi has given up on the Falkirk guys for the time being. :dunno:

shamo9
04-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I can't speak for him, but I think, possibly, that VegasHibby means that Yogi has given up on the Falkirk guys for the time being. :dunno:

Only till January! That would imply that we'd only want Boozy for six months. FWIW I think we should try for all three, but I doubt the budget would allow for such adventurous tactics.

VegasHibby
05-09-2009, 12:21 AM
I have no sauce...

Wee_Hibee do you know something we don't ? Is youth coack part of his deal ?

VegasHibby
05-09-2009, 12:23 AM

Barr will come to Easter Rd at some point no doubt. But Yogi's still looking.....

Hibercelona
05-09-2009, 01:28 AM

Like I said... I have no sauce. :wink:

I just have a gut feeling. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
05-09-2009, 06:53 AM
I don't think he'll be coming back.

If a deal was going to be done, it would have been done by now.

SquashedFrogg
05-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I don't think he'll be coming back.

If a deal was going to be done, it would have been done by now.

Have to agree with you. The deal would have been done the day after the transfer window if it was going to happen IMO, after we failed to get Arfield.

Maybe the fact that we have'nt done any business after failing to get him means Yogi's had assurances/got clearance to get Arfied (and Barr possibly?) in Jan.

FWIW, as much as I admired Boozy and certainly wouldn't complain if he came back on short term deal, I think Arfield is and should be number one target.

Jim44
05-09-2009, 08:18 AM
The chances are that Barr and/or Arfield won't be at ER, if at all,
until next season. Surely a one year roll over deal with Beuzelin could be a possibility. He's a greedy barsteward if he is holding out for a more lucrative deal from us or someone else (highly conspicuous by the their absence).

Dibben
05-09-2009, 08:29 AM
The chances are that Barr and/or Arfield won't be at ER, if at all,
until next season. Surely a one year roll over deal with Beuzelin could be a possibility. He's a greedy barsteward if he is holding out for a more lucrative deal from us or someone else (highly conspicuous by the their absence).

I think we've got a good chance of getting Barr in January at least. Arfield may be a different matter.

If Hibs do the 1/2 ST's again at Xmas, that may bring in extra funds to tempt Falkirk to do business!!

BH.

Sioux
05-09-2009, 09:59 AM
"Former Coventry City midfielder Guillaume Beuzelin has been linked with a move back to his former club Hibernian.

The Frenchman made 101 starts for the Edinburgh based side, scoring ten goals.

He is currently without a club after being released by Coventry City for whom he made 32 starts."

:rolleyes:
That little snippet's probably been picked up from here!

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2009, 10:04 AM
I have no sauce...

Never mind, you can ketchup later.

Littlest Hobo
05-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Taking the green specs off just for a moment, I'm wondering if Boozy would be such a good signing after all? He wasn't too clever before he ****ed off down south if my memory serves me well.:confused: He'd have to improve his performances ten fold. He was fantastic for us before he got injured but after that he seemed to jump out of tackles rather than try and win the ball. Probably why Monkey heid hasn't signed him i reckon?

sleeping giant
05-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I have a feeling that Boozy will end up at Dunfermline or similar.

Expecting Rain
05-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I wouldn`t turn my nose up at signing Boozy, on his day he could be the catalyst for some interesting link ups with Riordan, Zemmama and Stokes.

Rasta_Hibs
05-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I wouldn`t turn my nose up at signing Boozy, on his day he could be the catalyst for some interesting link ups with Riordan, Zemmama and Stokes.

I do agree!

---------Maka/Stacks

Wotherspoon-- Bamba---- Murray---- Hanlon

----------------Boozy

--------Zemmama----- Gregg

Stokes --------------------------Riordan

----------------Nish

I would say that team has goals in it. Im nae manager tho!

CentreLine
06-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Quotes Boozy "As I am still living in Edinburgh I've heard rumours about me going back to Hobs and I'd like to go back but it's not my decision"

Sounds to me as if the club have their eyes on moving forwards not back and if their had been any chance of a move for Boozy it would have been done before now. But then maybe it just needed Boozy to show an interest. Time will tell

db03
06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I do agree!

---------Maka/Stacks

----------------Boozy

----------------Nish

New signing?? :devil:

Ferry Hibbee
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
New signing?? :devil:
Should this post be moved to Greggs Board then?:duck:

Elephant Stone
06-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Get him signed! He is a free agent so Hibs have nothing to lose. If he doesn't perform then he doesn't have to play. Having Boozy and Zemmama in our midfield is too good a prospect to not give it a go.

Ferry Hibbee
06-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Could we sign him on a pay per play deal. I seem to recall before he left he was playing in a sort of sweeper role, similar to that of Kaiser Sauzee, and seemed to perform quite well. What a thought passes out of defence with Boozys' vision. But agree with many posters, a free agent, if no others coming in we surely cannot lose by signing him, even short term.

MrSmith
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
just needs sorted one way or another!:grr:

josef k
06-09-2009, 11:44 AM

We are trying to entice a player to the club with the offer of youth coack :shocked:

Dibben
06-09-2009, 11:45 AM
If he was gong to sign, I'm suprised he hasn't done so by now!

Would think if he was coming back, it would be in next few days.

Would like him back, if nothing else, he's another option in midfield.

BH.

--------
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I do agree!

---------Maka/Stacks

----------------Boozy

----------------Nish

Wotherspoon isn't a right-back. And IIRC we spent a year and a half watching Mixu's teams which had exactly that sort of "Christmas Tree" or "Diamond" or whatever midfield formation, with no width and the full-backs exposed, and now we're going back to it just to accommodate Boozy.

I assume 'Gregg' is CREGG, and you'd drop Kevin McBride (who has been playing very well, btw) for a guy who blew hot and cold even when he was at his best? I wouldn't.

And the idea of him taking over as youth coach - we have youth coaches who are doing a fine job. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And just because he's French, and played for us, even played quite well for us, doesn't mean he'd be any use as a coach. Remember Franck Sauzee? :cool2:

And last week someone else suggested we sack Gareth Evans and give Boozy HIS job. Apart from this idea being grossly unfair to Gareth (who has been an exemplary employee since re-joining and seems fully integrated into Yogi's coaching team) - see above. There is NO reason to think that Boozy would be an adequate replacement for Gareth, and every reason to believe we'd be much worse off.

Why are people so determined to keep looking back to the past instead of moving on? Players come into the team. Players move on. For money. Which is their right - I would do exactly the same if I were a professional footballer. But it must make some of our present players think when they hear their 'supporters' schmoozing over this player or that player who would be so much better for the team and who would really make everything kick off, and OH BOOOOOOOZZZZEEEEEE!!!!!

Boozy left. He's been training with Celtic - which suggests that Hibs aren't in actual fact 'the club he loves'. If he comes, we'll be second, third, maybe fourth choice in his mind. I'm sure there are other players out there who are free agents and who would do as good or better a job for us as/than Boozy.

I really hope we don't sign him.

Ferry Hibbee
06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Hmmmm, is it okay for John Hughes to look into the past and sign Falkirk players...most doing a good job as far as I hear. As for Boozy, there is absolutely no substitue for experience. So I see no reason not to bring in some experience to support the youth on the park. Certainly in my younger days as an amateur player we put experience as the spine of the team with youth all around. The youth would do all the legwork whereas the experience would do the brainwork. Only my opinion mind you, and although a member of the forum for a number of years with few posts. Most defininately not a Yam before some of the keyboard addicts start with their LTYF comments.

sleeping giant
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Hmmmm, is it okay for John Hughes to look into the past and sign Falkirk players...most doing a good job as far as I hear. As for Boozy, there is absolutely no substitue for experience. So I see no reason not to bring in some experience to support the youth on the park. Certainly in my younger days as an amateur player we put experience as the spine of the team with youth all around. The youth would do all the legwork whereas the experience would do the brainwork. Only my opinion mind you, and although a member of the forum for a number of years with few posts. Most defininately not a Yam before some of the keyboard addicts start with their LTYF comments.
I dont think he would get a regular game and i would imagine he would be after a decent wedge too.
I would rather spend this other wedge elsewhere.

Good luck to man but i dont think we need him.

--------
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM

TBF Hughes had worked with McBride, Cregg, and Stokes - I assume they're the ones you're thinking of - before he signed them, so he was bringing in known quantities, which after the pot-luck approach of our previous two managers is very reassuring. The same argument could apply to Barr and Arfield, both of whom are considered to be rising talents in the Scottish game - Barr's in the Scotland squad, and Arfield's in the U-21s and has attracted interest from other clubs than ourselves. If we hadn't signed the others, I don't think we'd be having any problem about either of them.

From my reading of the threads, I get the impression that some of us are thinking that Boozy might do a Sauzee for us.

I disagree.

First, Boozy is nowhere near as good a player as FS was, and never will be if he plays till he's 100.

Second, he has a history of serious long-term injuries.

Third, I totally agree with you in principle - we could do with an experienced old head in the team to run things. BUT I would say that a senior player playing the sort of role you're suggesting needs to be in sync with the manager the way FS and McLeish were. I'd have to be convinced that there was that relationship between Hughes and Boozy before I felt happy about him being assigned that role.

That said, I also agree that it would be nice if maybe our next couple of signings could be players from somewhere other than Falkirk .... :agree:

jgl07
06-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I think we've got a good chance of getting Barr in January at least. Arfield may be a different matter.

If Hibs do the 1/2 ST's again at Xmas, that may bring in extra funds to tempt Falkirk to do business!!

That is less likely if Hibs do demolish the East Terrace in January?

Hibercelona
06-09-2009, 01:05 PM

Won't you just be amayonnaized if he does come back?

Sorry.... its all I could come up with. :boo hoo:

Dibben
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
That is less likely if Hibs do demolish the East Terrace in January?

I agree. Although, i've never read anywhere hiw many ST's we have sold this year, so there maybe some scope for additional ST's!

Also, i was hoping to get 1 at xmas... Hope they do them again!

BH.

Winston Ingram
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=461835

Phil D. Rolls
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Won't you just be amayonnaized if he does come back?

Sorry.... its all I could come up with. :boo hoo:

Please accept my heart felt condiments.

Dibben
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM

With Yogi having trimmed the squad significantly, which must have brought the weekly wage bill down by a fair amount, I reckon Boozy is definately a luxury that we can afford, especially on an initial short term, earn yorself a better deal, contract.

BH.

munchar
06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Why are people so determined to keep looking back to the past instead of moving on? Players come into the team. Players move on. For money. Which is their right - I would do exactly the same if I were a professional footballer. But it must make some of our present players think when they hear their 'supporters' schmoozing over this player or that player who would be so much better for the team and who would really make everything kick off, and OH BOOOOOOOZZZZEEEEEE!!!!!

Boozy left. He's been training with Celtic - which suggests that Hibs aren't in actual fact 'the club he loves'. If he comes, we'll be second, third, maybe fourth choice in his mind. I'm sure there are other players out there who are free agents and who would do as good or better a job for us as/than Boozy.

I really hope we don't sign him.

I dont hear you complaining about Deek or Murray coming back!
If theyre still good enough, which imo Boozy is, (and a free), why not? Better frees out there? Who? Boozy knows the club, area, and his burd is from here, which makes settling in easy. To me, its a no brainer.

ancient hibee
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I find it strange that to fit in a guy at the end of his career who actually has not done much for 3 years-who we do not know if he's even fit-people are willing to sacrifice players like McBride and Wotherspoon and alter a system that is performing for the team.

Mibbes Aye
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I dont think he would get a regular game and i would imagine he would be after a decent wedge too.
I would rather spend this other wedge elsewhere.

Good luck to man but i dont think we need him.

:agree: My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure he'll relish the opportunity.

Hibbyradge
06-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I think he views Hibs as just an extension of his gravy train.

Mibbes Aye
06-09-2009, 05:42 PM

:agree: Can't disagree and that sort of attitude won't cut the mustard with Yogi.

--------
06-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I find it strange that to fit in a guy at the end of his career who actually has not done much for 3 years-who we do not know if he's even fit-people are willing to sacrifice players like McBride and Wotherspoon and alter a system that is performing for the team.

:agree: Very strange.

Brizo
06-09-2009, 06:11 PM
When he wasnt carrying injuries and when he was in the mood Boozy played some outstanding games for us. However there were a whole lot of games where he was anonymous , a passenger. How much of that was due to carrying injuries or the fact he couldnt be ersed is debatable but cynical me guesses a high percentage was the latter.

We currently have a midfield who individually dont have Boozys talent but who are collectively playing some great passing fitba and are showing a workrate Boozy didnt have then and would be even less likely to have now. Id be very surprised if Yogi sees Boozy as part of a Hibs midfield as he seems to want midfielders who can play fitba on the deck when we are in possession but press the ball and hustle opponents when they have it. That latter part of the game was never in Boozys locker even when he was at his best.

mayo hibee
06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I dont hear you complaining about Deek or Murray coming back!
If theyre still good enough, which imo Boozy is, (and a free), why not? Better frees out there? Who? Boozy knows the club, area, and his burd is from here, which makes settling in easy. To me, its a no brainer.

Stephen Appiah's playing for Ghana at the moment. They're about to qualify for the World Cup. Amazingly, he hasn't been able to find a club for over a year. He's only 28. Sounds ridiculous but we're probably exactly the kind of team he needs to play with to keep him ticking over until the World Cup.

Anyway, point is, there are plenty of decent players out there on frees at the moment. We just need our scouting network to source them out, rather than just signing a guy because he lives in Edinburgh.

Billychaotic182
06-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Wonder if He will sign?

we could do alot worst.

Cant have enough good players in a team i think

Mibbes Aye
06-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Stephen Appiah's playing for Ghana at the moment. They're about to qualify for the World Cup. Amazingly, he hasn't been able to find a club for over a year. He's only 28. Sounds ridiculous but we're probably exactly the kind of team he needs to play with to keep him ticking over until the World Cup.

Anyway, point is, there are plenty of decent players out there on frees at the moment. We just need our scouting network to source them out, rather than just signing a guy because he lives in Edinburgh.

He's a very talented player but he's got a knee made out of balsa wood by the sounds of it, hence nobody touching him with a (very delicate) bargepole.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Good player who can certainly do a job for us.

Most importantly, there's a manager in there who won't accept passengers so if he disappears from a game, you can guarantee he'll disappear completely from the next one and reappear from the bench a few weeks later.

hibbybrian
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Stephen Appiah's playing for Ghana at the moment. They're about to qualify for the World Cup. Amazingly, he hasn't been able to find a club for over a year. He's only 28.

Stephen Appiah is never 28 - I first saw him playing for Hearts of Oak in Accra in 1995 and he was at least 18 (if not older) at that time - Ghana has an incredible record in all the under 21 - 19 - 17 world cups, but until recently a poor record in Internationals due to the players being overage. :wink:

VegasHibby
06-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I did read somewhere today about Boozy asking Hibs to come and get him. Looks like Yogi has 2 players he supposedly signing before the Hamilton game. Is Boozy one of them ?

HibbyKeith
06-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Stephen Appiah is never 28 - I first saw him playing for Hearts of Oak in Accra in 1995 and he was at least 18 (if not older) at that time - Ghana has an incredible record in all the under 21 - 19 - 17 world cups, but until recently a poor record in Internationals due to the players being overage. :wink:

http://www.stepapp.com/biography.html# suggests otherwise :wink:

hibbybrian
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.stepapp.com/biography.html# suggests otherwise :wink:

It might suggest otherwise, however,

Quote "He played for Mighty Victory colts team in Mamprobi and he was spotted by Accra Hearts of Oak (one of Ghana’s top teams) – when he scored 2 goals in a game against Cow Lane Stars which featured household names like Laryea Kingston, Godwin Attram and Aziz Ansah to name a few."

the name of the team is actually Cow Lane Babies :wink: and I was a drinking friend of their coach :greengrin If they don't know the name of the opposing team, I doubt they know much more :devil:

I happen to support Accra Great Olympics as I couldn't follow a team called Hearts, despite most of my wife's family being Hearts supporters :greengrin

Godwin Attram played for Cow Lane Babies and was signed by Hearts and then Kotoko - he was then transferred to a Portuguese side as an under 23 player for Ghana - at the time he was at least 28 as confirmed by said Cow Lane Babies Coach :wink: Instead of being a player entering his prime time, he was getting past it and never progressed. You might note a similar scenario with Larty Lamptey

In Ghana a child is given the name of the day of the week which they were born - my 2 sons were both born on Saturdays and hence their given Ghanaian name is Kwame - apart from the ease of getting a Ghanaian passport for a bung, the abuse of the sibling 's passport is widespread in sporting terms and therefore I would be confident in assuring you that Stephen Appiah is not 28 years of age.

Check out Ghana's past other child footballing prodigies such as Nii Lamptey :wink:

Luna_Asylum
06-09-2009, 09:13 PM
It might suggest otherwise, however,

Quote "He played for Mighty Victory colts team in Mamprobi and he was spotted by Accra Hearts of Oak (one of Ghana’s top teams) – when he scored 2 goals in a game against Cow Lane Stars which featured household names like Laryea Kingston, Godwin Attram and Aziz Ansah to name a few."

the name of the team is actually Cow Lane Babies :wink: and I was a drinking friend of their coach :greengrin If they don't know the name of the opposing team, I doubt they know much more :devil:

I happen to support Accra Great Olympics as I couldn't follow a team called Hearts, despite most of my wife's family being Hearts supporters :greengrin

Godwin Attram played for Cow Lane Babies and was signed by Hearts and then Kotoko - he was then transferred to a Portuguese side as an under 23 player for Ghana - at the time he was at least 28 as confirmed by said Cow Lane Babies Coach :wink: Instead of being a player entering his prime time, he was getting past it and never progressed. You might note a similar scenario with Larty Lamptey

In Ghana a child is given the name of the day of the week which they were born - my 2 sons were both born on Saturdays and hence their given Ghanaian name is Kwame - apart from the ease of getting a Ghanaian passport for a bung, the abuse of the sibling 's passport is widespread in sporting terms and therefore I would be confident in assuring you that Stephen Appiah is not 28 years of age.

Check out Ghana's past other child footballing prodigies such as Nii Lamptey :wink:

so what age does that make Stephen?

Scooter
06-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I really don't understand some people. Here is a player who has the ability to improve our squad, but some people are moaning that he has no work eithic, work eithic or not this did not stop ONE person not wanting riordan back and he Is one of the laziest players I've ever seen. But cause he has the ability the rest is over looked as is his night out shananagans. But we can't do the same for boozy!! Ian Murray gave us the fingers but we were happy to take him back.

For what is worth deek has looked the best he ever had against Celtic and I give Hughes the credit for that if he can do it for deek then he can do it for boozy. I still think he world harder than people can remember.

hibbybrian
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
so what age does that make Stephen?

I reckon Appiah is at least 32 :duck:

Pedantic_Hibee
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Obafemi Martins is only 24 for example yet I most likely had his poster on my bedroom wall when I was about 7 year old. I'm 27 now.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
FWIW, I would take Appiah in a minute, he's an absolute powerhouse :cool2:

RIP
07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
If Hibernian-Mad have actually spoken to him it sounds that as we suspected, John Hughes isn't calling Beuzy.

The statements Yogi's been making to the media such as "Players aged from 20 to 28" and "Players with their best years in front of them" might have been aimed at those who were clamouring to get Beuzy back.

Shame, but it looks like the move to Coventry didn't pay off. Something smells a bit off if a man of Guillaime Beuzelin's class can't get a club, even if he is 30 now.

Dibben
07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
If Hibernian-Mad have actually spoken to him it sounds that as we suspected, John Hughes isn't calling Beuzy.

The statements Yogi's been making to the media such as "Players aged from 20 to 28" and "Players with their best years in front of them" might have been aimed at those who were clamouring to get Beuzy back.

Shame, but it looks like the move to Coventry didn't pay off. Something smells a bit off if a man of Guillaime Beuzelin's class can't get a club, even if he is 30 now.

Either we aren't interested at all, or are trying to reduce the wage demands...

The longer he goes without a club, the smaller salary he may accept!

BH.

RIP
07-09-2009, 07:46 AM
When he wasnt carrying injuries and when he was in the mood Boozy played some outstanding games for us. However there were a whole lot of games where he was anonymous , a passenger. How much of that was due to carrying injuries or the fact he couldnt be ersed is debatable but cynical me guesses a high percentage was the latter.

We currently have a midfield who individually dont have Boozys talent but who are collectively playing some great passing fitba and are showing a workrate Boozy didnt have then and would be even less likely to have now. Id be very surprised if Yogi sees Boozy as part of a Hibs midfield as he seems to want midfielders who can play fitba on the deck when we are in possession but press the ball and hustle opponents when they have it. That latter part of the game was never in Boozys locker even when he was at his best.

I agree with the sentiments in your post Brizo but not the closing statement. Beuzy was the best standing tackler I'd seen at Easter Road in two or three decades. He was fantastic at winning the ball off an opponent.

Many cite his long ball vision and whilst that aspect of his game caught the eye of the pundits, it was his value to the team as a ball-wining midfielder that I and others rated

Beefster
07-09-2009, 08:32 AM

You're not the only one to think that.

truehibernian
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I think the fact that Yogi signed Bullen, McCann, Pressley and McNamara shows that he still has an eye for experience when it is called for. The Celtic game showed for me that our midfield is good this year, but requires a bit of composure and experience......someone to put their foot on the ball at the right time. Boozy can give that in my opinion, even if it's only for a season long contract. Under Mixu, Boozy for me was being asked to play both defensively and offensively, in an almost non existant midfield. A Hughes team, which is far far more balanced and "footballing", could be ideal for Boozy.

VegasHibby
07-09-2009, 01:02 PM

Something isn't right about Boozy for sure otherwise Yogi would have wasted no time to bring him back. I just hope the Yams don't pick him up it'll come back to haunt us.......

IWasThere2016
07-09-2009, 01:18 PM

I've long thought that we've lacked experience .. for expample TM's side needed it IMHO .. and I fail to see the logic in the 20-28 years comment. So we wouldn't sign a 19-year old with fantastic prospects??? :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I've long thought that we've lacked experience .. for expample TM's side needed it IMHO .. and I fail to see the logic in the 20-28 years comment. So we wouldn't sign a 19-year old with fantastic prospects??? :confused:

Bargaining chip so as not to get held to ransom over experienced players?

IWasThere2016
07-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Bargaining chip so as not to get held to ransom over experienced players?

I think there may be a game of bluff going on between Hibs and Boozy

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Can't make my mind up about Boozy but if Yogi feels he can do a consistent job for us that'll do for me. Perhaps a rolling 1 year deal would be best for starters.

Odd he's not fixed up so reasonable to suspect something is holding out. Interesting choice of training facilities walk away if we're getting drawn into something with Celtic (bluff or otherwise).

Tomsk
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I agree with the sentiments in your post Brizo but not the closing statement. Beuzy was the best standing tackler I'd seen at Easter Road in two or three decades. He was fantastic at winning the ball off an opponent.

Many cite his long ball vision and whilst that aspect of his game caught the eye of the pundits, it was his value to the team as a ball-wining midfielder that I and others rated

Right on the money, 49. At his best, and I willingly accept that was not as often as we would have all liked, he was fantastic at winning possession from the opposition by pressing and stealing the ball. His use of the ball after effecting the turnover was excellent, especially from deep. One of my very favourite Hibs players.

And if he had been more consistent he would never crossed our door.

MB62
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
IF Yogi has signed anybody, or is about to sign somebody who is a free agent, we won't make any announcement on this until Thursday or Friday at the earliest.
Hibs will want to maximize any publicity on any new signings and at the moment, all the press attention is focussed on Scotland. We may well have already signed one or two players, as Yogi hinted at, but they will not be revealed until nearer the Hamilton game and once Wednesday is out of the way.
Thursday the papers will be full of Scotland reports, so look for Friday being the day any news is forthcoming, IF there is anything to report.

RIP
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM

I totally agree with your experience comment - I remember the side Mowbray inherited from Blobby who had lost 0-2 to Livi in the 2004 CIS Final. Young laddies who lacked the nous for the big occasion

Remember that in my posts I'm quoting Yogi's age criteria not agreeing with him.

If everything is OK with Beuzy i.e. fitness, lifestyle, mental approach then I would prefer to see him added to the squad. Players such as Cregg, Bamba and Murray are dead certs to pick up bookings in the battling half of the pitch. Suspensions will invariably kick in and it's not fair to relay on a wee / young laddie to step into that breach

However in a 3-year squad-building strategy Yogi may be focusing on the medium to long term. Signing a player for less than 2 years may not be part of that strategy. Bringing more of the U19's through may be a bigger priority e.g. finding a DM role for Sean Welsh who is rated highly.

So QM - Yogi probably thinks he has enough 19year olds (8?) and doesn't want to invest his wage budget in a thirty-year old midfielder having just sold on a 29 year old CH and released a 33 year old striker

Still hoping he can find a role for Beuzy but it's looking less likely as the weeks pass

shamo9
07-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Having Boozy wouldn't hinder the younger players development, it would assist it. Boozy is one of the few players in Scotland with genuine quality, his composure and vision is also something to admire. The younger players would benefit greatly from watching how he does the things he does with a football, day in, day out. He might not be the hardest worker, but we already have enough of them.

500miles
07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Wotherspoon, Cregg, Stevenson, Welsh and Thicot. 5 guys who would learn a helluva lot from the likes of Boozy. Like the golden generation learned from Sauzee and Latapy, this generation would learn from Boozy. He may not be on Franck or Russel's level, but he has a lot of technique to be passed on.

Hibs Spain
07-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Having Boozy wouldn't hinder the younger players development, it would assist it. Boozy is one of the few players in Scotland with genuine quality, his composure and vision is also something to admire. The younger players would benefit greatly from watching how he does the things he does with a football, day in, day out. He might not be the hardest worker, but we already have enough of them.I agree completely.Great post.I'd have him back in a heartbeat :agree:

Scotthibs1875
07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Boozy has been training with Celtic:bye:

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Oh no, when did this happen?

Billychaotic182
07-09-2009, 08:22 PM
and?

500miles
07-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Neil McCann is training with us. We've simply allowed him to use the facilities.

Jack
07-09-2009, 08:35 PM

There's been a lot of chat about him training with Celtc. My thought would be he knows TM better than anyone at Hibs so it was easier for all concerned to arrange.

Billychaotic182
07-09-2009, 08:52 PM
At Celtic he knows Caldwell, Brown, Killen, Park and TM

Why would he train with us when he would know only a few ppl?

But like someone else has said he is there to keep fit not to try and win anyone over at celtic

VegasHibby
08-09-2009, 12:05 AM
It's quite obvious Boozy went to train with Celtic to try and win over Mowbray. Because Mowbray is not interested now he's asking Yogi to bring him back. His last resort is us.

monktonharp
08-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Anyway, point is, there are plenty of decent players out there on frees at the moment. We just need our scouting network to source them out, rather than just signing a guy because he lives in Edinburgh.:agree:Boozy is not what we need,even if he lives round the corner fae the ground. btw,do you live near a Castle,or a Bar? or a combination of those:wink:

NOLA
08-09-2009, 12:53 AM
At Celtic he knows Caldwell, Brown, Killen, Park and TM

Why would he train with us when he would know only a few ppl?

But like someone else has said he is there to keep fit not to try and win anyone over at celtic

would think he know's zemamma,benji,hogg,lewis,mccann,physio:devil:

hibbykeef
08-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I heard he was offered training from us,but declined due to the speculation it would bring.:agree:

mayo hibee
08-09-2009, 12:16 PM
:agree:Boozy is not what we need,even if he lives round the corner fae the ground. btw,do you live near a Castle,or a Bar? or a combination of those:wink:

Glasgow actually! - but ya, originally a combination of the two :agree:

monktonharp
08-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Glasgow actually! - but ya, originally a combination of the two :agree::wink:been there,me auld Ma's family originate from that way.

Speedway
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Who would you drop to put Boozy in the side? (Question for anyone)

bighairyfaeleith
09-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I heard we're looking at;
Becks
Miller
Tennant
and Boozy.

All a bit Special and of some Kaliber

Becks will nae sign because posh will nae move here
Kenny miller can do one, he wisnae good enough for us the first time around
Tennant, why the **** would we want a doctor who reject :confused:
Boozy - if he hasn't signed yet then he isn't going to!!

Andy74
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Who would you drop to put Boozy in the side? (Question for anyone)

It's a squad game so it depends if Rankin, Cregg and McBride can keep up their form and stay clear of injury and suspension.

Boozy is also probably a better footballer than any of them but they are doing fine just now.

If they were to be missing, McBride in particular, I'd rather Boozy as a natural option to come in and link play than say Stevenson.

We could do with all the talented football playing players we can get.

VegasHibby
09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Becks will nae sign because posh will nae move here
Kenny miller can do one, he wisnae good enough for us the first time around
Tennant, why the **** would we want a doctor who reject :confused:
Boozy - if he hasn't signed yet then he isn't going to!!

Aye I'll drink to that.......

smurf
09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
It's a squad game so it depends if Rankin, Cregg and McBride can keep up their form and stay clear of injury and suspension.

Boozy is also probably a better footballer than any of them but they are doing fine just now.

If they were to be missing, McBride in particular, I'd rather Boozy as a natural option to come in and link play than say Stevenson.

We could do with all the talented football playing players we can get.

I agree with all of that.

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
A friend in Cork was at the game and said Boozy did very little. He idn't seem like a man playing for a contract anywhere, never mind at Darkhead.

Boozy14
10-09-2009, 05:29 PM
would think he know's zemamma,benji,hogg,lewis,mccann,physio:devil:

What about Riordan,Nish,Murray,Makka,Rankin,Stevenson,Mcormac k,Wootherspoon....he knows all of them too

Boozy14
10-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Glasgow actually! - but ya, originally a combination of the two :agree:

Stays in Edinburgh.....

GlesgaeHibby
11-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Free agent Guillame Beuzelin may sign for Celtic in the next 48 hours after starring in a friendly win over Cork City. (Scottish Sun)

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I think we can put this one to bed now.:greengrin

Jim44
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Free agent Guillame Beuzelin may sign for Celtic in the next 48 hours after starring in a friendly win over Cork City. (Scottish Sun)

:confused:.starring? By all accounts he hardly kicked a ball. I think the signing of Miller may have got the message across to Beuzelin so he's gone for the easy option of a good wage for zero input. :greengrin Probably the end of his first team career.

Brando7
11-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Mowbray quashed speculation he is set to sign French midfielder Guillaume Beuzelin, who played for a Celtic XI in the 1-0 friendly win at Cork City on Wednesday night.

A free agent since leaving Coventry, Beuzelin is available outside the transfer window and has been training with the Hoops.

But Mowbray, who had Beuzelin under his charge at Hibernian, said: "We are facilitating Guillaume by allowing him to train with us and he goes with Neil Lennon's group.

"I heard he was supposed to sign for us but I suggest that isn't the case.

"He is a lad that I respect immensely and I am amazed that he hasn't got a club yet.

"It's sad that talent isn't recognised and other qualities are put in to a higher pecking order.

"But we have some players on the fringes and we have other players like Barry Robson coming back.

"So I don't see it as an option for us to bring Guillaume in; he would become another player like those who would overload us in the midfield position."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5550470,00.html

Jim44
11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Mowbray quashed speculation he is set to sign French midfielder Guillaume Beuzelin, who played for a Celtic XI in the 1-0 friendly win at Cork City on Wednesday night.

A free agent since leaving Coventry, Beuzelin is available outside the transfer window and has been training with the Hoops.

But Mowbray, who had Beuzelin under his charge at Hibernian, said: "We are facilitating Guillaume by allowing him to train with us and he goes with Neil Lennon's group.

"He is a lad that I respect immensely and I am amazed that he hasn't got a club yet.

"It's sad that talent isn't recognised and other qualities are put in to a higher pecking order.

"But we have some players on the fringes and we have other players like Barry Robson coming back.

"So I don't see it as an option for us to bring Guillaume in; he would become another player like those who would overload us in the midfield position."

So the thread title 'Boozy on his way....... ' was correct after all, except that Boozy is going in the other direction. :bye:

Mon Dieu4
11-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Hope Boozy keeps reminding the wee ginger canute about the time he megged him, then let him catch up only to dink the ball over him, making Lennon look a bigger erky than usual twice in 10 seconds:thumbsup:

VegasHibby
11-09-2009, 03:49 PM
So the thread title 'Boozy on his way....... ' was correct after all, except that Boozy is going in the other direction. :bye:

Especially just signing Miller,Boozy's on his way out. As JIMM44 says probably end of Boozys first team experience for a while unless he goes to a lower SPL team like Hamilton or Hearts.

Scooter
12-09-2009, 07:12 AM
In the sun today mowbray saying that he's phoned spl managers for boozy cause mowbray can't give him a deal. Get it sorted Petrie:grr:

Petrie's Tache
12-09-2009, 07:21 AM
He'll end up at Aberdeen or Dundee Utd.:bitchy:

CentreLine
12-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Especially just signing Miller,Boozy's on his way out. As JIMM44 says probably end of Boozys first team experience for a while unless he goes to a lower SPL team like Hamilton or Hearts.

He could end up on the other side of the city and would be their best signing in a long time by a street. Certainly better than any of their current midfield and I would not like to see that happen. After all that would leave hahahearts only needing a striker to be world beaters.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-09-2009, 08:14 AM

I'm beginning to get annoyed with Mowbray these days. His arrogance and view points are coming across as if he is some footballing Guru. Especially with McGeady being sent off "You need to be inteligent in the game to realise what was happening before he went down..."
:bye:

Jack
12-09-2009, 09:09 AM
IMO there is no way he will end up at Hahahearts, quite simply they have NO money.

I think Dunfermline would be his best option, if he wants to stay close. I would have said Falkirk but I don’t think they have the savvy these days to deal with a players like GB.

bigwheel
12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
With a decent group of midfielders now, I don't think we need Boozy. He has a difficult injury record also....I'd prefer we sign another defender...

RickyS
12-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm beginning to get annoyed with Mowbray these days. His arrogance and view points are coming across as if he is some footballing Guru. Especially with McGeady being sent off "You need to be inteligent in the game to realise what was happening before he went down..."
:bye:

I dont think Boozy would struggle to find an SPL league, but his wage demands would rule out everyone, apart from the bigot brothers and us. Utd and the sheep might be able to come up with £1500 quid or so. I think Bozzy will regret forever not signin the contract that was on the table before he left.