NaeTechnoHibby
04-09-2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/comments.php?id=3666_0_1_0_C

they say they come in threes

I hope not :agree:

RIP

Gatecrasher
04-09-2009, 06:38 PM
two hibbys in such a short space of time. i hope we get a chance to pay our respects against st johnstone

RIP

The Harp
04-09-2009, 06:41 PM
More sad news at a relatively young age.
Condolences to Billy's family.

RIP

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Another sad loss from the Hibernian family

RIP Billy

Rasta_Hibs
04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
RIP to a member of the Hibernian family!

--------
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Very sorry to hear this - I was on the phone to a Hibbie mate up north last night and we were speaking about him. He was one of the first Hibs team I watched regularly, as a fan.

Willie Wilson; Billy Simpson, Joe Davis; Pat Stanton, John McNamee, John Baxter; Jim Scott, Willie Hamilton, Neil Martin, Peter Cormack, and Eric Stevenson, IIRC.

Lotta football in that team.

Billy, in my memory, was a big strong laddie and a very good back. One of the 'Verdun' school of defenders, IIRC - "They shall not pass." Or run, or cross the ball, or head the ball, or do anything else Billy didn't approve of.

Again, condolences to his family. I'm very sorry to hear this news.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Very sorry to hear this - I was on the phone to a Hibbie mate up north last night and we were speaking about him. He was one of the first Hibs team I watched regularly, as a fan.

Willie Wilson; Billy Simpson, Joe Davis; Pat Stanton, John McNamee, John Baxter; Jim Scott, Willie Hamilton, Neil Martin, Peter Cormack, and Eric Stevenson, IIRC.

Billy, in my memory, was a big strong laddie and a very good back. One of the 'Verdun' school of defenders, IIRC - "They shall not pass." Or run, or cross the ball, or head the ball, or do anything else Billy didn't approve of.

Great memories Doddie which I'm happy to say I share with you

--------
04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Great memories Doddie which I'm happy to say I share with you

Ain't it a bugger when your boyhood heroes start dropping off the twig, John?

How many of those guys have gone now? Willie Wilson, Willie Hamilton, Jim Scott, and now Billy.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:19 PM

You said it buddy.

lapsedhibee
04-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Could be wrong but I would have remembered the forwards lining up in a different order: with those five, I'd say normally
7.Cormack 8.Hamilton 9.Scott 10.Martin 11.Stevenson.

WindyMiller
05-09-2009, 01:42 AM

Me too.
But I think LapsedHibee's (LapsedHibee@s) line up is the correct one.

RIP

lapsedhibee
05-09-2009, 07:25 AM

How many of those guys have gone now? Willie Wilson, Willie Hamilton, Jim Scott, and now Billy.

Think your report of Jim Scott's death may be, er, greatly exaggerated. His brother Alex, who played right wing for us, died in 2001.

mim
05-09-2009, 07:46 AM
R.I.P. Billy.

I had the pleasure of knowing Billy, along with Willie Wilson and Eric and Morris Stevenson, who were all regulars after training in McGlaughlan's snooker hall in Leith Street.

Green Machine
05-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Lapsed Hibee is correct Jim Scott was playing golf at Falkirk Last week in an organised rememberence game for his brother Alex.

Condolences to the Simpson Familly

--------
06-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Think your report of Jim Scott's death may be, er, greatly exaggerated. His brother Alex, who played right wing for us, died in 2001.

Oh, thanks. I knew one of the Scott boys had died. Apologies. :agree:

Hiber-nation
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Met him when I was a laddie, he used to come into my mum's shop, nice guy.

RIP Billy.