PDA

View Full Version : Yams Csaba tells it how it is (allegedly)

Spike Mandela
04-09-2009, 05:46 PM
http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24508&st=0

:faf:

jacomo
04-09-2009, 07:22 PM
:greengrin

Good ol' Shabby. He just wants the sack, doesn't he?

marinello59
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Unwashed Tink #1 :faf:

Sergey
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Unwashed Tink #1 :faf:

Those Aberdonian's do have a way with words!

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Those Aberdonian's do have a way with words!

Indeed they do....

They get it right as well :wink:

Winston Ingram
04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Working for a hospitality agency the now and got sent along to work at the monthly Hearts Shareholders Dinner, where 2 officials from the club answer, unscripted, questions from shareholders. Usually the officials are a steward and someone fae the ticket office but tonight it was Csaba and his assistant. Below are a condensed version of questions and answers, most of the questions were repeats or pish.

Unwashed Tink #1: "You staying or doing a bolt?"
Csaba: "I want to stay, hearts are a great club, i love the fans, i love the city, i want to stay 10 years. I would sign a 10 year contract tomorrow if the owner matched my ambition. But the owner doesn't. It is not about money, i would take a pay cut to stay, but i want to keep improving and the owner doesn't."

Unwashed Tink #2: "Why is Larry Kingston still a hearts player? He clearly he doesn't want to be here!"
Csaba: "In 7 days he will not be a problem. I am 1 step ahead of you"

Unwashed Tink #3: "Why do you keep play Nade? he is clearly rubbish"
Csaba: "I have no other strikers, he is not responding well to the pressure. He does not have the maturity to handle it."
Unwashed Tink #3: "But what about Glenn?"
Csaba: "Glenn is a fantastic prospect, however talent alone doesn't make a footballer, you need to make effort in training, you have to respond to man management, you have to have a certain maturity" <do you see the theme?>
Unwashed Tink #3: "Why did you only sign Witteveen then?"
Csaba: "I went to the owner with 10 potential strikers at the end of last season, the owner gave me Witteveen. I have to be very diplomatic when speaking about Witteveen. In terms of signings it is very difficult to identify potential signings when there is no scouting team or network of any sort."

Unwashed Tink #4: "Why did you make Mikey Stewart captain?"
Csaba: "When I look at my squad i do not see many characters, i see people who dont want to be here, i see children, i see players who cannot handle the pressure. Who should i have?"
Unwashed Tinks: "<they all shout different names>"
Csaba: "ha ha ha ha ha. You see what i mean? I had Wallace come into my office last week asking 'gaffer, why am i not in the Scotland squad?' I say 'I am not Burnley, phone him' he is still young, he needs to grow up, they are still young."

There was also a brilliant analogy comparing Glenn to a Ford, but hopes to make him into a Mercedes but he will never be a Ferrari.
:greengrin

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Superb :greengrin

For any passing Yam's can you explain why you still beLIEve when your Manager is honest enough to say i would take a pay cut to stay, but i want to keep improving and the owner doesn't.?

matty_f
05-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Cracking read. Plan F certainly has the knives out, and appears to be doing his utmost to protect his own reputation.

BroxburnHibee
05-09-2009, 06:09 AM
:faf:

Tick tock indeed.

Dibben
05-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Big team my :asshole:

:violin:

BH.

linlithgowhibbie
05-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Loadypiiissshhh,

unfortunately!!!!

Peevemor
05-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Loadypiiissshhh,

unfortunately!!!!

Folk on brokeback who were there are reporting much the same things.

Leithenhibby
05-09-2009, 08:45 AM
:greengrin There is some stuff that you just can't, make up!!

PaulSmith
05-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Loadypiiissshhh,

unfortunately!!!!

Try again..

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=169085

in-me-pocket
05-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Loadypiiissshhh,

unfortunately!!!!

I know someone who was there and this is 100% true

linlithgowhibbie
06-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Having read the article, please accept my humblest apologies, great stuff!!!!

rainman
07-09-2009, 04:27 AM
Interesting read.

He seems to get a lot of admirers for speaking his mind.

I wonder how gary Glenn is feeling reading that. Or Wheetawotsit. Or the two "captains" for that matter.

He won Manager of the year award last year for taking a squad with the 3rd biggest wage bill in the league, into third place.

He smiles a lot and is brutally honest but for me he's just an ar5e talking a load of pish in a Hearts jacket.

Jack
07-09-2009, 07:54 AM
To be fair I thought Plan F did do really well last season.

I don’t think the 3rd highest wage bill in the SPL is all that relevant in that most of the highest paid players, like Larry Kingston, didn’t play much or were sold during the season. The points that won them 3rd place was a short spell when all that wasn’t the case, Plan F was able to hold on.

There's another version of this floating about suggesting Larry the Lounge Lizard will be off, Russian transfer window, so the proof of whether all this is true or not will come out if nothing is heard.

All this leaves Plan F with a thread bare, poor quality squad with a few hot heads in it. In a decent SPL season they'd be relegated.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when Vlad is discussing the future of Hearts, assuming he does and assuming they have one.

Oscar T Grouch
07-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Ken he's the manky lot's manager but I'm begining to like this guy. Shame he'll no be at S W incastle too much longer :wink:

goosano
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
You just know your place as the wee team when you hear comments like this in the interview

"He made the point that while Glen does have something to offer, he does have fundamental flaws in his game (e.g. lack of pace, touch could be better)"

"The manager agreed with the fans that while Kingston is a good player, you cannot afford to have a well-paid guy like him-15k per week- who only gives you 10 games a season (max.), especially when he always seems to be available for his national team to select him."

"The only other thing worthy of mentioning was Csaba's acknowledgement that there are no genuinely good candidates at the club for the role of captain, which also sparked some chat about the disciplinary situation."

"he is confident that Zaliukas especially will not be sent off this season "

:faf::faf::faf:

Jonnyboy
07-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Superb :greengrin

For any passing Yam's can you explain why you still beLIEve when your Manager is honest enough to say i would take a pay cut to stay, but i want to keep improving and the owner doesn't.?

Disappointed I've had no response to this as at least one Yam has read it.

Maybe they've finally given up the ghost :wink:

Tomsk
07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Interesting read.

He seems to get a lot of admirers for speaking his mind.

I wonder how gary Glenn is feeling reading that. Or Wheetawotsit. Or the two "captains" for that matter.

He won Manager of the year award last year for taking a squad with the 3rd biggest wage bill in the league, into third place.

He smiles a lot and is brutally honest but for me he's just an ar5e talking a load of pish in a Hearts jacket.

They should out that on his gravestone. Superb! :greengrin

Sergey
07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
To be fair I thought Plan F did do really well last season.

I don’t think the 3rd highest wage bill in the SPL is all that relevant in that most of the highest paid players, like Larry Kingston, didn’t play much or were sold during the season. The points that won them 3rd place was a short spell when all that wasn’t the case, Plan F was able to hold on.

There's another version of this floating about suggesting Larry the Lounge Lizard will be off, Russian transfer window, so the proof of whether all this is true or not will come out if nothing is heard.

All this leaves Plan F with a thread bare, poor quality squad with a few hot heads in it. In a decent SPL season they'd be relegated.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when Vlad is discussing the future of Hearts, assuming he does and assuming they have one.

Regarding Larry the Lounge Lizard. I've always doubted his actual ownership.

He was signed from Terek Grozny and the deal was brokered by his agent, German Tkachenko. A dodgy Russian, even by their low standards.

Tkachenko runs some sort of agency/brokerage based in Russia and still shows Kingston as a client:

http://prosm.ru/pages/clients.php

A Russian transfer of a Ghanian with the monies payable to Lithuania.

Aye. This is another Velicka-esque deal for the Yams.

:deal: Pay the wages and get sod-all back in return.

degenerated
07-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Regarding Larry the Lounge Lizard. I've always doubted his actual ownership.

He was signed from Terek Grozny and the deal was brokered by his agent, German Tkachenko. A dodgy Russian, even by their low standards.

Tkachenko runs some sort of agency/brokerage based in Russia and still shows Kingston as a client:

http://prosm.ru/pages/clients.php

A Russian transfer of a Ghanian with the monies payable to Lithuania.

Aye. This is another Velicka-esque deal for the Yams.

:deal: Pay the wages and get sod-all back in return.

quite literally on this ocassion :greengrin