View Full Version : NHC Scotland Team to beat Macedonia

GlesgaeHibby
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
What do you think the team should be tomorrow? I'd like to see

Gordon
Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker
Maloney Brown Hartley Fletcher McFadden
O'Connor

Whittaker, O'Connor and Maloney are all in great form for their clubs right now and deserve a start. As much as I can't stand Hartley, he always gives his all for his country and is a far better option than Graham Alexander. McFadden can produce something special as we've seen, and Whittaker showed at the weekend that he has goals in his game.

Sylar
04-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Sadly, what I'd like to see, and what I will see are two very different lineups.

Miller is guaranteed a start, as is Alexander, as is Fletcher, with McFadden guaranteed to be on the bench. However, to indulge the "fantasy XI" based on the squad:

Gordon

Hutton
Weir
McManus
Whittaker

Hartley

Brown
Fletcher
Maloney

McFadden
O'Conner

Edit: I hadn't paid any attention to your original team before posting that, and it's no great surprise to see that the fans can recognise a good team. It'll probably look more like this:

Gordon

Hutton
Weir
McManus
Davidson

Alexander

Brown
Fletcher
Hartley
Commons

Miller

GlesgaeHibby
04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Sadly, what I'd like to see, and what I will see are two very different lineups.

Miller is guaranteed a start, as is Alexander, as is Fletcher, with McFadden guaranteed to be on the bench. However, to indulge the "fantasy XI" based on the squad:

Gordon

Hutton
Weir
McManus
Whittaker

Hartley

Brown
Fletcher
Maloney

McFadden
O'Conner

Edit: I hadn't paid any attention to your original team before posting that, and it's no great surprise to see that the fans can recognise a good team. It'll probably look more like this:

Gordon

Hutton
Weir
McManus
Davidson

Alexander

Brown
Fletcher
Hartley
Commons

Miller

If he picks that team with the players available, that surely has to be the final nail in the coffin.

mim
04-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't think even Burley will go with 1 up in this game.
Macedonia are basically p!sh and he will surely play a 4-4-2.
Who the players are is academic. We will be good enough to beat this mob comfortably.

Phil MaGlass
04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Macedonia ARE basically pi5h but this was the same team who stuffed it up us at the beginning of the tournament,how bad are we? Hopefully were going to win,we bleedin should at home?

Sylar
04-09-2009, 10:50 AM
If he picks that team with the players available, that surely has to be the final nail in the coffin.

It was the same for the squad vs Norway - some of the dross in the squad shouldn't have been in contention for a place on the bench, but somehow started.

I'd like to HOPE he won't go with 1 up front, but I feel that Burley is a coward, and would rather blame the team's performance and bad luck than his own tactics.

crewetollhibee
04-09-2009, 10:53 AM
ANBODY but Kenny Miller on his own if we play one up. The man is a human pin-ball machine for chrissakes !!

JimBHibees
04-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't think even Burley will go with 1 up in this game.
Macedonia are basically p!sh and he will surely play a 4-4-2.
Who the players are is academic. We will be good enough to beat this mob comfortably.

I would agree with the need to play 442 in a game we have to win however were Macedonia not 2 nil up recently in a match v Spain.

KeithTheHibby
04-09-2009, 11:21 AM
To be honest I am trying to drum up any motivation to watch Scotland tomorrow...there is no danger that we are picking up six points in the next two games.

007 Mickey Weir
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
To be honest I am trying to drum up any motivation to watch Scotland tomorrow...there is no danger that we are picking up six points in the next two games.

Totally agree. I'll still watch it and have a few beers. but by half time (or earlier) I'll be pissed off with how pish we are.

Would love to see O'connor/McFadden/S.Fletcher up front! With Brown/D.Fletcher/Commons playing behind them.

Its a must win and we have to go for it. 3-1 scotland with -

Gordon

Hutton
Weir
Barr
Whittaker

Brown
D.Fletcher
Commons

S.Fletcher
O'Connor
McFadden

But Burley will put out the pish and draw 1-1!!

BigKev
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I can see jakey George try to pull a fast one tommorow and with Berra and the two Caldwell's being out and McManus half fit it wouldn't surprise me to see us line up with Hutton at CH.

Maybe something like :

Gordon

Whittaker Hutton Weir Davidson

Alexander

McFadden Brown Fletcher Commons

MurderMiler

hibsbollah
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM

Gordon
O'Connor

Good team:agree::agree:

Westie1875
04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I can see jakey George try to pull a fast one tommorow and with Berra and the two Caldwell's being out and McManus half fit it wouldn't surprise me to see us line up with Hutton at CH.

Maybe something like :

Gordon

Whittaker Hutton Weir Davidson

Alexander

McFadden Brown Fletcher Commons

MurderMiler

Why has he not called up another player as cover?

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that a player could get injured in the warm up leaving us with no centre halves on the bench at all -surely Murray or someone else capable of playing CH should have been given a call?

Onceinawhile
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Just had a look at the squad on the BBC, there are only 4 midfielders in the squad, Fletcher, Brown, Hartley and Commons. That surely can't be correct:confused:

Unless he plans on playing

Commons Hartley Fletcher Brown

Unless McFadden is playing in midfield.

If Faddy doesn't start then Burley can GTF

California-Hibs
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM

Gordon
O'Connor

Whittaker, O'Connor and Maloney are all in great form for their clubs right now and deserve a start. As much as I can't stand Hartley, he always gives his all for his country and is a far better option than Graham Alexander. McFadden can produce something special as we've seen, and Whittaker showed at the weekend that he has goals in his game.

Thats actually a really really good team! :agree:

Tha Cabbage Kid
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
think i would like to see

____________McFadden____G.O'Connor___________

______S.Fletcher____S.Brown_____A.Hutton

_________________D.Fletcher__________________

S.McManus___G.Caldwell___D.Weir___S.Whittaker

__________________C.Gordon

might sound a bit mixed up but i think it might work.

a hard working midfield with dazza picking the passes!

McFaddens skill and O'Connors scoring ability! would love to have Boyd in instead of O'Connor but "Heay, wha ya gara do eh?"

Barney McGrew
04-09-2009, 05:19 PM
STV reckon the team is:

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus Davidson

Brown Alexander D Fletcher

McFadden Miller S Fletcher

18Craig75
04-09-2009, 05:41 PM
STV reckon the team is:

Gordon

By the look of it that means...

Gordon

Hutton Weir Mcmanus Davidson

Mcfadden Brown Alexander Fletcher Fletcher

Miller

Why is Alexander getting a game? :bitchy:

ancienthibby
04-09-2009, 05:45 PM
STV reckon the team is:

Gordon

According to El Chico on Beeb Radio that is indeed the team with Alexander in front of the back 4, Brown and DFletch in midfield and a front 3!!

woodyhfc4892
04-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Why is Alexander getting a game? :bitchy:

Because he is captain of a EPL club. IMO he shouldn't play but I think this is the reason why he continually gets a game even with his poor performances.

Hainan Hibs
04-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Utter shambles. Miller was as useful as pissing into wind against Norway as he usually is for Scotland, while Alexander continues to put in crap after crap after crap performances of impersonating a footballer for Scotland.

:grr::grr::grr:

Saorsa
05-09-2009, 09:14 AM

Gordon
O'Connor

Whittaker, O'Connor and Maloney are all in great form for their clubs right now and deserve a start. As much as I can't stand Hartley, he always gives his all for his country and is a far better option than Graham Alexander. McFadden can produce something special as we've seen, and Whittaker showed at the weekend that he has goals in his game.Good team :agree: shame it'll no be that though :bitchy:

Burley GTF :grr:

Leitherhibs
05-09-2009, 09:16 AM
George Burley hasnt got a clue.

nonshinyfinish
05-09-2009, 09:23 AM
I'll still watch it and have a few beers. but by half time (or earlier) I'll be pissed off with how pish we are.

So what you need to do is have more than a few beers, altering your prediction to this:

I'll still watch it and have a few beers. but by half time (or earlier) I'll be pissed.

:wink:

hibsdaft
05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
someones got to keep a close eye on Pandev.

weststandhibby
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
George Burley hasnt got a clue.

got it right today though?

agree he isnt the man for the job but lets get behind the team on wed. Any Scotland manager has to make do with the dross we have on offer.

We dont have any world class players therefore its down to the team to play as a 'team'!!!