PDA

View Full Version : Question Edinburgh Uni Hibs Supporters

WestEndHibee
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm about to start uni in 10 days and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about a Hibs supporters society? and if so any details would be greatly appreciated. I know there's one for each of the ugly sisters so i assume hibs would have one. cheers

khib70
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm about to start uni in 10 days and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about a Hibs supporters society? and if so any details would be greatly appreciated. I know there's one for each of the ugly sisters so i assume hibs would have one. cheers
I believe there is one, started last year. (I'm a staff member)

A poster called Jenna Fletcher (I think) started the ball rolling at the Uni. Drop her a PM. Nice to have more Hibbies in the student body:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Here is the link to Jenna's profile page so you can send her a PM.

http://www.hibs.net/message/member.php?u=13453

danhibees1875
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
One was started, :agree:

I was just about to go searching for the thread on it to see how i went about joining.

What you studying next year?

stevensons-fan
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi guys i am a mate of Jennas. Ill pass this on that a couple of folk are wanting to join and ill get her to post details of how to do so for you lot. :thumbsup:

MSK
03-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi guys i am a mate of Jennas. Ill pass this on that a couple of folk are wanting to join and ill get her to post details of how to do so for you lot. :thumbsup:Cant she post ..?...she read this thread earlier ..

Sunny1875
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Cant she post ..?...she read this thread earlier ..

She's a Student so obviously too busy in the pub .....

Luna_Asylum
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM

leave her alone... freak

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2009, 10:06 PM
leave her alone... freak

:confused:

Whats your problem?

stevensons-fan
03-09-2009, 10:07 PM

I wasn't aware she read this post earlier. My bad, was just trying to help them out.

ArabHibee
03-09-2009, 10:07 PM
leave her alone... freak
:wtf:

Hibercelona
03-09-2009, 10:11 PM
leave her alone... freak

Have a word.

Luna_Asylum
03-09-2009, 10:23 PM

Whats your problem?

big brother factor

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2009, 10:26 PM
big brother factor

Well if you don't like the fact that admins can monitor the boards(for good reasons) then you know where the door is.

Boozy14
03-09-2009, 10:39 PM
leave her alone... freak

Get a grip mate:hnet:

MSK
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
leave her alone... freakThere may have been a problem at her end hence her not replying ...so whats the freak all about ..?..

Boozy14
03-09-2009, 11:16 PM

Will you have enough money to go to the leith san siro being a student,not cheap these days:bitchy:

zlatan
03-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Whats your problem?

And what are you going to do about it?

Hibercelona
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM

And what are you going to do about it if he does do something about it? :devil:

Boozy14
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM

You cant be serious???:dummytit:

Supraninja
04-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Everyone is gonna get a red. Yeah any details would be good, I'm about to start too, anyone else doing informatics..?

Lucius Apuleius
04-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Everyone is gonna get a red. Yeah any details would be good, I'm about to start too, anyone else doing informatics..?

Doing WHAT??????

Judas Iscariot
04-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Pagger! Pagger!

Luna_Asylum
04-09-2009, 06:45 AM
There may have been a problem at her end hence her not replying ...so whats the freak all about ..?..

sorry...

RIP
04-09-2009, 07:57 AM
sorry...

Dinnae be daft mate you were only havin' a Jiraffe

Some folk take themselves waaaay too seriously :wink::offski:

MB62
04-09-2009, 07:59 AM
There may have been a problem at her end hence her not replying ...so whats the freak all about ..?..

He (she) has a point though mate, remember, i've seen you playing bowls :wink: :duck: :greengrin

sadtom
04-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Just bein nosey but how well did it go last year? Get everything up and running? Lots of members?

HibeeEmma
04-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Will there be a stall at Freshers week? :duck:

stevensons-fan
04-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Will there be a stall at Freshers week? :duck:

From what i know, i think there is a plan to get a stall up and running in Freshers week yes. In response to the previous post about how it went last year, the society just got approved at the end of first year so this will be its first year running. :agree:

Luna_Asylum
04-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Dinnae be daft mate you were only havin' a Jiraffe

Some folk take themselves waaaay too seriously :wink::offski:

Indeed. Students are a much maligned breed considered by many as a bunch of good for nothing wasters. While this is of course perfectly true for most of them I think it is necessary to protect the hard working minority.

Calvin
04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Any known Aberdeen Hibs supporters groups?

WestEndHibee
04-09-2009, 12:00 PM
One was started, :agree:

I was just about to go searching for the thread on it to see how i went about joining.

What you studying next year?

i'm studying economics when i get down there. You?

danhibees1875
04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
From what i know, i think there is a plan to get a stall up and running in Freshers week yes. In response to the previous post about how it went last year, the society just got approved at the end of first year so this will be its first year running. :agree:

How does the whole stalls thing work, is there 1 designated 'societies day' where a lecture hall is set aside to host all the societies which wish to 'recruit' :dunno:

stevensons-fan

I studied economics in first year as part of my course. Its a good subject, full of a lot of maths which I loved seeing as I'm studying maths and business. Im sure economics was a 9am start though, have fun with that! :wink:

danhibees1875

Business studies and Accountancy

Have to take Economics as my 3rd subject though. :thumbsup:

stevensons-fan
04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
How does the whole stalls thing work, is there 1 designated 'societies day' where a lecture hall is set aside to host all the societies which wish to 'recruit' :dunno:

Yep last year it was held in the pleasance gym, there is a specific date for it in freshers week, its known as the societies fair so look out for it. :thumbsup:

danhibees1875
I studied economics in first year as part of my course. Its a good subject, full of a lot of maths which I loved seeing as I'm studying maths and business. Im sure economics was a 9am start though, have fun with that! :wink:

Did i read correctly that its only 3 hours a week though :confused:

If ive understood what i read on the internet properly, ive got 3 hours a week per subject, so only 9 hours a week - but that seems a bit low. No complaints if im right though. :greengrin

WestEndHibee
Will you have enough money to go to the leith san siro being a student,not cheap these days:bitchy:

I managed to get a season ticket with the cup top up for a grand total of £92.50. :greengrin it's cheap for some of us!

danhibees1875
04-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Yep last year it was held in the pleasance gym, there is a specific date for it in freshers week, its known as the societies fair so look out for it. :thumbsup:

awesome, im about 10 seconds from the gym. :thumbsup:

stevensons-fan
04-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Did i read correctly that its only 3 hours a week though :confused:

If ive understood what i read on the internet properly, ive got 3 hours a week per subject, so only 9 hours a week - but that seems a bit low. No complaints if im right though. :greengrin

Im sure thats correct yes, there are 2 lectures a week for economics. You will have to pick some outside subjects though i presume to make up your points for the year. Most people studying just Economics by itself chose to study Business Studies and Accounting along with it. Any other qu's, feel free to PM me. :agree:

WestEndHibee
04-09-2009, 12:11 PM

I'm going to be studying maths aswell this year i think. They were my two best subjects last year. 9AM!! and here's me thinking my early days were over for a while.

danhibees1875
04-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Im sure thats correct yes, there are 2 lectures a week for economics. You will have to pick some outside subjects though i presume to make up your points for the year. Most people studying just Economics by itself chose to study Business Studies and Accounting along with it. Any other qu's, feel free to PM me. :agree:

Yeh, Economics is my 3rd subject, after taking Business and Accountancy :agree:

stevensons-fan
04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm going to be studying maths aswell this year i think. They were my two best subjects last year. 9AM!! and here's me thinking my early days were over for a while.

Is it just Maths your studying? I realy enjoyed first year maths, i am studying maths and business so it wasn't just maths! You will really enjoy maths and on the plus side, maths last year didnt start till around 12ish for some subjects :wink:

HibeeEmma
04-09-2009, 12:20 PM

Will it be giving away freebies?

I'm doing Msc Africa & International Development and iv only got 6 hours a week but a life time of pre-course reading!

stevensons-fan
04-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeh, Economics is my 3rd subject, after taking Business and Accountancy :agree:

Only downside with Business is that its a 5pm lecture slot, which is a real bummer when Economics is 9am! You'll have a really good first year though :thumbsup:

stevensons-fan
04-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Will it be giving away freebies?

I'm doing Msc Africa & International Development and iv only got 6 hours a week but a life time of pre-course reading!

Tbh im really not too sure what the stall will include, will need to speak with Jenna to find out the details :agree:

HibeeEmma
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Tbh im really not too sure what the stall will include, will need to speak with Jenna to find out the details :agree:

Would be good to promote the club as there are heaps of International Students who i'm sure love football and would like to go and watch a good team in Edinburgh :cool2:

Maybe thats your target market already!

danhibees1875
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Only downside with Business is that its a 5pm lecture slot, which is a real bummer when Economics is 9am! You'll have a really good first year though :thumbsup:

And accountancy is somewhere inbetween there -11 i think - on the same days. Means i get Wednesday and Fridays completely off though. :thumbsup:

JennaFletcher
04-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi guys, just read through these posts! No idea what the whole argument/debate that was going on was about - can confirm I was checking the thread at around 4pm yesterday but I was at work and it somehow managed not to send!

Anyways, can also confirm there will be a EU Hibernian Supporters society commencing this September! :greengrin

Got a stall at Fresher's fair for two days in Fresher's week so all interested please come along and bring your friends to get signed up!

Details will follow early next week, I was aiming to start a new thread re: details early next week, so keep your eyes peeled for info on Monday! :thumbsup:

Jenna

JennaFletcher
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM

HappyHibbie, as you can see I can post, unfortunately the post that I tried to send twice yesterday didn't work. Technical error!

Anyways, Stevensons-Fan is actually the EU Hibernian FC Supporters Club Society's Treasurer! So any info she was passing on she was just trying to help and she is a office bearing society member so all the info she has is correct.

JennaFletcher
04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Would be good to promote the club as there are heaps of International Students who i'm sure love football and would like to go and watch a good team in Edinburgh :cool2:

Maybe thats your target market already!

Definitely aiming to recruit a solid fan base with established Hibs fans from Scotland, but also really keen on introducing International Students to some flair football! :wink: So will be good to be at the fair and wheeling them in!

WestEndHibee
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi guys, just read through these posts! No idea what the whole argument/debate that was going on was about - can confirm I was checking the thread at around 4pm yesterday but I was at work and it somehow managed not to send!

Anyways, can also confirm there will be a EU Hibernian Supporters society commencing this September! :greengrin

Got a stall at Fresher's fair for two days in Fresher's week so all interested please come along and bring your friends to get signed up!

Details will follow early next week, I was aiming to start a new thread re: details early next week, so keep your eyes peeled for info on Monday! :thumbsup:

Jenna

Cheers I'll definately come along then and get signed up. lokking forward to it

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Indeed. Students are a much maligned breed considered by many as a bunch of good for nothing wasters. While this is of course perfectly true for most of them I think it is necessary to protect the hard working minority.

Is there such a thing? :dunno:

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Oh my - what a bummer, having to get up at 9am for a lecture. :bitchy:

WestEndHibee
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM

I'm sure i'll soldier on...:wink:

danhibees1875
04-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Jenna

Cool - The Hibs society wasn't featured in the freshers packs sent out, just a heads up. :agree: It was on the internet site though. :thumbsup:

danhibees1875
04-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Not just once, but 3 times a week! :boo hoo:

MSK
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
HappyHibbie, as you can see I can post, unfortunately the post that I tried to send twice yesterday didn't work. Technical error!

Anyways, Stevensons-Fan is actually the EU Hibernian FC Supporters Club Society's Treasurer! So any info she was passing on she was just trying to help and she is a office bearing society member so all the info she has is correct.Hi Jenna, i kinda thought there may be a problem at your end hence you not posting on the thread..glad yer fixed & good luck ..

MSK
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM

He (she) has a point though mate, remember, i've seen you playing bowls :wink: :duck: :greengrinAye..but please just remind her of the score the last time my rink played yours ...or do you want my :hnet: team mates to do that for you as i can feel yer pain from here ...:thumbsup:

RIP
04-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Guys - can I ask what support Fyfe Hyland and his marketing department are giving to your Society and Fresher's week activity

Presumably the club will be falling over themselves to help in this market?

JennaFletcher
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Cool - The Hibs society wasn't featured in the freshers packs sent out, just a heads up. :agree: It was on the internet site though. :thumbsup:

Really? This is news to me! I'll have to chase this up.

Are the other football supporters societys mentioned?

JennaFletcher
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Guys - can I ask what support Fyfe Hyland and his marketing department are giving to your Society and Fresher's week activity

Presumably the club will be falling over themselves to help in this market?

Excuse my ignorance here but who are Fyfe and Hyland are? Are they the Hibs marketing directors?

I've yet to contact the club directly, but my summer job finishes ... in oh about 2 minutes, so come this weekend and next week I'll be finalising details and making calls to those in high places! Really excited to get the ball rolling here (no pun intended).

:greengrin

Barney McGrew
04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Excuse my ignorance here but who are Fyfe and Hyland are? Are they the Hibs marketing directors?

I've yet to contact the club directly, but my summer job finishes ... in oh about 2 minutes, so come this weekend and next week I'll be finalising details and making calls to those in high places! Really excited to get the ball rolling here (no pun intended).

:greengrin

Fyfe Hyland is one person and is the Marketing Director.

Might be worth dropping him an e-mail at the club?

PiemanP
04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Bloody students :grr: get a job....

:duck:

Spike Mandela
04-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Anyone know of a similar supporters club at Queen Margarets Uni?

WestEndHibee
04-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Anyone know of a similar supporters club at Queen Margarets Uni?

seeing as edinburgh uni has only just got one i would assume there isn't yet. you may be lucky though!

Spike Mandela
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
seeing as edinburgh uni has only just got one i would assume there isn't yet. you may be lucky though!

Emmmm, if you checked my age you'll gather its my Nephew that's going and not me. I wish:wink:

lyonhibs
04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Doing WHAT??????

:faf: :faf:

Class

shamo9
04-09-2009, 07:07 PM

Jenna

Luna is of the jealous variety. He was worried that Happy Hibbie was giving you a little too much 'attention', the fact that the guy is also supposed to be a trusted admin and, well, it all became too much for poor Luna's over active imagination.

You should be flattered... just remember to handle him gently:faf:

MSK
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Luna is of the jealous variety. He was worried that Happy Hibbie was giving you a little too much 'attention', the fact that the guy is also supposed to be a trusted admin and, well, it all became too much for poor Luna's over active imagination.

You should be flattered... just remember to handle him gently:faf::confused:

danhibees1875
04-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Really? This is news to me! I'll have to chase this up.

Are the other football supporters societys mentioned?

Yeh, Aberdeen is there and celtic. :agree:

RIP
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM

Call Anna Devine, Commercial Manager on 0131 656 7072. If unavailable ask forl Marketing Director Fyfe on 0131 661 2159. You should be able to speak to either on the day of your call.

Ask them to meet you at the Freshers venue for Societies so they can see what space you have and let them work out how they can be supportive with merchandising

Check with the university if a photographer is allowed and if so contact Elaine Morrison on 0131 656 7076 to arrange press coverage, Only however if you are still to contact Anna or Fyfe as they will likely organise that as part of the support the club will offer

Make sure you do this asap as the club will need time to organise

Go for it!

Lucius Apuleius
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
:faf: :faf:

Class

Aye, and has hasn't answered the question either:grr: How are us ldies gonna get educated in these new fangled subjects if people won't tell us what the hell they are:confused: ( and no, I am not gonna Google it OK!!!!!!)

Supraninja
05-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh sorry, Informatics is the study of how natural and artificial systems store, process and communicate information. It's the midpoint between biology/neuroscience etc. and cognitive/computer science and AI. It all sounds very interesting to me :agree:

JennaFletcher
05-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Call Anna Devine, Commercial Manager on 0131 656 7072. If unavailable ask forl Marketing Director Fyfe on 0131 661 2159. You should be able to speak to either on the day of your call.

Ask them to meet you at the Freshers venue for Societies so they can see what space you have and let them work out how they can be supportive with merchandising

Check with the university if a photographer is allowed and if so contact Elaine Morrison on 0131 656 7076 to arrange press coverage, Only however if you are still to contact Anna or Fyfe as they will likely organise that as part of the support the club will offer

Make sure you do this asap as the club will need time to organise

Go for it!

Thanks for that info - much appreciated! Going to be in contact with them first thing on Monday morning.

I'd definitely like it if they could put some sort of info up on the website for me, I'll have to try to arrange that too.

If anyone else has any tips/ideas then don't hesitate to post, the more the better!
:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Oh sorry, Informatics is the study of how natural and artificial systems store, process and communicate information. It's the midpoint between biology/neuroscience etc. and cognitive/computer science and AI. It all sounds very interesting to me :agree:

:top marks Now I can sleep at night again. Presume then you want to work in the field of programming weedgies (if you can find any neurological activity) with some AI?

HibeeEmma
14-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I guess it's Wednesday it is all on?