PDA

View Full Version : NHC Chelsea Banned From Transfer Market (Merged)

blaikie
03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
On SSN :faf::greengrin For tapping up some french guy

machibby
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
On the occasion of its last meeting held on 27 August 2009, the Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) was called to pass a decision in a contractual dispute opposing the French club Lens to the French player Gael Kakuta and the English club Chelsea.
The French club had lodged a claim with FIFA seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.
The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such a breach.
As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of €780,000, for which the club, Chelsea, are jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.
A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches has been imposed on Kakuta. Chelsea are banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision.
Furthermore, the club, Chelsea, have to pay Lens training compensation in the amount of €130,000.

from fifa, appeal anyone :confused:

Barney McGrew
03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Mental.

Banned for the next TWO transfer windows......that would mean they can't sign anyone until January 2011!!!!

iwasthere1972
03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
On SSN :faf::greengrin For tapping up some french guy

Was it Nade?

manewhut
03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
On SSN For tapping up some french guy

Was it Nade?

Though he was From Hungry.....

Emerald
03-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Was it Nade?
That would be for fattening up! :greengrin

--------
03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Was it Nade?

No, it's absolutely true. :devil:

Looks like this happened before Ancelotti arrived. He'll be pleased.

Chelsea'll appeal and probably get away with it. Roman'll bribe FIFA.

Simples!

Haymaker
03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
:faf::faf::faf: Oh this is going to make thursday-night-down-the-pub-with-my-chelsea mates all the better! :faf:

iwasthere1972
03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
:faf::faf::faf: Oh this is going to make thursday-night-down-the-pub-with-my-chelsea mates all the better! :faf:

Maybe start the conversation by asking them if they want the beer on tap. :wink: Then stand well back and do an Aiden McGeady under the nearest table.

Haymaker
03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Maybe start the conversation by asking him if he wants the beer on tap. :wink: Then stand well back and do an Aiden McGeady under the nearest table.

They are already raging! :greengrin Might have been the text message i sent round :hmmm:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I believe FIFA imposed a similar sanction on Hearts signing a proper striker 5 transfer windows ago.

This is still ongoing.

Leithenhibby
03-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Next please, looks like someone had to be the scapegoat.. :faf:

Chelsea can appeal, but I don't see Fifa letting this one go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8236187.stm

hibsbollah
03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8236187.stm

They won't be happy:whistle:

MrSmith
03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
surely: silly snakeye > keek smacksun > daily wrecker > rankers/smeltic = tapping?

what think ye?

Oranje39
03-09-2009, 01:49 PM
They will appeal and it will end up getting changed to one transfer window or a bigger fine!!! :grr:

hibsdaft
03-09-2009, 01:51 PM
quality that FIFA are sticking it to them but i fear this is the sort of bold action that will just lead to the elite Euro clubs doing a breakaway and totally screwing up football.

McHibby
03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I believe FIFA imposed a similar sanction on Hearts signing a proper striker 5 transfer windows ago.

This is still ongoing.

:faf:

aberhibsfc
03-09-2009, 02:01 PM
BBC Newsflash: Istanbul - Mass public panic, country put on Full Alert!

Source: Nade said he was having Turkey for Christmas.

Randerson_4
03-09-2009, 02:14 PM

This is still ongoing.

:thumbsup: like it

Think Chelsea are being made scapegoats, but its good to see Fifa acting strongly

ScottB
03-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Doesn't say they can't loan players, so I'd imagine we will see Chelsea paying big money to loan players in before buying them outright at the end of their ban.

Or they do a Hearts style system, with Abramovich buying some other club, buying players for them before loaning them on to Chelsea.

Certainly this won't stop Chelsea adding to their squad.

littleplum
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
They can't register new players- that would cover loans too I'd imagine :agree:

ScottB
03-09-2009, 02:55 PM
They can't register new players- that would cover loans too I'd imagine :agree:

Are loan players actually registed to the club they go to though?

I bet Chelsea are thrilled they got Terry, Lampard and Drogba tied up before this, would have given the players quite considerable negotiating strength...

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Celtic and Rangers should be very worried about this.

hibsbollah
03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I believe Hibs are next in FIFAs sights, remember how we tapped up Donaldson from York City?:worried:

The_Todd
03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I believe Hibs are next in FIFAs sights, remember how we tapped up Donaldson from York City?:worried:

Ah but we didn't. That was their manager going radge because technically we're a foreign league, so we had different rules applied to us compared to a "domestic" English club if they tried to sign him.

Or something.

SteveHFC
03-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Chelsea banned from the transfer market.:faf:

hibsbollah
03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Ah but we didn't. That was their manager going radge because technically we're a foreign league, so we had different rules applied to us compared to a "domestic" English club if they tried to sign him.

Or something.

I'm sure that will also be Chelsea's defence:wink:

The_Todd
03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Do Chelski have a youth development programme, or has that been binned in favour of "if it moves, buy it"? I'm not sure, I don't follow English football at all, but does anyone here know how seriously they take the youth setup?

If they don't, they'd better get started. Pronto. :greengrin

hibsboy90
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Are loan players actually registed to the club they go to though?

I bet Chelsea are thrilled they got Terry, Lampard and Drogba tied up before this, would have given the players quite considerable negotiating strength...
Sky Sports News mentioned that the ban covers all loan deals also. Would certainly be a good test of their youth academy system.

Also had Ashley Cole sign a new deal. Were Chelsea expecting this??

So far, nobody interviewed on SSN, pundits etc, have commented on the fact that if guilty, they have broken the contracts of numerous players. Everyone is complaining that it happens to every club worldwide, I think that other 'payment' keep parties from viocing concern. In this instance, Lens were possibly not content to say nothing.

Hibtastic
03-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I dislike Chelsea more than any other English football club so quite happy they have been banned from signing anyone.

What really annoys me is the Chelsea supporters moaning about Man City spoiling the game with all their money - pot, kettle and black spring to mind!

HibeeUnderwood
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Its a ridiculous punishment to give anyone! :grr:

hope the appeal goes well!

McHibby
03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
I do think the punishment is a bit harsh, but the defence of "it happens all the time" is ridiculous. So if someone is up in front of a judge for shop lifting, would he be able to enter the defence, "but it happens all over the world m'lud"!!! Just because it's always gone on doesn't mean that fifa shouldn't bother their ar*e about it.

I live in England and the media are going nuts- it's all (with Eduardo too) a conspiracy against English clubs apparently

Gus
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Sky Sports News mentioned that the ban covers all loan deals also. Would certainly be a good test of their youth academy system.

Also had Ashley Cole sign a new deal. Were Chelsea expecting this??

So far, nobody interviewed on SSN, pundits etc, have commented on the fact that if guilty, they have broken the contracts of numerous players. Everyone is complaining that it happens to every club worldwide, I think that other 'payment' keep parties from viocing concern. In this instance, Lens were possibly not content to say nothing.

I don't think the ruling can have any bearing on extending current players contracts. Chelsea have tried to establish a youth set up for some time, but John Terry is the only player in the last 8 years to make an impact. They have that england under 21 player Mancienne - he looks a good player, but similar to rangers they look at players at other clubs set ups & "tap them up"

The punishment is a bit harsh IMO, but remember Chelsea's appauling behaviour in the John Obi Mikel signing.....:bye:

The_Horde
03-09-2009, 09:56 PM

This is still ongoing.

I heard they could only sign strikers who had been through the Official Fifa 'Coos erse with a banjo' test in which you had to miss a certain number of times before you were considered by Mr Romanov (and his judges) for a contract (unknown to them) however Nade blew the judges away by simply scranning the cow.

Woody1985
03-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I heard they could only sign strikers who had been through the Official Fifa 'Coos erse with a banjo' test in which you had to miss a certain number of times before you were considered by Mr Romanov (and his judges) for a contract (unknown to them) however Nade blew the judges away by simply scranning the cow.

:faf:

:feed: Not used it for a few days.

Haymaker
03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Do Chelski have a youth development programme, or has that been binned in favour of "if it moves, buy it"? I'm not sure, I don't follow English football at all, but does anyone here know how seriously they take the youth setup?

If they don't, they'd better get started. Pronto. :greengrin

Chelseas youth development program is a joke. Their scout network seems non-existent in my area (south london) and they havent brought through any decent talent since Terry. They tend to leave players too long and their careers go nowhere. However, this summer I believe Abramovich told Kenyon they had to revamp their youth system pronto, it made a small bit in the paper, alot more domestic talent and alot more money sidelined to it. But all that takes time when any sensible kid would go to Arsenal.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Getting into trouble for making an illegal approach to a teenager? Well if you appoint Graham Rix as your chief scout then you get all you deserve.

dalkeith stu
04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds like the way the yams took Wagner from us the last year.
Talk the lad into cancelling his contract then snap him up straight after.
Come on Petrie get these cheats grassed up to FIFA!!! :grr::grr::grr:

The_Todd
04-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Sounds like the way the yams took Wagner from us the last year.
Talk the lad into cancelling his contract then snap him up straight after.
Come on Petrie get these cheats grassed up to FIFA!!! :grr::grr::grr:

There would be no point, they do a good job of punishing themselves in the transfer market.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Has anyone seen the footage of this Gael Kakuta they showed on SSN. he looks like the new Maradonna in it.

The_Horde
04-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Has anyone seen the footage of this Gael Kakuta they showed on SSN. he looks like the new Maradonna in it.

So did Zarabi. :wink:

hibsbollah
04-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Its a ridiculous punishment to give anyone! :grr:

hope the appeal goes well!

I dont think its harsh at all. He was under contract, Chelsea made him break it. I agree with David Conn in this article, who also shows there is precedent-a Kuwaiti team had exactly the same punishment.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/sep/04/chelsea-fifa-contracts-transfer-ban

khib70
04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
And it could be Manure next
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6820875.ece

:thumbsup::faf::drool:

hibsbollah
04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
And it could be Manure next
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6820875.ece

:thumbsup::faf::drool:

The guy from Le Havre makes the case perfectly in that article:agree:

“We spend €5million [about £4.3million] on our academy every year out of a turnover of €12million. It is a huge investment. We do that to give a chance to our players to develop for our first team, not to be an academy for others. What is the point of investing in an academy if the players leave at 16? This is clearly a message from Fifa to protect the education system.”