PDA

View Full Version : Yantorno Released Again

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Chester City have cancelled midfield summer signing Fabian Yantorno's contract by mutual consent, after he failed to play because of injury.

Unfortunately looks like he'll never recover sufficiently!

GlesgaeHibby
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Chester City have cancelled midfield summer signing Fabian Yantorno's contract by mutual consent, after he failed to play because of injury.

Sad news indeed. He showed a lot of potential at Gretna, and it doesn't look like he'll ever recover properly from this injury. What a shame that it's happened to such an honest, hardworking professional who is trying to make it far from his native homeland. All the best Yantorno.

maturehibby
03-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Shame about that could have been been the answer to our prayers had he got back his full fitness - though it was a good thing done by Hibs twice by allowing him the facilities to get fit and play again and also to not publicise the fact that he was freed because he wasnt fully recovered and was unlikely to be fit enough to make football his career.
Wish him well in what ever avenue he goes down though with his footballing brain he might be good in the coaching side of teh game.

steviehfc
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Sad news indeed. He showed a lot of potential at Gretna, and it doesn't look like he'll ever recover properly from this injury. What a shame that it's happened to such an honest, hardworking professional who is trying to make it far from his native homeland. All the best Yantorno.:top marks Proof also though that Hibs were right to cut him loose, as i don't think he will ever be 100% right again after all his injury problems unfortunately.

The_Todd
03-09-2009, 12:55 PM
A real shame. I had high hopes when he joined us, and when he did make it on there were signs that if kept injury free he'd be a great player.

Sadly not to be.

machibby
03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I do know of a club that have a good track record signing injured players on good terms, maybe we could unite the two:wink:

hibsdaft
03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
terrible for the anyone but even worse for a young guy so far from home. bad bad luck.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-09-2009, 02:44 PM
The upside for him I suppose is that he is young enough to turn his hand to something else. As for his time at Hibs, well we are not a charity, and in a week where we have released fit players who are not good enough, we have nothing to reproach ourselves about for releasing good players that are not fit enough.

magnificent_seven
03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Poor guy. 27th birthday tomorrow too - great news for him!

Randerson_4
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Sad news indeed. He showed a lot of potential at Gretna, and it doesn't look like he'll ever recover properly from this injury. What a shame that it's happened to such an honest, hardworking professional who is trying to make it far from his native homeland. All the best Yantorno.

Thinking the same aswell. Always knew it was a risk signing him, but couldnt help but hope we could get him fit. shame

HibeeUnderwood
03-09-2009, 04:24 PM
One of the unluckiest players of the game!

Hope he can recover and still have a good career in football.

Higgy115
03-09-2009, 04:27 PM

Was it Caldwell that done him to cause injury in the first place?

calmacuk
03-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Was it Caldwell that done him to cause injury in the first place?

No, it was Fernandez that Caldwell injured. Yantorno was injured against Falkirk:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gretna/7204251.stm

I Love Lamp
04-09-2009, 10:10 AM
A real shame.

RickyS
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
real sickener for the lad, I wonder if he might just re-appear again in a years time, like Wilkie/marvin andrews or if he is completely done.
Wonder if a wee benefit match would be an idea?

all the best Fabian

sleeping giant
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM

:top marks What he said