PDA

View Full Version : How come Hibs can justify

Antifa Hibs
03-09-2009, 10:02 AM
an extra fiver on the concession price for the CIS game v St Johnstone but on an adult?

Brechin
Adult £15
Concession £5

St Johnstone
Adult £15
Concession £10

Not that it affacts me in anyway but what a bunch of robbing barstewards.

bobbyhibs1983
03-09-2009, 10:07 AM
one of the things that really annoys me, the price of a ticket nowadays.And they wonder why people wont buy season tickets and or tickets?
for the past 6months -a year or so there has been lots of people losing there jobs and people who just cant afford games nowadays.for example if somone could manage 15 games last year but due to there income or whatever now could say i can only afford x amount of games.

I think it comes down to paying for food,morgage or things like that or a hibs game you know?

GlesgaeHibby
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
an extra fiver on the concession price for the CIS game v St Johnstone but on an adult?

Brechin
Adult £15
Concession £5

St Johnstone
Adult £15
Concession £10

Doesn't make sense at all, although it's not in the same league as the £27 we were charging to see the game Vs Celtic on sunday. The SPL is never worth that money.

Phil MaGlass
03-09-2009, 10:13 AM
how else we gonnae recuperate the money for Stokes:greengrin

Keith_M
03-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Funny I was thinking the same thing. I could understand it better if they'd decided to make both games £15 and £8 respectively but this seems a bit strange.

Another point about ticket prices at ER is that there seems to be NO variation in prices according to location and quality of seating. Are Hibs the only club that have this blanket price policy? Surely the view on the halfway line in the West Stand is worth more than that of the FF lower or behind a pillar in the East?

Maybe a graduated scale of prices could at least give people the chance of a bit cheaper ticket. This could, for a lot of people, be the difference between being able to attend the match or not.

Antifa Hibs
03-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Funny I was thinking the same thing. I could understand it better if they'd decided to make both games £15 and £8 respectively but this seems a bit strange.

Another point about ticket prices at ER is that there seems to be NO variation in prices according to location and quality of seating. Are Hibs the only club that have this blanket price policy? Surely the view on the halfway line in the West Stand is worth more than that of the FF lower or behind a pillar in the East?

Maybe a graduated scale of prices could at least give people the chance of a bit cheaper ticket. This could, for a lot of people, be the difference between being able to attend the match or not.

Two Celtic fans we were talking to after the game couldn't believe it was £27 to sit in the East and £27 to sit in the West!

Agree with what your saying, you check anyother team (well half decent team with a good stadium) and there's a range of prices.

Saorsa
03-09-2009, 10:41 AM

Brechin
Adult £15
Concession £5

St Johnstone
Adult £15
Concession £10

Not that it affacts me in anyway but what a bunch of robbing barstewards.I'm not saying Hibs are or are not at fault here but is the pricing for cup games not agreed between both clubs? Maybe St. Johnstone are just as much if not entirely at fault for this? :dunno:

I do agree with points you've made before about excessive prices.

Gatecrasher
03-09-2009, 10:41 AM

ST's are cheaper in the east and FF lower :agree:

Saorsa
03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
ST's are cheaper in the east and FF lower :agree:Maybe so but I still dinnae see how they justfy the blanket pricing for all areas of the ground for those without season tickets.

Dibben
03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm not saying Hibs are or are not at fault here but is the pricing for cup games not agreed between both clubs? Maybe St. Johnstone are just as much if not entirely at fault for this? :dunno:

I do agree with points you've made before about excessive prices.

:agree:

Both clubs have to agree the pricing. I'm sure Brechin would've been happy with their share with cheaper concessions. StJ being an SPL club now, perhaps insisted on higher prices (again not saying Hibs are innocent!).

BH.

Gatecrasher
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Maybe so but I still dinnae see how they justfy the blanket pricing for all areas of the ground for those without season tickets.

nope, i was just posting it to show how hibs have not used a blanket pricing policy for ST's

Antifa Hibs
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM

Both clubs have to agree the pricing. I'm sure Brechin would've been happy with their share with cheaper concessions. StJ being an SPL club now, perhaps insisted on higher prices (again not saying Hibs are innocent!).

BH.

How do the Saints get a say in it? Do they get a share of the gates like what happens in the Scottish cup?

ancient hibee
03-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty sure that SPL rules are that you can't offer home fans seats at less than away fans pay therefore to make the money from OF taking up their tickets home fans in other parts of the ground pay the same.The club should allow fans to pay up Sts by direct debit from June to December.

aberhibsfc
03-09-2009, 10:57 AM

Brechin
Adult £15
Concession £5

St Johnstone
Adult £15
Concession £10

Appreciate what your saying. Probably because Brechin required repricing as less attractive to get people through the gates. It is unfortunate that the concession price goes up for other teams, but this is probably due to a number of issues.
a) Size of opposition travelling fans cost of extra policing stewards.
b) We've also experienced loss of tv money and need to make money where possible to maintain costs.
c) Ah dunno.

steviehfc
03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
How do the Saints get a say in it? Do they get a share of the gates like what happens in the Scottish cup?:agree: Gate receipts are split, and both clubs have to agree on the pricing policy for the game IIRC.

Ringothedog
03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Correct, the gate money is split therefore both clubs have to agree the pricing structure

Woody1985
03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that SPL rules are that you can't offer home fans seats at less than away fans pay therefore to make the money from OF taking up their tickets home fans in other parts of the ground pay the same.The club should allow fans to pay up Sts by direct debit from June to December.

I think this only related to an equivocal view i.e the FFS and the South are the same and not be charged differently. Based on that, I think that the club can vary the prices between the East and West. Different stands with different quality of view/seating.

Keith_M
03-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I think this only related to an equivocal view i.e the FFS and the South are the same and not be charged differently. Based on that, I think that the club can vary the prices between the East and West. Different stands with different quality of view/seating.

OK, you may decide to have a reasonably close price for tickets at OF games, maybe with the exception of the East Stand which could justifiably cost less, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a more varied price structure in general.

How's this for a kick off (just an idea, don't get too p*ss*d at the exact details.)

West Upper centre (sections either side of corporate): £25
West Upper wings: £22
West Lower Centre: £23
West Lower wings: £20
FF Upper: £22
FF Lower: £20
East stand: £18
(New East: Same prices as West Lower, £23 & £20)

Betty Boop
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
How come a concession for Hertz v Dunfermline is only £8? :grr:

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
How come a concession for Hertz v Dunfermline is only £8? :grr:

Cos it's Hertz and they're not worth £10. :greengrin