PDA

View Full Version : Yogi comments on HI.

HibbyKeith
02-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Interested to hear yogi's comments on HI,

he says; "there was plenty irons in the fire in terms of what were trying to bring, ive still got one or two up my sleeve that the fans, im quite sure the fans will go ohh aye, well done"

he then goes on to say "hopefully we can go there (hamilton) with the right attutide, application and who knows maybe one or two new players, an make sure we go and pick up the three points."

seems that the moving of those 5 players thru the exit door was'nt done without forward thinking.

discuss..

HibbyAndy
02-09-2009, 10:51 PM

he says; "there was plenty irons in the fire in terms of what were trying to bring, ive still got one or two up my sleeve that the fans, im quite sure the fans will go ohh aye, well done"

he then goes on to say "hopefully we can go there (hamilton) with the right attutide, application and who knows maybe one or two new players, an make sure we go and pick up the three points."

seems that the moving of those 5 players thru the exit door was'nt done without forward thinking.

discuss..

Ahink we will rape Hamilton next weekend:agree:

Velma Dinkley
02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Have they not given us consent to play them?

keep the faith
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Boozy I think

It seems really odd he is sitting still without a club. Pretty sure he was waiting to see what happened at ER and Darkheid.

This is just my view. Please not another "We dont want him back debate"!!

Although FWIW on a free tranfer I would take him back like a shot. As for wages, we have freed up loads this summer, so we wil not be using up anything that will prevent further signings.

jacomo
02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Ahink we will rape Hamilton next weekend:agree:

Nice Yogi-speak! :thumbsup:

But what does this mean? Are we trying to sign a couple of free agents then? Or was Yogi speaking before the window shut?

Jonnyboy
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Nice Yogi-speak! :thumbsup:

But what does this mean? Are we trying to sign a couple of free agents then? Or was Yogi speaking before the window shut?

I'm told he said that just because the window is now closed it doesn't mean he's not still working on adding to the squad. I believe he went as far as to say if his efforts pay off the fans will be excited by the players coming in

Disco Dave
02-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Skacel's a free agent :wink:

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Is Bob Malcolm still a free agent?

monktonharp
02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Boozy I think

It seems really odd he is sitting still without a club. Pretty sure he was waiting to see what happened at ER and Darkheid.

Although FWIW on a free tranfer I would take him back like a shot. As for wages, we have freed up loads this summer, so we wil not be using up anything that will prevent further signings.er.....awrite,ipersonally dont want him back:bitchy:

keep the faith
02-09-2009, 11:11 PM
er.....awrite,ipersonally dont want him back:bitchy:

aaaaargh, Its started again!!! :greengrin

Peevemor
02-09-2009, 11:17 PM

discuss..

He'd better watch and not burn himself. :tsk tsk:

Jack
02-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I had a look round all the European free agents earlier today. The one thing that surprised me was the relatively few number of defender type players there were.

iwasthere1972
02-09-2009, 11:20 PM

discuss..

Good one Yogi. Like this "Get up and go" attitude rather than playing it down by saying it will be a toughie and if we get a point we'll have done well. We don't want 1 point when there's 3 on offer.

Believe in the Yogi. :agree:

truehibernian
02-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Moritz Voltz is also a free agent..........I wonder eh :wink:

poolman
02-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Boozy I think

Although FWIW on a free tranfer I would take him back like a shot. As for wages, we have freed up loads this summer, so we wil not be using up anything that will prevent further signings.

Well why post keek then if you dont want another Boozy debate :bye:

Hibbyradge
03-09-2009, 05:22 AM
I had a look round all the European free agents earlier today. The one thing that surprised me was the relatively few number of defender type players there were.

Hibbyradge in "Come and get me plea to Yogi".

I'm a free agent and a defender type.

I wouldn't be difficult to negotiate with.

And Hibs are the only team I've ever really wanted to play for.

Groathillgrump
03-09-2009, 06:53 AM

:hmmm: But are you 'Hibs Class'?

robinp
03-09-2009, 06:54 AM

Screw FTP Malcolm, did we finally sign David Ginola?

Barney McGrew
03-09-2009, 07:02 AM
:hmmm: But are you 'Hibs Class'?

Nope - his website is rotten :wink:

Delboy*
03-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Pele n maradonna r free agents!

:duck:

Steve-O
03-09-2009, 07:28 AM

Unfortunately Robert is now plying his trade with Brisbane Roar :agree::greengrin

Petrie's Tache
03-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Moritz Voltz is also a free agent..........I wonder eh :wink:

Excellent signing and would fit in to Yogi's style no probs at all.

Petrie's Tache
03-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Lauren
Campo
Rahidi Jaidi
:greengrin

Scooter
03-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Lucas neil

Craig_in_Prague
03-09-2009, 07:56 AM
How refreshing is it though to have a manager who doesn't just go signing any old crap, and actually swiftly gets rid of rubbish at the club as well.

I can't believe the change at the club in such a short space of time.

It's so great to have a good feeling about Hibs again.

:flag:

GreenOnions
03-09-2009, 08:06 AM

discuss..

Should he not have said "there are/were plenty irons in the fire"?

Pedant alert :duck:

Dibben
03-09-2009, 08:11 AM
So perhaps still a chance of new signings before our next game...

BH.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Dammit, I've just gone and got all excited again :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2009, 08:41 AM
How refreshing is it though to have a manager who doesn't just go signing any old crap, and actually swiftly gets rid of rubbish at the club as well.

:top marks

euro Hibby
03-09-2009, 08:51 AM
might have done well to farm out Paddy Deane and Jack Wilson but can't really comment as I am only going by the good write ups they got from the under 19's.

Yogi will have watched them well in these months and thinks he needs better.

Have to admire the way he is working. Not messing about and on a mission.

Lets hope he also gets a bit of luck.......

atticmonkey
03-09-2009, 09:00 AM

And me :thumbsup: and I can score goals as well. I will play anywhere as long as I don't have to run far from that spot :greengrin

EskbankHibby
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Because of the nature of the transfer window there will be a fair amount of free agents kicking about looking for clubs, some may even be Hibs class and possibly play RB or CH.

FWIW i wouldn't mind Boozy on a short term deal until the next window with an option to extend based on number of games played, win win, he's in the shop window and if he plays well that's good for Hibs.

Big Frank
03-09-2009, 09:10 AM

:top marksCorrect.

There seems to be application from the Board to the Management to the team.

Shhh, but it seems that the folks at Hibernian seem to know what they are doing again. Good stuff :agree:

HibbyKeith
03-09-2009, 09:12 AM
might have done well to farm out Paddy Deane and Jack Wilson but can't really comment as I am only going by the good write ups they got from the under 19's.

Yogi will have watched them well in these months and thinks he needs better.

Have to admire the way he is working. Not messing about and on a mission.

Lets hope he also gets a bit of luck.......

He was very complimentary of all the guys who have left, saying they had trained hard, were great proffesionals and they go with best wishes, but felt they would not get their saturday fix if they were to remain at the club until January.

yogi seems to know exactly what he wants and better still the board are supporting him and long may that continue.

The guy just pulls you in when you listen to him talking, all very sensible and more importantly realistic comment, he seemed excited himself when talking about the possible signings that could be joining us within the next week or so.

Also had to laugh at his comments about stack, asking CP "who was stacky playing for? that nutcase was in the celtic huddle after the match, did you see him?" :LOL:

gg

RIP
03-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Hibs released 5 players close to the transfer window

Presumably if it operates the same in England and other countries there will be loads of free agents from loads of clubs

Then it's just down to wages

There's probably trialists at EM as we speak e.g. young rejects from Sours, Chelsea, Everton etc?

euro Hibby
03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I think when a player goes on loan they split the wages between the clubs however in the end you are probably correct and its a case of freeing up money to bring others in. I would however also assume that these guys will have recieved maybe 50 % golden handshake so a year on loan might have been possible at the same cost ?

But as I have said, yogi knows best !

--------
03-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Interested to hear yogi's comments on HI, he says; "there was plenty irons in the fire in terms of what were trying to bring, ive still got one or two up my sleeve that the fans, im quite sure the fans will go ohh aye, well done"

He'd better watch and not burn himself. :tsk tsk:

Actually, Peeve, it rather SOUNDS as if he's been talking to Uncle James.... :shocked:

Should he not have said "there are/were plenty irons in the fire"?

Pedant alert :duck:

If Yogi spoke Home Counties English, you'd be right.

But Yogi talks Leef, so you're wrong. :wink:

jacomo
03-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Excellent signing and would fit in to Yogi's style no probs at all.

:agree: I liked Voltz at Fulham very much.

H18sry
03-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Hibs released 5 players close to the transfer window

Presumably if it operates the same in England and other countries there will be loads of free agents from loads of clubs

Then it's just down to wages

There's trialists at EM as we speak e.g. young rejects from Sours, Chelsea, Everton etc?

Source :duck:

J-C
03-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Can a player move on loan outside the transfer window if he comes from the EPL to the SPL for instance ?

aberhibsfc
03-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Has the bus ferrying Capucho, Cryuff and Reyes turned up at ER yet?

Pedantic_Hibee
03-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I want Cafu :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
03-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Have they not given us consent to play them?
:faf:quality

erin go bragh
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Boozy I think

hughes has said he wont be signing boozy!and as much as i liked him[ in his first season, he was superb] he was never the same after his injury.

--------
03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Can a player move on loan outside the transfer window if he comes from the EPL to the SPL for instance ?

No. He has to be out of contract - in other words, a free agent. If he's contracted in any way to another club, we can sign him, but we can't play him until the January window.

This is one reason we built East Mains - there are lots of decent players who ARE out of contract, and we can reasonably offer those who might suit us training facilities for a fortnight, say, during which time we can assess them.

If they measure up we can then offer them contracts.

We've already signed Danny Galbraith thanks to EM.

keep the faith
03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
hughes has said he wont be signing boozy!and as much as i liked him[ in his first season, he was superb] he was never the same after his injury.

Really? Has he gone out and said this? I thought when he said he was still bringing a couple in after the deadline Boozy would be a stick on.

Im sure Yogi has something lined up. So far his judgement has been spot on.

IWasThere2016
03-09-2009, 03:15 PM

Show us yer website!!!! :grr:

Jim44
03-09-2009, 10:11 PM

I don't think Hughes said this. Mowbray definitely said it. Having said that, I don't think Boozy will get the chance to return to ER. I think he'll end up at Dundee Utd. or Aberdeen.

Wotherspiniesta
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
:agree: I liked Voltz at Fulham very much.

Given our current situation at right back, he would be an excellent signing :agree:

BEEJ
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Given our current situation at right back, he would be an excellent signing :agree:
His arrival would undoubtedly ampere McCann's progress this season.

truehibernian
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
I wasn't joking about Voltz in my original post.......watch this space my hibee chums and chumettes :wink: cue the ****** headline of "Hibs "shock" signing" though

The_Horde
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
See also Brahim Hemdani is a free agent.

Would anyone take him?

Just Jimmy
04-09-2009, 01:20 AM

Would anyone take him?

before Boozy.

truehibernian
04-09-2009, 01:31 AM
"RE-ENERGISED VOLTZ INTENDS TO LEAD THE HIBEE CHARGE TOWARDS EUROPE".......maybe, possibly, who knows (would love it to be true)

jgl07
04-09-2009, 01:55 AM
His arrival would undoubtedly ampere McCann's progress this season.
Watt are you talking about?

Haven't you got an Ohm to go to?

SanFranHibs
04-09-2009, 03:03 AM
I think the most interesting part of the interview was the importance he places upon the Hamilton match.

Amidst the praise for the work and effort that Hamilton are showing, was pretty much that we should have the ability and desire to pick up the 3 points. "This will tell me if Hibs are moving up or staying flat". "This is harder than the Celtic game", referring to expectations.

Also, "I've died and went to heaven, working at this club".

:thumbsup:

Martin
04-09-2009, 11:32 AM

Would anyone take him?

Yeah - No brainer