02-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Cis Cup Final :thumbsup:

Sloppy
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
that was a close second for me

McIntosh
02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Hibs 2 v Rangers 1 - Souness debute, Zero in football terms - atmosphere amazing.

So many games in the 1970s.

Hibhibhooray
02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
AEK Athens at Easter Road, atmosphere the lot, Paco Luna and that last minute missed header, if only:boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
02-09-2009, 08:53 PM
It's not happened yet. :wink:

Sloppy
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM

:top marks:faf:

I'm_cabbaged
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM

:agree:

:greengrin

Cameron1875
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Hearts 0-1 Hibs at tynecastle last season is a close one for me. As it was my birthday that night that made it extra special:top marks

lyonhibs
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
In terms of games actually attended,

Rangers 0,zip,nada,**** all, hee haw, square root of baws all

Hibs 3 (O'Connor, Sproule, Killen)

What a great day, what a great Hibs crowd, and oh the pleasure of being able to walk back into my flag and regale my Hun flatmate with a loud, obnoxious rendition of "Hail Hail" :agree::greengrin

McIntosh
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM

Good line, the best has yet to come.....Scottish Cup Victory

Thats got a ring to it!

surreyhibbie
02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
for excitement, away to the Sheep****gers around 1974.

1-1 with a couple of minutes to go, we were thinking of leaving. Dons scored but we scored twice in Injury time to win 3-2. An interesting evening followed, shall we say...:wink:

For the result, scoring 6 against Sporting Lisbon, beating Liverpool 1-0 at ER, LC final in 72 and so many others...

HibeeUnderwood
02-09-2009, 09:03 PM
CIS Cup Final 2007

Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock

Quality!!! :thumbsup:

TowerHibs
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
athens for the atmosphere. Best by a mile in my lifetime.

Performance wise was the 4-4 draw with dundee. Some of the football that day was brilliant

MacBean
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
my first and second and to date only visits to ibrox

ivan sproule 3-0
sproule killen o'connor 3-0

delightful
that along with 6-2 and the athens game:thumbsup:

unfortunately was living in India at the time of the CIS cup game, left a couple of days after our Semi triumph at PBS.

tooley
02-09-2009, 09:12 PM
hibs 6-2 hearts :thumbsup:

6-2 on a par wi the Athens Game

bournehibby
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
2 - 1 Rangers SCQF March 1965
2 - 0 Real Madrid October 1964

All many years ago but then I've been in exile dan saff for too long :greengrin

bh

SteveHFC
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
My second best ever hibs game is the 6-2 game.:thumbsup:

erin go bragh
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
athens for the atmosphere. Best by a mile in my lifetime.

Performance wise was the 4-4 draw with dundee. Some of the football that day was brilliant
and **** all wrong wi riordans volley[to make it 5 1]:confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Games I was actually at

1. 7-0
2. 2-1 Celtic LC Final 1972
3. 5-1 Kilmarnock LC Final 2007
4. 5-0 Napoli
5. 2-0 Real Madrid
6. 2-0 Rangers Cup Semi Final Replay 1972
7. 1-0 Liverpool
8. 1-0 Rangers LC Semi Final 1972
9. 3-2 AEK Athens
10. 11-1 Hamilton

HibbyAndy
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
GOC last minute winner against pubteamers..utterly outstanding celebrations.

2-0 Your not unbeatable, when Boozy scored ER just went beserk.

6-2 If it werent for Niemi Hearts were seriously looking at double figure drubbing that night.

AEK- Nuff said.

7-0 Wasnt everyone there?

andudare2
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Games I was actually at

1. 7-0
4. 5-0 Napoli
5. 2-0 Real Madrid
7. 1-0 Liverpool
9. 2-0 AEK Athens
10. 11-1 Hamilton
i was at all of them as well. best for me though is the game sir alex ferguson states in his book that it still makes the hair,s on the back of his neck stand up. pars 5 - hibs 6 . now that game had the lot:thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
02-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Almost forgot cup game against Rangers in 1965 (?) at Easter Road 2-1, winner in injury time.

Sas_The_Hibby
02-09-2009, 09:37 PM
i was at all of them as well. best for me though is the game sir alex ferguson states in his book that it still makes the hair,s on the back of his neck stand up. pars 5 - hibs 6 . now that game had the lot:thumbsup:

I was at home, watching the scores come through on the videprinter (aah the good old days) and was pretty disgusted as it typed out "Dunfermline 5...."

AllyF
02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
1. Kilmarnock 1 - 5 Hibs CIS Cup Final

2. Rangers 0 - 3 Hibs SC

3. Hearts 1 - 2 Hibs GO'C and Deano

4. Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs win on penalties CIS Semi

5. Hibs 3 - 2 AEK Athens - would be higher up but my memory of the night has faded somewhat

iwasthere1972
02-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Three games that are top of my list.

Hibernian 2 Celtic 1 (1972 League Cup Final)

Hibernian 5 Naples 0 (Fairs Cup)

Hibernian 5 Kilmarnock 1 (2007 CIS Cup Final)

The Naples game was the most memorable when you consider we had been beaten in Italy 4-1 in the first leg and Dino Zoff was their goalkeeper that night.

I missed the 7-0 humping of the Yams due to having a few too many wine gums as a 16 year old on New Years Eve. :wink:

KingFranck
02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
6-2 just beats the Athens game

7Hero
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
1 - 1nil semifinal against rangers in the skol cup 1991..First time i had seen hibs win in glasgow and made me believe for the first time in my life we were actually going to win something.

2 - 2007 5-1 against kilmarnock cup final

3 - 6 - 2

4 - Millenium Derby

Billychaotic182
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
beating Rangers on penalties in the CIS Semi

CIS Cup 5-1

7Hero
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
1 - 1nil semifinal against rangers in the skol cup 1991..First time i had seen hibs win in glasgow and made me believe for the first time in my life we were actually going to win something.

2 - 2007 5-1 against kilmarnock cup final

3 - 6 - 2

4 - Millenium Derby

keep the faith
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Yams - 0 Hibs - 3 (Lehmann, Sauzee, Miller)

With 85 mins gone there was 3 empty stands and another one about to fall off its hinges.

What a night!!

--------
03-09-2009, 12:19 AM
The Naples game.

Somehow that night encapsulates everything that's best about Hibs, all tangled up with myself as a young man, just gone to University, out for a night with my mates and everything, just everything, falling into place like magic.

No one expected us to win the tie. Some folks thought we MIGHT restore a bit of pride, maybe get the draw or a narrow win. I went expecting nothing bu disappointment. (I was told later I moaned and grumbled all the way from the University Union in Teviot Place to the stadium, and that a vote was taken half-way along London Road as to whether my three pals should just push me under a bus and go to the game without me. Appare$ntly I was spared on a majority vote. Sorry, folks.)

But we got to the ground. There's always something special about Easter Road under the lights. Then we won the toss - kicked off up the slope.

And then Bobby Duncan drove that pile-driver in under Zoff's bar, and we knew it was going to happen.

Paddy Quinn got the second just before half-time, and we were playing down the slope in the second half.

We needed one more, we got three.

Peter Cormack's header from an Alex Scott cross (what an artist with the dead ball Alex was); Paddy Stanton's stooping header (again from a corner from Alex); and Colin Stein getting on the end of a cross from Eric Stevenson about 10 minutes from time.

The thing I remember about that second half (actually the last 20 minutes or so) was the noise coming out of the old Main Stand. It reverberated like a drum, because it was built of corrugated iron with wooden floorboards. And whenever Hibs were chasing the game down the slope in the second half, the ST holders in that old stand would start a chant of "Gerrintaethum" and stamp their feet in rhythm. "GerrINtaethum - ba-BAM, ba-BAM.... GerrINtaethum - ba-BAM, ba-BAM.... GerrINtaethum - ba-BAM, ba-BAM...." (Seriously threateningly scary, I might add - we should get back into the habit nowadays.)

The Naples game, I was standing right in front of one of the upright steel girders that used to support the stand roof, and I tell you that girder was thrumming away like a guitar string the last 20 minutes of the game.

Magic! :devil:

poolman
03-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Games I was actually at

1. 7-0
4. 5-0 Napoli
5. 2-0 Real Madrid
7. 1-0 Liverpool
9. 3-2 AEK Athens
10. 11-1 Hamilton

Couldny put that lot better, was at all them as well

Sporting Lisbon as well and if nobody minds I think the game against Dundee when we won 5-1 a few years ago was just tremendous, and we missed a penalty I think :thumbsup:

euro Hibby
03-09-2009, 06:04 AM
sporting lisbon 6 -1 Uefa cuo.

Dibben
03-09-2009, 08:49 AM
hibs 6-2 hearts :thumbsup:

This would be my first choice - however, I watched on TV as I was living in Dorset at the time, still one of the top birthday presents ever... :thumbsup:

Of games I've attended, this is probably top.

Although the Skol Cup final in 1991 is up there too, as only 15 months prior to that, we could have been extinct!!

BH.

Joe Baker II
03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Here are 5:

Rangers 0 Hibernian 1 25-9-91

Hearts 0 Hibernian 3 19-12-99

Hibernian 2 Aberdeen 1 in 1983-84 (a very rare loss for Dons at that time, think last time we have beaten holders of a European trophy)

Celtic 2 Hibernian 3 12-9-93 (2 late goals very enjoyable)

2-1 1993 League Cup final despite undeserved defeat preventing one of the best Hibs teams in alst 30 years from winning a merited trophy.

Would mention the first 90 minutes against AEK - before the team proved they did not have a winning mentality when it really mattered.

Have not selected 2 trophy wins I have been at, aftermath of 1991 cup win (and fact Mercer at Hearts had won nothing) was better than game itself, and 2006-07 win was ok but a bit devalued by fact no longer European place at stake. 6-2 game was ruined by lack of atmosphere due to small Hearts support and does not live much in my memory.

Peevemor
03-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Although the Skol Cup final in 1991 is up there too, as only 15 months prior to that, we could have been extinct!!

For me it was the semi to get to that final where we beat the huns 1-0 at hampden (Keith Keith Keith...).

Dipped flake
03-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Not going to post the obvious Hearts slanted games but the best Hibs game I can remember attending as a neutral??? was against Leeds Utd in Europe (can't remember the competition). My memory might be playing tricks but I remember Billy Bremner playing keepy uppy inside his own 6 yard area while under pressure

Eggchaser
03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Geebsy game at Tynecastle. Phenomenal.

mim
03-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Not going to post the obvious Hearts slanted games but the best Hibs game I can remember attending as a neutral??? was against Leeds Utd in Europe (can't remember the competition). My memory might be playing tricks but I remember Billy Bremner playing keepy uppy inside his own 6 yard area while under pressure

That was certainly a great Hibs performance, although we lost the tie on penalties after two 0-0 draws against what was then England's top team.

Bremner held Leeds together that night, or they would have got a leathering.

Most of the great games I've been at have been mentioned, with one notable exception and that game is my number one:

Hibs 3 Barca 2 - what a performance, what a game. :thumbsup:

cwilliamson85
03-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Athens game at ER was special.

has to be the scottish cup game we beat rangers 3-0. Remember the bounce at the end followed byt the singing of what a ****£ home support to an empty ibrox...

good times...

soupy
03-09-2009, 10:14 AM
ill say the 6-2, although its tight wi the two cup final wins ive seen:thumbsup:

Holmesdale Hibs
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
1) Rangers 0 - Hibs 3 (Sproule Hat-trick and my only ever trip to Ibrox)
2) Hibs 2 - Hearts 0 (We are unbeatable)
3) Hibs 1 - Hearts 0 (Brebner sent off)
4) CIS Cup final
5) AEK (great 90min but we still lost over 2 legs)
6) Anderlect game
7) Hibs 1 - Aberdeen 0

Last one was some time in late eighties. Theo Schnelders got sent off for punching Keith Wright while on the ground in the box after 'earning' Hibs a penalty. McIntyre belted the spot kick against Brian Irvine's legs and it went out for a corner. Danny Lennon scored in 97 minutes. One of my earliest memories from Easter Road and remember it well from the back of the Cow Shed.

--------
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM

We KNOW your memory plays tricks on you, pal.

That's been well-established on another thread.

Regarding THIS post? I smell KEECH. :rolleyes:

Oscar Lomax
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Hearts 1 - 2 Hibernian

1988/89 Season I think. Floodlit match, raining, great crown and what a left foot strike from Stevie Archibald. This match will stay with me forever!

IWasThere2016
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
CIS Cup Final 2007

Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock

Quality!!! :thumbsup:

Has to be :thumbsup: .. although '91 was sweet for obvious reasons too :agree:

7-0 Wasnt everyone there?

I know 400,000 who will deny being there :greengrin

Dipped flake
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
We KNOW your memory plays tricks on you, pal.

That's been well-established on another thread.

Regarding THIS post? I smell KEECH. :rolleyes:

Sorry, really don't get what you are on about. I mentioned this game as the best hibs one I can remember (when not playing Hearts) and another poster agreed with me, so what is keech about it???

Dipped flake
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Has to be :thumbsup: .. although '91 was sweet for obvious reasons too :agree:

I know 400,000 who will deny being there :greengrin

Well I was there

Jonnyboy
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Hearts 1 - 2 Hibernian

1988/89 Season I think. Floodlit match, raining, great crown and what a left foot strike from Stevie Archibald. This match will stay with me forever!

This one :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE

zlatan
03-09-2009, 11:57 AM
easily this one (http://uk.shopping.com/xPO-Active-Hibernian-Club-Manager)

Oscar Lomax
03-09-2009, 12:01 PM

That's the one my boy! Glorious strike.....I was only 17 and remember going daft cause I dont think Id seen too many wins there!

--------
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Sorry, really don't get what you are on about. I mentioned this game as the best hibs one I can remember (when not playing Hearts) and another poster agreed with me, so what is keech about it???

Oh well - probably me and my paranoia just. :rolleyes:

I was there that night, and I wouldn't call it a 'best ever Hibs game'.

But I can see how a match where Hibs went out of Europe in a 0-0 on their last penalty of the shoot-out would appeal to you.

Strangely, MY best-ever Hearts game involved seven goals, all for the same team. But I couldn't post that on Keechback.

Zimmy
03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
The Naples game.

Somehow that night encapsulates everything that's best about Hibs, all tangled up with myself as a young man, just gone to University, out for a night with my mates and everything, just everything, falling into place like magic.

No one expected us to win the tie. Some folks thought we MIGHT restore a bit of pride, maybe get the draw or a narrow win. I went expecting nothing bu disappointment. (I was told later I moaned and grumbled all the way from the University Union in Teviot Place to the stadium, and that a vote was taken half-way along London Road as to whether my three pals should just push me under a bus and go to the game without me. Appare$ntly I was spared on a majority vote. Sorry, folks.)

But we got to the ground. There's always something special about Easter Road under the lights. Then we won the toss - kicked off up the slope.

And then Bobby Duncan drove that pile-driver in under Zoff's bar, and we knew it was going to happen.

Paddy Quinn got the second just before half-time, and we were playing down the slope in the second half.

We needed one more, we got three.

Peter Cormack's header from an Alex Scott cross (what an artist with the dead ball Alex was); Paddy Stanton's stooping header (again from a corner from Alex); and Colin Stein getting on the end of a cross from Eric Stevenson about 10 minutes from time.

The thing I remember about that second half (actually the last 20 minutes or so) was the noise coming out of the old Main Stand. It reverberated like a drum, because it was built of corrugated iron with wooden floorboards. And whenever Hibs were chasing the game down the slope in the second half, the ST holders in that old stand would start a chant of "Gerrintaethum" and stamp their feet in rhythm. "GerrINtaethum - ba-BAM, ba-BAM.... GerrINtaethum - ba-BAM, ba-BAM.... GerrINtaethum - ba-BAM, ba-BAM...." (Seriously threateningly scary, I might add - we should get back into the habit nowadays.)

The Naples game, I was standing right in front of one of the upright steel girders that used to support the stand roof, and I tell you that girder was thrumming away like a guitar string the last 20 minutes of the game.

Magic! :devil:

That truly was a great night Doddie, you felt in those days if Hibs were in the mood we could beat any team in Europe at ER, how times have changed!!!. As for Alex Scott a lot of fans were underwhelmed when he signed mostly because of his age, thankfully he proved he could still play a bit and his free kicks and corners were top drawer. Happy days :greengrin

Oscar Lomax
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM

That's the one my boy! Glorious strike.....I was only 17 and remember going daft cause I dont think Id seen too many wins there!

iwasthere1972
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM

Is there an echo in here. :greengrin

--------
03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
That truly was a great night Doddie, you felt in those days if Hibs were in the mood we could beat any team in Europe at ER, how times have changed!!!. As for Alex Scott a lot of fans were underwhelmed when he signed mostly because of his age, thankfully he proved he could still play a bit and his free kicks and corners were top drawer. Happy days :greengrin

I was up in Caithness a few years ago, taking a morning service. Assisting me in the children's talk I had a most impressive and eminent bear called Columbus, resplendent in all his Hibs clobber. (Long story - don't ask, but trust me - Columbus is some spectacular bear.)

At the end of the service one of the lassies who looked after the kids came up to me.

"You're a Hibs supporter?" she asked.

"I am," I replied.

"You'd remember my uncles, then," she said. "They both played for Hibs."

Frantic racking of brains for two brothers who played for Hibs within the right timescale - "Alex and Jim?" said I.

"That's right."

So we atlked, and I told her the story of the Naples game and those corners Alex put over for the third and fourth goals.

She listened, then said, "Yes, Uncle Alex always said that that night was a very special night for him. he often spoke about it."

Check out Alex's career with Rangers and Everton. He had a lot of big nights in his time, but the Naples night was special.

Strange the way you meet people sometimes.

Hainan Hibs
03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
AEK Athens stands out for the atmosphere, half time and 17,000 Hibs fans are going mental to DJ Otzi's "Hey Baby" smash hit, what a time:thumbsup:.

People dwell on Luna missing the last minute header, think we should thank him for the two goals that took us to extra time instead. We done well in 90 minutes and should've won it obviously, but Athens had a few more gears to step up.

Another one has to be the 5-1 Cup Final, brilliant performances all round, the feeling I got when seeing Jones' header smashing into the net can't be beaten. Sunshine on Leith was brilliant, and we definately owned the capital that night.

A special mention has to be made for the 1-0 Brian Kerr derby game at ***********, just for the fact I was standing beside a stranger for 1 minute and in the next minute he grabs me in a bear hug and then throws me about ten rows down:greengrin

rightwinger
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
1) Rangers 0 - Hibs 3 (Sproule Hat-trick and my only ever trip to Ibrox)
2) Hibs 2 - Hearts 0 (We are unbeatable)
3) Hibs 1 - Hearts 0 (Brebner sent off)
4) CIS Cup final
5) AEK (great 90min but we still lost over 2 legs)
6) Anderlect game
7) Hibs 1 - Aberdeen 0

Last one was some time in late eighties. Theo Schnelders got sent off for punching Keith Wright while on the ground in the box after 'earning' Hibs a penalty. McIntyre belted the spot kick against Brian Irvine's legs and it went out for a corner. Danny Lennon scored in 97 minutes. One of my earliest memories from Easter Road and remember it well from the back of the Cow Shed.

Pedant alert:

That game was in the 1991-92 season. Lennon also had a very good game at ER against Aberdeen in 1994 - scoring and being MOTM in a 3-1 win.

My favourite games tend to be away matches. The 3-0 cup win at Ibrox and 3-0 win at Tynecastle stick out - I could watch replays of Sauzee's goal in that game all day.

Peevemor
03-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Pedant alert:

That game was in the 1991-92 season. Lennon also had a very good game at ER against Aberdeen in 1994 - scoring and being MOTM in a 3-1 win.

My favourite games tend to be away matches. The 3-0 cup win at Ibrox and 3-0 win at Tynecastle stick out - I could watch replays of Sauzee's goal in that game all day.

He was one of my favourite players at the time.

erin go bragh
03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Hearts 1 - 2 Hibernian

yes .was there and pretty sure we were down to 10 men[player sent off early in the 1st half.-archibald just stood there with his arms aloft as we went mental:top marks

yekimevol
03-09-2009, 01:56 PM
22 april 06 hibs 2 hearts 1 after "the" semi. when brown came on still with major knee problems and benji scored i ended up going from the top of the east to the bottom and his celebration down to the jambos was worth nade's weight in gold:faf::faf:. if we had lost that i would never have went back. but praise the lord. that was the best game:agree::agree::greengrin:greengrin:thumbsup::t humbsup::faf::faf:

erin go bragh
03-09-2009, 02:01 PM
1 - 5 1 cup final[locked out of 91 final so all the sweeter]
2 - 1 2 pbs[dean and gary]night game and my sons 1st visit there]
3- 1 0 huns hampden 91.keith keith keith
4- 1 0 loss at hunville[85 but won 2 1 on agg] another night game. 1st visit there[outsang them the whole game
5 -3 2 aek [won the battle but lost the war] er was jumping
6- 0 3 millenium derby.[sauzee,s strike then celebration
7- 1 3 at darkhead[under mowbray[sons one and only visit]
8-0 3 hunville [cup game] sons one and only visit[how bouncing was that stand]
9-1 2 pbs[archibald scored the 2nd in front of us then just stould there arms aloft as we went mental]
10-0 1 pbs geebsie[it was a long time comming]