PDA

View Full Version : Greggs JJ to Hearts?

HibeeMcGinn1
02-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Just a thought, no source or rumour but with the window now closed and Hearts in desperate need of a striker what do you think the chances of that happening are?
JJ just bought a new house in Scotland and his wife has a new job on the tele. So just a wee thought going round in ma heed.

bighairyfaeleith
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
could they afford him :greengrin

McIntosh
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Agree, there or Motherwell, maybe even the Gers.

Nameless
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Agree, there our Motherwell, maybe even the Gers.

I hope he does. The guy is a wage sponge who adds nothing to the team.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Perhaps via Kaunus first.

Baader
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Didn't score a competitive goal for us so probably fits the bill for them! :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
02-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Didn't score a competitive goal for us so probably fits the bill for them! :greengrin

i hope you didnt mean nade there because he is a valued member of the jambos squad and will fire them to 2nd place, he also didnt dive:devil:

gackohibs
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
i hope you didnt mean nade there because he is a valued member of the jambos squad and will fire them to 2nd place, he also didnt dive:devil:

damn right he didnt! he rolled! it was hilarious!! embarrassingly hilarious!
:thumbsup:

PiemanP
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
did he not buy some big house with a moat out Killie way??

maybe fat JJ might sign JJ :wink:

Nameless
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Perhaps via Kaunus first.

I thought they were defunked:titanic:

jacomo
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Agree, there our Motherwell, maybe even the Gers.

I think it's quite possible he'll go back to Ibrox... and no doubt score against us.

Jack
02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
did he not buy some big house with a moat out Killie way??

maybe fat JJ might sign JJ :wink:

I think that's probably his best option, given the house.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
TBH I am just glad that he has gone. Along with Joe Keenan, it was a travesty that he was ever allowed near our first eleven. The fact that he was given first team football to build up his fitness was nothing less than a disgrace. I am also glad that Yogi is not dithering with previous manager's flops, the way that Mixu dithered too long with JC's. :agree:

Green Mikey
02-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought they were defunked:titanic:

Never knew this.... who has taken their funk away:faf:

Haymaker
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM

IIRC they had their professional licence away by the league because they werent sure they could pay their bills? Happened to Romanovs other team in Belarus?

MacBean
02-09-2009, 09:29 PM
my mate speculated this at work today, but he too had no source just a stupid idea that came to his head... intreguing...

stubru59
02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Pretty sure some SPL side will come in for him.

HibbyAndy
02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
TBH I am just glad that he has gone. Along with Joe Keenan, it was a travesty that he was ever allowed near our first eleven. The fact that he was given first team football to build up his fitness was nothing less than a disgrace. I am also glad that Yogi is not dithering with previous manager's flops, the way that Mixu dithered too long with JC's. :agree:

What he said.

matty_f
02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I think JJ had the quality to be a really good player for us, however he was thrown into the side when he wasn't match fit, then played in the wrong position in a side that was by and large honking last season.

Stokes and Benji coming in pushed him well down the pecking order, and with Kurtis Byrne coming up from the 19s I think it became clear that JJ wouldn't feature.

I think it could have been different if we'd waited til he was ready for first team football, and played him in a striker's role. I certainly don't blame him for how his short time here went, and I wish him well with his next club, unless it's the Yams.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I think JJ had the quality to be a really good player for us, however he was thrown into the side when he wasn't match fit, then played in the wrong position in a side that was by and large honking last season.

Stokes and Benji coming in pushed him well down the pecking order, and with Kurtis Byrne coming up from the 19s I think it became clear that JJ wouldn't feature.

I think it could have been different if we'd waited til he was ready for first team football, and played him in a striker's role. I certainly don't blame him for how his short time here went, and I wish him well with his next club, unless it's the Yams.:greengrin

What i find strange about JJ is, he never seemed to get fit. How long does it take a player to get fit these days? It was the same with Jarko Wiss, he was another that never seemed to get fit.:confused:

BSEJVT
03-09-2009, 07:55 AM
What i find strange about JJ is, he never seemed to get fit. How long does it take a player to get fit these days? It was the same with Jarko Wiss, he was another that never seemed to get fit.:confused:

You are right BH

Could it be because they are Finnish(ed!) before they get to Hibs.

Leaving now, will get my coat.

PeeKay
03-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Interestingly, I watched Finland play earlier in the summer (vs Russia I think). It was exactly like watching Hibs long ball game last season and JJ was utter mince. OK, in general play you could argue that was because the side was honking, but his first touch was appalling, even when the pass was directly to his feet.
Wish him no harm, but very glad he is off our books.

sadtom
03-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Surely big humungeous teams wouldn't be interested in wee team cast offs!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-09-2009, 11:02 AM

Never been the same since James Brown and his cape ascended on up high...

Puzzling why it didn't work out for JJ. Re. fitness - didn't he come just after the Swedish (EDIT: or Finland even!) season had finished so why not match fit???

Hope we're not turning this into a trend - Stokesy score a goal FFS :wink:

34 tho' ... The guy must be a little miffed/embarassed how things turned out.

Gingertosser
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't think the wife has much time left in her job....utter mince :blah:

They will probably trundle off to Finland in the next couple of months :bye:

Mary Hinge
03-09-2009, 11:16 AM
IIRC they had their professional licence away by the league because they werent sure they could pay their bills? Happened to Romanovs other team in Belarus?

Here's to the hat trick then :wink: