PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gordon

Famous Fiver
02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Just noticed Craig Gordon's comments supporting the 2 match ban for Eduardo.

Is this the same Craig Gordon who feigned injury in an incident with Dean Shields?

Hypocrite

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 01:17 PM

Is this the same Craig Gordon who feigned injury in an incident with Dean Shields?

Hypocrite

Did the article say "Sunderland reserve keeper Craig Gordon"? If so then it'll be him. :greengrin

Good point htough - they're all fighting for the moral high ground just now. They're all cheats (except the Hibs players).

HIBEES 4 LIFE
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Hypocrite

He is not being a hypocrite as he says that diving was worth the 2 match ban as its earned the club 16million and the player around 100k.

He is, if anything, defending diving.

Beefster
02-09-2009, 01:47 PM

Hypocrite

You're criticising someone for comments that you've not read properly or just mis-understood.

Hibs7
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Gordon is talking *******, Arsenal would still have won and gone through without that little cheating barsteward diving like swallow, a 2 game ban is not enough of a deterent for aaarsewipes like him. Banned from european football for the rest of the competition would have been more effective. :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
You're criticising someone for comments that you've not read properly or just mis-understood.

I've not read the article but it seems that Gordon is saying it's worth a 2match ban to get the penalty. Much in the same way it was worth the risk to take a dive against us to get Shiels sent off.

He's admitting he's a cheat in my eyes and for that he surely deserves criticism?

sahib
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I've not read the article but it seems that Gordon is saying it's worth a 2match ban to get the penalty. Much in the same way it was worth the risk to take a dive against us to get Shiels sent off.

He's admitting he's a cheat in my eyes and for that he surely deserves criticism?

:top marks

JoeT
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Did the article say "Sunderland reserve keeper Craig Gordon"? If so then it'll be him. :greengrin

It said "spotty lesbo Sunderland reserve keeper"

duncs
02-09-2009, 03:36 PM
I think I might be in the minority here, but Deano definitely made contact with Gordon and it looked more like a Saturday night assault than Eduardo's dive. I was screaming blue murder at the time of the game, but in hindsight Shiels deserved the red card he got - I just don't understand why he thought it was a good idea at the time.

jgl07
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
He is not being a hypocrite as he says that diving was worth the 2 match ban as its earned the club 16million and the player around 100k.

So if he had not dived, Celtic would have gone on to win 3-0 at the Emirates and qualified?

Someone is on the loopy juice here!

Broken Gnome
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I think I might be in the minority here, but Deano definitely made contact with Gordon and it looked more like a Saturday night assault than Eduardo's dive. I was screaming blue murder at the time of the game, but in hindsight Shiels deserved the red card he got - I just don't understand why he thought it was a good idea at the time.

Count yourself in a minority of two. At the very least, If Gordon got up and retaliated you'd have two men off, almost certainly. So while about 15 other players steamed into the goalmouth, made perfect sense to lie down and keep out of it to be honest. I think Dean should probably take the greater share of the blame somehow on that...

truehibernian
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Agreed.....we would have gone on to easily beat them that day had Shiels not acted the way he did. Even down to 10 men and 3-2 down there was only one team attacking. How Whitty's shot stayed out I don't know. Yeah Gordon over reacted but he was probably aware that Hibs were going to win that game the way they were playing second half that day.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Count yourself in a minority of two. At the very least, If Gordon got up and retaliated you'd have two men off, almost certainly. So while about 15 other players steamed into the goalmouth, made perfect sense to lie down and keep out of it to be honest. I think Dean should probably take the greater share of the blame somehow on that...

I agree that he was stupid but Gordon cheated that day. He stepped towards Shiels then fell down when they bumped into eachother.

duncs
02-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I agree that he was stupid but Gordon cheated that day. He stepped towards Shiels then fell down when they bumped into eachother.

Still doesn't quite explain why Shiels led with his arms pushing at Gordon does it?

Elephant Stone
02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
It's no surprise that he plays down the need to stop diving after his pathetic death feigning after Sheils pushed him. I really abhor Craig Gordon :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Still doesn't quite explain why Shiels led with his arms pushing at Gordon does it?

"Led"? I don't think so - I actually think he put his hands up to protect himself when he saw Gordon step into his way.

jdships
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM

If he is defending diving he is surely defending cheating :confused:

We probably all know in our heart of hearts that we have cheated at some time when playing a sport .
My problem now , and always has been ,is with those who deliberately cheat for gain.
Harlequins RFC recent episode is a case in point .
Sorry I cannot accept Gordon's "take" on this that it "was worth it"
:bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Hypocrite

Rent-a-gob Gordon.

deek68
02-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I haven't read the article but from what i can understand Craig Gordon condones Eduardos actions in order to gain therefore he's not being hypocritical. He is however supporting cheating which leaves him open to criticism.

As for the Sheils incident, Dean goes charging in to the goal to retrieve the ball after equalising with a penalty and Gordon stands in his way. Fracas ensues and Sheils gets sent off - call me old fashioned but it's a referees job to take the "sting" out of a game and to send Sheils off was absurd. Yellow would have done it.

As for Whittakers shot hitting both posts and going back into play - never seen anything like it before or since.

Who mentioned this? I'm all wound up now....

josef k
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM

Sorry but Sheilds was an idiot that day - rush of blood to the head and a deserved red card IMO.

Gordon did cheat - he lay on the ground acting like he had been hit by a prime Muhammad Ali for about half an hour after being bumbed by a guy who weighed about 10 stone. He (Gordon) is a spotty n*b end. But Sheilds still deserved his red card.

Beefster
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM

The plukey wee bawbag does indeed deserves criticism for a lot of things but the OP was calling him a hypocrite for supporting the ban dished out to Eduardo.

stuart01
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM

:top marks

lyonhibs
02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Gordon is talking *******, Arsenal would still have won and gone through without that little cheating barsteward diving like swallow, a 2 game ban is not enough of a deterent for aaarsewipes like him. Banned from european football for the rest of the competition would have been more effective. :grr:

Ho ho good one - With that precedent set, watch as UEFA makes a rod for its own back and has to punish every fancy dan that goes over a passing breeze in a similar fashion.

A lot of said fancy dans are also amongst the best players in the world (and Aiden McGreedy)

No place for it in the sport I agree, and the ban should have been slightly longer, maybe equate it to the same level as a straight red, but that sort of draconian measure is not realistic or feasible IMO.

Re: Gordon's comments, I've not read then but a spot of perspective perchance?? Dean Shiels ran smack bang into Gordon with his arms raised. Gordon may have made a bit of a meal of it but "feigning injury" or "diving"???

Nah, not for me.