PDA

View Full Version : Ceefax and STV Teletext gone ?

2belhaven
02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Can't get teletext on either BBC or STV since yesterday. Was excellent for keeping up to date on scottish football news. Page 390 BBC and 401 on STV. Or is it just me ?

Is this the result of analogue being pulled ?

Really annoying :confused::grr:

Golden Bear
02-09-2009, 12:32 PM
It's still available - page 532 is the Hibs page.

However the information is often pure gash - for instance about once a week they still run the story about Yogi wanting to keep Rob Jones & Steven Fletcher!

If Only
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Can't get teletext on either BBC or STV since yesterday. Was excellent for keeping up to date on scottish football news. Page 390 BBC and 401 on STV. Or is it just me ?

Is this the result of analogue being pulled ?

Really annoying :confused::grr:

I encountered the same problem, thought it was my t.v.

CB_NO3
02-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Ceefax was good about 20 years ago for the scores, why would you care if its gone now if you have internet access. You can find out anything you want on the net within 10 seconds these days.

Woody70x2
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Page 402 is a daily read for me and there would be a void in my life once it goes. I was reading it yesterday, so I still have it.

I especially like the fans comments, dominated by OF fans, but good for a read from their multi-faced fans.

lucky
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Switch of from Sky or Virgin media back to your analogue service and it works fine

jgl07
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Remember 'watching' way matches on Ceefax?

Before the days of live updates and internet radio commentaries, it was the only way to keep up with progress in an away match as the latest score would be presented on the appropriate page.

Mind you in the Alex Miller period, it was often as entertaining as going to the match!

The_Todd
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Brilliant in it's day, but I haven't looked at Ceefax/Teletext once in about 5 years. It's slow and dated and not suprised it's gone.

If you've got digital TV then you've already got a much better service there anyway.

Gmack7
02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I encountered the same problem, thought it was my t.v.
what he said

Disc O'Dave
02-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Teletext is due to stop in January

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8154022.stm

Green Man
02-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Remember 'watching' way matches on Ceefax?

Before the days of live updates and internet radio commentaries, it was the only way to keep up with progress in an away match as the latest score would be presented on the appropriate page.

Mind you in the Alex Miller period, it was often as entertaining as going to the match!

Aye, waiting for the page to get back round to the Hibs score :grr:

Can't remember when it was but I've watched a couple of penalty shoot outs on Ceefax, there's nothing quite like it for tension!

jgl07
02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Aye, waiting for the page to get back round to the Hibs score :grr:

Can't remember when it was but I've watched a couple of penalty shoot outs on Ceefax, there's nothing quite like it for tension!
I remember watching a Hearts league cup tie on Teletext.

I live in Merchiston and you can hear the crowd from Tynecastle if the wind is in the right direction.

Ross County went 1-0 up. I was listening to the crowd and predicting what the outcome was. This proved 100% accurate. The noise that greeted the Hearts equalizer was obvious. Near misses from either side were possible to identify as was the final whistle and the start and finish of of extra time.

My calls were confirmed by the teletext within a minute or two.

Then came the shoot out. I called three Hearts goals and three Ross County misses. The teletext confirmed every one.

BEEJ
02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
If you've got digital TV then you've already got a much better service there anyway.
Maybe its me, but for some reason I find that there seems to be less information across the digital channel information pages than one finds on the equivalent Ceefax pages.

:dunno: