PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Thing You Have Ever Seen/Experienced at a Hibs Game

Dinkydoo
02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
What it says on the tin.

The first thing that springs to mind is the Home game vs AEK Athens. I was sitting with my Dad, Uncle and cousin in the west when we spotted a guy in the AEK support sporting a giant bananna suit...:agree:

They were giving us pelters for the first 15 minutes or so and a few hibees gave them some back - friendly banter at most. Until......... AEK scored, I felt gutted, totally and utterly gutted. The whistle blows, flag goes up - offside.

Ha ha, we started winding them all up as they had been doing to us, the bananna man was going mental, shouting and jumping (well more like bouncing) up and down and the silly bugger slipped and toppled down onto the seat in front - I nearly had to leave there and then to change my underwear :faf:

I had this totally surreal image of a guy in bananna suit slipping and falling forward onto the row in front of him for ages - probably one of those "gotta be there" to find it funny type things, but comical none the less.

cwilliamson85
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Was a few years back and we had Stirling Albion in the cup on there patch. The fog was that thick we couldn’t see past half way from behind the goals so we just lost interest. Then a group of guys behind me shouted SQUEAL LIKE A PIG to a response of a pig squealing from the other stand. Very funny / strange at the same point.

Holmesdale Hibs
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I remember Konte taking a dive vs Celtic after coming on as a sub when we were 3-0 down. The ball must have been about 10 yards away and the whole of the FFS were pashing themselves. IIRC Boozy scored a nice conciliation and we lost 3-1.

Hank Schrader
02-09-2009, 12:08 PM
The rugby ball being thrown onto the pitch from the East Stand during an Edinburgh derby at Easter Road a few years ago. It was around about the time when Hearts were looking at moving to Murrayfield just before Romanov came along and "saved" them.

The timing of the rugby ball landing on the pitch was genius, it was during a break in the play as Craig Gordon went to fetch the proper ball from the touchline and the crowd was pretty silent. Then the "thud" of the rugby ball hitting the turf and Plukey throwing off the pitch rugby style! Brilliant! :top marks

MSK
02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Benny Brazil scoring a hat-trick v Celtic .. :greengrin

Other than that it would be the Stevie "booked for being ugly" Fulton chants that were belted out during a hibs yams game ...:greengrin

GTMRossaK3
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
A few years ago, can't remember exactly when or what game, the anouncer said
" Message for Mr ------, you'r wife's just had twins"

Brilliant!!

TowerHibs
02-09-2009, 12:26 PM
The rugby ball being thrown onto the pitch from the East Stand during an Edinburgh derby at Easter Road a few years ago. It was around about the time when Hearts were looking at moving to Murrayfield just before Romanov came along and "saved" them.

The timing of the rugby ball landing on the pitch was genius, it was during a break in the play as Craig Gordon went to fetch the proper ball from the touchline and the crowd was pretty silent. Then the "thud" of the rugby ball hitting the turf and Plukey throwing off the pitch rugby style! Brilliant! :top marks

yep totally agree, the timing was perfect. And the fact that the tit gordon threw the ball off the park as if he'd played rugby for years and the Jambos going ballistic in the south stand was worth it

stu in nottingham
02-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Maybe a bit of a strange one, but it appealed to my slightly twisted sense of humour.

A rather grizzled old character and a Hibs fanatic who used to inhabit the back of the old Cowshed regularly had an original line in self abuse of the own team. One of his comments that still floors me to this day was against Rangers. A frustrating afternoon was ensuing with Hibs a couple of goals down and floundering when suddenly his distinctive rasp rang out:

HIBS - YOU'RE A LOAD OF F**ING CATHOLIC *******S!

I'm still wondering...

borders.cabbage
02-09-2009, 01:03 PM
The East Stand waving cash at the Yam players after their wages never got paid.

HIBERNIALEITH
02-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Many moons ago, we used to stand in the corner between the cowshed and the East Stand. One game, 2 older men were standing next to us and one of them said to the other "that's the young lad Kevin Harper, he's supposed to be really good" and the other replied ................

"Is he Joe's laddy?":faf::faf::faf:

Hibercelona
02-09-2009, 01:09 PM
The East Stand waving cash at the Yam players after their wages never got paid.

The vladnote idea was genius :thumbsup:

NB Hibby
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Tortolano breaking clear of everybody on the left-wing, just had to keep running towards the goal for a great chance of scoring.

In his excitement he took the ball too near the touchline and it ran out for a throw-in.:faf:

Well it's funny now but he still got pelters.

divot
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
No question for me - it was East Stand, near the FF end a few years back at a derby. There's the old guy at the back of the FF who is generally in a state of severe refreshment, singing loudly and wildly out of tune, and so slowly that it's physically impossible for anyone to join in.

Anyway, middle of Hibs/Hearts, he's in the thick of a stunningly drawn-out and loud "Bonnie Boys" rendition, which gets slower and slower towards the end, eventually ending in a deafening and deliberate "soooooooooo come ooooan maaah boooooonniiiiiiieeee booooooooooooooooys". As he finishes (presumably to sit down and gather his strength for a few minutes), a strange muted atmosphere falls across that end of the stand. A few seconds later, in the same unmistakable voice from the back of the stand, comes a low, deliberate and piercing growl: "get in tae these motherf*****s".

I ****ing pashed myself, I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard at a Hibs game. In all the years I've never heard the guy swear (before or since) though I'm sure he must have - but he built up to it beautifully. Still funny...

IWasThere2016
02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Last pre-season's game at RRFC. One of oor guys lashed it oot the park onto Pratt St. The baw struck some auld guy's letterbox and bounced away doon the road. Ten seconds later the auld boy's oot and looking up and doon the street to see who's rapped his door and boogered off! Classic! :faf: Made the game infinitely more enjoyable for Jonty and me! :agree:

Also late 70's cup replay at EEP after a 1-1 at ER v the Pars. Deep into ET, and Hibs are hanging on grimly for a 1-2 victory. Ralphy Callaghan whacks the boy oot at head height into the away enclosure .. quick as a flash ma auld boy swerves oot the road and the baw smacks this boy square in the coupon. There's an almighty "SLAAAP" and the boy collapses in a heap .. shouldnae laugh at a fellow Hibby but it was PRICELESS! :faf:

Hainan Hibs
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
A few seasons back at Rugby Park at half time their man comes out, looks at the Hibs fans, and shouts "so, who are you?"

Within an instant the entire stand of hibees begin a 15 minute period of non stop abuse. No one in the entire stadium could hear the guy and half way through he realises he made a massive mistake and wimpers "eh.....alright...eh.....ha....ha...eh......come on lads.....eh" and walks off nearly greetin while the stand of hibs fans continues with the songs and piss taking. Was hilarious to be at:thumbsup:

HibeeSince82
02-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I remember a game against kilmarnock..think it was an opening game to the season when blobby was in charge, was in the east stand and some guy got up and shouted

"Eugene Dadi! Your no the daddy! Im the daddy and im gonna eat you"

Was pretty funny as there was no excitement on the field. Even the players started laughing

jabis
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
EUFA cup v Videoton

We miss a penalty.

guy behind me screams "Houchen,if you had 6 free shots at John Lennon,he'd still be alive ! "

:faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
When Bobby Thomson shoved the linesman in a game against St Johnstone which we won 9-1 I think, wot a bam he was!

DrSpaceMonkey
02-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Got hit on the back of the head by charlie :asshole: adam shot :duck:i was in the top tear of the famous five stand! we did win 2-1 so that made up for it

7Hero
02-09-2009, 02:38 PM
i love these posts and i always reply the same...

Preseason couple years back (think it was maka's first game), ball rollls out of play..

Policeman kicks the ball back...

Voice from the corwd shouts :

"Bet that's no the first time you've put the boot in"

oh how we laughed....

Teo10
02-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I remember a game against kilmarnock..think it was an opening game to the season when blobby was in charge, was in the east stand and some guy got up and shouted

"Eugene Dadi! Your no the daddy! Im the daddy and im gonna eat you"

Was pretty funny as there was no excitement on the field. Even the players started laughing

Wondered how long it would be before this was mentioned. Remember it like it was yesterday...still have a giggle thinking about it, I had no voice my the start of the second half! He did ask for it though, I remember at one point we didn't have a clue what to sing so it was a mixture of YAAS and laughing and other random noises! :faf: still brings a tear to my eye!! "Killie Legend":faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
The day we were away at Dunfermline and it was the first game on that horrendous arsetroturf stuff. High heid yin knob-ends like Ian Rush were on the pitch taking peno's and a guy runs on in the buff and did and ill advised Klinsmann style dive. Third degree carpet burns that you should only ever see on a busy hooker's back.

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
1 )Paul Hartley warming up behind the goals.

Didnt realise that the ref had re started the game with a stott up. He runs onto the pitch and boots the ball back up the other end.

He gets booked, they get a free kick and we lose a goal. At least as far as I remember.

2 ) Somebody throwing a bar of soap at Mark Hately from the East Stand.

Gus Fring
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
The sprinklers have made me chuckle the last few games hitting the subs or groundsmen.

Once at halftime they did the ten second challenge about 10 kids ran up take there shots and get a mild cheer or clap depending on if it goes wide or in. Then this tiny wee laddie, must have been about 5 and wearing a top that was clearly 3 sizes to big, pelts it into the box and blasts it past the keeper and the cheer he got was nearly as good as if the hibees themselves had scored

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
After the journey up from lancashire for the first game of the season, imagine how funny it was to see Colin Nish line up in the first eleven. My friends and i thought it was a candid camera sketch, we were all in stitches laughing. We all know how Yogi likes a laugh, but then the game started, and Nish was still on the pitch, and the joke was on us.:devil:

ginger_rice
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
The old east terracing at a derby game must have been '72 or '73 when a great big welly boot came flying through the air over no mans land into the Hibs support, all the way home I was looking for someone limping home with only one boot on :greengrin

HFC 0-7
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Couple of funny things I remember from Easter Road. First one was when I was sitting with my Dad in the old main stand, at the end nearest the north. I think we were playing east fife and we were pumping them 5 - 1. Theire goally came up right infront of where we were sitting to get the ball and cool as you like the guy sitting next to me stood up and said Haw keeper, whats the score, the keepers face was a picture.

Second funniest thing was when we were playing dunfermline, I was sitting in the east. One Dunfermline player cropped one of ours right infront of the stand. He turned around to the stand and blew the fans a kiss. One boy stood up and chucked a half eaten pie right in his dish! Priceless!

ancient hibee
02-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Many years ago -still the old high main terracing -we are hanging on(drawing or winning just)crowd whistlng for time up-defender boots the ball high up on the terracing-some boot-guy in raincoat and cap catches it,turns,runs to the top of the terracing and boots the ball into the old car park-even the ref was laughing and sportingly blew for time up as soon as a new ball appeared.

HFC 0-7
02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Not something that happened to me but I can remember my dad telling me that when he was sitting in the old main stand (Years ago) the noise was that loud that a birds nest fell out of the rafters and hit him on the head. I know if I was around and seen that I would be laughing at him!

McHibby
02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
The day we were away at Dunfermline and it was the first game on that horrendous arsetroturf stuff. High heid yin knob-ends like Ian Rush were on the pitch taking peno's and a guy runs on in the buff and did and ill advised Klinsmann style dive. Third degree carpet burns that you should only ever see on a busy hooker's back.

That has just reminded me of seeing a streaker. I was pretty p*shed :faint: so I might be wrong, but I am certain it was at Tynecastle when we played St Johnstone in the CIS semi. Does anyone else remember this?

The_Todd
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Not at a Hibs game, but took the girlfriend to a Falkirk match (her team) vs Killie - Garry Hay comes over to take a throw in, and folk around the tent (it's NOT a stand!) start shouting "Hay!" "Hay!!!" "HAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!" at him.

Garry Hay promptly flucks up the throw-in and ends up just dropping the ball.

Nothing pants-wetting, but fairly amusing.

Billie Jo
02-09-2009, 06:48 PM
That has just reminded me of seeing a streaker. I was pretty p*shed :faint: so I might be wrong, but I am certain it was at Tynecastle when we played St Johnstone in the CIS semi. Does anyone else remember this?
Aye, I think he got a bit stuck trying to get back over the gate. :faf:

Jones28
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM

Hilarious, specially when he caught his n#knads on the gate:thumbsup:

erin go bragh
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
pretty sure it was season 98. we took a healthy crowd to dunfermline. our end was pretty much packed when the hibs players ran out just to warm up when kevin harper clicked his own heels and done a summersalt. as quick as a flash a guy beside us shouted penalty[our whole end burst out laughing] :greengrin

Bamba
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
My favourite shout was from last season vs Kilmarnock at home when one man behind me - so incensed at a poor referee decision, leaned on my back thus throwing his voice further, letting out this iresome rant -

"Referee, I'm going to follow you home and **** your wife"

Billychaotic182
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
There was one game last season when me had Mike 'simple the best' McCurry for a ref. He was having a stinker so we started chanting "Mike McCurry your a ******"

Then right after we stopped the away fans started.

Another from last season was when rankin scored the sqiggler. Right as he took the shot my brother yelled "waht ya doing ya daft cunnnnn-GOOOAAAL"

everyone around him at the FF lower were p*ssin themselfs

ian cruise
03-09-2009, 12:39 AM
either

1) deal shields scoring a penalty and celebrating by punching craig gordon (that's the way i chose to remember it!),

2) collins on scotsport just after he left hibs, think it wasa mixus forst game incharge. hibs results left till last. deano scores a hattrick and the last question of the whole show is " and Dean Shields scored a hattrick, now he's not a player you ever really rated John, so what do you think about that?"

Auckland Hibs
03-09-2009, 04:34 AM
I once witnessed a man being booked for being repulsively-ugly, sheer comedy in the east terracing that day :greengrin

matty_f
03-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Last pre-season's game at RRFC. One of oor guys lashed it oot the park onto Pratt St. The baw struck some auld guy's letterbox and bounced away doon the road. Ten seconds later the auld boy's oot and looking up and doon the street to see who's rapped his door and boogered off! Classic! :faf: Made the game infinitely more enjoyable for Jonty and me! :agree:

:tee hee: that was brilliant. The highlight of a truly awful evening.

I remember going to East End Park for the game where Proctor was in charge (we won 4-0, or 4-1) and there was a guy right at the back of the stand who got told to sit down by the steward, the boy sat down - but when the steward started down the steps again the boy stood up.

So the steward goes back up, gets him to sit down and heads back down the stairs. Guy gets up again.

Third time, the steward is back up, this time the crowd are starting to give the steward some stick. I think he might have even got the polis along the 3rd time.

As the guy sits down and the steward heads down the stairs again, with the guy well and truly told that he has to sit down, someone starts the chant....

"Stand up, if you hate Jam Tarts" - everyone's on their feet! :faf:

In fairness to the steward, he laughed when it happened too.

Steve-O
03-09-2009, 07:41 AM

:agree::faf:

That was a cracker. IIRC the rugby ball actually hit the football just before Gordon was about to take a free kick and knocked it off the spot he'd placed it on?

Steve-O
03-09-2009, 07:45 AM
A few seasons back at Rugby Park at half time their man comes out, looks at the Hibs fans, and shouts "so, who are you?"

Within an instant the entire stand of hibees begin a 15 minute period of non stop abuse. No one in the entire stadium could hear the guy and half way through he realises he made a massive mistake and wimpers "eh.....alright...eh.....ha....ha...eh......come on lads.....eh" and walks off nearly greetin while the stand of hibs fans continues with the songs and piss taking. Was hilarious to be at:thumbsup:

Oh aye I remember this one as well, classical stuff :faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Big Frank Dougan wiping out some of the seats at Daugavpils "stadium" when he attempted to have a seat was quite amusing!

Frogga
03-09-2009, 08:59 AM
At Love St during the time that Tommy Craig was caretaker in early 2008 we were losing 2-0 and the guy behind me was raging... "***** sake Hibs, this is p*sh" etc... and he kept getting himself worked up to the point where he screamed: "I can't take anymore of this, I'M GETTING FRUUUUSSSTRRRAAAATTEEDD!!!!"

:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
03-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Many moons ago, we were playing Falkirk in an evening game(brockville)it was freezing and we were all huddled near the halfway line and a shot whizzed past the post,sailed into the terracing where there were no supporters,except folk buying pies and bovril from a pie stand and as the ball is flying into the terracing a lad turns around from the pie stand carrying 2 bovrils and is hit square in the coupon, there is two large puffs of steam rising into the cold night,had everyone pi55in themselves.Couldnae believe it,what were the chances in an empty part of the ground?

hibs1875aye
03-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Being at Ibrox and hearing some smart arse asking "what is he going to do" as Ivan was brought on before demolishing the huns. The rest, is history. :greengrin

Emerald
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Can't remember anything about the match, who we were playing or when, although I think it was the early 90's. I was in the East terracing and the ball got whacked out for a throw in, into the old main stand. There was a guy struggling past everyone in the front row with two cups of something hot. Everyone in the east were following the path of the ball as it smashed the two cups oot his hands. The whole place was in uproar, he just stood looking at the his empty hands, probably thinking of the total waste of time and money he had just had, brilliant! :thumbsup:

The other was the best comment I ever heard at a game. Love Street in the 90's and Victor (hard Spaniard built like a tank) was playing for them. He hacked the Hibs players off the park for most of the game, but late on he was fouled by a Hibs player. He starting complaining to the ref about the awful takle, when a guy in the crowd shouted "you've got a brass neck Victor", to which someone else replied, "naw, he's nae f.....g neck". The fact he didnt actually have a neck just a big heid perched on a tank like body still has me chuckling now. :faf:

ScottB
03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
At home to Gretna, when Zarabi made his debut (haha) boy behind me was chanting for O'Brien to come on for 70 odd minutes.

Finally AO'B comes on, literally his first touch of the ball is greeted by the same guy with cries of 'O'Brien! Your p1sh!!'

:greengrin

Chuckie
03-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Thierry Gathuessi against St Mirren (?) a while back.. Picks the ball up in our half, glides through half their team down the right wing, skinning about 4 players, through the middle, in and out, like Maradona, gets to the edge of their box goes to hit it, and falls flat on his arse.

Boy I was with sarcastically goes 'Nice one Chimbonda'

SidBurns
03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
So many to choose from, a few which have already been covered but whilst at a Hibs v St Johnstone match at McDermaid Park some of our fans started singing "Moose sh***in b*****d your just a moose sh***in b*****d" which was directed at Nick Dasovic (sp?). BEAUTY!

Laurs
03-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I can remember playing st. Johnstone in Perth and sum poor mug dislocated his shoulder throwing the ball back after sauzee had scored a free kick! It was so rammed that we had to sit in the home end. Shame goal down and a trip to the hospital....

Bayern Bru
03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Most of the chants from the preseason against Shamrock this year, but especially 'If you hate the Hearts, shoes awwf!'

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs181.snc1/6016_580449587582_37108957_34786517_4246138_n.jpg

(shoes in centre of the pic:greengrin)

I would have taken a picture earlier but I was doubled up laughing. :rolleyes:

erin-go-bragh87
03-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Most of the chants from the preseason against Shamrock this year, but especially 'If you hate the Hearts, shoes awwf!'

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs181.snc1/6016_580449587582_37108957_34786517_4246138_n.jpg

(shoes in centre of the pic:greengrin)

I would have taken a picture earlier but I was doubled up laughing. :rolleyes:

:agree:

Along with the Ballgirl Gie Us a Wave and Fireman chants. The whole game was a cracking laugh!!! But the best bit was the first outing(I Think) of the new Nade song!!!

I think a crappy game of football might have broken out in amongst all the funny songs aswell!!

rightwinger
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
The rugby ball incident against Hearts was a classic.

(Pedant alert:) Keith Houchen missed the penalty v Standard Liege rather than Videoton.

Always some great one-liners to be heard. v Dundee Utd, Rob Jones getting a lecture from one of the smaller refs - 'Dinnae talk doon tae him Jones!'

Dnipro player getting treatment from the physio at ER: 'Get up you ya f****n nobody'

Once I was at a Dundee-ICT cup semi at Hampden. A high ball lands two inches behind the linesman's head and he doesn't move, flinch or even appear to notice. The guy in front stands up, smacks his head and shouts 'MCFLY!!!' a la Back to the Future.

First game of the season against St Mirren, Rankin, Cregg and McCann share some tidy passes on the right flank before the ball's thumped up to Nish. Guy near by: 'Well that's more passes than we had all of last season so thats a start'

Rangers game last season - there's a noticeable amount of empty seats at the Dunbar End: Fan A points this out to his mate who says matter of factly - 'aye - one of the ferries must have broken down'.

Peevemor
03-09-2009, 02:05 PM
(Pedant alert:) Keith Houchen missed the penalty v Standard Liege rather than Videoton.

It was FC Liege - you can't out-pedant me!:greengrin

The Crippler
03-09-2009, 02:13 PM
There was a game at home to Airdrie in the early 90s, one of those typically brutal ones where you were guaranteed a red card or two. Anyway, an Airdrie player was injured in front of the East Terrace and their physio had to come on. As he ran on, he shoulder-barged Pat McGinlay (may have squared up to him but memory is vague there) which angered the nearby fans who booed him as he gave treatment. Instead of being intimidated by this, the physio walked the long way back to the bench past all the Hibs fans, eyeballing them all the way as he took the abuse. It was funny but maybe because I was separated from this psycho by a fence.

Couple of other things also from the 90s:
End of season game and Hibs youth players are sent out at full time to thank the fans with a piece of printed card each. Not sure the message "HTAKN YUO" was what Hibs intended but it seemed to fit the shambolic nature of our club at the time.

Also remember a game where Mickey Weir pulled St Johnstone fatty John McLelland's shorts down. Don't think he got booked for it. How the game has changed...

rightwinger
03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
It was FC Liege - you can't out-pedant me!:greengrin

Indeed it was. What a rookie mistake!

A certain JM Bosman played for them that night I believe.

skipster7
03-09-2009, 02:20 PM
When Bobby Thomson shoved the linesman in a game against St Johnstone which we won 9-1 I think, wot a bam he was!
he was a complete bampot.the game you are thinking of was 4-1 hibs with a willie irvine hat-trick, and he pushed the linesman because there was a hibs player lying injured about 30 yards out (playing john brogan onside ) when st johnstone scored at which point tommo lost it despite us being about 3-0 up at the time !!!.
dont think he ever got a look in after that.:greengrin

sleeping giant
03-09-2009, 02:31 PM
There was one game last season when me had Mike 'simple the best' McCurry for a ref. He was having a stinker so we started chanting "Mike McCurry your a ******"

Then right after we stopped the away fans started.Another from last season was when rankin scored the sqiggler. Right as he took the shot my brother yelled "waht ya doing ya daft cunnnnn-GOOOAAAL"

everyone around him at the FF lower were p*ssin themselfs

That was the Aberdeen fans:thumbsup:
Fairly humerous bunch:agree:

soupy
03-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Big Frank Dougan wiping out some of the seats at Daugavpils "stadium" when he attempted to have a seat was quite amusing!

Haha, remember that well,

just picturing big frank, and Nade on a seasaw:faf:

GlesgaeHibby
03-09-2009, 02:45 PM
After the journey up from lancashire for the first game of the season, imagine how funny it was to see Colin Nish line up in the first eleven. My friends and i thought it was a candid camera sketch, we were all in stitches laughing. We all know how Yogi likes a laugh, but then the game started, and Nish was still on the pitch, and the joke was on us.:devil:

:faf::faf::top marks

WestEndHibee
03-09-2009, 03:04 PM

And then the next day in the papers there were photos splashed on the back page of gordon looking as if he was running with the egg. worked perfectly:faf::top marks

jabis
03-09-2009, 03:28 PM
There was a game at home to Airdrie in the early 90s, one of those typically brutal ones where you were guaranteed a red card or two. Anyway, an Airdrie player was injured in front of the East Terrace and their physio had to come on. As he ran on, he shoulder-barged Pat McGinlay (may have squared up to him but memory is vague there) which angered the nearby fans who booed him as he gave treatment. Instead of being intimidated by this, the physio walked the long way back to the bench past all the Hibs fans, eyeballing them all the way as he took the abuse. It was funny but maybe because I was separated from this psycho by a fence.

Couple of other things also from the 90s:
End of season game and Hibs youth players are sent out at full time to thank the fans with a piece of printed card each. Not sure the message "HTAKN YUO" was what Hibs intended but it seemed to fit the shambolic nature of our club at the time.

Also remember a game where Mickey Weir pulled St Johnstone fatty John McLelland's shorts down. Don't think he got booked for it. How the game has changed...

McLelland(7"6) then turned to Mickey(4"11) and gave him a kiss :faf:

A BIIIG thank you to all the pedants also :agree:

HibeeUnderwood
03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Its a wee bit hard to remember but I have a couple

We played Dundee Utd in 2003 at ER in a 1-1 draw and frankly it wasn't the greatest performances ever, but a guy sitting a few rows behind me picked on Craig James from the moment the game kicked off till the moment he was subbed.(He actually continued 5 mins after but you get the idea) He was initially being an erse but after about 30 mins into the game, He started to say some pretty funny things. It was early in the second half and he just blurted out

"CRAIG JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T CROSS THAT ****ING BALL THEN I'M GONNA CHOP YOU UP AND FEED THE JUICY BITS TO MA DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was 10 at the time and it was bloody hilarious :greengrin

A couple of seasons we played Sellick at ER and the guy sitting a few seats away from me picked on a few of the celtic players and just shouted

"BORUC, CALDWELL, HARTLEY, SAMARAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUMMER TRANSFER TAE BUM BOYS UNITED FC! JUST SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE! YE'LL BE PAYED IN COCK! YA PRICKS!

It was something to do seeing as we were losing the game, it livened a few up the the Famous Five thats for sure!

iwasthere1972
03-09-2009, 05:17 PM
In about 1983/84 I queued for about 20 minutes on the east terracing for pies for me and the bruv. I was not a happy chappy when I found out when it was my time to put in my much awaited order they only sold match programmes. :doh: :grr:

hibbybrian
03-09-2009, 06:10 PM
he was a complete bampot.the game you are thinking of was 4-1 hibs with a willie irvine hat-trick, and he pushed the linesman because there was a hibs player lying injured about 30 yards out (playing john brogan onside ) when st johnstone scored at which point tommo lost it despite us being about 3-0 up at the time !!!.
dont think he ever got a look in after that.:greengrin

I remember it as Arthur Duncan lying flat out in the opposition 6 yard box after a Hibs attack (Dunbar end) the ball was cleared into Hibs half and Hibs returned the ball into the opposition half only to be flagged offside as Arthur was still lying flat out :confused:

mind you the old memory occasionally plays up :greengrin

jabis
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I remember it as Arthur Duncan lying flat out in the opposition 6 yard box after a Hibs attack (Dunbar end) the ball was cleared into Hibs half and Hibs returned the ball into the opposition half only to be flagged offside as Arthur was still lying flat out :confused:

mind you the old memory occasionally plays up :greengrin

A certain Mr McCoist,playing for Killie.

after yonks of getting "who ate all the pies"......scores :grr:

He ran all the way down the East Stand,with his shirt up patting his belly,and grinning like a cheshire cat....I wasn't the only one who laughed and gave him a clap :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Gazza booking the ref after he dropped his yellow card at Ibrox a few years back, the ref in-turn booking Gazza (what an erse).

Game at Dunfermline a few years ago, a long high diagonal pass in defence which was going over Willie Millers head (no-one within 30 feet of him). Rather than letting the ball sail over his head and out for a throw-in, he jumped up and caught the ball. Second yellow card and off the park, what a plum.

Sitting at Ibrox having the usual “banter” with the friendly locals sitting over the steward wall. One particular hun was giving it the big-one to the hibs fans, he had a black eye and one of the hibees shouted….”sit down and shut-it you fat-hun-cant or you’ll get another ****ing black-eye”…..even the other huns around the bloke where pissing themselves laughing.

A few years ago during one of our away trips in the Scottish Cup with the IEC bus (think it was Montrose), Dickie jumped the wall and started warming up with the subs during the game, brilliant!

goosano
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
That was the Aberdeen fans:thumbsup:
Fairly humerous bunch:agree:

Indeed

Remember a season or so back the East singing 'You're just a bunch of sheep sh*****g bas***ds'

Back from the Aberdeen end came 'We're just a bunch of sheep sh*****g bas***ds'

sleeping giant
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Indeed

Remember a season or so back the East singing 'You're just a bunch of sheep sh*****g bas***ds'

Back from the Aberdeen end came 'We're just a bunch of sheep sh*****g bas***ds'
I remember that too:agree:

It shut us up:greengrin

Fair play to them:thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
A Boxing Day game in the 80's at home to Rangers. Hun dressed in a santa suit in the Dunbar end before such outfits were ten-a-penny. Wee laddie in front of us in the East Terracing says "there's santa" to dad who pretty much ignores him. Later in the game Hibs score and "Santa" doesn't take too kindly to the goal and is promptly lifted. Same laddie says to his dad with some concern "Santa's getting arrested". Dad replies "that's no the real Santa, santa's no a protestant!" :hilarious Doubled over the barrier laughing.

sleeping giant
03-09-2009, 09:10 PM
A Boxing Day game in the 80's at home to Rangers. Hun dressed in a santa suit in the Dunbar end before such outfits were ten-a-penny. Wee laddie in front of us in the East Terracing says "there's santa" to dad who pretty much ignores him. Later in the game Hibs score and "Santa" doesn't take too kindly to the goal and is promptly lifted. Same laddie says to his dad with some concern "Santa's getting arrested". Dad replies "that's no the real Santa, santa's no a protestant!" :hilarious Doubled over the barrier laughing.

:faf:

lyonhibs
03-09-2009, 10:17 PM
:agree::faf:

That was a cracker. IIRC the rugby ball actually hit the football just before Gordon was about to take a free kick and knocked it off the spot he'd placed it on?

Not quite, I think it just bobbled in front of the ball and he had to boot it out of the way in order to take thier free kick. It was just the way the stadium had gone relatively quiet and you could hear the rugby ball's 1st thud off the turf :faf: Truly genius timing!!!

The usage of the phrase "you complete trumpet" by a mate at Killie away last season will live long in the memory!!

In a peverse way, the funniest thing I have ever seen at ER was Ian Brines refereeing performance at ER against Morton in the CIS Cup.

Celtc or Hearts would still have a case lodged with the Court of Appeals if they'd been on the end of that display.

hibs0666
04-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Was sitting in the front row of a pretty deserted old south stand with my brother at a game versus celtic. It was a midweek game and there was maybe 100 people in and maybe 90% of them were sellik.

I think hibs were winning and my bro was giving it the fatso to two or three mankies, including one really fat celtic-top-wearing bearded bloke who was getting particularly irate at the wind-up.

Anyhow the steward saw what was going on and got the polis up to give us a row. However we, politely but firmly, made the case that it was the home end, and fat celtic supporters shouldn't be there. On considering the evidence the polisman then wandered up the wooden stairs to give fat beardy boy a row instead. And my brother was one step behind the polisman, still giving it the fatso to a jist-aboot-greetin fat beardy boy who had to just sit there and take both the row and the gestures.

Anyhow Hibs survived a massive onslaught to win 2-1 I think, and we had to come out with all the tims leaving from the Dunbar End, walking along the pavement towards the Albion Bar. One of them, obviously disappointed at losing to the original greens and recognising my brother as the wind-up merchant of his fellow brethren, decides he's going to run across the road and have a swing. What he didn't notice were the railings at the edge of the pavement between us and him.

You can probably see what's coming - shame for the boy he didn't as he just about took his own kneecaps off. :wink:

A win over that mob - magic. A win plus a top wind-up - classic. A win plus a wind up plus a fhanny making a fhanny of himself - priceless. :thumbsup:

EH6 Hibby
04-09-2009, 08:35 AM
There was a guy lying sleeping across 5 seats in the East Stand last season, I'm sure it was against the Yams as well, I know Mixu's football wasn't the best to watch but I thought that was taking things a bit far! :greengrin

Hibiza
04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Being hitn with a pie in the face from the east enclosure. Scored 2 in the 2nd half. (rip0

John MacDonald (hungers) being fouled in the centre circle and diving for a penalty.

proud_and_green
04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Not unique, but...,

A guy pee'd down the back of my mate's legs in the old east terracing in the early 80s late 70s. How we laughed and stood away from him and his stinking wet legs!!!!

Actually i think that was the same game that he got hit on the back of the head with a pie aimed at someone on the park but which dropped short!!!

Lucky white heather!!!

hibbymark
04-09-2009, 04:36 PM
The look on a blokes face a couple of years ago when he realised the que for derby tickets went all the way from the albion bar past the ticket office then snaked down the full lenth of the west stand(both sides). he shouted"this is ******* ridiculous bring back williamson"

didnt have the guts to say anything when i watched him walk down the road still moaning as he joined the que for these silly ristbands!

franco
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
For me has to be the league cup final we player rangers at at parkhead when all the band were being booed and coined lol
Best thing for me that day was when i walked in well staggered i think and saw a huge flag with the words- richard gough - simply the beast on it brought a smile to my face.:greengrin

Hibs Spain
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Tortolano breaking clear of everybody on the left-wing, just had to keep running towards the goal for a great chance of scoring.

In his excitement he took the ball too near the touchline and it ran out for a throw-in.:faf:

Well it's funny now but he still got pelters. Haha .. I saw that. At the time I reckon he just lost his bearings cos he ran it out after he'd done all the hard stuff :greengrin I loved him though .. The best crosser of a ball I've ever seen (no wind up)

Hibs Spain
04-09-2009, 07:16 PM
What it says on the tin.

The first thing that springs to mind is the Home game vs AEK Athens. I was sitting with my Dad, Uncle and cousin in the west when we spotted a guy in the AEK support sporting a giant bananna suit...:agree:

They were giving us pelters for the first 15 minutes or so and a few hibees gave them some back - friendly banter at most. Until......... AEK scored, I felt gutted, totally and utterly gutted. The whistle blows, flag goes up - offside.

Ha ha, we started winding them all up as they had been doing to us, the bananna man was going mental, shouting and jumping (well more like bouncing) up and down and the silly bugger slipped and toppled down onto the seat in front - I nearly had to leave there and then to change my underwear :faf:

I had this totally surreal image of a guy in bananna suit slipping and falling forward onto the row in front of him for ages - probably one of those "gotta be there" to find it funny type things, but comical none the less. Benny coming back on to the pitch Terry Butcher style with a mega bandage wrapped round his head after suffering a head knock and with about his first touch lashed one into the net from about 25 yds from the corner of the box area. It was breathtaking. Even he couldn't help laughing. The place was falling about. It was an evening cup game and think it was against Motherwell... Sure we won 6-1 :greengrin

gogsy23
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
the stevie fulton singalong with the east terracing 6-7 years ago, so f****** ugly he is so .....

mickey weir pulling down st johnstones players shorts after duly taking the "mickey" and scoring a wonder goal

but my fave was bout 13 years ago @ starks park midweek game standing behind the goal on the crumbling terrace this boy giving billy findlay dogs abuse evrey time he got the ball,funny thing was it was davie farrell he was confusing him with and this boy never even noticed billy warming up as a sub in front of him for 20 min....clasic

big gogs
05-09-2009, 04:26 PM
a few years ago,we booked our bus into a supporters club in dundee prior to dundee utd hibs a traveller on the bus drank far more than he should have,just before boarding the bus ,he vomited down the front of his jersey,he took off the jersey,shook off most of the vomit turned the jersey inside out ,and put the jersey back on.even his mates kept their distance.

Hibs90
05-09-2009, 04:42 PM
The rugby ball at Craig Gordon. Also remember this time at Tannadice where we were sitting up the back and a guy in the row infront decided to launch his hot pie forward and see who he could hit, smacked a big guy on the back of the head. He then decided to fall asleep on the person next to him's shoulder. :faf: