PDA

View Full Version : Question How does it feel being a Hearts fan?

Col2
02-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Ok put aside your extreme dislike towards our friends from across the city....

...Imagine, even for one minute how it must feel RIGHT NOW being a supporter of Heart of Midlothian.

The reason I ask is I was having lunch with 3 colleagues last week - a Jambo, a Celtic and a Rangers fan and we were talking about Scottish Football - everything from the quality of the football, the financial side and the future. The Jambo got an absolute roasting on just about every topic, mainly because they are run (top to bottom) as a laughing stock and nobody could take his views seriously.

It made me think........Just put yourself in the shoes (or shoe:wink:) of the average Jambo and remember to do this you must remember you are the bigger club, the established Edinburgh team and one that has won the Scottish Cup more regularly than Hibs.

How would it feel? Frustration, dis-engaged or a feeling of denial. Would you even look forward to going to Tynie and how would it feel to have such anger towards the SFA, SPL and the Media? Players who come into the club are in the main picked by your owner who has no football background and visits Edinburgh once a year.

Football is all about pride, community, sense of identity, entertainment and togetherness (IMO). Can you associate Hearts with any of this??

Any thoughts?

lapsedhibee
02-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Football is all about pride, community, sense of identity, entertainment and togetherness (IMO). Can you associate Hearts with any of this??

Eh ..... aye!

HibeeB
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/mybusiness/Cartoons/Itsnotdenial.jpg

How do you post a pic :doh:

Hibercelona
02-09-2009, 11:58 AM
1 minute of being a Hearts supporter = a life time of counciling.

I think i'll pass. :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
02-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Question How does it feel being a Hearts fan?

I once had a really really long smelly and sore jobby, I can imagine it must be a similar feeling and smell to what happened to me that day!!

Sh7te, Smelly and Hurting.

Big Frank
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Humiliating and disgusting. :agree:

aberhibsfc
02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I know, but I can't help it.

How does it feel being a Hearts fan?

Who gives a 5h1t!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
To borrow from the Inspiral Carpets...

"This is how it feels to be lonely,
This is how it feels to be small,
This is how it feels when your word means nothing at all"

Perhaps they were visionaries and wrote it with the Hears support and Shabby in mind...

Kaiser_Sauzee
02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
It must be like watching your Dog die. You know it's not got long left but you refuse to put it to sleep. You become deluded and hope that it will "get better". But it won't. They never do.

RIP Hearts, we hardly knew ye.

scott7_0(Prague)
02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Who gives a 5h1t!!!

Is that not what I said :greengrin

Horse
02-09-2009, 05:09 PM
If I was stupid enough to be a Jambo I'd probably be daft enough to be looking forward to total domestic domination, winning the champions league, getting my name on the 400,000 strong waiting list for a season ticket for the new £50m stand (complete with space shuttle launch pad), seeing world cup stars being signed etc. etc. Mr Romanov has never broken a promise yet has he? Everything is ok at the PBS thank you very much!

I'd also be laughing my head off at you silly, jealous, wee Hobo's who are still desperately clutching at straws because you realise that Hearts are on an entirely different level!

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2009, 05:09 PM
1. Knock out all your teeth with a clawhammer.
2. Bang your head against a wall for twenty minutes.
3. Insert a sharp knife into the frontal lobes of your brain, twist repeatedly.
4. Sit slavering with a tartan blanket around around your knees, craning your neck as you watch the ball fly overhead.
5. Urinate in your trousers and underpants.
6. Believe any nonsense proclaimed by your owner and spouted in the News by Barry Anderson.
7. Try to entice children into public toilets with you.

If you truly seek to empathise with Jambo's, that's the way to go.

the happy hibee
02-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Ok put aside your extreme dislike towards our friends from across the city....

...Imagine, even for one minute how it must feel RIGHT NOW being a supporter of Heart of Midlothian.

The reason I ask is I was having lunch with 3 colleagues last week - a Jambo, a Celtic and a Rangers fan and we were talking about Scottish Football - everything from the quality of the football, the financial side and the future. The Jambo got an absolute roasting on just about every topic, mainly because they are run (top to bottom) as a laughing stock and nobody could take his views seriously.

It made me think........Just put yourself in the shoes (or shoe:wink:) of the average Jambo and remember to do this you must remember you are the bigger club, the established Edinburgh team and one that has won the Scottish Cup more regularly than Hibs.

How would it feel? Frustration, dis-engaged or a feeling of denial. Would you even look forward to going to Tynie and how would it feel to have such anger towards the SFA, SPL and the Media? Players who come into the club are in the main picked by your owner who has no football background and visits Edinburgh once a year.

Any thoughts?

I have been thinking about being a hearts supporter for 1 minute and oh how i am jealous of that wee team from leith.:wink: