PDA

View Full Version : Mikael Antoine-Curier

Cocaine&Caviar
02-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I think he will be a very good signing for Hamilton, and a great replacement for Offiong...

Mon Dieu4
02-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Bar a decent performance against Celtc for us I thought he was rank to be honest, maybe decent in the first division but cant see him doing much

Cocaine&Caviar
02-09-2009, 09:29 AM
He had a great work ethic when he was here, but was let down by his poor technique, however he has found goals with 22 in 42 games at Dundee. for a bottom 6 team, a good signing.

Scooter
02-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I thought he was rank. He's not even getting a game for Dundee!

Mag7
02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Lower league player IMHO. He certainly wasn't good enough to play up front for Hibs. Woeful ball control and if he does well for Hamilton he's either improved enormously or the standard of SPL defending is worse than ever!

sahib
02-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Lower league player IMHO. He certainly wasn't good enough to play up front for Hibs. Woeful ball control and if he does well for Hamilton he's either improved enormously or the standard of SPL defending is worse than ever!

I thought his first touch was better than Nish or Killen to be honest. He was a bit ponderous, but not so far behind those two as a target man.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2009, 10:28 AM
No coincidence that now Dundee have a wealthy backer and can afford a bit of quality, MAC gets a sideways shift. Don't know where the Accies are coming from on this one, as they like to keep the ball down and to feet. I think they are just short of players.

Part/Time Supporter
02-09-2009, 10:32 AM
No coincidence that now Dundee have a wealthy backer and can afford a bit of quality, MAC gets a sideways shift. Don't know where the Accies are coming from on this one, as they like to keep the ball down and to feet. I think they are just short of players.

Panic signing

:agree:

aberhibsfc
02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Think he'll do alright, he's sorted out problems that afflicted him earlier in his career.

Wish him all the best, just hope he isn't inspired enough to bag a goal against us. Still figure Hamilton as favourites for relegation.

Hibercelona
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I can see him scoring more goals than Nish, if i'm being fully honest. :tin hat:

Mon Dieu4
02-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I can see him scoring more goals than Nish, if i'm being fully honest. :tin hat:

They are roughly the same age and have scored about the same amount of goals in their careers, Nish has done it at a higher level though

JimBHibees
02-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Very average player personally think Hamilton are going down this year.

Jonnyboy
02-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Very average player personally think Hamilton are going down this year.

Is it two for the drop?

I mean surely Hertz are in the driving seat for the drop :wink: :greengrin

Sandy
02-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Is it two for the drop?

I mean surely Hertz are in the driving seat for the drop :wink: :greengrin

We can but hope :agree::agree::greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I thought his first touch was better than Nish or Killen to be honest. He was a bit ponderous, but not so far behind those two as a target man.

No danger he was as good as Killen. Killen had a good goal scoring record for us and it would have been a lot better if he wasn’t always injured. A-C wasn’t a sick note but when it comes to similar players I reckon he’s more like Lee Miller with less finishing ability and a better work ethic. Having said that, can see him doing ok for Hamilton but would be surprised if he could progress any further.

hibby4ever
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
all i say is good luck to the guy and i hope he bags a couple against hearts.

i really think hamilton are going down this season but i think it could be a 2 way battle with hearts and i really hope hamilton win it and hearts go. so i have to admit hamilton are my second team this season :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
all i say is good luck to the guy and i hope he bags a couple against hearts.

i really think hamilton are going down this season but i think it could be a 2 way battle with hearts and i really hope hamilton win it and hearts go. so i have to admit hamilton are my second team this season :wink:

Falkirk will be in the mix as well. I think Curier will score a few goals though - maybe about 10.

He was over-criticised IMO.

VegasHibby
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I think he will be a very good signing for Hamilton, and a great replacement for Offiong...

Was just about to start a thread about him you beat me to it.
Was actually really surprised to see Dundee let him go. Ok not the most skillful player but his goalscoring record is very impressive especially with Dundee.........

PeterboroHibee
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Was just about to start a thread about him you beat me to it.
Was actually really surprised to see Dundee let him go. Ok not the most skillful player but his goalscoring record is very impressive especially with Dundee.........

While I was suprised Dundee didnt keep him as back up, Jocky Scott hates him; loads of my mates are Dundee fans and supposedly he has become really lazy and is always getting caught offside, and is a bit disruptive on the dressing room.

He has scored a decent amount of goals for them though so might come back to haunt them if they struggle a bit.

hibsdaft
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
i'm looking forward to seeing how he does. i thought he was murder personally.

aberhibsfc
02-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Still better than Nade.