PDA

View Full Version : Media ESPN/Setanta in Oz

BrissieHibbie
02-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Does anyone know if the ESPN which airs in Australia will be getting any SPL games?

Setanta still seems to exist here, with SPL games listed, but not sure who owns it, or how long it will last.

Appreciate any info anyone has...

Steve-O
02-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Does anyone know if the ESPN which airs in Australia will be getting any SPL games?

Setanta still seems to exist here, with SPL games listed, but not sure who owns it, or how long it will last.

Appreciate any info anyone has...

No change in Aussie TV deal, games are definitely on Setanta, which unfortunately for me means no SPL in NZ as they don't broadcast here :boo hoo:

SauzeeJ'adore4
02-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Can confirm this is correct. I signed up to Setanta Australia on Sunday so I could watch the Celtic game. In Oz all ESPN games from home are to be shown on Setanta Australia for the coming season.
Weird set up but that is the situ.
Cheers

rainman
02-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Can confirm this is correct. I signed up to Setanta Australia on Sunday so I could watch the Celtic game. In Oz all ESPN games from home are to be shown on Setanta Australia for the coming season.
Weird set up but that is the situ.
Cheers

Who was commentating on Sunday and what was like?

I actually watched the game but i was that smashed i can't remember a thing about it.