PDA

View Full Version : FAO Petrie and Yogi - bring back Boozy!

Andy
01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Right guys, lets get the message to Rod and the Yogmeister

BRING BACK BOOZY!

The time is now for him to come home to the team he loves.

Haymaker
01-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Really?

*sniff sniff*

RIP
01-09-2009, 08:12 PM

BRING BACK BOOZY!

What - after Yogi said his age limit for new players was 28??

"It has to be calculated, the players concerned have to fit the bill in terms of things like age, guys aged between, say 20 and 28, who either still have their best years in front of them or who are just hitting their peak. "

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/H...hen.5593217.jp

Guillaime is 31 next birthday!!

GreenOnions
01-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree 100% but I don't see it happening unfortunately. Yogi has brought in Cregg and McBride. We already have Thicot, Stevenson and Rankin and he's been trying to get Arfield. I would say it doesn't look like he's been after Boozy.

Assuming we will try again for Arfield in January I can't see the point in bringing in Boozy unless some others are moved on. I suspect we'll make do with what we've got unless Yogi has given up on Arfield.

Andy
01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes I know what your saying but he would bring experience and younger players will learn from him. It's a squad game n everyone will play they're part. 30 isn't that old nowadays look at Graham Alexander. Still feel he's got a few good years in him yet.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2009, 08:18 PM

BRING BACK BOOZY!

Did you see any of his performances in his last six months at Hibs, not very good.....:confused: No thanks....

Lets just concentrate on what we have, which IMO is a pretty decent midfield already

Dalianwanda
01-09-2009, 08:19 PM
No thanks..But thanks for the memories..

The time is right because he doesnt have a club & no other interest..??

MrSmith
01-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes I know what your saying but he would bring experience and younger players will learn from him. It's a squad game n everyone will play they're part. 30 isn't that old nowadays look at Graham Alexander. Still feel he's got a few good years in him yet.

David Wier is about 70 and hes doing ok!

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2009, 08:20 PM
We would definately benefit from a player of his quality. Age and injuries aside, he would be an excellent addition to our squad and to the new passing game that JH wants to introduce. Even if it were only for a year or two. Boozy to feed Zemmama, Zemmama to feed Deeks/Stokes. Sounds good to me. Bring him back :agree:

DaniAndersson
01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Injury-prone player who is probably past his best. He was good a few years ago. Now I think he'd either be a substitute or on the treatment table. I'd rather see the wage (circe £1,500 per week, I'd guess) used on a right back or centre half in the next transfer window.

lumbo_hfc
01-09-2009, 08:24 PM
i agree, get him back to the team he loves, fans favourite in his time here, free, still got a couple of good years in him!! :thumbsup:

atticmonkey
01-09-2009, 08:24 PM
We would definately benefit from a player of his quality. Age and injuries aside, he would be an excellent addition to our squad and to the new passing game that JH wants to introduce. Even if it were only for a year or two. Boozy to feed Zemmama, Zemmama to feed Deeks/Stokes. Sounds good to me. Bring him back :agree:

As i remember it boozy played at sweeper/centre half under Mowbry or JC (not sure which) he did o.k. and is reasonable in the air. I feel he is better working in midfield but this would be another plus if he signed.

brydekirk
01-09-2009, 08:25 PM
think about it.:thumbsup:

Andy
01-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Exactly what I'm getting at. He would fit right into the system yogi is playing. What's wrong with a 2-3 year deal and the youngsters get to learn from him. He's a clever strong player who can keep hold of the ball in difficult situations instead of us having the ball pumped back down our throats all the time. We lose the ball far to easily sometimes. Quite slot on Sunday actually.

Jamie
01-09-2009, 08:30 PM

BRING BACK BOOZY!

Why? Just coz he love's the team?

IMHO we don't need him, its defenders we need.

TheEastTerrace
01-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Am I one of the few who thought Boozy was actually a tad over-rated?? :duck:

glenn6270
01-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Exactly what I'm getting at. He would fit right into the system yogi is playing. What's wrong with a 2-3 year deal and the youngsters get to learn from him. He's a clever strong player who can keep hold of the ball in difficult situations instead of us having the ball pumped back down our throats all the time. We lose the ball far to easily sometimes. Quite slot on Sunday actually.

how many games do you think he would play in 2-3 years not many i think
keep the wage until january dont waste your money rod

MSK
01-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Am I one of the few who thought Boozy was actually a tad over-rated?? :duck:When he turned it on he was a good player..however that wasnae very often.....never say never though..

Spike Mandela
01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Can't we see past ex players and ex Falkirk players?

Yogi and Rice claim to be up and down the country all the time looking at players. Not much evidence of it in this window.:bitchy:

--------
01-09-2009, 08:38 PM

Disagree.

His last spell at ER he was blowing hot and cold, sometimes reasonably good, other times entirely anonymous. He's injury-prone, and I'm very far from convinced that he would have helped us hold the ball any better than we did against Celtic.

The club he loves? Like the guy who brought him here, he wasted no time in moving on when a bigger wage-packet was offered - which is his right, OK? But he didn't 'love' Hibs enough even to extend his contract so we could get a fee for him.

Bringing him back would be a total waste of time and precious resources IMO.

brydekirk
01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
clever, yes , strong not so sure, injury prone defo. :thumbsup:

Jay
01-09-2009, 08:43 PM

How do you know that he wasn't offered a deal? I dont know anything like but I think its a bit off to assume we haven't considered him.

If Yogi and co think he's what we need and Boozy accepts the terms offered I would love to see him back. He'd be an expensive signing as a teacher though, we haven't got that sort of budget. If he comes back it would have to be because he could give something on the park that we dont already have. The Boozy that we had before could do that but time has passed and I think we should leave that judgement down to those who can not those who think they can.

Dibben
If we've made savings on the wage bill with these guys going - perhaps a short term deal, where he can prove his fitness, might suit both parties!

BH.

Andy
Disagree.

His last spell at ER he was blowing hot and cold, sometimes reasonably good, other times entirely anonymous. He's injury-prone, and I'm very far from convinced that he would have helped us hold the ball any better than we did against Celtic.

The club he loves? Like the guy who brought him here, he wasted no time in moving on when a bigger wage-packet was offered - which is his right, OK? But he didn't 'love' Hibs enough even to extend his contract so we could get a fee for him.

You mean he tried to better himself by moving to a different team. If someone came to you at yourwork and offered you 4 times the wages to go to go to a bigger company and challenge yourself. You would say no would you. Barry Ferguson loves Rangers n still moved on. Can't blame simons for trying to better their career, football or not football.

His passing ability goes with our style of play. Everyone has their opinion though.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I was offered 200k a year to be Christian Nade's fitness trainer which is far more than I earn just now.

But I just couldn't do it. I pride myself on results and couldn't see myself delivering tangible success.

Money isn't everything.

...WentToMowAnSPL
01-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I was offered 200k a year to be Christian Nade's fitness trainer which is far more than I earn just now.

But I just couldn't do it. I pride myself on results and couldn't see myself delivering tangible success.

Money isn't everything.

That could well earn a place in my sig ! well done PH :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Boozy was vastly over rated IMO.

He only lived up to expectations once in every 20 games.

He's old and past it.

down the slope
01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
No thank's he was not the player of two years ago-time to move on.

--------
You mean he tried to better himself by moving to a different team. If someone came to you at yourwork and offered you 4 times the wages to go to go to a bigger company and challenge yourself. You would say no would you. Barry Ferguson loves Rangers n still moved on. Can't blame simons for trying to better their career, football or not football.

His passing ability goes with our style of play. Everyone has their opinion though.

I said it was his right, OK?

I'm just not sure he would fit into our midfield now.

Who drops out? There are good reasons IMO not to drop any of the regular four - McBride, Cregg, Rankin and Wotherspoon each bring something to the team, not least enbergy and workrate. Boozy's passing ability would have to be very good indeed to compensate.

I think we'd be far better-advised to put the cash back in a high-interest account and wait till January, myself.

In three months Yogi's strengthened the squad, begun introducing some of last year's U-19s, and cut out a lot of dead wood. Seems reasonably good going to me.

But "the club he loves"? I don't think so.

ancient hibee
Much better to coach McBride to improve his range of passing rather than concentrating on playing the easy ball.

Andy
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't see why people wouldn't take him back. It's costing us nothing. As someone said above. Even a 1 year deal to prove himself. We've released players so there's some budget released for wages. If it pays off brilliant if not it's only a years deal.

Jay
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I don't see why people wouldn't take him back. It's costing us nothing. As someone said above. Even a 1 year deal to prove himself. We've released players so there's some budget released for wages. If it pays off brilliant if not it's only a years deal.

How do you know he's not been offered a one year deal and knocked it back? Like I say I have no info but you have started a thread having a go at Yogi and Petrie and seem to have no facts. :confused:

Gerard
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Andy;2158411]I don't see why people wouldn't take him back. It's costing us nothing. As someone said above. Even a 1 year deal to prove himself. We've released players so there's some budget released for wages. If it pays off brilliant if not it's only a years deal.[/QUOTE

If JH thinks that he will add value to his team then perhaps a play as you go contract:wink:
G

Andy
01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
How do you know he's not been offered a one year deal and knocked it back? Like I say I have no info but you have started a thread having a go at Yogi and Petrie and seem to have no facts. :confused:

Where did I have a go, I just said bring him back. Is my opinion

MyJo
01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Bring him back and play him as sweeper with Hogg and Bamba as centre halfs and Wotherspoon and Hanlon as wing-backs :aok:

Jay
01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Where did I have a go, I just said bring him back. Is my opinion

Apologies, you didn't 'have a go' in that sense. What I suppose I meant was that you were calling for something and insinuating nothing was done when nobody really knows what if anything was done.

snooky
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Every player can have on off day. I think we all accept that fact.
As long as they give 100%, that's all we can ask.
For me Boozy only played when it came up his humf and that's simply not good enough in my view. He could be a great player on his day but 'his days' were far too few.
Shame.

Jim44
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I can't make up my mind about Beuzelin's value to us. I suspect that he has spent several weeks training with Celtic in the hope of an offer from them but that now seems unlikely. There was a rumour of him turning down a one year offer from them so I can't see him accepting a one year deal from us. He'll likely end up at D Utd. or Aberdeen or down Gorgie way.

Oscar Lomax
01-09-2009, 09:13 PM

BRING BACK BOOZY!

This is beoming sickening now..... he must be one off the most over rated players ever to grace Easter Road and really a slur on the current midfield who have done nothing wrong. Get a grip and start supporting the current team and manager whom tried very hard to bring in one off Scotlands brightest talents not some washed up has been....and as for coming home to the club he loves he couldnt wait to leave for a little more green queens in his pay packet !
:rolleyes:

Andy
01-09-2009, 09:19 PM
This is beoming sickening now..... he must be one off the most over rated players ever to grace Easter Road and really a slur on the current midfield who have done nothing wrong. Get a grip and start supporting the current team and manager whom tried very hard to bring in one off Scotlands brightest talents not some washed up has been....and as for coming home to the club he loves he couldnt wait to leave for a little more green queens in his pay packet !

If it's sickening you don't have to read it you know :wink:

Everyones got their opinion, that's why this is a forum. How boring would it be if we all had the same opinion :wink:

ancient hibee
01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Unlikely to be anywhere near the player he could have been:wink:

Riordans Boots
01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Every player can have on off day. I think we all accept that fact.
As long as they give 100%, that's all we can ask.
For me Boozy only played when it came up his humf and that's simply not good enough in my view. He could be a great player on his day but 'his days' were far too few.
Shame.

:top marks

Also I would just like to mention that we have a strong team that played the smellies on sunday and IMPO, Boozy as much as I loved the guy, would be surplus to requirements in Yogis plans.

RIP
01-09-2009, 09:53 PM

David Wier is about 70 and hes doing ok!

It's not me you have to convince lads. The gaffer has stated categorically that he only wants new players up to age 28. He has a three to five year plan based around a young developing squad.

Sadly a 31-year old Beuzy just doesn't seem to be on Yogi's radar

Iain G
01-09-2009, 10:18 PM
:top marks

Also I would just like to mention that we have a strong team that played the smellies on sunday and IMPO, Boozy as much as I loved the guy, would be surplus to requirements in Yogis plans.

We were crying out for someone like Beuzelin playing against Celtic, especially after they went to 10 men, we had nobody in that midfield retaining the ball and keeping it moving, we resorted to humping it forward in a Bobby Williamson-style. He would have added that little bit of experience and ability on the ball and composure that we lacked for the last 30 mins :agree:

Andy
01-09-2009, 10:25 PM
We were crying out for someone like Beuzelin playing against Celtic, especially after they went to 10 men, we had nobody in that midfield retaining the ball and keeping it moving, we resorted to humping it forward in a Bobby Williamson-style. He would have added that little bit of experience and ability on the ball and composure that we lacked for the last 30 mins :agree:

:top marks At last someone on the same wavelength as me. Totally agree with you Ian G. You can obviously see the same as me. Great post :thumbsup:

--------
01-09-2009, 11:21 PM

:top marksAgree 100%.

Boozy looked very good when he arrived. Mowbray, of course, was talking him up good style, but then, Mowbray talked up every player he signed.

Just at the point when he would have been expected to begin to show just how good he was, he suffered a bad injury against Dunfermline (around the November?) and from then on he was sometimes OK, occasionally good, usually AWOL for large periods of the game. It didn't help that he took other injuries over the period.

He was with us four seasons, and played in 99 games - less than half. Scored 10 goals. Be still, my beating heart! How many of those games did we see hime REALLY playing as Mowbray said he could? A quarter? A third? No more, IIRC.

Why are we constantly looking backwards to the Mowbray team - would we have this one back: that one's free, we should get him, he'd do a job for us; that other one's just the guy to fill the gap so let's go for him and bring him back to 'the team he loves'.

Professional footballers rarely 'love' the clubs they play for. Very few people 'love' their employers. I don't. I work for them, I have a professional relationship with them, they pay me. If Mowbray gives him even a short-term contract at Parkhead (say as a stopgap replacement for Donati) he won't give Hibs a second thought. He'll see us in exactly the same way as Mowbray does, as Caldwell does, as Brown does, as Killen did ....

He's too old, he's had too many injuries, he's not consistent enough, he bailed out before now, and he's been touting himself to the Soapies for a month now. Let him go.

Iain G
02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
:top marksAgree 100%.

Boozy looked very good when he arrived. Mowbray, of course, was talking him up good style, but then, Mowbray talked up every player he signed.

Just at the point when he would have been expected to begin to show just how good he was, he suffered a bad injury against Dunfermline (around the November?) and from then on he was sometimes OK, occasionally good, usually AWOL for large periods of the game. It didn't help that he took other injuries over the period.

He was with us four seasons, and played in 99 games - less than half. Scored 10 goals. Be still, my beating heart! How many of those games did we see hime REALLY playing as Mowbray said he could? A quarter? A third? No more, IIRC.

Why are we constantly looking backwards to the Mowbray team - would we have this one back: that one's free, we should get him, he'd do a job for us; that other one's just the guy to fill the gap so let's go for him and bring him back to 'the team he loves'.

Professional footballers rarely 'love' the clubs they play for. Very few people 'love' their employers. I don't. I work for them, I have a professional relationship with them, they pay me. If Mowbray gives him even a short-term contract at Parkhead (say as a stopgap replacement for Donati) he won't give Hibs a second thought. He'll see us in exactly the same way as Mowbray does, as Caldwell does, as Brown does, as Killen did ....

He's too old, he's had too many injuries, he's not consistent enough, he bailed out before now, and he's been touting himself to the Soapies for a month now. Let him go.

Could he offer us something in games that we don't have at the moment though, which I think he could, brining the ball in shielding it, playing the simple passes and keeping possession and momentum going. Not saying he would play all the time but he offers an alternative to McBride/Cregg/Rankin in the middle of the park and has the ability to find space for himself and hold onto possession.

IMHO he would make a good short term addition to the squad and would be able to tae the passing game we are trying to play onto another level when we need it, as we needed against Celtic when they wen't to 10 men and shut up shop at the back and we ran out of ideas.

More interested in what he could offer Hibs as a player than what he did in the past or how its the club he loves or all of that rubbish :agree:

rainman
02-09-2009, 05:16 AM

Exactly what we've been missing since he left.

As for the "inconsistency", every 4 or 5 games he would be spraying 50 yard passes and doing amazing things with the ball. The rest of the time he would take the ball from the defence and play the easy ball to a midfielder. That's never going to get people off their seats but it is required. Doing that job never gets any recognition.

poolman
02-09-2009, 05:47 AM

BRING BACK BOOZY!

Why :confused:

Where is he going to fit in :confused:

Let's face it, boozy was here and when he was good he was very good, but he's had his time and would not be able to do a job at ER now

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Not sure he does love the club but it doesn't matter whether he loves it or hates it as it's about performance on the park, not an audition for Lassie Come Home.

Liked him as a player, but an older, more injury-prone Boozy in the SPL? No way.

Wish him well, but he's had his day at Hibs.

Yogi has an obvious gameplan (a sensible one in my book) and Boozy evidently ain't a part of it, and I hope he doesn't compromise it by playing to the sentimentalist gallery. Knowing him, I think not.

SON OF PADDY
02-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Disagree.

YOU HAVE JUST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD :top marks NO THANKS :rolleyes:

marinello59
02-09-2009, 07:03 AM

BRING BACK BOOZY!

Come home?
THE team he loves?
The cynic in me doubts that, like any pro he will love the club that pays his wages.

Leitherhibs
02-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Bring Back Boozy!!!!

Captain Trips
02-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Apart from the new guys Cregg and Mcbride can I ask what is so consistant about the midfielders we have at the moment?

Boozy may be hot and cold but so are the rest of the midfield, I would say he is a better passer than anyone there at this time so for me an option worth having. He might just be a different player if not certain to start, IMO there is no way he is any more inconsistant than many at ER now.

marinello59
02-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Apart from the new guys Cregg and Mcbride can I ask what is so consistant about the midfielders we have at the moment?

Boozy may be hot and cold but so are the rest of the midfield, I would say he is a better passer than anyone there at this time so for me an option worth having. He might just be a different player if not certain to start, IMO there is no way he is any more inconsistant than many at ER now.

Surely the whole idea of signing a more experienced player is help the younger guys produce more consistent performances. Boozy would not be that player.

Captain Trips
02-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Surely the whole idea of signing a more experienced player is help the younger guys produce more consistent performances. Boozy would not be that player.

Nothing to do with helping youngsters along, I would sign him based on IMO of course better than some players there now.

He has not done enough in game to be helping on the youth but thats not why I would sign him.

H18sry
02-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Is it just me:confused: but the reason nobody has signed Boozy is down to the fact that he may have lost it? A player with his history and at only 30 does not go into September clubless without an obvious reason.

Good on his day- defiantly
injury prone- without doubt
past it- well I'll let you all decide. :wink:

GreenOnions
02-09-2009, 07:17 AM

As for the "inconsistency", every 4 or 5 games he would be spraying 50 yard passes and doing amazing things with the ball. The rest of the time he would take the ball from the defence and play the easy ball to a midfielder. That's never going to get people off their seats but it is required. Doing that job never gets any recognition.

I agree with this and with the original poster. Beuzelin may not score the sort of goals that raise the roof but, from a technical point of view, his play was always important to the team and entertaining - even when he was simply linking play as described above.

I would definitely offer Boozy a deal with us. I do agree that there is a valid point being made about his age and fitness and how many games he would be fit for.

However, I don't think we have that much strength in depth in his positon at the moment. You always have to consider what would our team be like if there were one or two injuries/suspensions in the same area of the park.

So - bearing in mind the above points and the fact that he is a free agent it could work out for us if we were to offer a short term deal until such time as we either get someone else in (eg Arfield) or Boozy proves himself to be worth a longer contract.

IMHO - if we can afford him Hibs would have to be a lot better than we currently are before we start to ignore someone of Beuzelin's ability.

Not likely to happen though I fear.

GreenOnions
02-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Is it just me:confused: but the reason nobody has signed Boozy is down to the fact that he may have lost it? A player with his history and at only 30 does not go into September clubless without an obvious reason.

Good on his day- defiantly
injury prone- without doubt
past it- well I'll let you all decide. :wink:

There are a lot of footballers without contracts at the moment - and quite a few of them high quality. See credit crunch/recession.

marinello59
02-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Nothing to do with helping youngsters along, I would sign him based on IMO of course better than some players there now.

He has not done enough in game to be helping on the youth but thats not why I would sign him.

How do you know what sort of performance he can produce now?

Captain Trips
02-09-2009, 07:22 AM
How do you know what sort of performance he can produce now?

I dont and nobody knows what any player at ER will produce next week or week after, you can never know what a player you sign will do so that point can be used for anyone.

marinello59
02-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I would sign him based on IMO of course better than some players there now.

I dont and nobody knows what any player at ER will produce next week or week after, you can never know what a player you sign will do so that point can be used for anyone.

There would appear to be some sort of contadiction here. You want to sign him on the basis that he is better than what we have now. But you don't know what he is capable of now?

Brooster
02-09-2009, 07:27 AM
I think Boozy will be a Hibs player by the end of the week.

Captain Trips
02-09-2009, 07:30 AM
There would appear to be some sort of contadiction here. You want to sign him on the basis that he is better than what we have now. But you don't know what he is capable of now?

No contradiction at all IMO I think he is a better player than what we have, he might fail he might not, based on him being at ER which is only marker I have, he is a better player than what we have now.

I do not think that the quality is so great in midfield so yes I think worth the gamble as I said we dont know what any player can do that you sign.

What is any player capable of you sign? you can never say what theyt will be like so based on that should we never sign players?

MB62
02-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I was never a big Boozy fan, brilliant when he was on his game but that just was never often enough for my liking.
However, personally, I would like to see him being offered a contract until the end of January when the next 'window' closes.

I agree with the couple of posters who said we missed somebody of his ability and experience on Sunday when the dodgers went down to 10 men.

I asked myself, sitting in the role between defence and midfield, would he improve on what we already have? I have to say IMO I think he would.

A short term deal until end of January, give him a chance to prove his fitness and worth to us, and if Yogi still can't get the guys he is after in the January window, possibly extend his deal until end of the season if he works out for us.

Of course, as Hiberni-mum says, maybe Yogi already has offered him a deal of this nature and Boozy doesn't fancy it :dunno:

JoeT
02-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Get to January without him and use his wage to throw and extra £100k at Falkirk for Arfield

Sudds_1
02-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Disagree.

:agree::top marks

MB62
02-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Get to January without him and use his wage to throw and extra £100k at Falkirk for Arfield

It's an obvious alternative JoeT, but I can't see us offering Boozy or anybody else the equivelant of £5,000 a week.

Luna_Asylum
02-09-2009, 07:54 AM
We have only one creative midfield player - Zemmama - so urgently need another

If Boozy is fit and will accept 1-2 year deal on say £3K sign him

He played quite brilliantly v the hunz at centre back also until getting sent off for zilch

Scooter
02-09-2009, 07:55 AM
I think Boozy will be a Hibs player by the end of the week.

Did I not say on the private board the boozy will be a hibs player again

GreenOnions
02-09-2009, 07:59 AM
...... maybe Yogi already has offered him a deal of this nature and Boozy doesn't fancy it :dunno:

This could be true. No-one seems to know for sure.

Beefster
02-09-2009, 08:18 AM

If it's sickening you don't have to read it you know :wink:

Everyones got their opinion, that's why this is a forum. How boring would it be if we all had the same opinion :wink:

Looks like you've just answered your own question.

Boozy's been hanging about Celtic all summer, practically pleading for a contract. I don't see why we should step in now that they've decided he's not worth a place in their reserve team.

rainman
02-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Looks like you've just answered your own question.

Boozy's been hanging about Celtic all summer, practically pleading for a contract. I don't see why we should step in now that they've decided he's not worth a place in their reserve team.

Riordan let his contract run down to make sure Celtic wouldn't have to pay anything to us. A dyed in the wool Hibs fan.

Murray jumped at the chance to go to Ibrox. Flicked the vickies at the Hibs support. Also a dyed in the wool Hibs fan.

Boozy is training with his ex-manager who brought him to the country and with a couple of his first mates when he came to Scotland, Brown, Caldwell etc. Don't see why he shouldn't be offered a second chance to come back and play for us.

sadtom
02-09-2009, 08:23 AM

Spot on.
In the last few similar threads i've read some total tripe about Boozy '1 good game in 25', 'le myth' etc. Is it because he doesn't go charging about bumping into people? Dont know what sort of fitba you folks are wanting to watch but keep it as far from me as possible.

He may be injury prone, but its a squad game nowadays and if boozy was fit and able 50% of the time it would do for me.

He's never had any pace to lose so no problem there. He brings experience, composure, an excellent range of passing, the confidence to take the ball in tight positions and a natural football ability that eclipses anything we have in our squad.

As the above quote states, his ability to take the ball in and keep it moving with simple passes is vital in being a good football playing side. In his previous time he was definately the fulcrum of the team.

He could provide good competition for McBride (who i been very impressed with) and i'm sure this would push him to be even better and he'd learn plenty from boozy about playing the holding role.

A 1 year deal (to see if he can still cut it and still has the appetite) with a further year or two option would be a win win situation for me.

Christ, we must be some side if we can turn our noses up at someone of his ability.

Jim44
02-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Is it actually known that he has not been offered any deals from anyone, including Hibs and Celtic? Could it not be the case that he himself is holding out for too much? He must have earned a packet at Coventry judging by the apparent lack of urgency to get on a payroll again.

yekimevol
02-09-2009, 08:38 AM
:thumbsup:i totally agree no one in this current squad can switch a ball in this current squad mcbride done it aganist st m, but was awful against celtic and falkirk and gregg was the same.

JimBHibees
02-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Bring him back and play him as sweeper with Hogg and Bamba as centre halfs and Wotherspoon and Hanlon as wing-backs :aok:

Good idea as pretty sure Yogi has played 3 at the back in the past. Personally I would play Ian Murray instead of Hogg. Boozy is quality and is an exact fit IMO in how Yogi and Chipper want to play the game. We arent that well off that we wouldnt benefit from getting a guy like him in for a season or 2. His ball retention is exceptional at SPL level and who knows Yogi seems to be able to get alot out of other players why not a class act like Boozy. He would strengthen the squad that is for sure be it midfield or a sweeper role.

JimBHibees
02-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Spot on.
In the last few similar threads i've read some total tripe about Boozy '1 good game in 25', 'le myth' etc. Is it because he doesn't go charging about bumping into people? Dont know what sort of fitba you folks are wanting to watch but keep it as far from me as possible.

He may be injury prone, but its a squad game nowadays and if boozy was fit and able 50% of the time it would do for me.

He's never had any pace to lose so no problem there. He brings experience, composure, an excellent range of passing, the confidence to take the ball in tight positions and a natural football ability that eclipses anything we have in our squad.

As the above quote states, his ability to take the ball in and keep it moving with simple passes is vital in being a good football playing side. In his previous time he was definately the fulcrum of the team.

He could provide good competition for McBride (who i been very impressed with) and i'm sure this would push him to be even better and he'd learn plenty from boozy about playing the holding role.

A 1 year deal (to see if he can still cut it and still has the appetite) with a further year or two option would be a win win situation for me.

Christ, we must be some side if we can turn our noses up at someone of his ability.

Good post, totally agree. :agree:

khib70
02-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Spot on.

:top marks Once again some people's obsession with midfielders who "run all day" " "will run through a brick wall" etc is coming to the fore.

A midfielder who can put his foot on the ball, play long or short passes, and change the direction and momentum of the game with a single ball is worth five Duracell bunny types any day for me. Would anyone really choose Desailly over Zidane?

Boozy is a cut above what we have, and indeed what most of the SPL have, and if he's willing and available, we should get him in without delay.

smurf
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
We have only one creative midfield player - Zemmama - so urgently need another

:agree: Absolutely.

Looking at how Stokes plays he appears to play on the shoulder of the last man looking for a wee ball to be put through or one lifted over the top.

At the moment where is these balls going to come from?

Obviously Zemmama can do it for fun but he may not always be fit or available for selection due to international commitments etc etc so who else can really deliver that incisive final ball?

Rankin? With respect...

McBride plays passes for fun but much deeper and Cregg possibly but appears in the main to offer other (excellent) attributes.

So Beuzelin is a fantastic option. He also offers a goal threat and with Rankin, Cregg & McBride i don't see much of a goal threat.

I also have to laugh at Beuzelin being written off by some for being "Too old".:faf:

Captain Trips
02-09-2009, 09:38 AM
If it works or doesnt there is only 1 way to find, for me as no fee involved well worth a punt for a season, he brings some passing abilty.

crewetollhibee
02-09-2009, 10:28 AM
If it works or doesnt there is only 1 way to find, for me as no fee involved well worth a punt for a season, he brings some passing abilty.
EXACTLY ! It must have been obvious to everyone on Sunday that Boozy was the type of player that we needed on Sunday after Greg Louganis was sent off. The link from defence, the wee flicks to players running alongside, the ability to switch play with either foot; all helps when playing against a man short. We have to trust in Yogi and the Tache as to whether he is fit enough and a suitable investment. (Perhaps a basic wage plus pay-as-you play ?). As for constantly looking to bring back former players we are not talking about Brian Kerr here are we ?

Ed De Gramo
02-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Did I not say on the private board the boozy will be a hibs player again

How would Brooster know...he's not a PM :wink:

in-me-pocket
02-09-2009, 11:53 AM
How would Brooster know...he's not a PM :wink:

just to add my tuppence worth in .......

Not wanting Boozy as I don't think he's up to it on a consistent basis but please please we need Rankin replaced. He is the massive weak link in the team - absolutely hopeless.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-09-2009, 11:55 AM

Not wanting Boozy as I don't think he's up to it on a consistent basis but please please we need Rankin replaced. He is the massive weak link in the team - absolutely hopeless.

Take it you haven't noticed the build-up to the majority of our goals this season?

To save you rooting around for the footage, I can tell you that Rankin has been the architect of most of them.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Yogi today - "Even though the window is closed, I still have one or two things going on. It's very much a work in progress and the window being shut doesn't stop business ongoing."

:rockin:

Jim44
02-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Take it you haven't noticed the build-up to the majority of our goals this season?

To save you rooting around for the footage, I can tell you that Rankin has been the architect of most of them.

It never fails to amaze me how differently individuals perceive a footballer's ability. As it happens, I agree with Pedantic_Hibee on this one. I don't understand the criticism Rankin receives.

flash
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Spot on.

What he said.:thumbsup:

in-me-pocket
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM

It never fails to amaze me how differently individuals perceive a footballer's ability. As it happens, I agree with Pedantic_Hibee on this one. I don't understand the criticism Rankin receives.

CR@P.
Too slow, cannae pass, cannae tackle, shooting is woeful. hopeless at headering. Erm, what is a good at exactly ? Making a pest of himself, get out of here. Brown just shrugged him away as if swatting a fly on Sunday.
Rankin is nowhere near good enough and the quicker all you easily pleased numpties realise it, the better.

josef k
02-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Yogi today - "Even though the window is closed, I still have one or two things going on. It's very much a work in progress and the window being shut doesn't stop business ongoing."

:rockin:

I read that as Yogi working towards getting players signed up in the next transfer window?

I am not that fussed either way about bringing Boozy back, although I remember his time at Hibs with affection. On his day one of the best midfielders in Scotland, excllent touch, vision and range of passes. However, he was inconsistent, did drift in and out of games (increasingly so towards the end) and did pick up more than his share of injuries. He is now a couple of years older and has had another serious injury. So worth a gamble (and it would be a gamble) but with a sense of realism.

Luna_Asylum
02-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I read that as Yogi working towards getting players signed up in the next transfer window?

I am not that fussed either way about bringing Boozy back, although I remember his time at Hibs with affection. On his day one of the best midfielders in Scotland, excllent touch, vision and range of passes. However, he was inconsistent, did drift in and out of games (increasingly so towards the end) and did pick up more than his share of injuries. He is now a couple of years older and has had another serious injury. So worth a gamble (and it would be a gamble) but with a sense of realism.

do you know any quality players who never have off games and never get injured or suspended?

Andy
02-09-2009, 12:42 PM
do you know any quality players who never have off games and never get injured or suspended?

Exactly, basically i think its worth the gamble. its not going to break the bank.

Bobo
02-09-2009, 12:45 PM
If Boozy was still of any use he would have been snapped up by Celtic before now.

Mowbray knows Boozy's capabilities better than most and would have offered him a contract had he shown up during his training stints with the Darkheid mob.

Boozy's had his chance with Hibs, time to move on and look to the future.

Luna_Asylum
02-09-2009, 12:59 PM
If Boozy was still of any use he would have been snapped up by Celtic before now.

Mowbray knows Boozy's capabilities better than most and would have offered him a contract had he shown up during his training stints with the Darkheid mob.

Boozy's had his chance with Hibs, time to move on and look to the future.

yea I should have also added never been turned down by another club

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 01:20 PM
yea I should have also added never been turned down by another club

And I see your "Yam status" has been removed. If you persist you win?

marinello59
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Exactly, basically i think its worth the gamble. its not going to break the bank.

How much do you think he would demand in wages per week. Just trying to put a price on this worthwhile "gamble."

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
How much do you think he would demand in wages per week. Just trying to put a price on this worthwhile "gamble."

£2500 per week? He's earning £0 at the moment so I'd guess the wife will be on his back to get earning again. :greengrin

Peevemor
02-09-2009, 01:50 PM
£2500 per week? He's earning £0 at the moment so I'd guess the wife will be on his back to get earning again. :greengrin

:agree: Professional collie buckie racing.

RIP
02-09-2009, 01:52 PM
"However, I'd like to think the fans can see where we are going with the players we have signed already. Those players have their best years in front of them and they just need a bit of guidance to help them to keep producing the goods. One thing about every player at the club that has certainly pleased me since I came is the tremendous spirit they are showing."

Yogi reiterating in today's Scotsman why he's no signing Beuzy?

crewetollhibee
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM
"However, I'd like to think the fans can see where we are going with the players we have signed already. Those players have their best years in front of them and they just need a bit of guidance to help them to keep producing the goods. One thing about every player at the club that has certainly pleased me since I came is the tremendous spirit they are showing."

Yogi reiterating why he's no signing Beuzy?
'Bit of guidance' ? Couldn't Boozy be the man to do that on the park then ? :greengrin

RIP
02-09-2009, 02:15 PM
CR@P.
Too slow, cannae pass, cannae tackle, shooting is woeful. hopeless at headering. Erm, what is a good at exactly ? Making a pest of himself, get out of here. Brown just shrugged him away as if swatting a fly on Sunday.
Rankin is nowhere near good enough and the quicker all you easily pleased numpties realise it, the better.

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant

Too slow - :faf: Ranks is one of the fastest players in the team, both on and off the ball. Definitely the fittest for sure

Cannae pass - Crikey are you on drugs? Again one of the best passers in the team although and is one of the few brave players who try the more ambitious pass. In a team already guilty of the 'square ba' nauseum this is refreshing rather than a crime.

His crosses are sublime. Look at the one for Tenacious D against St Mirren, his cross on Bamba's napper, his fantastic cross to Deek's feet? One of the best placers of a ball I've seen at ER for years.

Cannae tackle - OK, not his strongest suit but I've noticed that he is a lot more competitive this season than last. He's been great so far at recovery tackles e.g. tracking back and winning the ball back. Needs a bit more bite in his 50-50's IMO

Shooting is woeful and hopeless at headering.
Don't we have enough strikers who can do that? Rankin's job is to provide assists and so far this year he has already provided the final ball and created several goals. If only we had more midfielders that were so productive.

Not always effective under Mixu but he really has developed well under Yogi. Hibs most-improved player :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-09-2009, 03:31 PM

Too slow - :faf: Ranks is one of the fastest players in the team, both on and off the ball. Definitely the fittest for sure

Cannae pass - Crikey are you on drugs? Again one of the best passers in the team although and is one of the few brave players who try the more ambitious pass. In a team already guilty of the 'square ba' nauseum this is refreshing rather than a crime.

His crosses are sublime. Look at the one for Tenacious D against St Mirren, his cross on Bamba's napper, his fantastic cross to Deek's feet? One of the best placers of a ball I've seen at ER for years.

Cannae tackle - OK, not his strongest suit but I've noticed that he is a lot more competitive this season than last. He's been great so far at recovery tackles e.g. tracking back and winning the ball back. Needs a bit more bite in his 50-50's IMO

Don't we have enough strikers who can do that? Rankin's job is to provide assists and so far this year he has already provided the final ball and created several goals. If only we had more midfielders that were so productive.

Not always effective under Mixu but he really has developed well under Yogi. Hibs most-improved player :thumbsup:

Aye, what he said.

David Beckham could only do two things, whip in a cross and take a set-piece and that was it. However, those two things he could do, nobody else in the world was his equal.

Whilst I'm not saying for one minute that Rankin is Beckham-like, what he is good at, he's very good. You don't have to be the complete, all-action midfield warrior (read Gerrard and Lampard) to be a quality midfielder.

A trio of Rankin, McBride and Cregg in our midfield provides the neccesities that a team set up to play like ours needs. A little bit of guile, a smidgeon of craft and ample industry, combat and tenacity which gives the likes of Riordan, Stokes, Zemmama and Wotherspoon the space, capacity and freedom to utilise their best attributes.

The fans need a scapegoat and in the absence of AOB, Chisolm and DVZ, it would appear that Rankin is next in line for dogs abuse.

Totally, 100% unwarranted.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
The fans need a scapegoat and in the absence of AOB, Chisolm and DVZ, it would appear that Rankin is next in line for dogs abuse.

Nish had that gig in the bag then we went and benched him.

Golden Bear
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Aye, what he said.

David Beckham could only do two things, whip in a cross and take a set-piece and that was it. However, those two things he could do, nobody else in the world was his equal.

Whilst I'm not saying for one minute that Rankin is Beckham-like, what he is good at, he's very good. You don't have to be the complete, all-action midfield warrior (read Gerrard and Lampard) to be a quality midfielder.

A trio of Rankin, McBride and Cregg in our midfield provides the neccesities that a team set up to play like ours needs. A little bit of guile, a smidgeon of craft and ample industry, combat and tenacity which gives the likes of Riordan, Stokes, Zemmama and Wotherspoon the space, capacity and freedom to utilise their best attributes.

:agree:

I'm sure Rankin's teammates will appreciate his contribution much more than some of "the fans"

Golden Bear
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Boozy's had his time at Hibs and it's now time for both parties to move on.

the happy hibee
02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Aye, what he said.

Its nothing to do with him being a scapegoat its just hes not verygood and ive said that since he came to the club and for us to spend £100,000 on him was a joke!

To go back to the op hibs should get boozy back in a minute because we dont have a midfielder at the club who is beter than him not saying that mcbride, cregg and wotherspoon (who is going to be a great player btw) are not gd players just they cant do what boozy would bring to the club! from the happy hibee son colin!

sahib
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Are you quite sure about this assertion? He looks slow to me. He never seems to get away from opponents. He puts in a power of work, though.

Hibee_Rab
02-09-2009, 06:26 PM

I don't get why people on here always love or hate a player, it seems like they can't except players like makalamby, nish, rankin and riordan (ie ALL PLAYERS) have good and bad points.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't get why people on here always love or hate a player, it seems like they can't except players like makalamby, nish, rankin and riordan (ie ALL PLAYERS) have good and bad points.

:agree: It's always the extreme and there's never any middle ground. Same goes with the argument when folk wanted us to spend money - we had folk saying we should spend nothing 'cos we could be "the next Leeds/Hearts/Gretna"

stokesmessiah
02-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Am I one of the few who thought Boozy was actually a tad over-rated?? :duck:

Absolutely not, i agree wholeheartedly. And futhermore, why do people keep saying the team he loves??? That much that he shot off when someone waved more dough in his face???

whereswallace?
02-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Absolutely not, i agree wholeheartedly. And futhermore, why do people keep saying the team he loves??? That much that he shot off when someone waved more dough in his face???

I dont know why people are using this as a reason for him not to return. The guy saw out not one but two contracts with us,to then go and try his luck in a much superior league to ours.Do we really expect someone to sign for Hibs and stay for the rest of their careers? I think a reality check is needed there. The guy was a good servant to Hibs and a vital member of our cup winning team,some people have short memories.

Boozy14
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Injury-prone player who is probably past his best. He was good a few years ago. Now I think he'd either be a substitute or on the treatment table. I'd rather see the wage (circe £1,500 per week, I'd guess) used on a right back or centre half in the next transfer window.

Can you tell me the last time he was injured??You prob cant as he never missed a game last season through injury,and was involved in 45 games for Coventry,i dont think people understand the injury he had,its a hard one to get back from and he is back to full fitness now!!

col02
02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Short term deal until the January window with Hibs having first option of an extended 18 month deal maybe if he proves a hit? If he proves to be a dud then his wage can be used to bring in a hungrier younger player in the next January window hopefully!

Westie1875
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM

I dont know why people are using this as a reason for him not to return. The guy saw out not one but two contracts with us,to then go and try his luck in a much superior league to ours.Do we really expect someone to sign for Hibs and stay for the rest of their careers? I think a reality check is needed there. The guy was a good servant to Hibs and a vital member of our cup winning team,some people have short memories.

So WW, is he coming back then? :cool2:

whereswallace?
02-09-2009, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=whereswallace?;2159538]

So WW, is he coming back then? :cool2:

He wants to.Wether he does or not is up to Hibs.

Westie1875
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=Westie1875;2159562]

He wants to.Wether he does or not is up to Hibs.

Good stuff, fingers crossed then, I would welcome him back. :pray:

TRIALIST
02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
My take on Boozy's situation is he now has a family to look out for, he's 31 probably looking for his last decent contract if he can get one. He left us because that bigger payday was not forth coming, I assume because of financial constraints, maybe even Mixu, maybe because of his injury record.
His new family are from Scotland and probably want to be back here, nothing wrong with trying your luck along the M8 after it not working out at Coventry and we were not up for paying more.
I think he was a big influence on the 'hibs kids' whilst he was here and would be again. Imo he would be worth having back, a bit of experience would not go amiss in our team at present.
He would fit into the type of midfield Yogi is promoting as against what Mixu produced. Now that we are working with a smaller squad we may be able to afford to offer him a contract. I dont think he was ever a wage thief he did not get knee ligament damage sitting on the bench.
Worth a contract I would say his type of skills dont come along very often.

He was unlucky with injurys during his spell with usinjur

Boozy14
02-09-2009, 08:00 PM

This guy must be a jambo,this must be a wind up Oscar?????the current midfield have done well but we could do with more competition,and we will get injuries and suspension.

MyJo
03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
like it or not Boozy is a player with class and vision and that is not something that can simply be trained into a player and its very very expensive to buy in todays market.

There won't be many like him ready, available and more importantly willing to play for Hibs, he has had his wee adventure in england and tested himself in a more prolific league and gave a good account of himself by all means (32 starts & 8 sub appearances during 08/09) but he feels at home in edinburgh and is married to an edinburgh lass so he would be far more settled back here.

30 certainly isn't old for a football player and we could very well get another 3 or 4 years out of Boozy yet if he were to drop back and start playing deeper if his legs aren't up to the graft of midfield after another season or two.

IMO we need someone with the passing ability of Zemmama or Boozy in the team AT ALL TIMES especially with a quality striker like Stokes in the team who will score an asbolute shedload of goals in the SPL if given the right service so to turn down signing him, even for just a season to see how it goes would be a travesty.

Captain Trips
03-09-2009, 09:08 AM
like it or not Boozy is a player with class and vision and that is not something that can simply be trained into a player and its very very expensive to buy in todays market.

There won't be many like him ready, available and more importantly willing to play for Hibs, he has had his wee adventure in england and tested himself in a more prolific league and gave a good account of himself by all means (32 starts & 8 sub appearances during 08/09) but he feels at home in edinburgh and is married to an edinburgh lass so he would be far more settled back here.

30 certainly isn't old for a football player and we could very well get another 3 or 4 years out of Boozy yet if he were to drop back and start playing deeper if his legs aren't up to the graft of midfield after another season or two.

IMO we need someone with the passing ability of Zemmama or Boozy in the team AT ALL TIMES especially with a quality striker like Stokes in the team who will score an asbolute shedload of goals in the SPL if given the right service so to turn down signing him, even for just a season to see how it goes would be a travesty.

Spot on, whats the harm in another option, just because he has no club just now doesnt mean not a good player. We should take the gamble on him.

Dibben
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM

:agree:

If we have money spare in the budget, and can agree a short term deal with an option to extend. Then IMO Boozy would be a great addition to the squad who will give us another option/dimension in the midfield!

BH.

Phil MaGlass
03-09-2009, 09:53 AM
cannae swear anymore so here goes,
BOOZY is NOT good enough or consistant enough,half the time he is injured. No thanx.
See ah can post without f,n swearing

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Boozy is gash he played one good game in ten and is way past his best

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I have not been his biggest fan since his first injury. Although i would sign him on a 6 month deal. We could do with one more midfielder, and even if he did not play much, he'd be a decent squad member, maybe a squad member with something to prove?

--------
03-09-2009, 10:22 AM
If Yogi was to sign him short-term, fair enough.

But I would be surprised if he does.

And I wouldn't expect him to be a first-team regular, either.

in-me-pocket
03-09-2009, 11:57 AM
but let's get back to the important bit ......
can u believe the amount of people that this imposter RANKin has hooked in ?
49 YEARS even thinks he's fast :faf:

RIP
03-09-2009, 02:29 PM

The only imposter on this board mate is YOU. What possible motivation would any Hibbie have bad mouthing an ever-present member of Yogi's first-team squad, who has started the season with great form and at least 2 MOM performances :bitchy:

John Hughes rates Rankin so highly he was one of three players considered for the captain's position along with Murray and Hogg

John Hughes rates Rankin so highly that the lad has been a first pick since the manager's arrival at the club

Hey - but what does Yogi know about players capabilities eh?

I guess he is one of the mugs that has been hooked in as well?:crazy:

ancienthibby
03-09-2009, 02:37 PM
No reserve league;
Release Gareth Evans (real sorry, but circumstances dictate...);
Hire Boozy as player coach;
Work him for a year at least on first team duties;
Gradually have him take over blossoming of emerging players - i.e. progressive U19's who have no reserve league to go into.

Simples.

the happy hibee
03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
The only imposter on this board mate is YOU. What possible motivation would any Hibbie have bad mouthing an ever-present member of Yogi's first-team squad, who has started the season with great form and at least 2 MOM performances :bitchy:

John Hughes rates Rankin so highly he was one of three players considered for the captain's position along with Murray and Hogg

John Hughes rates Rankin so highly that the lad has been a first pick since the manager's arrival at the club

Hey - but what does Yogi know about players capabilities eh?

I guess he is one of the mugs that has been hooked in as well?:crazy:
Can you tell me what the games were that he was MOM please? because ive no seen that and ive been to every game this season! I never seen anywhere that he was in the running for the captaincy or are you just going by the fact that he was captain in the pre-season game against selkirk i think when it was a really young team and he was the most senior player that played!

whereswallace?
03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Can you tell me what the games were that he was MOM please? because ive no seen that and ive been to every game this season! I never seen anywhere that he was in the running for the captaincy or are you just going by the fact that he was captain in the pre-season game against selkirk i think when it was a really young team and he was the most senior player that played!

Think he was named the sponsors man of the match against Brechin and Yogi himself said it was between 3 players,Rankin included,for the captaincy.

Hibercelona
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I bashed Boozy a while back... but I thought of a reason why he could be a good signing.

I wouldnt expect much from Boozy in matches, hes getting past it now.

However...

Imagine what he could teach to the younger lads.

I'm sure Boozy still has it in him to teach the new generation of young Hibs players how to make masterclass passes and get into good positions on the field.

I think he could offer alot of experience to the youth.

the happy hibee
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Think he was named the sponsors man of the match against Brechin and Yogi himself said it was between 3 players,Rankin included,for the captaincy.
Yeah i know i couldnt believe that at the time and still cant believe it now because there was no way he should have been MOM against brechin! I cant remember hearing yogi say that but i will take your word for it that he did.

whereswallace?
03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah i know i couldnt believe that at the time and still cant believe it now because there was no way he should have been MOM against brechin! I cant remember hearing yogi say that but i will take your word for it that he did.

I didnt think he was MOM in that game either,just pointing it out to you mate.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Murray-Hogg-and-Rankin-in.5472084.jp Yogis comments on the captaincy aswell.

edit: Can someone please tell me how i change the name of the link?

southfieldshibby
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
If we can sign him, we should.

he is a superb player.

--------
03-09-2009, 07:49 PM
No reserve league;
Release Gareth Evans (real sorry, but circumstances dictate...);
Hire Boozy as player coach;
Work him for a year at least on first team duties;
Gradually have him take over blossoming of emerging players - i.e. progressive U19's who have no reserve league to go into.

Simples.

'Release' an experienced coach who's done sterling work for us over the last few years and whose qualities and abilities are known, to take a chance that Beuzelin would either want to be coach of 'emerging' players - or that he possesses any of the qualities necessary for the job?

Rank ingratitude to a conscientious club employee, to gamble on a player whose value AS a player is very much open to question, and who's a completely unknown quantity as coach? Aye, right.

(For 'release' read 'sack', btw.)

Yogi considered John Rankin as a possible club captain, and said so publicly. He's also spoken more than once of his admiration for John's attitude and application in training and on the field of play.

One thing John is not is an imposter - what you see with him is what you get. I've watched him against St Mirren and Falkirk this season, and in both games he's worked his socks off for the team, and been directly involved in the immediate build-up to 3 of our 5 goals.

He's a genuine guy who gives 100% whenever he plays; the manager certainly seems happy with his contribution, and so am I. That post is grossly disrespectful of both the player and the poster you're disagreeing with. :bitchy:

Boozy14
03-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Here is a man who knows football :top marks

Storar
03-09-2009, 11:01 PM
There's alot of similarities between this thread and the threads doing the rounds when Ian Murray (and to a lesser extent Derek Riordan) was being touted for a come back..

Injury Prone
Bailed on the club before
Done nothing since leaving
Only interested in money/OF
Wages too high
Club should look forward not back

It's the same old pish every time and if Boozy signed everyone would love him again and none of that would matter.
He's one of the best midfielders we've had in the last 10 years and would certainly find a place in the team.