PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren fans want DVZ back

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Why??? :wink:

I was just on the St Mirren forum wondering what they thought about DVZ release and there was a thread where loads of there fans wanted him back. Saying he would be perfect for right midfield.

Are they serious, i don't want to get at VZ, i wish him good luck but surely St Mirren fans don't rate him that highly.

One guy described him as their player of the year

fishybeaver
01-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Wish the guy no harm at all, hope he can get a job soon, just think top 6 SPL is slightly out of his league. Not a bad player just not good enough

The_Todd
01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
He was a POTY for them one season. It just hasn't worked for him here, wish him all the best.

RIP
01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Why??? :wink:

I was just on the St Mirren forum wondering what they thought about DVZ release and there was a thread where loads of there fans wanted him back. Saying he would be perfect for right midfield.

Are they serious, i don't want to get at VZ, i wish him good luck but surely St Mirren fans don't rate him that highly.

One guy described him as their player of the year

Agree. My sister in Paisley is a home and away Buddies fan and she and her mates were all spitting blood when we nicked him

Supporting evidence attached - player of the year awards, promotion to captain and a starring role against Hibs

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/ma...0/st116205.htm

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...63858-20874448

http:///http://www.independent.co.uk...ts-418288.html

Broken Gnome
01-09-2009, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't have thought he was ever brave or confident enough to be a right midfielder, his total lack of attacking belief was the main thing that's probably cost him his Hibs career.

Never enjoyed watching him play, but mainly because he just wasn't what Hibs needed. Best of luck etc.

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah i wish the guy all the luck, it's just from what i saw he wasn't quite a POTY type of player.

Maybe not at right mid but at right back he could do o.k for St Mirren if they have a flat back 4

VZ would be great in division 1 imo

hibsdaft
01-09-2009, 08:40 PM
no danger at RM :confused::confused:

lucky
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
There are loads of Celtic and Rangers fans who thought we were mental for wanting Deeks and Ian Murray back. DVZ did a job for the saints but it never worked out for him at ER.

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
There are loads of Celtic and Rangers fans who thought we were mental for wanting Deeks and Ian Murray back. DVZ did a job for the saints but it never worked out for him at ER.

Fair point

monktonharp
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
There are loads of Celtic and Rangers fans who thought we were mental for wanting Deeks and Ian Murray back. DVZ did a job for the saints but it never worked out for him at ER.aye,we were mental right enough:yawn:what are they thinking? Murray gives 100% almost all of the time. Riordan can turn a game in an instant. they really ken their stuff these OF FANS dont they:wink:

SmashinGlass
01-09-2009, 10:31 PM
IMHO Van Zanten is terrible. Can't tackle, had no pace and no attacking awareness. His positional sense is shocking too, constantly found wandering or jogging about areas of the pitch he simply shouldn't have been anywhere near!

No loss and glad to be rid. :agree:

HibbyAndy
01-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Wasnt good enough for Edinburgh's No 1 club.

If he talked the talk like he done in the papers he'd be a world beater.

He'd dae wee teams like st.mirren a turn again..:agree:

Nae hard feelings DVZ you simply werent Hibs class.

hibsbollah
01-09-2009, 10:36 PM

Good point. Personally I thought Murray was consistantly the worst player on the pitch whenever he came back to ER with Rangers and we were crazy for bringing him back. But I was wrong.

Some players obviously just have a 'home'. DVZ scored a 30 yarder for St Mirren against us a few years back IIRC, hope he doesnt do it again:shocked:

Holmesdale Hibs
02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
For me, he’s an average SPL right back. So by that rationale, he’ll be below par for a top 6 side and for a team fighting relegation then he'll look quite good.

I always thought he got some unfair criticism on these message boards. Thinking back down the years we’ve had a lot worse players who gave a lot less effort than he did. An honest professional but not quite Hibs class. Good luck for the future.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
He would fit right back in at Street Mirren. Whenever they have turned up at ER it has usually been with a 4-5-1 and DVZ would be comfortable in that. Hughes wants overlapping full backs that are comfortable on the ball. DVZ is never that.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
DVZ scored a 30 yarder for St Mirren against us a few years back IIRC, hope he doesnt do it again:shocked:

Zibi was in goals though. I remember arguing on here at the time he should've at least got a touch on it - a lot of folk disagreed though.