PDA

View Full Version : Question Players out

MrSmith
01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
How many have left Hibs since yogi took over?

a guestimation would be around 14?

BEEJ
01-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Eleven, plus one out on a season long loan.

Jonatan Johansson
David van Zanten
Patrick Deane
Jack Wilson
Joe Keenan
Ewan Moyes (season long loan)
Ross Campbell
Jordan Cropley
Rob Jones
Alan O'Brien
Steven Fletcher
Ross Chisolm

Another seven had left before the end of May (pre-Yogi).

PaulSmith
01-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Jonatan Johansson
David van Zanten
Patrick Deane
Jack Wilson
Joe Keenan
Ross Campbell
Jordan Cropley
Rob Jones
Alan O'Brien
Steven Fletcher
Ross Chisolm

About £19.5k per week off the wage bill per week?

Pedantic_Hibee
01-09-2009, 05:58 PM

That would amount to a saving of around £1m per year if that figure is accurate.

MrSmith
01-09-2009, 06:01 PM

Jonatan Johansson
David van Zanten
Patrick Deane
Jack Wilson
Joe Keenan
Ross Campbell
Jordan Cropley
Rob Jones
Alan O'Brien
Steven Fletcher
Ross Chisolm

I know of Mcneill, but who were the other six?

BEEJ
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I know of Mcneill, but who were the other six?
Denes Rosa
Grzegorz Szamotulski
Andrew McNeil
Steve Pinau
David Gray
Fabian Yantorno
Blair Tolmie

MrSmith
01-09-2009, 06:06 PM
geezo! what a load of dross we were carrying!!

whereswallace?
01-09-2009, 06:08 PM

So even accounting for the wage of players we brought in ,we will probably be around the 10k mark better off a week?? (guess). Decent bit of business by us and still a decent squad.

PiemanP
01-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Lots of the players still had contracts to run though....

Hibs will have had to pay these players off, and probably a substantial percentage of the remainder of their contract.

So 19.5K savings per week probably isnt near that when you take into account the above.

007 Mickey Weir
01-09-2009, 06:22 PM
I have to say I can't argue with any of the 18 that have left since last season. Ok it would have been good to have kept Fletcher and Jones but we all know there desire to leave. They were good servants to the club and we got a fair price for them.

IN
Cregg
McBride
Stokes
Stack
Galbraith

Plus several under 19/17 players.

All are an improvement to squad. Hughes is the man to develop our youth and then review things in January.

PaulSmith
01-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Holy Jesus, 18 players left since May...I had never realised that it was as many as that.

Not complaining as some of the dross has been moved on and we now have a workable squad of around 23/24 players.

I'd definitely prefer to have 2 or 3 quality players rather than 10 average for the same price

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Holy Jesus, 18 players left since May...I had never realised that it was as many as that.

Not complaining as some of the dross has been moved on and we now have a workable squad of around 23/24 players.

I'd definitely prefer to have 2 or 3 quality players rather than 10 average for the same price

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#First-team_squad

That counts Flynn as #3 keeper, and Currie and Welsh as first team players.

In a sense they are all first team players now because there is no organised reserve league.

BEEJ
01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#First-team_squad

That counts Flynn as #3 keeper, and Currie and Welsh as first team players.

In a sense they are all first team players now because there is no organised reserve league.
Why go to wikipedia when the official site will give you this information directly? :greengrin

It's one area where they have updated the site pretty quickly following an announcement.

Randerson_4
01-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Jonatan Johansson
David van Zanten
Patrick Deane
Jack Wilson
Joe Keenan
Ross Campbell
Jordan Cropley
Rob Jones
Alan O'Brien
Steven Fletcher
Ross Chisolm

Was he not one of the lads to be promoted from u19s. sorry if im wrong, but thought he'd been promoted

jgl07
01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
That would amount to a saving of around £1m per year if that figure is accurate.
Not is some required a pay off?

Jones28
01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Denes Rosa
Grzegorz Szamotulski
Andrew McNeil
Steve Pinau
David Gray
Fabian Yantorno
Blair Tolmie

Still ragin about those two :grr:

sahib
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Why go to wikipedia when the official site will give you this information directly? :greengrin

It's one area where they have updated the site pretty quickly following an announcement.

It might be just me, but I find the official site a bit too Hibs obsessed.

Pedantic_Hibee
Not is some required a pay off?

True, but I'm sure the pay-off would be a nominal amount and would account for a fraction of the overall outlay should the contracts have run to their termination date.

BEEJ
Was he not one of the lads to be promoted from u19s. sorry if im wrong, but thought he'd been promoted
He was one of the 'Easter Road three', released today at 5pm. :wink:

BEEJ
01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
It might be just me, but I find the official site a bit too Hibs obsessed.
True. Very true ......

:Ummm:

lumbo_hfc
01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't know if this has been said before but how much are people guessing Anthony Stokes is making a week?:confused:

jon_snows_tie
01-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Denes Rosa
Grzegorz Szamotulski
Andrew McNeil
Steve Pinau
David Gray
Fabian Yantorno
Blair Tolmie

was never a fan anyway, his music is gash

:cool2:

Pedantic_Hibee
01-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't know if this has been said before but how much are people guessing Anthony Stokes is making a week?:confused:

Don't know but he's a wage thief and if he doesn't hit a hat-trick in his next game I think we should release him and re-sign JJ.

Gatecrasher
01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
True. Very true ......

:Ummm:
:tee hee:

benrocky
01-09-2009, 10:57 PM
They might at least have put Paddy out on loan to see how things would settle down at ER before they released him. You never know whats round the corner.

Good luck hope you find a club soon http://www.hibs.net/message/images/icons/icon14.gif

HibeeUnderwood
02-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Being serious I am just wondering where they may all end up, those that still don't have clubs at the moment

I think that......

Andy McNeil: Will find a club probably in Scotland, maybe 1st of 2nd division, something like that, I know he's better than that but it does seem odd that he still doesn't have a club!

Grzegorz Szamotulski: Being a bit older will probably find another club in Europe and stay there for a short period of time before moving on and do the same for the next few years before retiring.

Blair Tolmie: Possibly a 3rd division club, if he can't make a success of it then he'll probably give the game up!

Jordan Cropley: See above only might get a longer run at it as he seems like the player capable of playing in the 2nd division.

Patrick Deane: Hoping that he will find himself a 1st or 2nd division team and make a success of it. Seems a bit unfair to be one of seven youth players to be offered pro contracts a few months ago and then be released!

Joe Keenan: Will probably find himself a club in England or a club somewhere else in the world in which he may have a better chance of playing some games!

David Van Zanten: Could possibly go back to St Mirren, I think he's capable of playing for a bottom 6 SPL side, a top 1st division side or a fair few sides in League 1 and League 2 in England, I'm sure he'll end up at one of those!

Jonatan Johansson: Seeing as he's in the latter stage of his career, He will probably find a club in Scandinavia again and play there for a few years before retiring!

I don't think I have missed anyone else who's a free agent. If so feel free to say who. Sometimes these things slip your mind! :agree: