01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
What did McGeady get?

Hibercelona
01-09-2009, 03:49 PM
What did McGeady get?

Probably a cheeky pat on the back by the SFA. :yawn:

ancient hibee
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
McGeady got what he should which was miss the next match and accrue penalty points.

Barney McGrew
01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
What did McGeady get?

A win bonus :grr:

Saorsa
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
What did McGeady get?A 2nd yellow and a red and the punishment that goes along with that. According tae Gordon Smith if incidents are dealt with by the ref at the time, that's that. Incidents will only be reviewed if the ref is deceived in tae giving a penalty or a free kick that leads tae a goal or simulation that leads tae the sending off an opponent.

Coco Bryce
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
What about Chris Killen's dive then?

I take it that was just swept under the carpet then :confused:

lapsedhibee
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
What about Chris Killen's dive then?

I take it that was just swept under the carpet then :confused:

As Smith explains, ""I can talk of any other incidents that happen in the world because we do not deal with them." he added. "I am making it clear. Most people don't understand that three incidents are the only ones we look at. A player deceiving a referee to win a penalty kick, a freekick from which a goal is scored or to get an opponent sent-off. If they do not happen or the player is dealt with at the time, the matter is closed."

So in other words what we all might have thought was a bold campaign to rid the game of cheating is nothing of the sort. Just three specific clearly defined instances of cheating, which by an amazing coincidence do not include McGeady's or Killen's cheating.

Smith = weasel.

ballengeich
01-09-2009, 04:48 PM
is it enough?

I'd like to see clubs docked points. If Arsenal were starting their champions' league group on -3 points, Wenger would be making sure none of his players ever dived again, and others would doing likewise.