PDA

View Full Version : All quiet on the Hibs front (merged)

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 12:11 PM
What on earth is going on today?

Even Stevie Wonder could see that we desparately need a new centre half.

Arse Yer Get Finger Yer Petrie Out - Rearrange to create a well known phrase :grr::grr::grr:

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2009, 12:15 PM
But Ray Charles has the vision to realise that Arfield has sell-on value.

Speedway
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
SIGN ANYONE!!!!!!!

I NEED SIGNINGS!!!!

or perhaps our pre-season work and player movements in this transfer window have not been ridiculous but have been pretty good.

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
But Ray Charles has the vision to realise that Arfield has sell-on value.

Maybe so, that transfer can wait though, we don't need him at this moment in time. We do however NEED a CH before this window closes!

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 12:19 PM
SIGN ANYONE!!!!!!!

I NEED SIGNINGS!!!!

or perhaps our pre-season work and player movements in this transfer window have not been ridiculous but have been pretty good.

They have been good so far! A new CH has been priority since Jones left though! And we looked very, VERY suspect from crosses on Sunday.

Wotherspiniesta
TBH, Im quite happy with what we have. A new RB would be nice though.

CropleyWasGod

Arse Yer Get Finger Yer Petrie Out - Rearrange to create a well known phrase :grr::grr::grr:

:confused: Finger Yer Arse Petrie Yer Out... out!

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 12:22 PM
:confused: Finger Yer Arse Petrie Yer Out... out!

Theres always one comedian/smartarse :wink:

mixumatosis
01-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Hogg, Bamba, Murray, Hanlon, McCormack and Thicot can all play in the centre of defence. I think that's enough cover.

CropleyWasGod
01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
... and behind every good comic, there's always a social commentator trying to get out.

My point is that I would very surprised if JH and RP AREN'T working at bringing in another CH. We won't know until/if it happens. So to moan because it isn't APPARENTLY happening is unfair on both of them.

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Hogg, Bamba, Murray, Hanlon, McCormack and Thicot can all play in the centre of defence. I think that's enough cover.

Bamba is more effective in midfield.
Hanlon and McCormack are too inexperienced
Thicot is a bit mince.

A huge centre half who is good in the air and good in the tackle is what we need.

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not moaning about it, im just very impatient and slightly panicky that we are supposedly not signing anymore players and that there is only 3 and a half hours to go!

mixumatosis
01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Thicot is a bit mince.

A huge centre half who is good in the air and good in the tackle is what we need.

...and will stay that way without getting games. Neither have looked out of their depth at full back playing out of their regular position. No reason to expect they'd be overwhelmed by being played in their preferred role.

PeterboroHibee
01-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Yet the 3 goals we have conceded could have easily been avoided. Because we have enough cover doesnt mean they are necessarily good enough.

Mon Dieu4
01-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm not moaning about it, im just very impatient and slightly panicky that we are supposedly not signing anymore players and that there is only 3 and a half hours to go!

Have faith we signed Konte on the last day of the transfer window with about 10 mins to spare :agree:

RIP
01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Thicot is a bit mince.

Even Iversen?

Recommended by Lee Makel

lapsedhibee
01-09-2009, 12:32 PM

Less than that now :worried:

Speedway
01-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure that we'll bring in the much speculated about Iffy Pastabaic this lunchtime.

M8UDB
01-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Need a RB most of all IMO, cant remember the last time we had some1 half decent at right back. We have a good few players who can play CH just now.

--------
01-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Thicot is a bit mince.

So does every other team in the league. And how much exactly do you think they cost? Ones that move faster than an arthritic hippo, that is?

Personally, I'd much rather we played someone at CH who was a footballer.

You're not MOANING? THIS is positive input????????

"What on earth is going on today? Even Stevie Wonder could see that we desparately need a new centre half. Arse Yer Get Finger Yer Petrie Out - Rearrange to create a well known phrase :grr::grr::grr: "

:bitchy:

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
So does every other team in the league. And how much exactly do you think they cost? Ones that move faster than an arthritic hippo, that is?

"What on earth is going on today? Even Stevie Wonder could see that we desparately need a new centre half. Arse Yer Get Finger Yer Petrie Out - Rearrange to create a well known phrase :grr::grr::grr: "

Well I can only really apologise for wanting my teams defence to be strengthened, with the hope of challenging for third place in the league, or dare I say it, challenge Celtic and Rangers. How very negative of me.

KeithTheHibby
01-09-2009, 12:53 PM

We have Murray, Thicot and McCormack to play centre half, give it a rest.

We are clearly active in the transfer market what-with the signing of Stokes and a bid for Arfield.

KeithTheHibby
01-09-2009, 12:54 PM

If you are not moaning wtf is :grr:several times all about?

--------
01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Well I can only really apologise for wanting my teams defence to be strengthened, with the hope of challenging for third place in the league, or dare I say it, challenge Celtic and Rangers. How very negative of me.

I want to see the team strengthened too - but scweaming and scweaming and scweaming until we're all thick isn't going to help matters, is it? :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Need a RB most of all IMO, cant remember the last time we had some1 half decent at right back. We have a good few players who can play CH just now.

Does the name "Whittaker" ring any sort of bell?

Future17
01-09-2009, 12:59 PM

I remember him. He was that young midfielder we played out of position wasn't he? :greengrin

magnificent_seven

We are clearly active in the transfer market what-with the signing of Stokes and a bid for Arfield.

It hardly inspires much confidence having Thicot and McCormack as back up.
Anyone can see how vulnerable we looked with crosses and corners on Sunday. We have lost Rob Jones, our main ball winner in the air. It's not rocket science to know that we need a replacement for him.

I will just like to see how positive and chirpy you guys are in a few months time when we leak ridiculous goals due to not having a decent centre half.

However, I will give it a rest as you say, as having an opinion seems to be lost on the hibs.net message board these days!

RIP
Even Iversen?

Recommended by Lee Makel

Was mooted to be going to the Arabs until big Wilkie signed on again

M8UDB
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM

Distant memory now with what we have had to put up with since. :rolleyes:

--------
01-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Distant memory now with what we have had to put up with since. :rolleyes:

YOU DIDN'T LIKE HONG KONG THIERRY??????????????????? :shocked:

:faint:

jacomo
01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I remember him. He was that young midfielder we played out of position wasn't he? :greengrin

I wonder if we should continue that fine tradition and play Wotherspoon at right back. He looks the business to me.

Golden Bear
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I agree with others that signing a quality right back is the number one priority. Wotherspoon could play there but I don't think his talents are best utilised in that position.

I would also like to see Paul Hanlon playing at centre back as that may be where his strengths lie.

PeterboroHibee
01-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I would also like to see Paul Hanlon playing at centre back as that may be where his strengths lie.

Pretty sure thats where he was playing for the Scotland U-19s (or whatever it was).

GC
01-09-2009, 02:01 PM
So two hours to go and counting.

Do we now have all we are going to have in?

M8UDB
01-09-2009, 02:02 PM
YOU DIDN'T LIKE HONG KONG THIERRY??????????????????? :shocked:

:faint:

You DID like hong kong thierry???????? :shocked: Shat myself every time the ball went near him!!

Steve20
01-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I will be very very surprised if anyone else is brought in. A bit disappointing since it has been obvious all summer that we need a right back and a centre half.

MacBean
01-09-2009, 02:09 PM
only one peice of business in the SPL and thats O'dea out on Loan to Reading...

Storm-a-brewing?!?:devil:

PeterboroHibee
01-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I will be very very surprised if anyone else is brought in. A bit disappointing since it has been obvious all summer that we need a right back and a centre half.

Think its really dissapointing, back line is really not looking up to much with 3 fairly rubbish goals conceded so far.

Attack wise we are fine but might end up being meaningless if we continue to leak unnecessary goals.

Hibstrooper
01-09-2009, 02:10 PM

I've got a feeling we've got an appointment with our horny relative for tea tonight, Aunty Climax :wink:

khib70
01-09-2009, 02:11 PM

:top marks Some seven foot hunk of meat who gets everything in the air but is put on his erse twelve times a game by any forward faster than Colin Nish....well, any forward then. Aye that's the very man! And not too hard to find - every Junior club in Ayrshire has several of them.

We're trying to build a better football team here. Any player who's not actually a midget, provided he has skill and athleticism, and can read the game, can win balls in the air. And they can do something other than hoof it into the stratosphere when they do win it. How tall is Puyol, again? Not "commanding" enough? You become commanding by being better than your opponent, not just bigger

GC
01-09-2009, 02:13 PM
I've got a feeling we've got an appointment with our horny relative for tea tonight, Aunty Climax :wink:

:greengrin

It does feel that way though, don't get me wrong I am delighted with the business we have done this window but I feel that the way things have been building up lately that there was one or two more to come.

Still it's only quarter past three so you never know eh!

Sir David Gray
01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I will be a bit disappointed if we don't bring any defensive players in.

It has been fairly obvious to me, ever since the Dunfermline game in pre-season, that we are fine in midfield and up front but are still too fragile at the back.

Cropley10
01-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Please no Thicot at CH...

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I think the suggested defender deals were contingencies if Bamba was sold.

borders.cabbage
01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm still hoping for some news on Barr. Would provide good cover at both CB and RB.

Jones28
01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Thicot is a bit mince.

His first team debut was against Celtic at centre half, might have been the 3-2 game :agree:

Gatecrasher
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
about half an hour and still nothing, about time we started listening to yogi :wink:

ancient hibee
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
When's that £3Million for Bamba going to turn up?

zlatan
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Blackburn announce they're done for the day, hopefully that means Solly is staying :thumbsup:

Littlest Hobo
01-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Please no Thicot at CH...

Played well at Tynie against the yams did he not?:wink:

GC
01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
about half an hour and still nothing, about time we started listening to yogi :wink:

Yeah looks like that is more or less the case but you never know, we've all seen deals go through at 4:59 and then announced at around the back of five.

Or maybe I am just hoping.

Spike Mandela

Yeah, the guy who said there would be 2 or 3 new signings.:bitchy:

MSK
..tickety tock ...:pray:

ancient hibee
01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Blackburn announce they're done for the day, hopefully that means Solly is staying :thumbsup:
I'd rather have the £3M which we were assured was a done deal-could it have been complete Nade-Shirley Knott.

zlatan
01-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I'd rather have the £3M which we were assured was a done deal-could it have been complete Nade-Shirley Knott.

Once he stars in the World Cup next year that'll be £333M then we can buy the city of Falkirk.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
If we dont get anyone in, it will be fine, just as long as we dont lose Bamba. It seems Yogi will not just buy anyone just for the sake of it. He has targetted players, and if we dont get them it wont be for the wont of trying. We have a decent side, it needs strengthening, but there is not point in bringing in players if they are not better than we have at the moment.

Spike Mandela
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
If we dont get anyone in, it will be fine, just as long as we dont lose Bamba. It seems Yogi will not just buy anyone just for the sake of it. He has targetted players, and if we dont get them it wont be for the wont of trying. We have a decent side, it needs strengthening, but there is not point in bringing in players if they are not better than we have at the moment.

But it's PISH!!. I feel like a Jambo:boo hoo::boo hoo::wink:

Speedway
01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Falkirk Forum claiming Barr has signed for Hibs for £500,000 plus DVZ.

I don't believe it personally, but there you go.

Cropley10
Yeah, the guy who said there would be 2 or 3 new signings.:bitchy:

2 or 3 signings to get us excited he said!:grr:

PeterboroHibee

True but hes had the whole of the summer to see the defence is far from ideal, your telling me theres no defenders out there who we could get as an improvement?

ancient hibee
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
If it's true RP has taken leave of his senses.

Barney McGrew
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM

Can't see Rod spending half a million quid on someone we can get on a pre-contract in January :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2009, 03:46 PM

:agree:

Yogi said that he would bring in "1 or 2" if "3 or 4" moved on. Only players who have been paid up (Keenan and Wilson) or shifted for a minimal loan contribution (Moyes) have been moved out. To create further room for someone to come in he would have had to convince someone to take JJ / Nish / DVZ in part exchange, or sell Bamba. Since he said that he didn't want to sell anyone in his first XI, that kind of restricted his options since (frankly) who would want JJ or DVZ?

RoslinInstHibby
01-09-2009, 03:46 PM

fingers crossed......

this has to be the dullest transfer deadline day ever.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2009, 03:47 PM
True but hes had the whole of the summer to see the defence is far from ideal, your telling me theres no defenders out there who we could get as an improvement?

Are you saying Yogi is refusing to sign players who are better than we have?

NaeTechnoHibby
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM

I cannae believe how calm you've been recently :offski:

Can we have the real blackpoolhibs back :duck:

It's almost surreal :dizzy:

Benny Brazil
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
fingers crossed......

this has to be the dullest transfer deadline day ever.

Sign of the times in the SPL not many clubs have cash to spend.

RoslinInstHibby
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Sign of the times in the SPL not many clubs have cash to spend.

true, dont just mean the SPL though i mean in general. Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal.......nowt from any of them.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I cannae believe how calm you've been recently :offski:

Can we have the real blackpoolhibs back :duck:

It's almost surreal :dizzy:

I see good progress, all i have ever asked for. I believe we will have a good stab at europe this season, but like everyone else, i know we cant splash out silly money on players, but have been quietly surprised at the quality of players we have been targetting.:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
true, dont just mean the SPL though i mean in general. Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal.......nowt from any of them.

Chelsea are happy with what they have. The other three are very tight financially (yes, I know how ludicrous that sounds).

smurf
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
I would have thought we would have come to some agreement with the DVZ's and JJ's and others to get them off the pay-roll....:confused:

frazeHFC
Falkirk forum: "Let's swap Barr for Van Zanten and Nish"

Would anyone do that. I would, because Barr would be around £500k, and we were hoping for Nish to go at £200k and DVZ to be released so we would get the good deal surely :confused: Just what a fan wants though, not a rumour or anything

NaeTechnoHibby
I see good progress, all i have ever asked for. I believe we will have a good stab at europe this season, but like everyone else, i know we cant splash out silly money on players, but have been quietly surprised at the quality of players we have been targetting.:wink:

I agree, however, I cannae get me heid round you no' mumping about something :rolleyes:

Ho! Hum! :greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I would have thought we would have come to some agreement with the DVZ's and JJ's and others to get them off the pay-roll....:confused:

that could still happen, doesnt need to be done before 5

Coco Bryce
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Funny enough I was just about to post the same thing :thumbsup:

Surely if we aint signing anybody we should be getting these guys of the wage bill.

blackpoolhibs
I agree, however, I cannae get me heid round you no' mumping about something :rolleyes:

Ho! Hum! :greengrin

If you miss my moaning, just go on any nish or hogg thread.:wink:

Ray_

Does if they want to sign for somebody else before Jan.

borders.cabbage
Falkirk forum: "Let's swap Barr for Van Zanten and Nish"

Would anyone do that. I would, because Barr would be around £500k, and we were hoping for Nish to go at £200k and DVZ to be released so we would get the good deal surely :confused: Just what a fan wants though, not a rumour or anything

Hell yes !!
Will drive the pair of them through myself.

smurf

But it needed to happen sooner to free up some dosh to get others in...

josef k
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM

Yep - and might not be anounced till later. For instance, if I remember correctly the signing of paul dalglish wasn't announced to a good while after the window had closed.

PeterboroHibee
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Are you saying Yogi is refusing to sign players who are better than we have?

No, but I find it hard to believe that hes had that time to look for players and not found anyone whos better than what we have.

--------
01-09-2009, 03:57 PM

If it's true RP has taken leave of his senses.

Falkirk were prepared to let us have him for £300,000, but when we insisted that DVZ was part of the deal they demanded the extra £200k. :wink:

Agree - if we've lost no one at 5.00pm, I'm content.

The squad's stronger than it was 4 months ago, and there's no point in just signing someone for the sake of it. That's the way Collins and Mixu wasted so much money.

Yogi appears to have his targets, but if he can't get them, he re-groups and thinks again. Sound policy.

mim

In practice, it does have to be done in the window, otherwise the players wouldn't get a new club until the next window.

Sylar
Might as well close this thread now.

Nothing's going to happen, aside from pre-contracts/free agents (which aren't governed by 5pm).

ancient hibee
Defensive play in Scotland is generally abysmal-maybe he thinks it'll be easier to improve what we've got.

Chuckie
Van Gantin has been released one is hearing...

Richard Scott
01-09-2009, 03:59 PM

Released to Falkirk as part of the "Barr deal"? :wink:

zlatan
if we all shout like jim white it'll make things more exciting!!!

PeterboroHibee

So we would have one RB?

Chuckie
01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
45, 44, 43, 42, 41.........

ancient hibee
Released to Deacon Brodies as part of the bar deal.

Hibernian Verse
No signings for the Hibs :boo hoo:

Billychaotic182
No one in then :(

Sean1875
let down.

ancient hibee
Shut that door.

Richard Scott
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
45, 44, 43, 42, 41.........

This is dire :boo hoo: One of the most boring deadline days in recent years :yawn:

Green Man
Slam!

whereswallace?
Not lost anyone either though...i expected Bamba to be away.

BravestHibs
Just posted on another thread that Paul Dalglish, according to his twitter, has signed a deal with hibs.

Pedantic_Hibee
Un. Der. Whelmed.

Leithenhibby
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Signings to follow in the next few minutes :boo hoo: NOT

Coco Bryce
What an ant-climax that was, not just for Hibs but for all Scottish clubs in general, why do they bother with it :confused:

blackpoolhibs
It did not slam shut this time.:wink:

M8UDB
Glad Bamba is still here. Thought JJ would be told he could leave

Edinburgh Green
Just posted on another thread that Paul Dalglish, according to his twitter, has signed a deal with hibs.

:faf: try reading it again

Sylar

Paul Dalglish retired through injury last year.

Doubt it.

zlatan
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak a cup of kindness yet,
For auld lang syne!

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp,
And surely I'll be mine,
And we'll tak a cup o kindness yet,
For auld lang syne!

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pou'd the gowans fine,
But we've wander'd monie a weary fit,
Sin auld lang syne.

Saorsa
Un. Der. Whelmed.totally :boo hoo:

jgl07
It may not be the case as sometimes it takes a while for the news to come through?

MSK
Just posted on another thread that Paul Dalglish, according to his twitter, has signed a deal with hibs.Read his twitter again !!! :rolleyes:

Juice-Terry
No signings for the Hibs :boo hoo:

We won't know that until later.... :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed....

'Mon the Cabbage!

frazeHFC
Not quite as exciting as last year with Bamba and Riordan late on in the lest day :yawn:

Hibbie_Cameron
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
JJ, Van Zanten and Deane released

BravestHibs
:faf: try reading it again

I didn't even read it initially as I don't subscribe. What does it say?

TornadoHibby

FACT! :agree:

He's been released along with JJ and Paddy Deane! :wink:

By "mutual agreement"! :wink:

woodyhfc4892

He has along with DVZ and Deane :thumbsup:

blindsummit
01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
So that was what that loud noise was, the transfer window slamming shut! I nearly jumped out of my chair here at the office. Some noise that, I heard it over here in Canada :greengrin

hibee_girl

He might have been but it might not be announced until later :dunno:

Think it would be a shame to let him go though, he's got the experience we are crying out for at times.

Westie1875
FACT! :agree:

He's been released along with JJ and Paddy Deane! :wink:

By "mutual agreement"! :wink:

And no-one else signed? Odd.

Leithenhibby
It may not be the case as sometimes it takes a while for the news to come through?

Now this is what I call having faith :wink: I shall leave it at that, just in case :greengrin

cleanyman
01-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Im gutted JJ has been released, Hibs have treated him shabbily.

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3657_0_1_0_C

There's always time for free transfers

:rolleyes:

Scooter
01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
so thats 6 moved on but none signed:confused:

Billychaotic182
01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3657_0_1_0_C

There's always time for free transfers

:rolleyes:

BOOZY!!! lol

passionatehibby
01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
We desperately needed a CB as well, I think we are going to struggle defensively this season. I just hope deeks and stokes can score more than we concede.

I wonder why we never had any clubs sniffing around for Hogg this transfer window. :devil:

MSK
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I didn't even read it initially as I don't subscribe. What does it say?If you didnt read it why post it on here ..?..:confused:

Subscribe..read it then re-read yer post ..:wink:

zlatan
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
It's actually a decent wee tale from Dalglish.

It's just reminiscing over his own deadline day move from Livi to Hibs for those who aren't on twitter.

Littlest Hobo
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Can help think that we will pay the price for not bringing in a good solid CH?:rolleyes: Everytime we play it's so obvious we are weak at the back. How much would it have taken to get Darren Barr ?????:rolleyes:

Removed
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Im gutted JJ has been released, Hibs have treated him shabbily.

Have they - how :confused:

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Not lost anyone either though...i expected Bamba to be away.

Not too unhappy. Think we got too hyped up by all this Sky nonsense, particularly after the Stokes marquee signing.

We have a decent squad and thankfully all the Bamba-Riordan nonsense was thankfully just that.

Yogi has also gotten rid off some players who were never going to figure; McNeill, Chisholm, Wilson, Keenan and has probably identified ones who might be used as makeweights in January deals.

It's all good and well lamenting the fact that we've still not got a centre half or pacy right back, but you are better waiting for quality to become available than doing the Mixu-JC thing of bringing in dross.

McCann will get fitter, Murray will possibly return to central defence and McCormack is being given a chance.

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Can help think that we will pay the price for not bringing in a good solid CH?:rolleyes: Everytime we play it's so obvious we are weak at the back. How much would it have taken to get Darren Barr ?????:rolleyes:

£350k???

Well we can now wait and get him on a pre-contract

Boozy can player CB :greengrin

Golden Bear
01-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I can only guess that Yogi has his eye on certain players that come under the heading of "free agents"

:hmmm:

BravestHibs
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
If you didnt read it why post it on here ..?..:confused:

Subscribe..read it then re-read yer post ..:wink:

Aye, good lad.

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Surprised Deane has been released since he only signed a new contract a couple of months ago?

Billychaotic182
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Surprised Deane has been released since he only signed a new contract a couple of months ago?

Was that not under mixu tho

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Newcastle have re-signed Lovenkrands only a short time after he left

smurf
01-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Isn't that what the official site usually says at the close of the transfer window?

The statement on the players leaving appears a bit 'unfinished' in relation to this transfer window...

Am i just being hopelessly optimistic?

Sean1875
01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Isn't that what the official site usually says at the close of the transfer window?

The statement on the players leaving appears a bit 'unfinished' in relation to this transfer window...

yes.

jgl07
01-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Usually the official site doesn't get around to posting about signings until they have played a couple of games. Notably the Fletcher transfer to Burnley.

Boozy14
01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Anyone suprised that we have let 4 players go today and no one has been brought in,are we trying to cut cost or yogi not got the players he wants????

magnificent_seven
01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Very. God knows what's going on. The squad is wafer thin now.

forthhibby
01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone suprised that we have let 4 players go today and no one has been brought in,are we trying to cut cost or yogi not got the players he wants????

i would say a bit of both, yogi has previously said he wanted to get the squad size down and we know for sure that bids were made for arfield. i'd rather this situation than making token last day signings just to appease the fans

shamo9
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM

Free agents:wink:

Andy
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
It leads me to think that because we missed out on Arfield we'll sign Boozy as he is a free agent.

Thoughts??

Velma Dinkley
01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
We haven't missed out yet. I would think we might bring in someone on a free and perhaps get one or two on pre-contracts.

mjhibby
Is it just me are most of the guys going mixus signings.Might just be coincidence of course.

eggy1875
It leads me to think that because we missed out on Arfield we'll sign Boozy as he is a free agent.

Thoughts??

We could still sign boozy because free agents can be signed after 5pm :wink:

TheBall'sRound
01-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Thoughts??

Now that the window is shut, Boozy just became much more attractive to just about every club who is aware of his existence - not just us.

Really really really wanted a defended for my birthday :grr:

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Who are the 4 players we have let go today???

DVZ, JJ, Deane and ???

Pedantic_Hibee
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Who are the 4 players we have let go today???

DVZ, JJ, Deane and ???

Wilson and Keenan.

frazeHFC
01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Wilson and Keenan.

So 5, we should get Boozy in :agree: 1 year deal

Andy
01-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I agree, it makes sense. Would make the midfield far more creative. His through balls to Stokes and Riordan would create loads of chances. Think they would link up well. I always remember the switch of play to left back to Murphy. Must've happened about ten times a game.

Boozy14
01-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Bear in mind we have also lost jones and fletcher,made money from them and free up the wage bill

sauzee
01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
think we'll strugle all season with balls coming in from wide areas as was proved on sunday,centre halfs couldn't cope with them,full backs couldn't prevent them,keeper wouldn't come for them,no real height or presence in midfield !! hope i'm so wrong,but it so obvious where we neaded to strengthen

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
think we'll strugle all season with balls coming in from wide areas as was proved on sunday,centre halfs couldn't cope with them,full backs couldn't prevent them,keeper wouldn't come for them,no real height or presence in midfield !! hope i'm so wrong,but it so obvious where we neaded to strengthen

Time on your hands since that sacking in Japan, Alex?

Jim44
01-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Don't panic. For every one the dodgy defence lets through, Riordan, Stokes and Co. will score two. :greengrin

MrSmith
01-09-2009, 05:28 PM

I agree to an extent but I'm delighted we haven't bought the same level of dross due to the madness of the transfer window closing.

Good to see the initial game plan; promote u19's to full squad and I'm sure that loan deals can still ba arranged after the window closes?? please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ray_
01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree to an extent but I'm delighted we haven't bought the same level of dross due to the madness of the transfer window closing.

Good to see the initial game plan; promote u19's to full squad and I'm sure that loan deals can still ba arranged after the window closes?? please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're corrected, only free agents can be signed.

MrSmith
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM

Grand! Ta much! I'm off to wallow in my ignorance....:boo hoo:

Perspective
01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
We can't expect to have every problem position filled, with the right player (crucial) in the space of one window.

It will take Yogi two or three to mould the squad the way he wants it.

Keep the faith!

Leith Green
01-09-2009, 05:43 PM

Hanlon joined st johnstone on a months loan in december last year..
Ahm pretty sure you can send players out on loan to lower league clubs out with the window.. Just not sure of the exact rules for this, or how they can be bended..

The_Todd
01-09-2009, 05:43 PM
The disappointment is oozing out of every one of my open jealous wounds

Spike Mandela
01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
We can't expect to have every problem position filled, with the right player (crucial) in the space of one window.

It will take Yogi two or three to mould the squad the way he wants it.

Keep the faith!

The stark reality is we have lost more first team players than Hearts and signed less players in this window than Hearts. They are in turmoil while we are full of optimism. How is that:confused::confused:

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
The stark reality is we have lost more first team players than Hearts and signed less players in this window than Hearts. They are in turmoil while we are full of optimism. How is that:confused::confused:

Because they've signed utter dross and Hibs have let go of utter dross for the most part.

EskbankHibby
01-09-2009, 06:12 PM

Yogi and 3 victories out of 4 with a narrow defeat to one of the OF.

No doubt about it we have lost good players but Yogi seems to have a plan, understands the game, makes telling substitutions and doesn't panic buy.

We have to give him time to build something. Incidentally i don't think any comparison with Hearts is relevant or justified, they are a ******* mess.

Jim44
01-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Now that the window is shut, Boozy just became much more attractive to just about every club who is aware of his existence - not just us.

Really really really wanted a defended for my birthday :grr:

I think you've possibly hit the nail on the head here. There's maybe a method to Beuzelin's madness to wait till the window closed to up the ante on any offers going his way.

Boozy14
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Be good to see the the big man back,esp now the squad has been reduced,lets just hope we dont get too many injuries or suspensions.It would be good to have Boozy for age and experience and height now,i feel we are a small and young team at present