PDA

View Full Version : Closed doors match today

dalkeith stu
01-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I see in the paper today we have a closed doors match against St Johnstone today. Do you think anyone can go down or does your face have to fit. Only asking as a couple of people at the under 19's match had said they were at the game against Motherwell.
Also i believe these matches are being aranged as there is no reserve league and we could go to those games.

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I see in the paper today we have a closed doors match against St Johnstone today. Do you think anyone can go down or does your face have to fit. Only asking as a couple of people at the under 19's match had said they were at the game against Motherwell.
Also i believe these matches are being aranged as there is no reserve league and we could go to those games.

It's what it has to fit that's the problem.

oconnors_strip
01-09-2009, 06:57 PM
we lost 1 nil.

HibeeUnderwood
01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
When you consider that there is no longer a reserve league, it would be nice to try and arrange some friendlies against other reserve teams across the country and actually have a bit of information, I liked it last season reading reports on the reserve teams matches, it also gives a hell of a lot of information on youth and fringe players, I managed to learn loads about Pinau and Yantorno last season due to the reserve matches! :agree:

oconnors_strip
01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
When you consider that there is no longer a reserve league, it would be nice to try and arrange some friendlies against other reserve teams across the country and actually have a bit of information, I liked it last season reading reports on the reserve teams matches, it also gives a hell of a lot of information on youth and fringe players, I managed to learn loads about Pinau and Yantorno last season due to the reserve matches! :agree:

agree with you! hibs need to publise these games, they are saying its closed doors, but they arent as fans are allowed in to watch them. with the games being played in the afternoon there wont be a stampede of people going to east mains so i dont see a problem in it.

a hibs XI are due to play arbroath on friday, dont know kick off time yet.

MSK
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
agree with you! hibs need to publise these games, they are saying its closed doors, but they arent as fans are allowed in to watch them. with the games being played in the afternoon there wont be a stampede of people going to east mains so i dont see a problem in it.

a hibs XI are due to play arbroath on friday, dont know kick off time yet.Didnt hibs publicise those games because the grounds they were playing in could accomodate supporters..ie toilet..catering & stewarding facilities..whereas East Mains doesnt have those for the public..

Just a thought like...

sahib
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Didnt hibs publicise those games because the grounds they were playing in could accomodate supporters..ie toilet..catering & stewarding facilities..whereas East Mains doesnt have those for the public..

Just a thought like...

:agree:

Probably need some sort of public safety certificate plus stewarding costs etc.

lapsedhibee
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
we lost 1 nil.

Yes, yes, but what we're all waiting to hear is Would Dalkeith Stu's face have fitted, or not? ::I'm waiti

oconnors_strip
01-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Didnt hibs publicise those games because the grounds they were playing in could accomodate supporters..ie toilet..catering & stewarding facilities..whereas East Mains doesnt have those for the public..

Just a thought like...

east mains does have all the facilities for fans to attend matches- toilets, cold and hot drink machines, snack machine, tv with sky sports news and table and chairs for people to sit down at, this is all under cover aswell.

only thing is no stewards, but if they think they are required then they will get some, eg hearts 19s at end of last season.

oconnors_strip
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
:agree:

Probably need some sort of public safety certificate plus stewarding costs etc.

im sure they have the certificate as the under 19s matches were publised last season, quite a few fans attened them every week. as ive said on other post, stewards arent required unless its a "big" match, eg hearts when deciding the league title.

there is ropes put round the pitch so people cant stand on the touch line, its very professionaly organised out at east mains, just shame people dont know they can go to games.

so if people are free on saturday 12th september(*) then get along to east mains to see the 19s play celtic.
(*) subject to change so keep an eye out for confirmed date and time nearer the time.

MSK
01-09-2009, 07:51 PM
east mains does have all the facilities for fans to attend matches- toilets, cold and hot drink machines, snack machine, tv with sky sports news and table and chairs for people to sit down at, this is all under cover aswell.

only thing is no stewards, but if they think they are required then they will get some, eg hearts 19s at end of last season.You obviously know more than me but arent those facilities for parents/relatives etc as opposed to Joe Public ..

I suppose though with no reserve league a lot of those games will be hastily arranged therefore leaving no time to really publicise them ..

oconnors_strip
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
You obviously know more than me but arent those facilities for parents/relatives etc as opposed to Joe Public ..

I suppose though with no reserve league a lot of those games will be hastily arranged therefore leaving no time to really publicise them ..

the parents/relatives use it aswell as they make up most of the support at some of the games:greengrin but anyone can use it. the door through to the changing areas/players areas is locked so its not like people can go wandering around the building.

i think hibs will organise games at least 5 days in advance so i think its plenty time to advertise it. but you can always rely on people on here posting about it!

HIBEES 4 LIFE
02-09-2009, 08:20 AM

a hibs XI are due to play arbroath on friday, dont know kick off time yet.

Think its 7:45 at Gayfield

Steve-O
02-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Why was the reserve league dispensed with anyway?

Scooter
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
someone on the bounce saying theirs a game today??

if anyones going to have a look. it on the " still work to be done thread"

Part/Time Supporter
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Why was the reserve league dispensed with anyway?

cost cutting

If you have a reserve league you have to carry 5-6 extra senior players. Either that or the youth players have to play two games a week.