PDA

View Full Version : Boruc's save-World class

CapitalHibs
31-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Cannae understand a word of the commentary but a picture's worth a thousand words:greengrin

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3321620/

blaikie
31-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Never world class, He was lucky he got it onto the post :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
31-08-2009, 07:34 PM
He was out of position to start with by about two yards.

CapitalHibs
31-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Ach come on guys! Take aff yer Hibs-tinted spectacles.

Part/Time Supporter
31-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Ach come on guys! Take aff yer Hibs-tinted spectacles.

I'm serious. If he had been in the correct starting position he could have caught the ball.

J-C
31-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Can't argue, it was a superb save, earned them a win for sure.

CapitalHibs
31-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm serious. If he had been in the correct starting position he could have caught the ball.

What's the correct starting position to catch a dipping volley from about 30 yards?:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 07:41 PM
That was a great save. I don't know why anyone would try and deny him that.

CapitalHibs
31-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Aye. If a Hibs goalie pulled off something like that we would aw be creaming ourselves:wink:

bingo70
31-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Wonder if Maka made the save we'd be talking about his poor starting position :wink: :devil:

hibsbollah
31-08-2009, 07:53 PM
A really amazing save after seeing it again:top marks Personally I quite like Boruc, he's just a pantomime bad guy, I think his banter with the East has been pretty funny in the past and added to the atmosphere.

Off topic a bit but can you remember a promotion from the youth ranks having such an instant impact as Wotherspoon?

Sioux
31-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Aye. If a Hibs goalie pulled off something like that we would aw be creaming ourselves:wink:

You'd probably be dreaming:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Off topic a bit but can you remember a promotion from the youth ranks having such an instant impact as Wotherspoon?

:agree: Right up there with Scott Brown.

Brando7
31-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Have to say it was a great save, be hard to get a better save for any keeper all season imo n possible go down as save of the season already

fife hfc
31-08-2009, 08:16 PM
A really amazing save after seeing it again:top marks Personally I quite like Boruc, he's just a pantomime bad guy, I think his banter with the East has been pretty funny in the past and added to the atmosphere.

graeme Donald:duck:

matty_f
31-08-2009, 08:18 PM

:agree:

lyonhibs
31-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Poor starting position??

To say that is to detract from the spontaneous (almost) genius and great technique that was Wotherspoon's quick thinking then cracking strike. No way can Boruc remotely have though a shot was coming his way, so I don't think expecting him to be in a pre-set "correct" starting position is realistic.

An absolutely cracking save - definitely world class, from a world class knob right enough, but that WAS a world class save.

Cabbage East
31-08-2009, 08:58 PM
One of the best saves i've ever seen.

Brando7
31-08-2009, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPeX3NRffIk

StuartHibs
31-08-2009, 11:34 PM
talking of hibs goalies pulling off similar standard of saves, i recall big brown pulling off a wonder save from bob malcolm wen we 3-0 at ibrox (for the second time in a row) with the game at 0-0 in the SC.

--------
31-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Wonder if Maka made the save we'd be talking about his poor starting position :wink: :devil:

Some would be blaming Maka for not sprinting 30 yards off his line to close DW down before he got the shot away....

(Not Hibs class, don't you know...)

:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
31-08-2009, 11:42 PM
talking of hibs goalies pulling off similar standard of saves, i recall big brown pulling off a wonder save from bob malcolm wen we 3-0 at ibrox (for the second time in a row) with the game at 0-0 in the SC.

Aye.... and what does one of those bams say on Sky Sports at half time?

"It was a good save... but it wasnt a great one" :grr:

--------
31-08-2009, 11:42 PM
graeme Donald:duck:

Yup. Pat Stanton.

Rod - for any sakes, get this laddie on an extended contract NOW! :grr:

Hibby D
31-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Poor starting position??

To say that is to detract from the spontaneous (almost) genius and great technique that was Wotherspoon's quick thinking then cracking strike. No way can Boruc remotely have though a shot was coming his way, so I don't think expecting him to be in a pre-set "correct" starting position is realistic.

An absolutely cracking save - definitely world class, from a world class knob right enough, but that WAS a world class save.

:agree::top marks

Steve-O
01-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Incredible save, could not believe it when I seen it.

KiddA
01-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Incredible save, could not believe it when I seen it.

Yeah I woke the girlfriend up here in sunny Florida as I thought it was in and so did most of Easter Road. Definitely a world class save and will probably be the save of the season :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
01-09-2009, 06:35 AM
when at the game, we thought Wotherspoons shot hit the post directly. When I got home and saw the replay... WHAT A SAVE. I hate the guy, but that was world class, and definitely already save of the season.
If that was made by a keeper in the EPL, you would be seeing it on constant loop on SSN.

Keith_M
01-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah I woke the girlfriend up here in sunny Florida as I thought it was in and so did most of Easter Road. Definitely a world class save and will probably be the save of the season :agree:

Ooh matron!

:greengrin

Joe Baker II
01-09-2009, 11:06 AM

agreed, he was due a good game at ER it has to be said.

Seveno
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
If the shot had gone in, it would have been one of the best goals ever scored at ER, and we have seen plenty outstanding goals. Instead, we saw one of the most outstanding saves.

Wotherspoon looks like one of the best prospects we have had for many years. Cropley Mark II perhaps ?

Argylehibby
01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah I woke the girlfriend up here in sunny Florida as I thought it was in :

I hope the lady wasn't too upset by your premature congratulations.

hibs1875aye
01-09-2009, 11:48 AM
He also pulled a good save out the bag for one of Riordan's efforts which was definitely netbound, tipping it over the bar. Two good saves.

Still Rankin tried to repeat his squigler though - I dont think he's realised he wont do it again.....without a further 80 attempts at it anyway!