PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket By Monthly Direct Debit

Davy Mac
31-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Sorry if this has already posted and already available.

But, why do we not offer season tickets by monthly direct debit over the season, my local golf club operates a system with Fairway Credit who essentially pay your annual fee and then reclaim it over 12 months with an interest rate of 7% - simples.

Now, I have 3 kids and I didn't renew this year mainly due to work my work committments and although I would love to re-new I can't due to available working capital/cash flow.

If I added up all 4 seasons together it would probably come to about 1 @ £360.00 + 3 @ £90.00 per child = £630 spread over 10 monthly payments (i.e Aug 09 - May 10).

What occurred to me is that Hibs would still get their money before the season started and hopefully more season ticket holders or certainly protect some existing.

Just my thoughts, does anyone know if this scheme exists at Hibs or perhaps a possibility in the future?

Dibben
31-08-2009, 05:34 PM

But, why do we not offer season tickets by monthly direct debit over the season, my local golf club operates a system with Fairway Credit who essentially pay your annual fee and then reclaim it over 12 months with an interest rate of 7% - simples.

Now, I have 3 kids and I didn't renew this year mainly due to work my work committments and although I would love to re-new I can't due to available working capital/cash flow.

If I added up all 4 seasons together it would probably come to about 1 @ £360.00 + 3 @ £90.00 per child = £630 spread over 10 monthly payments (i.e Aug 09 - May 10).

What occurred to me is that Hibs would still get their money before the season started and hopefully more season ticket holders or certainly protect some existing.

Just my thoughts, does anyone know if this scheme exists at Hibs or perhaps a possibility in the future?

Hibs used to do the ST's through a credit company in Hanover Street - think you paid it up over 6 mnths or so.

I see Hearts now have a new card system in operation for season ticket holders. I presume they scan their card at the turnstyle then get in. If Hibs had this where you paid by direct debit, if you missed a payment, the card, I presume, could be restricted so that the holder couldn't get in until monies received.

Only problem with this is clubs wouldn't get the money upfront as they seem to like, they'd get it over 8 months or so!

They only do it over 3 or 4 payments interest free just now IIRC.

BH.

Mikey
31-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Cashflow!

Woody1985
31-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Hibs used to do the ST's through a credit company in Hanover Street - think you paid it up over 6 mnths or so.

I see Hearts now have a new card system in operation for season ticket holders. I presume they scan their card at the turnstyle then get in. If Hibs had this where you paid by direct debit, if you missed a payment, the card, I presume, could be restricted so that the holder couldn't get in until monies received.

Only problem with this is clubs wouldn't get the money upfront as they seem to like, they'd get it over 8 months or so!

They only do it over 3 or 4 payments interest free just now IIRC.

BH.

I'm not keen on these systems. Great idea in principle but when they go wrong / haven't been tested properly/done on the cheap then you end up Donald Ducked.

I don't think getting people into debt through the club is a good thing TBH. Don't think it fits with the image our club portrays and the way we run our finances.

In terms of debt I mean where you've effectively taken out a loan, being charged interest and could end up in court over unpaid debt. Just now, you don't pay, your ST is cancelled.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Teams like to get their cash upfront so that they know how much they have for the season. If they offered a pay it up scheme then you could just stop paying if the team was mince and getting humped every week. If it is arranged through a credit agreement like you have said above, why not just get a loan / overdraft / creditcard?

J-C
31-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Teams like to get their cash upfront so that they know how much they have for the season. If they offered a pay it up scheme then you could just stop paying if the team was mince and getting humped every week. If it is arranged through a credit agreement like you have said above, why not just get a loan / overdraft / creditcard?

Unless you make the season ticket like a contract and you wouldn't be able to stop payments, if that happened though, there'd be a few people taken to court for non payment and too much hassle.
I think the payment scheme they have now is quite fair.