PDA

View Full Version : Keenan and Jack Wilson released

Hibee_Lisa
31-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Been released by mutal consent along with Jack Wilson.

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3653_0_1_0_C

Petrie's Tache
31-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Hopefully one in now!

Broken Gnome
31-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Been released by mutal consent along with Jack Wilson.

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3653_0_1_0_C

Given Ewan Moyes played for Livi on Saturday, and Keenan leaving is probably the worst kept secret at the club, is that maybe the most underwhelming official site update ever?

Barney McGrew
31-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Given Ewan Moyes played for Livi on Saturday, and Keenan leaving is probably the worst kept secret at the club, is that maybe the most underwhelming official site update ever?

They're certainly on the ball about Moyes

PC Stamp
31-08-2009, 04:13 PM

And if they hadn't put anything up then some would be saying it's a disgrace that the official site didn't say anything.

BTW, Keenan being told he can leave and actually leaving are two idfferent things. :wink:

ancienthibby
31-08-2009, 04:19 PM
And if they hadn't put anything up then some would be saying it's a disgrace that the official site didn't say anything.

BTW, Keenan being told he can leave and actually leaving are two idfferent things. :wink:

It says they have been released - past tense:devil:

Gone, finito!!:greengrin

PC Stamp
31-08-2009, 04:21 PM

Correct. Which means he's no longer leaving ... he's left. :wink:

Hibbyradge
31-08-2009, 04:28 PM

Correct. Which means he's no longer leaving ... he's left. :wink:

PC means that until he actually left, he may not have.

He now has so there is something to report.

down-the-slope
31-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Thats a decent and another wage gone plus Livi will be footing some of the Bill for Moyes.

Just JJ to punt & Sols big move and we have cleared the Decks for incomers

PC Stamp
31-08-2009, 04:34 PM
PC means that until he actually left, he may not have.

He now has so there is something to report.

:thumbsup: :agree:

Thats a decent and another wage gone plus Livi will be footing some of the Bill for Moyes.

In Livi's present financial position, maybe his petrol money :greengrin

BT58
31-08-2009, 04:35 PM
what about dvz?????????
he surely has to go too
mind you JH stated that none of his first eleven would be leaving
was that saturdays eleven,,,or against falkirks eleven,,,
hb

MyJo
31-08-2009, 04:37 PM
what about dvz?????????
he surely has to go too
mind you JH stated that none of his first eleven would be leaving
was that saturdays eleven,,,or against falkirks eleven,,,
hb

Van Zanten has another 2 years on his contract and is of some worth to another club at bottom six level so it would be foolish to release him and pay for the privilage, I would expect him to be used as a makeweight in any deal for Darren Barr or Callum Woods.

Cropley10
31-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Good news about Keenan - hope it works out for him somewhere else quickly.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2009, 04:44 PM

I think the point was that Moyes obviously sealed the loan deal last week as he played for Livingston on Saturday. Therefore Hibs should really have announced it on the day that it happened.

It seems a bit pointless to announce it after he's already played a game for another team.

GTMRossaK3
31-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Was at the Montrose game pre-season and was impressed with Wilson - thought he had a great game and controlled the midfield. Downside is probably his size but I think, if he gets the right move, he could do well.

Good luck.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Keenan was one of the worst players we have seen at easter road, well done Yogi.:thumbsup:

Frazerbob
31-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Keenan apparently been talking to a club in Cyprus. Not all bad for the lad then! Good luck to him. Never made the grade at ER and "wasn't Hibs class" but had a good attitude IMHO.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Keenan was one of the worst players we have seen at easter road, well done Yogi.:thumbsup:

He could well be a sucess in a non-physical league, but in truth even wee jinky mcluskey would have been able to shoulder him off the ball. Seems to have a decent attitude though as no obvious signs of bad mouthing, so I wish him well too.:agree:

Stoney Hibee
31-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Was at the Montrose game pre-season and was impressed with Wilson - thought he had a great game and controlled the midfield. Downside is probably his size but I think, if he gets the right move, he could do well.

Good luck.

I was at this game as well and was pretty impressed as well, I know what you are saying about his size but he could not be much smaller than Chisholm and how chances did he get in the first team?

Hopefully Jack is able to go out and find himself a club.

HibeeUnderwood
31-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Take it from me, Chisholm was worse! Waste of a jersey, thank **** he's gone. Maybe he'll do better for Shammy. All the best to him!

oconnors_strip
31-08-2009, 10:51 PM
I was at this game as well and was pretty impressed as well, I know what you are saying about his size but he could not be much smaller than Chisholm and how chances did he get in the first team?

Hopefully Jack is able to go out and find himself a club.

jack has signed for doncaster

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Take it from me, Chisholm was worse! Waste of a jersey, thank **** he's gone. Maybe he'll do better for Shammy. All the best to him!

To be fair, we are talking about two bald men fighting over a combe.:wink: Lets just be thankfull Yogi has spotted the crap early on in his tenure, and he's getting rid of all the **** quickly. Still a few to go, but he's getting there.:thumbsup:

Frogga
31-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I agree with the poster who said that he wasn't the worst...

All the best to them both.

MB62
01-09-2009, 07:21 AM

Good luck.

What, was he over 6ft tall?
Cannae be having any of these giants in our midfield :wink: :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2009, 06:22 PM

publicly confirmed

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/championship/generalnews/wilson-joins-doncaster-992188593.html

Jim44
01-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Good move for the young guy.

sundo1875
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~1784783,00.html

Betty Boop
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~1784783,00.html

Recommended by Tony Mowbray.:greengrin

500miles
02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm suprised he never got a crack at the first team. Heard good things when he played for the under 19s.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Fairly substantial evidence for a greggs thread? :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
02-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Never saw him play much but was told he was very good.

Can more of the regulars who have seen the U19's comment ?

BEEJ
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
From the Doncaster Rovers site:

Rovers also signed Scottish midfielder Jack Wilson on a short-term contract.

"He's a 19 year old player who was recommended to us by Tony Mowbray" said O'Kelly. "He's with Hibs, but he's not going to play up there because he's a little dot". "He's not the biggest of players but he has got a bright football brain and he has got two good feet and likes to get at people.

"We have had him for the last few days and he is a good footballer. He probably wants to play in the centre of midfield, but he'll probably play in an area like John Oster."

Sounds like the usual issue of limited physical stature.