PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gary Mackay-a fine choice

ancient hibee
31-08-2009, 03:36 PM
See that in today's News McKay admits to taking a dive at Ibrox and spitting on Darren Jackson.A fine choice to represent the Hearts viewpoint in the News and a more than suitable choice to follow the Noble Lord Foulkes.

The_Todd
31-08-2009, 03:40 PM
See that in today's News McKay admits to taking a dive at Ibrox and spitting on Darren Jackson.A fine choice to represent the Hearts viewpoint in the News and a more than suitable choice to follow the Noble Lord Foulkes.

And not suprising to see the Fud then defend McGreedy.

johnrebus
31-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Not to mention racially abusing Kevin Harper.

The guy is a creep.

:jamboak:

CyberSauzee
31-08-2009, 03:44 PM

No mention of monkey noises and Kevin Harper?

MSK
31-08-2009, 03:45 PM
See that in today's News McKay admits to taking a dive at Ibrox and spitting on Darren Jackson.A fine choice to represent the Hearts viewpoint in the News and a more than suitable choice to follow the Noble Lord Foulkes.A man i simply could never bring myself to like..i spoke to him a few years back when he coached hearts U13's (i think) along wi former hearts player Jimmy (chippy) Wood, Chippy was great & although a jambo through & through still enjoyed a bit o friendly banter..Mackay on the other hand .....:jamboak:

poolman
31-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Not to mention racially abusing Kevin Harper.

The guy is a creep.

:jamboak:

And for reasons I cant go into here as the admins would not be happy I can definitely say YES, the guy is a creep :agree:

JE89
31-08-2009, 03:48 PM
A man i simply could never bring myself to like..i spoke to him a few years back when he coached hearts U13's (i think) along wi former hearts player Jimmy (chippy) Wood, Chippy was great & although a jambo through & through still enjoyed a bit o friendly banter..Mackay on the other hand .....:jamboak:

He seemed alright when I met him. Enjoyed a bit of Hibs/Hearts banter

MSK
31-08-2009, 03:55 PM
He seemed alright when I met him. Enjoyed a bit of Hibs/Hearts banterNah..the times i met him he must have had his "serious" head on ...maybe i just picked the wrong time o the month ..

JE89
31-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Nah..the times i met him he must have had his "serious" head on ...maybe i just picked the wrong time o the month ..

:tee hee:

No doubt he is a phanny though :agree:

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 04:15 PM
No mention of monkey noises and Kevin Harper?

When did he do that ???

jakedance
31-08-2009, 04:40 PM
At Tynecastle. My memory was that he barged him off the pitch then very clearly made monkey noises at him and got sent off. Didn't we go to win the game?

He's a good ambassador for the club.

jakedance
31-08-2009, 04:46 PM
I've just remembered another reason why I don't like him. In the game at Tynie when Geebsie scored to end THAT run McKay had a dig from outside the box that flew over the ball at great speed right into my face.

He's a prick.

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 04:46 PM
At Tynecastle. My memory was that he barged him off the pitch then very clearly made monkey noises at him and got sent off. Didn't we go to win the game?

He's a good ambassador for the club.

Pretty sure it was at ER and he didnt get sent off. From what I remember he fouled Harper then could clearly be seen to be making monkey noises when the tv zoomed in. Shameful that this was subsequently brushed under the carpet.

The Baldmans Comb
31-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Pretty sure it was at ER and he didnt get sent off. From what I remember he fouled Harper then could clearly be seen to be making monkey noises when the tv zoomed in. Shameful that this was subsequently brushed under the carpet.

That's exactly right, Harper complained to the SFA and despite the TV evidence it was swep under the carpet presumably as TV evidence wasn't admissable.:boo hoo:

Cabbage East
31-08-2009, 04:58 PM
And for reasons I cant go into here as the admins would not be happy I can definitely say YES, the guy is a creep :agree:

If we're talking about the same thing then creep doesn't cover it, Mackay is filth.

matty_f
31-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I've just remembered another reason why I don't like him. In the game at Tynie when Geebsie scored to end THAT run McKay had a dig from outside the box that flew over the ball at great speed right into my face.

He's a prick.

:faf: Sorry, shouldn't laugh, but that's a great reason to dislike the guy!:greengrin

Joe Baker II
31-08-2009, 05:01 PM
That's exactly right, Harper complained to the SFA and despite the TV evidence it was swep under the carpet presumably as TV evidence wasn't admissable.:boo hoo:

The media did not help much either with their "how could a dedicated senior professional like Mackay who had played with black players be a dedicated racist" whitewashing comments.

Baader
31-08-2009, 05:08 PM
His monkey impersonations were at ER.

McKay has certainly warranted his place as a Yamboid legend and is no doubt chuffed to take his place in The Rogues Gallery.

poolman
31-08-2009, 05:10 PM
If we're talking about the same thing then creep doesn't cover it, Mackay is filth.

Could well be and yes, your last three words are correctomundo :agree:

lyonhibs
31-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Ah good. In the Yam top trumpet trumps, the EEN have managed to outdo themselves here.

A great representative for HoMFC - show us yer medals Gary.

Mondays should be fun again.

Phil D. Rolls
31-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Ah good. In the Yam top trumpet trumps, the EEN have managed to outdo themselves here.

A great representative for HoMFC - show us yer medals Gary.

Mondays should be fun again.

Would I be right in saying that he didn't win any medals? Surely his part in the most infamous series of 0-0 draws in history was worth something.

Fair's fair, he's a definite Hearts legend though.

spudhib
31-08-2009, 06:19 PM
When Deek was getting dogs abuse for his celebration at swynie last season all i could think of was Mackay giving it fistpumps to the terracing on numerous occasions at ER in the 80s,:grr:

maturehibby
31-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Lower than a snakes scrotum IMHO

lyonhibs
31-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Would I be right in saying that he didn't win any medals? Surely his part in the most infamous series of 0-0 draws in history was worth something.

That was the intended jist of that sentence.................:greengrin

Aye, I guess he is a Hearts Legend. By a fair few accounts he's a nasty piece of work off the pitch, and doubtless he will slaver volumes of magnificent pish every time he contributes to the EEN.

I look forward to reading his efforts.

jakedance
31-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I was sure the monkey thing was at Tynie. Was there a different game at Tynie then where he was sent of after barging Harper off the pitch?

My memory is murder.

jabis
31-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I was sure the monkey thing was at Tynie. Was there a different game at Tynie then where he was sent of after barging Harper off the pitch?

My memory is murder.

getting smacked in the puss by the ba' no doubt :agree:

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 06:56 PM

A couple of losers medals I can remember.

Brizo
31-08-2009, 07:00 PM
In my very limited dealings with Mackay many years ago I found him to fully live up to my expectations :wink: Some Hibbies I know do however maintain that hes a good guy :confused:.

If hes "writing" for the EEN I hope theyve bought in a substantial supply of crayons and are helping him with that joined up writing malarkey.

Cropley10
31-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Mackay is filthy scu m - and as others have already said a perfecter 'ambasurder' for Hertz.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I've known him for many years, and I'd even call him a friend. While I certainly can't defend the treatment of Kevin Harper, I've always found him to be a decent sort.

BurghHibby
01-09-2009, 01:38 AM
MacKay is a total fud that sleeps with the light on.
Usually tried to act the hard man on the pitch when he had freckle pus Bowman to back him up but never tried it on with anybody who could handle themselves like Geebsy, Mickey Weir etc.
Remember Calumn Milne chasing him about the pitch shouting at him just to frighten the wee toad.
Also remember him being in my local with Kano on a charity gig, when he tried it on with some of the females in the pub, one of the guys took exception and asked him if he would like to discuss the matter further outside the pub but he suddenly remembered he had to be elsewhere, bottle merchant!!

Steve-O
01-09-2009, 02:28 AM

My memory is murder.

He was sent off in the 1-0 win at Tynecastle in 1994, but I think it was Brian Hamilton that he barged off the pitch, Harper hadn't broke into the team yet.

He was also sent off for stamping on Gareth Evans a year or so after that at ER.

I don't actually remember the racial incident - what was the score in that game? :confused:

emmjayfox
01-09-2009, 11:29 AM
do you remember the tantrum he took when the pie man was around, if my memory serves me right he took back his framed scotland top from the wall inside tyne :faf::faf: what a loss that was,grade one A HOLE.

borders.cabbage
01-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Seem to remember he got a pish turnout for his testimonial. Less than 5,000 or so IIRC. Always thought the racist incident with Harper was while he played for Airdrie and Harper was later sent off for a two footed challenge on the fud.:dunno:

fergal7
01-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Seem to remember he got a pish turnout for his testimonial. Less than 5,000 or so IIRC. Always thought the racist incident with Harper was while he played for Airdrie and Harper was later sent off for a two footed challenge on the fud.:dunno:

Nope. Hearts Captain at the time.

MozHibs1875
01-09-2009, 01:45 PM

Can you not at least give us a wee hint ?:wink:

Sean1875
01-09-2009, 03:32 PM
ai, im very intrigued :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
In his defence, I have to say that he was possibly an innocent dupe in all the Romanov stuff. When the solids hit the ventilation, MacKay seemed to realise that his best policy was to keep his head down, and I'd like to think that he has maybe been chastened by the experience.

On the negative side, he never seemed to be slow in coming forward when the photographer came to Tynecastle. And he was a loser on the pitch who somehow seemed to turn it around into being a great hero.

It's significant that one of the first things Jeffries did when getting the janitor's office at Tynie, was that he emptied MacKay and the rest of his clique. He obviously spotted that those guys weren't going to do anything, and it didn't take long for them to lift the Scottish Cup, and propel them into to mega team status.

Unfortunately that's all in the past now, and they seem to be a pretty wee team, if recent events are anything to go by.

poolman
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM

Sorry, could end up wi the admins doin this to me :take that