PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor called up to replace Kyle; no Riordan (merged)

silverhibee
31-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Just on Sky Sports that he has been called up to the Scotland squad for the
injured Kevin Kyle.

Hibbie_Cameron
31-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Should have been in from the off

Cabbage East
31-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Should have been in from the off

Exactly.

Leitherhibs
31-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Getting a game in the premiership, has to be included.

Randerson_4
31-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah agree he should be included in the first place

matty_f
31-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Just on Sky Sports that he has been called up to the Scotland squad for the
injured Kevin Kyle.

You would have to think that we'd need to be in a parallel universe for it ever to be acceptable to be that way round.

Sadly, with Burley in charge...:bitchy:

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I find it amazing that he wasn't in from the start.......

RIP
31-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Played well on Saturday. Has the physical strength to work as a target man in the EPL

Colin - get yersel' in that gym!!

HibbyAndy
31-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Go Garry!!

oconnors_strip
31-08-2009, 03:03 PM
well done gaz! he deserves it after his hard work recently.

KeithTheHibby
31-08-2009, 03:07 PM
So Kevin Kyle finds himself back in the Scotland squad after what can only be described as a purple patch for Kilmarnock.

On the back of him pulling out Burley then brings in Garry O'Connor who has done next to nothing for as long as I can remember for club and country.

The question I have is why no Derek Riordan??

Burley was at the game yesterday and must have witnessed Riordan's performance which was one of his best in a Hibs jersey. He has once again carried on where he left off last season, scoring goals.

Incase anyone thinks that I have the green-tinted specs on I would also have Lee Wallace in their before any other has or never been to fill the left back spot.

The sooner this campaign is over and Burley is emptied the better, the guy is a clueless half-wit who should never have got the job in the first place.

Riordans Boots
31-08-2009, 03:09 PM
So Kevin Kyle finds himself back in the Scotland squad after what can only be described as a purple patch for Kilmarnock.

On the back of him pulling out Burley then brings in Garry O'Connor who has done next to nothing for as long as I can remember for club and country.

Burley was at the game yesterday and must have witnessed Riordan's performance which was one of his best in a Hibs jersey. He has once again carried on where he left off last season, scoring goals. :agree:

Incase anyone thinks that I have the green-tinted specs on I would also have Lee Wallace in their before any other has or never been to fill the left back spot. :agree:

The sooner this campaign is over and Burley is emptied the better, the guy is a clueless half-wit who should never have got the job in the first place. :agree:

Well said :top marks

Westie1875
31-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Burley has been at quite a lot of our games recently (end of last season as well as a couple already this season). Begs the question, if he isn't watching Riordan then who on earth is he watching?

ancient hibee
31-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Burley has been at quite a lot of our games recently (end of last season as well as a couple already this season). Begs the question, if he isn't watching Riordan then who on earth is he watching?

Colin Nish.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 03:20 PM

Burley was at the game yesterday and must have witnessed Riordan's performance which was one of his best in a Hibs jersey. He has once again carried on where he left off last season, scoring goals.

Incase anyone thinks that I have the green-tinted specs on I would also have Lee Wallace in their before any other has or never been to fill the left back spot.

The sooner this campaign is over and Burley is emptied the better, the guy is a clueless half-wit who should never have got the job in the first place.

only a matter o time b4 Deek and Wallace are in the team. As we have have no leftsided players

jgl07
31-08-2009, 03:20 PM
All three of Scotland's strikers in the squad are Hibs products.

Kenny Miller, Garry O'Connor. Steven Fletcher.

Shame about Riordan.

Broken Gnome
31-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Well Kevin Kyle was in for a very specific reason, I'm not sure Derek Riordan would be quite so cut out in Burley's attempts to find a poor man's John Carew.

Sylar
31-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Lets be honest - If Kyle were playing for us and scoring the number of goals he's scored since joining Killie (and continues to do so, injury apart), we'd be screaming for his inclusion! His service at Killie isn't exactly world class, so to score as many as he's done without a decent midfield backing is admirable.

I have to say, for all O'Conner is getting a regular place in the BC starting lineup, he's not doing much in terms of goalscoring, but it's a like for like replacement for Kyle, with one big target man replacing another.

I still think Riordan should be in the squad, as some of the picks are utter dross.

J-C
31-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Garry's a different type of striker to riordan, similar to Kyle, big, strong and robust, like for like.

PC Stamp
31-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Latest in a long line IMHO.

Cabbage East
31-08-2009, 05:01 PM
The quality just isn't there in that Scotland squad, how can Burley NOT pick Deek?

Frazerbob
31-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Thankfully there are no long distance away games he might not fancy coming up. :stirrer:

Green Machine
31-08-2009, 05:36 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: