PDA

View Full Version : Boruc the good guy

Jack
31-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Canny mind who it was that ran through on the Celtc goal yesterday shadowed by two defenders and eventually ended up on his bahookie, in the box, looking quite badly hurt, Boruc had no hesitation in chucking the ball out.

Inside that fat ******* there's a good guy trying to get out! :wink:

Well done Boruc. :thumbsup:

So it had me thinking what to do when the ball is kicked out, or play is stopped, when a player picks up an injury .

1. When the ball is kicked out by a team mate. The opposition should keep the ball at the restart.

2. When the ball is kicked out by an opponent of the injured player. At the restart the ball should be played back to the opposition.

Of course there are those, like me, who think play should continue until the referee stops play. On the restart the ball is played as seen fit by the player(s) on the bounce.

To hell with the consequences on the restart when players ‘take control’ i.e. when the opponents kick the ball out of play when one of their players go down Deeks is more than entitled to have a shot a goal, indeed in these circumstance we should take control of play.

YehButNoBut
31-08-2009, 10:36 AM
To be fair to him I thought he was outstanding for them yesterday, capped of course by that save from Wotherspoon.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2009, 10:36 AM
To be fair to him I thought he was outstanding for them yesterday, capped of course by that save from Wotherspoon.

:agree:

Woody1985
31-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I think the ball should be played back to the team who kicked it out for the injured player.

The problem with this now stems from the fact that players feign injury to get play stopped. Thinking of Seville and those diving ***** Porto. One of the worst displays of sportsmanship I've ever seen in a single game.

I agree with UEFAs stance that play should only be stopped for a headknock or serious injury.

If there is a non threatening situation i.e you're not on a quick counter attack, the ball is bouncing around the middle of the park in the 20th minute at 0-0 then the ball should be kicked out and replayed IMO. The only contention is when some diving **** goes down in the 90th minute when they're 2-1 up for example.

UEFA have drawn the line in the right place but if the two teams are good sportmen then I don't see the issue with playing it out and passing it back.

heretoday
31-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Boruc won the match for them.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2009, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Jack;2154984]Canny mind who it was that ran through on the Celtc goal yesterday shadowed by two defenders and eventually ended up on his bahookie, in the box, looking quite badly hurt, Boruc had no hesitation in chucking the ball out.

i think it was patrick cregg :nerd:

P.S. and if it wasn't him...it was kevin McBride

The_Sauz
31-08-2009, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Jack;2154984]Canny mind who it was that ran through on the Celtc goal yesterday shadowed by two defenders and eventually ended up on his bahookie, in the box, looking quite badly hurt, Boruc had no hesitation in chucking the ball out.

i think it was patrick cregg :nerd:

P.S. and if it wasn't him...it was kevin McBride

It was Cregg :agree:

maturehibby
31-08-2009, 11:11 AM
The bad side of me says that he Boruc thinks if I throw the ball out I can waste time by letting him get treatment and the ball will be played back to me afterwards and I can then waste more time before returning it into play

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 11:44 AM

100% agree with that

--------
31-08-2009, 11:47 AM

Agree.

Have to say that Stack also had two excellent saves towards the end - just seen them on the highlights. The one from Killen and the one at the feet of Samaras.

We deserved a draw. :boo hoo:

Green forever
31-08-2009, 11:47 AM
The bad side of me says that he Boruc thinks if I throw the ball out I can waste time by letting him get treatment and the ball will be played back to me afterwards and I can then waste more time before returning it into play

Could be wrong but think it was in the 1st half when it was still 0 - 0.

greenlex
31-08-2009, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;2155026]

It was Cregg :agree:

Yup it was Cregg. If he is down you know he us hurt. Easy decision to make so on that basis the Pole is still a fanny. A good keeper but a fanny.

maturehibby
31-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Could be wrong but think it was in the 1st half when it was still 0 - 0.

Shows how soon they started to waste time
ha ha

RickyS
31-08-2009, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=WhosYourDaddy;2155052]

Yup it was Cregg. If he is down you know he us hurt. Easy decision to make so on that basis the Pole is still a fanny. A good keeper but a fanny.

wonder if it was his helping of cregg which saved him from the stick he normally takes?

EskbankHibby
31-08-2009, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=WhosYourDaddy;2155052]

Agreed, nice gesture and he played well but there is something about Boruc that means even the Dalai Lama would want to punch him, very irritating man.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2009, 01:14 PM
His save against Wotherspoon is up there with the best save in the history of football. Utterly outstanding.

He's still a fat welt like.