PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket - Contribution from SKY/ESPN

dangermouse
31-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Since I have had a season ticket I have not missed a league game at Easter Road. However, I couldn't make it yesterday due to other commitments and ended up having to watch the game on TV.

As the best value season tickets in the SPL must be for Rantic (all their home games will be played on a Saturday at 3PM unless they played in Europe midweek) I feel the rest of the SPL season ticket holders should get some sort of compensation for being mucked about by the TV companies when they play these teams.

Maybe the compensation should come from the SPL who brokered the deal in the first place.

Thoughts?

StevieC
31-08-2009, 10:22 AM
We already get compensation .. it goes to the clubs.

The chances of that filtering down to the supporters is pretty unlikely though.

:rolleyes:

Antifa Hibs
31-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Never in a million years would that happen.

Best folk can hope for is a discounted season ticket WITHOUT OF and Hertz matches, they can then choose to purchase tickets for these games at £2 cheaper.........

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:15 PM
As the best value season tickets in the SPL must be for Rantic (all their home games will be played on a Saturday at 3PM unless they played in Europe midweek) I feel the rest of the SPL season ticket holders should get some sort of compensation for being mucked about by the TV companies when they play these teams.

Maybe the compensation should come from the SPL who brokered the deal in the first place.

Thoughts?

That's a great point.

bobbyhibs1983
31-08-2009, 12:37 PM
i think its a very good point imo,For the last 3-4 seasons my brother and sisters and I had season tickets and well this season we just cannot afford it.price being the main reason.

If i could afford it i would maybe get it but i d because of silly tv shedules(sp) IF i could afford it im maybe 50-50 of getitng oneI can understnad the odd game being sunday early k.O but it could be saturday early k.o monday night kick off, wednesday night k,o thrusday night k,o.
Im unsure about it but how many people would be put off by this?

Alot of people say work monday to friday say 9am to 5pm and they live out of edinburgh and next weeks game is on thruday night and they wont be able to make it on time, how many of these situations would occur during a season?

Another point is i think there are alot of parents who take there kids and well these kids are prehaps between the ages of lets say 2 and 9.how many parents would wanna take there kids to a 745pm k.o , game ending say around 9 30pm and they have to travel all the way home(some people live maybe 5-10mins from the ground so this is less a problem) and lettign there youngish kids stay up late(late for a kid)?

MB62
31-08-2009, 12:55 PM
i think its a very good point imo,For the last 3-4 seasons my brother and sisters and I had season tickets and well this season we just cannot afford it.price being the main reason.

If i could afford it i would maybe get it but i d because of silly tv shedules(sp) IF i could afford it im maybe 50-50 of getitng oneI can understnad the odd game being sunday early k.O but it could be saturday early k.o monday night kick off, wednesday night k,o thrusday night k,o.
Im unsure about it but how many people would be put off by this?

Alot of people say work monday to friday say 9am to 5pm and they live out of edinburgh and next weeks game is on thruday night and they wont be able to make it on time, how many of these situations would occur during a season?

Another point is i think there are alot of parents who take there kids and well these kids are prehaps between the ages of lets say 2 and 9.how many parents would wanna take there kids to a 745pm k.o , game ending say around 9 30pm and they have to travel all the way home(some people live maybe 5-10mins from the ground so this is less a problem) and lettign there youngish kids stay up late(late for a kid)?

Have you been out on the bevy with Dashing Bob S? :greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
31-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Have you been out on the bevy with Dashing Bob S? :greengrin

so your asking me if i have been out with a guy who is dashing and named bob?

well i might have,but then again :dizzy:

Part/Time Supporter
31-08-2009, 01:53 PM
That's a great point.

Absolutely. Setanta cut their nose off to spite their face with that policy of showing whoever the OF were playing away from home. They missed some very good games at Ibrox / Celtic Park against other teams which may otherwise have been televised.