PDA

View Full Version : NHC AC Milan 0-4 Inter Milan

Steve-O
31-08-2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezl_6zvuvm8

Couple of no bad goals from Jose's boys here :agree:

Sylar
31-08-2009, 09:34 AM
It's amazing, the gulf in class which has opened up between the Milan clubs in recent years - for as long as I can remember (probably not too long compared to some of our posters on here I suppose) AC Milan were always the dominant force in the city, particularly since the turn of the century, winning Serie A, their numerous successes in Europe and their progression to signing Galacticos on a regular basis.

It very much appears that the era of superstars in Italy has reached an end though, as there aren't very many big names left these days (In comparison to the days when the likes of Ronaldo (Snr.), Kaka, Zidane, Cannavaro etc graced the Italian league - perhaps the years of corruption and mafioso money has finally caught up with the top clubs!

maturehibby
31-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Gatusso coming over to get subbed and no Milan player ready to replace him .
So the ex hun goes back into the fray after having been previously booked scythes a Inter player down and gets himself rightly sent off leaving his team already behind to play against arguably the best team in Italy /Europe with 10 men a no brainer.
Leonardo must also carry the can for this by not having a player ready to replace his captain .
This will ensue that he has a short tenure in the Managers job - a pity as he is a Gentleman but again its the Fergusons/Allerdyces that survive and not the "Nice" managers

Biggie
31-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Gatusso coming over to get subbed and no Milan player ready to replace him .
So the ex hun goes back into the fray after having been previously booked scythes a Inter player down and gets himself rightly sent off leaving his team already behind to play against arguably the best team in Italy /Europe with 10 men a no brainer.
Leonardo must also carry the can for this by not having a player ready to replace his captain .
This will ensue that he has a short tenure in the Managers job - a pity as he is a Gentleman but again its the Fergusons/Allerdyces that survive and not the "Nice" managers
Was thinking exactly the same thing MH, terrible organisation.
As for Milan, what a decline of a great team...too many past it...I think there's at least 6 aged over 30 and Ronaldhino (sp ?) was awful, he needs punted.
Where's all the youngsters ?......no new blood coming through ?.....yeah, Milan look a spent force and Leonardo's coat will be on a shoogly peg....shame as I like milan as well.

Woody1985
31-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I think Milan's problem is that they've never blooded any players. We've always spoke about the old masters and how the average age was +28/+30 etc and their experience really showed.

However, once the big names diminish then they're left with a massive rebuilding job.

All the hope they have rests on a 20 y/o (if that) Pato. Desperate times. My mate who watched lots of Itialian football doesn't think they'll get near a CL place this season. RM must also be rubbing their hands at the CL draw.

euro Hibby
31-08-2009, 01:03 PM
The fact is Milan fans are fuming ! The club this year has brought in just one player ( Huntelaar from Madrid ) and he is pretty crap. Apaprently the owner ( Silvio Berlusconi ) does not want to invest anymore in outside buys and has ordered in a Vladish fashion to rely on youth. Milan have had no youth policy for years and this is possibly why the likes of Paolo Maldini did not get a backroom job because he brought this point forward. Leonardo, was also a cheaper option as a manager as he came from within their club structure.
They do have an ageing team, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso, ambrosetti so it looks like a hard year from them. Pato is brilliant however and would love him at Easter road. Likely destination someday Chelsea where Ancelotti is manager. Good time to get out.............. I live in Italy so follow this quite closely.

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Poor result for Milan, especially losing at home to your rivals. :wink:

ScottB
31-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I was reading that in the next couple of years the tv deal will change in Italy and it will basically give the Serie A sides the sort of money required to compete with the EPL teams. As that is the clincher at the moment, even low end English Premiership teams can pay more for players than some of the top Italian sides.

As for Inter, they were the only top side not implicated in the match fixing scandal and they haven't looked back since.

Randerson_4
31-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Some hit by Stankovic for the 4th!

euro Hibby
31-08-2009, 02:19 PM
If I remember correctly neither were Milan o Roma implicated in the scandal. Juventus were the only team to be relegated. Milans demise like many of the Italian teams is economical as they don't have as much cash as English clubs but also because many of them did not look after their own youth set ups which no also sell on a much wider market.

Randerson_4
31-08-2009, 02:23 PM
If I remember correctly neither were Milan o Roma implicated in the scandal. Juventus were the only team to be relegated. Milans demise like many of the Italian teams is economical as they don't have as much cash as English clubs but also because many of them did not look after their own youth set ups which no also sell on a much wider market.

IIRC, AS Milan were deducted loads of points and banned from Europe?

Future17
31-08-2009, 03:40 PM
IIRC, AS Milan were deducted loads of points and banned from Europe?

Correct.

The sad fact is that this has been coming for a while. No investment in the team, no youth policy and no direction.

Leonardo has an impossible job on his hands and a job for which he is very much under-qualified.

Having said that, I still think Pato was the best player on the pitch on Saturday.

Leithenhibby
31-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Fantastic forth gooooaaaaalll by Stankovic :agree: I remember my beloved Hi-bees playing like that :agree: A long, long time ago..

BT58
31-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Some hit by Stankovic for the 4th!

certainly was :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
what about the camera work for the penalty,,,,,,,,,,jeezo i thought the camera man was running behind the guy who scored,,,[must have been a blimp,,,,but it couldnt have been as guttoso was already on the pitch
:wink::wink::wink:
hb