PDA

View Full Version : Realistic transfer activity before Tuesday

zlatan
31-08-2009, 12:36 AM
So we have a massive list of rumours of players coming and going but what do you personally expect to happen before the window 'slams' shut on Tuesday evening?

Out - Bamba to Blackburn, Keenan, JJ both released and a host of youngsters to be loaned out.

In - no one

:boo hoo:

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:39 AM
So we have a massive list of rumours of players coming and going but what do you personally expect to happen before the window 'slams' shut on Tuesday evening?

Out - Bamba to Blackburn, Keenan, JJ both released and a host of youngsters to be loaned out.

In - no one

Wed morning.

In - rumours.

Out - Hartley (eventually)

zlatan
31-08-2009, 12:41 AM
How vulnerable are you feeling in your drunken state sir?

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:44 AM
How vulnerable are you feeling in your drunken state sir?

Ehm, increasingly so, after thinking about your question.

GreenOnions
31-08-2009, 07:48 AM
It will be interesting in a number of ways:

If you assume that, broadly speaking, a manager would want two players for each position plus youngsters then we currently have:

GK - 2
Full backs - 4 McCann, Van Zanten, Hanlon and Murray
Centre Backs - 3 Bamba, Hogg, McCormack
Wide/attacking mid - 3 Zemmama, Wotherspoon and Galbraith
Central Mid - 6 Cregg, McBride, Rankin, Stevenson, Thicot and Keenan
Strikers - 6 Riordan, Stokes, Benji, Nish, JJ and Byrne

That makes a squad of 24 plus Flynn, Currie, Wilson, Welsh and Deane. So 29 in total plus Moyes out on loan.

The most obvious things are that Keenan has no squad number and we have too many strikers. Fair to assume then that Joe and at least one of the strikers will be offloaded. Candidates presumably JJ (released) and Nish (only because he could possibly generate a fee).

Thereafter it's a question of whether Yogi rates the options we currently have and whether anyone who could command a fee can be replaced.

Most on here would argue that we need a right back (unless Wotherspoon is to play there). If that's the case then you would have to assume that one of the current right backs is surplus. Van Zanten could be away then IMHO.

I would also argue that we are short of quality in central midfield with too many "squad" players in that area. IMHO - potential departure could be Thicot in addition to Keenan.

So that would be Keenan, JJ, Van Zanten and Thicot as prime candidates plus Nish if he can generate a fee.

Those departures would leave us short at right back and central midfield. Personally I would like to see Beuzelin and Arfield for midfield and I am assuming Yogi wants Barr for RB.

That - I would imagine - would be that - unless of course we lose Bamba because he can generate a substantial fee to fund purchases.

In that case we would need a central defender too with physical presence - O'Dea or Anderson.

My predictions:

Out: Keenan, Van Zanten, Thicot, JJ, Nish, Bamba
In: Beuzelin, Arfield, Barr and O'Dea

That would leave our overall squad at two fewer than just now (22 plus youngsters instead of 24). Would be interesting if it came to pass. The start of the week has never been so exciting!

Auckland Hibs
31-08-2009, 08:08 AM
It will be interesting in a number of ways:

If you assume that, broadly speaking, a manager would want two players for each position plus youngsters then we currently have:

GK - 2
Full backs - 4 McCann, Van Zanten, Hanlon and Murray
Centre Backs - 3 Bamba, Hogg, McCormack
Wide/attacking mid - 3 Zemmama, Wotherspoon and Galbraith
Central Mid - 6 Cregg, McBride, Rankin, Stevenson, Thicot and Keenan
Strikers - 6 Riordan, Stokes, Benji, Nish, JJ and Byrne

That makes a squad of 24 plus Flynn, Currie, Wilson, Welsh and Deane. So 29 in total plus Moyes out on loan.

The most obvious things are that Keenan has no squad number and we have too many strikers. Fair to assume then that Joe and at least one of the strikers will be offloaded. Candidates presumably JJ (released) and Nish (only because he could possibly generate a fee).

Thereafter it's a question of whether Yogi rates the options we currently have and whether anyone who could command a fee can be replaced.

Most on here would argue that we need a right back (unless Wotherspoon is to play there). If that's the case then you would have to assume that one of the current right backs is surplus. Van Zanten could be away then IMHO.

I would also argue that we are short of quality in central midfield with too many "squad" players in that area. IMHO - potential departure could be Thicot in addition to Keenan.

So that would be Keenan, JJ, Van Zanten and Thicot as prime candidates plus Nish if he can generate a fee.

Those departures would leave us short at right back and central midfield. Personally I would like to see Beuzelin and Arfield for midfield and I am assuming Yogi wants Barr for RB.

That - I would imagine - would be that - unless of course we lose Bamba because he can generate a substantial fee to fund purchases.

In that case we would need a central defender too with physical presence - O'Dea or Anderson.

My predictions:

Out: Keenan, Van Zanten, Thicot, JJ, Nish, Bamba
In: Beuzelin, Arfield, Barr and O'Dea

That would leave our overall squad at two fewer than just now (22 plus youngsters instead of 24). Would be interesting if it came to pass. The start of the week has never been so exciting!

Good post with most of the angles covered.

I would be absolutely delighted if Arfield ended up at ER, I think he would be a fantastic signing. I would settle for Boozy but he doesn't have to be signed before the deadline as he's a free agent.

IMO I can't see there being anyone coming in before the deadline, however I think that JJ, Thicot and Keenan will be released.

cabbage07
31-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Good post with most of the angles covered.

I would be absolutely delighted if Arfield ended up at ER, I think he would be a fantastic signing. I would settle for Boozy but he doesn't have to be signed before the deadline as he's a free agent.

IMO I can't see there being anyone coming in before the deadline, however I think that JJ, Thicot and Keenan will be released.

No chance of 4 coming in Hibs are hopeing to get 2 in my source cant be any closer to knowing whats happening at ER :cool2:

GreenOnions
31-08-2009, 08:27 AM
No chance of 4 coming in Hibs are hopeing to get 2 in my source cant be any closer to knowing whats happening at ER :cool2:

I would assume we've been working on more than two but that you reckon only two might come to fruition?

In that case - which two do you think are most likely?

cabbage07
31-08-2009, 08:31 AM
I would assume we've been working on more than two but that you reckon only two might come to fruition?

In that case - which two do you think are most likely?

Probs 2 coming to fruition i would think ,wouldnt say who

wont be the rightback at dunfermline :wink:

Petrie's Tache
31-08-2009, 08:36 AM
RB sub for Cellic today?

RB for falkirk?

RB for us?

RB for Arsenal reserves?

:greengrin

sambajustice
31-08-2009, 08:40 AM
If there were any scouts at yesterdays game, I dont think they'd have been overly excited by Bamba.

Alarm bells must be ringing (very loudly) in yogi's ears over the complete inability of our centre backs to get their nappers on the ball!!

I'm not sure we can afford NOT to sign a centre half, unless he has Ian Murray earmarked for that role!

I dunno, Hughes is the manager, he gets paid the big bucks to make these decisions!

Petrie's Tache
31-08-2009, 08:45 AM
If there were any scouts at yesterdays game, I dont think they'd have been overly excited by Bamba.

Alarm bells must be ringing (very loudly) in yogi's ears over the complete inability of our centre backs to get their nappers on the ball!!

I'm not sure we can afford NOT to sign a centre half, unless he has Ian Murray earmarked for that role!

I dunno, Hughes is the manager, he gets paid the big bucks to make these decisions!

He eluded to this exact thing during the BBC interview and quantified by saying it wasn't coincidence Celtic did get "their nappers" to the crosses, whilst defending.
He then went on to say about stepping up to the plate, listening, his tenure in the game, along with that of BR and if players didn't step up!! They would be moved on.
Bamba away, Hoggy dropped or something else?

MUSSI LEE
31-08-2009, 08:58 AM
im assuming yogi is not convinced with the right back position with him changing it for the last 3 games falkirk would rather get a fee for barr rather than losing him for nothing so he could be in :cool2:

Steve20
31-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Yogi played Barr as a centre half. If he is brought in, it will be to play centre half and not right back.

cabbage07
31-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Yogi played Barr as a centre half. If he is brought in, it will be to play centre half and not right back.

Murray will be our CB :wink:

IWasThere2016
31-08-2009, 09:43 AM
We need in, IMHO:

a) CH (We were found wanting on cross balls yesterday)

b) RB (Yogi's played 3 different players there already this season - hence its an issue)

c) Creative midfielder (We should be pressing Boozy for a decision to our offer)

We will (eg must IMHO) address this - not necessarily with 3 players - and I hope now and not January. Barr and Ayling cover a) and b) and I hope we bring both in.

There will also be players leaving. There have to be ..

cabbage07
31-08-2009, 09:50 AM
We need in, IMHO:

b) RB (Yogi's played 3 different players there already this season - hence its an issue)

c) Creative midfielder (We should be pressing Boozy for a decision to our offer)

We will (eg must IMHO) address this - not necessarily with 3 players - and I hope now and not January. Barr and Ayling cover a) and b) and I hope we bring both in.

:agree: For what i know we have to move people on ,like i said 2 players coming in hopefully

Brooster
31-08-2009, 10:00 AM
We need in, IMHO:

Four actualy, 4 different RB's in 4 games - McCann, DVZ, Wotherspoon and McCormack.

Leitherhibs
31-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Darren Barr will be signing before end of window.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Four actualy, 4 different RB's in 4 games - McCann, DVZ, Wotherspoon and McCormack.

Thanks - and even more of an issue therefore :agree:

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2009, 10:30 AM
:agree: For what i know we have to move people on ,like i said 2 players coming in hopefully

But you wont say who so you don't actually have any info :confused:

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 10:30 AM

How do you know?

Leitherhibs
31-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Know somebody who is in the know, as it gets. Van Zanten possibly going the other way also.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Hearing the same from others on here.

Leitherhibs
31-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Hoping it will involve DVZ going the other way, also hoping this doesn't mean bye bye Bamba.

Leithenhibby
31-08-2009, 10:56 AM

In - no one

Monday night, No?

With the window closing soon do we really have a chance of getting some players? I know that it has been talked to death on other posts, but we are now entering the nervous stage of the transfer window. Not only the signing of someone new, but the departure of, in my opinion a few players. I just hope that we can shift those guys along.

The clock is ticking and I just hope that Yogi hasn't left it too late.

Hibs7
31-08-2009, 10:56 AM
If Bamba goes and we get a decent price which allows Yogi to bring in a better CB then I for one won't complain.:duck:

Window slams shut on Tuesday night same as the English FA, because today is a bank holiday.

Scooter
31-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I thought our window was extended too???

Leithenhibby
31-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I thought our window was extended too???

No according to the RAG :wink:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/08/19/scottish-transfer-window-to-shut-a-day-earlier-than-english-premier-league-86908-21608204/

Scooter
31-08-2009, 11:02 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/08/19/scottish-transfer-window-to-shut-a-day-earlier-than-english-premier-league-86908-21608204/

Was there not another thread stating that we have had ours extended aswell

Hibs7
31-08-2009, 11:03 AM

That is a wee bit out of date .......... Aug 19th, :greengrin It HAS been changed to match the English FA, confirmed on Radio Scotland on Saturday by the guy from the SFA on the lunchtime programme.

C'mon keep up !!

Leitherhibs
31-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Definitely closes tomorrow at 12.

Leithenhibby
31-08-2009, 11:08 AM
That is a wee bit out of date .......... Aug 19th, :greengrin It HAS been changed to match the English FA, confirmed on Radio Scotland on Saturday by the guy from the SFA on the lunchtime programme.

C'mon keep up !!

I did notice that, but it was the most up to date I could find, if you get my drift. :wink:

BigKev
31-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Definitely closes tomorrow at 12.

Thought it was 5pm tomorrow :confused:

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Thought it was 5pm tomorrow :confused:

Yep Sky sports had their timer and it was 1 day and 7 hours etc to go just after 9am this morning.

Scooter
31-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Just on sky sports that Falkirk reject a bid from a championship side for Scott Arfield

Dr Jimmy
31-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Yep Sky sports had their timer and it was 1 day and 7 hours etc to go just after 9am this morning.
SSN have also just said that Falkirk have rejected an offer for Arfield from a championship side.

Dr Jimmy
31-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Just on sky sports that Falkirk reject a bid from a championship side for Scott Arfield
I bow to a faster typer. sorry!

cabbage07
31-08-2009, 11:22 AM

Falkirk are wanting 1 million for Arfield

Oranje39
31-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I can see JJ and Keenan away, a lot of people are saying Thicot too but I think he is good defensive cover. It might be his turn at right back next game.

In;

a Right back.

Oscar Lomax
31-08-2009, 03:34 PM
We need in, IMHO:

Why should we? Boozy was a passenger before he left....talk to any Coventry fan and they will tell you.....wanted too much time on the ball to prance around. Personally I thought he was over rated by many Hibs fans and still think so now.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Why should we? Boozy was a passenger before he left....talk to any Coventry fan and they will tell you.....wanted too much time on the ball to prance around. Personally I thought he was over rated by many Hibs fans and still think so now.

Here, Here....and he was only over rated when he was actually fit !!!

OhTooBeeee
01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
im assuming yogi is not convinced with the right back position with him changing it for the last 3 games falkirk would rather get a fee for barr rather than losing him for nothing so he could be in :cool2:

Barr wont come to us

Hibs90
01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Barr wont come to us

Source?

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Source?

Sounds like his source is better than yours...

zlatan
01-09-2009, 05:33 PM
My psychic powers and wisdom should be seen as more reliable than other peoples sources after looking at the OP again :agree:

OhTooBeeee
01-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Hes going to a championship team in Jan. Dont think he was gona come to hibs anyway or even stay in the SPL. Standard is shocking