PDA

View Full Version : Many points of Todays game

sambajustice
31-08-2009, 12:22 AM
30 mins against a crap Celtic team, if we cant score against that then we dont deserve anything and Celtic DO deserve the win!

We need Centre Backs who can actually header the ball. :grr:

Lost A LOT of respect for Anthony Mowbray today. Post match Interview and Post Match Huddle! (WTF was that all about???)

Stacks - Top Hibs Boy :thumbsup:

We didnt get the breaks and the ball never fell for us in the important areas.

Stokes wasn't at the races! :grr:

Get Bombscare Bamba out of the defence! Burley said, and it was one of only the two things I agreed with him about, "Bamba is like a bull in a china shop" Every time Bamba went for a header he was picking his erchie up from the turf!

The other thing I agreed with was "McGeady IS a cheat" :thumbsup::agree:

Really disapponted at the complete lack of urgency from Hibs until the 92nd minute. We had half an hour to batter a crap celtic team and we were strolling about like we were 3-0 up.

Nothing between the teams today, not impressed with this "free flowing" sellick mob.

Boruc - Cracking save! :agree: Well done fatty!

There are some promising signs there and maybe we just need a wee bit longer to gel. Too many misplaced passes and wrong choices made. Live and learn I suppose.

PETRIE!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Petrie's Tache
31-08-2009, 12:30 AM
And breathe.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:53 AM
And breathe.:greengrin

He forgot to wax lyrical about Wotherspoon.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2009, 12:59 AM
He forgot to wax lyrical about Wotherspoon.

He only finished to take a breath, the next edition features:

Wotherspoon: Too much pretentiousness
Maka: Hibs' new No.2.
11: He works hard but no end product

And much, much more.

benrocky
31-08-2009, 07:41 AM
He only finished to take a breath, the next edition features:

Wotherspoon: Too much pretentiousness
Maka: Hibs' new No.2.
11: He works hard but no end product

And much, much more.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT ABOUT A PLAYER WHO MAKES THE GAME TICK, IS RIORDEN ALSO PRETENTIOUS !!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

RoYO!
31-08-2009, 07:48 AM
kinda reminds me of the saying,

every silver lining has a cloud!

MB62
31-08-2009, 08:19 AM
30 mins against a crap Celtic team, if we cant score against that then we dont deserve anything and Celtic DO deserve the win!

We need Centre Backs who can actually header the ball. :grr:

Lost A LOT of respect for Anthony Mowbray today. Post match Interview and Post Match Huddle! (WTF was that all about???)

Stacks - Top Hibs Boy :thumbsup:

We didnt get the breaks and the ball never fell for us in the important areas.

Stokes wasn't at the races! :grr:

Get Bombscare Bamba out of the defence! Burley said, and it was one of only the two things I agreed with him about, "Bamba is like a bull in a china shop" Every time Bamba went for a header he was picking his erchie up from the turf!

The other thing I agreed with was "McGeady IS a cheat" :thumbsup::agree:

Really disapponted at the complete lack of urgency from Hibs until the 92nd minute. We had half an hour to batter a crap celtic team and we were strolling about like we were 3-0 up.

Nothing between the teams today, not impressed with this "free flowing" sellick mob.

Boruc - Cracking save! :agree: Well done fatty!

There are some promising signs there and maybe we just need a wee bit longer to gel. Too many misplaced passes and wrong choices made. Live and learn I suppose.

PETRIE!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr:

I can't disagree with any of that.
I don't think either of our centre half's won a ball, in the air at all in the first half. At one point, even wee MacDonald won a header against Bamba. Big Sol seems to think playing centre half means you can climb all over your opponent and if the the two of you end up rolling about the ground then you have done your job.

Apart from continually giving the ball away needlessly, we done nothing until injury time, when the dodgers went down to 10 men. Absolutely no urgency from anybody and it was the proverbial 'Sunday afternoon stroll in the park'.

Another concern here is, once again, our midfield are too wee and got overpowered. When we play against bigger and stronger teams, e.g. the Yams, we will get steamrollered in there.

As for Mowbray, he seemed to go out of his way to be disrepectful to Hibs. Every comment he made, the huddle in front of the Hibbies at the end, he seemed to be bursting to say 'HIBS! f*** them, and shove two fingers up at us. Totally lost any respect I had for him after yesterday, just another soapdodging b****** now as far as I'm concerned.

We'll see what happens between now and tomorrow at 17.00hrs because a couple of signings in important places e.g. centre half and big strong midfield player, and I don't think we are far away from being a decent side who genuinely can challenge for 3rd spot.

Steve-O
31-08-2009, 08:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdrVwnYd9tw

Just seen that save for the first time, I actually cannae believe it :faint:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Really annoyed at the way we didn't pick up the tempo after the sending off. Have a feeling that we could still be playing and still not get a goal. If we had seen a similar display under Mixu there would have been much frothing. Reminded me a bit of that 2-4 game against Killie when they went a man down and we fell right out of the match.

Cropley10
31-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Really annoyed at the way we didn't pick up the tempo after the sending off. Have a feeling that we could still be playing and still not get a goal. If we had seen a similar display under Mixu there would have been much frothing. Reminded me a bit of that 2-4 game against Killie when they went a man down and we fell right out of the match.

Bringing Zemmama on was a gamble that didn't pay off - that's all. On another day it will.

It was a decent game of football - we should have got a point - but it's obvious now where our gaps are in the first 11.

GGTTH

The_Todd
31-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Bamba's not the bombscare. Hogg is the bombscare.

Jack
31-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Jeez there must have been two games going on yesterday, the threads on the game are like night and day! :agree:

Stack – Hibs new number 1 or the one who is riveted to the goal line.
You get what you pay for. Neither is a world beater lets hope the competition between the two will push both into being at their best when selected. No reason why we shouldn’t get behind them both.

Bombscare Bamba or he held the defence together again.
I thought he had a quiet game for his standard, disappointed about the two good chances he got to score and f’d up but good on him for getting into these positions in the first place.

We played good passing football, or at least tried to in that last half hour, until injury time when we resorted to hoofball or we lacked urgency!
I thought we played quite well had lots of opportunities but unfortunately although a couple got really close some were squandered almost over the stand, never mind the bar!

Wotherspoon is either pretentious or he’s the best of the wonderkids that have ever come through at Hibs.
Superb as far as I’m concerned but what's the point of these class crosses when no one in our team had the ability to head the ball – (not having a go at him but) has Deeks actually headed a ball under any circumstance so far this season? (video evidence will be required :greengrin)

However we all agreed that …

McGeady IS a cheat and now its official.

St Tony has had his halo :rolleyes: removed by the Vatican (Easter Road Branch!)

Ray_
31-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Bringing Zemmama on was a gamble that didn't pay off - that's all. On another day it will.

It was a decent game of football - we should have got a point - but it's obvious now where our gaps are in the first 11.

GGTTH

Yesterday was the forth time that I have watched the team this season & after every game it left me with the same conclusion, all through the team we seriously lack quality, this observation is not meant to be a reflection on Yogi.

If this team, without serious reinforcements, wins third place, it is just an illustration of exactly how poor Scottish football currently is.

Pleaseeee nobody reply that we are rebuilding, that has been going on since 2002.

sambajustice
31-08-2009, 08:54 AM

St Tony has had his halo :rolleyes: removed by the Vatican (Easter Road Branch!)[/QUOTE]

Do we not also all agree on:

PETRIE :grr::grr::grr::grr:

:greengrin:hnet:

MyJo
31-08-2009, 08:58 AM
IMO bamba was excellent yesterday, he's a bit clumsy when challenging for headers but he held the defence together, made some brilliant challenges (sliding tackle to disposses Samaras in particular) and showed some nice footwork to carry the ball out of defence past a few celtic players to make a pass........and if he knew how to ******ing shoot he could easily have had 2 goals.

Sol wasn't far behind Wotherspoon for MOTM for me

Expecting Rain
31-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Under Mixu the last game against Celtic was murder, at least we forced Boruc into making saves this time, one in particular from Wotherspoon who if he keeps his feet on the ground is going to be a star.
I don`t think we should be too harsh when judging ourselves against Celtic, though they are not world beaters they`ll win the majority of games in this league, i thought we afforded them too much width, they unlike Dunfermline, St Mirren and Falkirk were allowed to put in far too many crosses and given cheap corners, we`re not convincing at defending set pieces and we could have paid the price long before they did score had they not wasted earlier opportunities main culprit being calamity.
I thought Yogi was ambitious with his subs but got the Zemmama one wrong he was clearly not up to speed and Nish well ( see Lyon Hibs), he gave Byrne a run but i don`t think this was the game for him, Benji would have been a better option, all in all there was effort and some magic from Riordan to inject much needed enthusiasm after the last campaign, there is also the prospect of a fit Stokes and possibly another face or two give us some optimisim for the rest of the season.

Ray_
31-08-2009, 09:08 AM
IMO bamba was excellent yesterday, he's a bit clumsy when challenging for headers but he held the defence together, made some brilliant challenges (sliding tackle to disposses Samaras in particular) and showed some nice footwork to carry the ball out of defence past a few celtic players to make a pass........and if he knew how to ******ing shoot he could easily have had 2 goals.

Sol wasn't far behind Wotherspoon for MOTM for me

Bamba is at times a liability, Hibs, playing against ten men, very late in the game, finally decide to get some impetus going & twice Bamba commits brainless fouls, wide on our left flank & both times Celtic managed to take the sting out of the game & they also managed to loose two minutes of match time on both occasions.

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Jeez there must have been two games going on yesterday, the threads on the game are like night and day! :agree:

Stack – Hibs new number 1 or the one who is riveted to the goal line.
You get what you pay for. Neither is a world beater lets hope the competition between the two will push both into being at their best when selected. No reason why we shouldn’t get behind them both.

Bombscare Bamba or he held the defence together again.
I thought he had a quiet game for his standard, disappointed about the two good chances he got to score and f’d up but good on him for getting into these positions in the first place.

We played good passing football, or at least tried to in that last half hour, until injury time when we resorted to hoofball or we lacked urgency!
I thought we played quite well had lots of opportunities but unfortunately although a couple got really close some were squandered almost over the stand, never mind the bar!

Wotherspoon is either pretentious or he’s the best of the wonderkids that have ever come through at Hibs.
Superb as far as I’m concerned but what's the point of these class crosses when no one in our team had the ability to head the ball – (not having a go at him but) has Deeks actually headed a ball under any circumstance so far this season? (video evidence will be required :greengrin)

St Tony has had his halo :rolleyes: removed by the Vatican (Easter Road Branch!)

Take it with a pinch of salt.

I recall a thread during Mowbrays era, some people throwing a fair few harsh accusations at Yogi.

Phil MaGlass
31-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Bombscare,lived upto his name wtf is it with him that he has to flatten opposition players when theres nae f,n need tae? We need the momentum and he slows it all doon by losing stupid f,n free kicks, BAMBA YI CANNAE ***IN FLY. Liverpool interest? MA ER5E.
Why is it when we need to score late on in any game players find it necessary to foul the opposition when the ball is in a dangerous or an advantageous position?

Tomsk
31-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Yesterday was the forth time that I have watched the team this season & after every game it left me with the same conclusion, all through the team we seriously lack quality, this observation is not meant to be a reflection on Yogi.

If this team, without serious reinforcements, wins third place, it is just an illustration of exactly how poor Scottish football currently is.

Pleaseeee nobody reply that we are rebuilding, that has been going on since 2002.

Sorry, Ray. Can't resist. :wink:

In effect, we are always rebuilding. In times of relative good health we are constantly losing players to the cherry-pickers (another word for the Old Filth) and in times of poor health we are wheeling and dealing trying to find a better squad.

I said at the start of the season that Hughes will need time to clean up Mixu's mess. I think he's made a reasonable start. He's got rid of some old dross and brought in some promising material. But if the process is going work it will take time.

I am sure we all want to see instant results -- and a solid right back, a real replacement for Jones and some genuine quality on the left side of midfield -- but in the climate we are working in that ain't gonna happen overnight.

For me, Stokes looks like a very good player. McBride and Cregg have added something to our midfield and Zemmama and Benji's return has given us some much needed creative quality. In addition, he has blooded Wotherspoon who looks like a right good laddie.

In short, we are better off now than we were at the end of last season.

Expecting Rain
31-08-2009, 11:26 AM

In effect, we are always rebuilding. In times of relative good health we are constantly losing players to the cherry-pickers (another word for the Old Filth) and in times of poor health we are wheeling and dealing trying to find a better squad.

I said at the start of the season that Hughes will need time to clean up Mixu's mess. I think he's made a reasonable start. He's got rid of some old dross and brought in some promising material. But if the process is going work it will take time.

I am sure we all want to see instant results -- and a solid right back, a real replacement for Jones and some genuine quality on the left side of midfield -- but in the climate we are working in that ain't gonna happen overnight.

For me, Stokes looks like a very good player. McBride and Cregg have added something to our midfield and Zemmama and Benji's return has given us some much needed creative quality. In addition, he has blooded Wotherspoon who looks like a right good laddie.

Pretty much in agreement though if there`s a real opportunity to sacrafice Bamba for Arfield and Barr ( the latter being trustful of Yogi`s signings so far) then we should take it and act now.

Phil MaGlass
31-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Cant agree about Stacks I thought for atleast two crosses he made really poor decisions,its still early doors, but I wasnt impressed.

Ray_
31-08-2009, 11:45 AM

Going by yesterdays game we are already worse off in terms of results against Celtic. Jones was a big miss at the back, we were crying out for his type of centre back. Fletcher's replacement Stokes was very ineffective and our midfield was seriously lacking, so in that respect we are not better off.

We do have a better manager, Stokes is a better player than he showed yesterday & hopefully we will strengthen.