PDA

View Full Version : Rather Drunk And A Somewhat Bad Idea To Post

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Met some "weedgies" in a city centre bar, and we indulged in some wiity banter and geniune, heartfelt analysis of the game.

I said that we were second best in the first 45, and whilst made a spirited retort in the second half, we probably didn't do enough to pressure a 10 men team and were caught in two minds (the classic home side goes a goal up scenario as whether to punt it up or pass) to merit a share of the spoils. I expounded that this was largely due to Celtic's effective pressing game, that they creditably stuck to in the second half.

I made passing points about the poverty of the Scottish game in general, and said that Celtic seemed still more like an O'Neill type side than a Mowbray one. I qualified this by saying that Yogi's Hibs and Mowbray's Celtic were works-in-progress and it was too early to make snap judgements. The goal fest and football fest promised had merely been postponed.

All decent stuff, but I felt that the Celtic lads felt that they'd been massively patronised by me in some way and I was judging them in a condescending manner.

Anyway, twas not my intent. (Waxing somewhat now, but is the festival.)

But as they say, has anyone made threads (rather than posts) they might regret?

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Met some "weedgies" in a city centre bar, and we indulged in some wiity banter and geniune, heartfelt analysis of the game.

I said that we were second best in the first 45, and whilst made a spirited retort in the second half, we probably didn't do enough to pressure a 10 men team and were caught in two minds (the classic home side goes a goal up scenario as whether to punt it up or pass) to merit a share of the spoils. I expounded that this was largely due to Celtic's effective pressing game, that they creditably stuck to in the second half.

I made passing points about the poverty of the Scottish game in general, and said that Celtic seemed still more like an O'Neill type side than a Mowbray one. I qualified this by saying that Yogi's Hibs and Mowbray's Celtic were works-in-progress and it was too early to make snap judgements. The goal fest and football fest promised had merely been postponed.

All decent stuff, but I felt that the Celtic lads felt that they'd been massively patronised by me in some way and I was judging them in a condescending manner.

You can type fairly well for someone who is pissed.

matty_f
30-08-2009, 11:50 PM

:agree: My 'Mother Theresa - What a c***' thread was, at best, ill-advised.

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Advised by whom, I might ask? (Here we go...)

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 11:54 PM
You can type fairly well for someone who is pissed.

It took some considerable time, effort and concentration.

Tranent Hibby
30-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Better man than me Bob--
If it was me posting after your night it would read as such--

Met some unwashed telt them mageedy is a divin wee prick and Killens extra curricular activities whilst at ER

but as I say your a better man than me

LiverpoolHibs
31-08-2009, 12:10 AM

Yet, I imagine, absolutely spot on. :greengrin

Just ask Christopher Hitchens...

matty_f
31-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Advised by whom, I might ask? (Here we go...)

Cliff Richard.:agree: He'd claimed to have seen it, and wanted me to give a description.

Thinking back, I think he might have been on something at the time.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Cliff Richard.:agree: He'd claimed to have seen it, and wanted me to give a description.

Thinking back, I think he might have been on something at the time.

That was probably Sue Barker.

matty_f
31-08-2009, 12:31 AM
That was probably Sue Barker.

No, it was definitely Richards. Barker had seen it too, but she just thought it was 'alright'.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:33 AM
No, it was definitely Richards. Barker had seen it too, but she just thought it was 'alright'.

No, you must be thinking of Pauline Fowler and the Mike Sam Singer's early football thug song "Come Outside" .

matty_f
31-08-2009, 12:35 AM
No, you must be thinking of Pauline Fowler and the Mike Sam Singer's early football thug song "Come Outside" .

Think you're right.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Think you're right.:greengrin

Wendy Richard trivia: though sounded like a Cockney sparrar was born in the Boro, and retained her home town loyalties through years on stage and screen or at least until Steve Gibson decided to employ Gareth Southgate.

johnbc70
31-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Better man than me Bob--
If it was me posting after your night it would read as such--

Met some unwashed telt them mageedy is a divin wee prick and Killens extra curricular activities whilst at ER
but as I say your a better man than me

Anyone care to elaborate, must of missed these stories.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 11:35 AM

Surely you heard about the long-standing affair with the treatment table?

marinello59
31-08-2009, 11:44 AM

I think he was in the chess club.:agree: