PDA

View Full Version : ESPN coverage (merged)

dp00
30-08-2009, 01:57 PM
For all of you who watched the game at home... How much better is espn than setanta ? Everything from the flash design to the commentators to the after match interviews...

J-C
30-08-2009, 02:01 PM
For all of you who watched the game at home... How much better is espn than setanta ? Everything from the flash design to the commentators to the after match interviews...

They've been doing sports for years and it shows, more professional and slick.

JE89
30-08-2009, 02:02 PM

The commentators are pretty much the same - ******. Burley said about 30 times that McGeady was innocent, then suddenly changed his mind after seeing the same reply for the 100th time. Then all this 'simulation' pish, the boy dived, therefore tried to cheat the referee, and is a cheat.

All in all though, I prefer ESPN. Ray Stubbs is far better than Jim Whyte and the like.

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 02:21 PM
what di Yogi say ?

hibeenicol
30-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I thought we had got rid of burley when setanta went down the tubes, but he walks into a joab wi espn. The man is a grade 1 knobber!

GloryGlory
30-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Might as well rename it Rantic TV, TBH.

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Was a bit disappointed during the match TBH. WTF was cutting to the side of the pitch to look at the 4th official for 30 seconds?

Why didn't we get a reply of Weatherspoons shot when the play was next stopped (the foul on Brown IIRC)?

I thought the Weatherspoon shot was in and 4 of us were going mad until we realised the ball was still in. :LOL:

noz
30-08-2009, 03:16 PM
better coverage than setanta, but whats the story with the 'blackd out' screen width on the tv?

Does everybody get that at home?

Littlest Hobo
30-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Was a bit disappointed during the match TBH. WTF was cutting to the side of the pitch to look at the 4th official for 30 seconds?

Why didn't we get a reply of Weatherspoons shot when the play was next stopped (the foul on Brown IIRC)?

I thought the Weatherspoon shot was in and 4 of us were going mad until we realised the ball was still in. :LOL:

:thumbsup: Never showed quite a few replays? I don't know if it's because I've been spoilt by SKY's coverage but for me it's no that different from what Setanta was?? Colin Henry is murder also! Some people mentioned his wife and all the problems he has had but for me that shouldn't come into the equation. He's just no got it for me.

GhostofBolivar
30-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Why would they show a replay while the ball's still in play?

Who's Weatherspoon?

Scorrie
30-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Think ESPn is pretty good coverage. Did anyone else see the giant fly on the TV screen though when it must have landed on the TV camera!

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Why would they show a replay while the ball's still in play?

Who's Weatherspoon?

I don't know, why would they? Think a re-read is required pal.

Piss off.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Piss off.

I don't know why, but that just made me laugh my head off :faf::faf:

GhostofBolivar
30-08-2009, 04:02 PM

Piss off.

Well.

They did show a replay of WOTHERSPOON's shot at the next stoppage.

And since he was probably our best player today, you could at least make the effort to spell WOTHERSPOON's name properly.

Back at you.

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Well.

They did show a replay of WOTHERSPOON's shot at the next stoppage.

And since he was probably our best player today, you could at least make the effort to spell WOTHERSPOON's name properly.

Back at you.

No they didn't, because they showed the replay of the challenge on brown. Wasn't til 20/30 seconds later at the next stoppage. The challenge on Brown was pretty innocuous and uninteresting.

Sorry, Wotherspoon. By that logic would it be okay to spell his name wrong if he was *****?

Mind and put a bib on if you're gonna slaver.

GhostofBolivar
30-08-2009, 04:21 PM
No they didn't, because they showed the replay of the challenge on brown. Wasn't til 20/30 seconds later at the next stoppage. The challenge on Brown was pretty innocuous and uninteresting.

Sorry, Wotherspoon. By that logic would it be okay to spell his name wrong if he was *****?

Mind and put a bib on if you're gonna slaver.

No. They showed they showed the challenge on Brown, then the shot by Wotherspoon.

Okay. Since he's a Hibs player, show him the respect of spelling his name properly.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2009, 04:24 PM
It was all celtic celtic celtic to me, think they forgot that you discuss the home team that are playing first, not impressed by the studio panel at all

southfieldshibby
30-08-2009, 04:27 PM
better coverage than setanta, but whats the story with the 'blackd out' screen width on the tv?

Does everybody get that at home?

you probaby have a HD tv so go to settings and change it to HD

CalgaryHibs
30-08-2009, 05:23 PM

For us overseas lot , ESPN feed online gets switch off by ESPN , where as Setanta we were able to watch any game.
But on the other ESPN DESPORTES the game are on!

:greengrin

franco
30-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I saw that huge fly on the camera lens and if you have the black bit on sides you need to change your settings to 16.9 instead of 4.3.

stewthehibee
30-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Does ESPN show the games again like Setanta did later on. I was at the game and i would like to see some highlights.

WindyMiller
30-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I was working to-day, so for the first time, set my BT Vision box to record the match. When I got home the match was shown in the 'recordings'. Unfortunately it was just like watching a blank tape. Any one else had this problem.

WindyMiller
30-08-2009, 08:40 PM
you probaby have a HD tv so go to settings and change it to HD

Even on HI it's blacked.

King Paddy
30-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I would like to praise the new ESPN for their coverage of SPL matches. The commentating is very articulate and informative. Plus the studio guys are on the ball. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

soul_driver
31-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah, exactly the same for me. Came in after the match and went to watch my recording but just got the blank screen same as you. Not sure why as I've recorded espn before with no problems.

Should be on espn replay soon though if that helps.

Littlest Hobo
31-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I would like to praise the new ESPN for their coverage of SPL matches. The commentating is very articulate and informative. Plus the studio guys are on the ball. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Aye ok Colin! :greengrin Bye the way, your murder at the pundit game! :wink:

WindyMiller
31-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, exactly the same for me. Came in after the match and went to watch my recording but just got the blank screen same as you. Not sure why as I've recorded espn before with no problems.

Should be on espn replay soon though if that helps.

I've watched the highlights on HI, but was peed off that I'd avoided listening to the radio all afternoon and was settling down at 7pm with a few beers to watch it "live".

I phoned the technical desk and he advised me to pull the power cable out of the box and wait 10 secs. and replace. Unfortunately I'd deleted it so was unable to see if it worked.

greenlex
31-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Mon the fly!!!!!!