PDA

View Full Version : We are too small

King Paddy
30-08-2009, 08:57 PM
:I have felt for some time that what Hibs need is more height in the team. We lack an arial presence throughout the team. Murray when he returns should play in midfield, plus let's hope yogi gets a tall centre back in before the window closes. The one midfield with any stature was young Wotherspoon, what a prospect. Today we were exposed to cross balls from Celtic, with nobody attacking the first or even second balls into our box. However we could still have won today with a bit of luck. Maka should also be back as he will come for crosses. Stack stays routed on his line. Discuss:confused:

Sammy7nil
30-08-2009, 09:02 PM
:I have felt for some time that what Hibs need is more height in the team. We lack an arial presence throughout the team. Murray when he returns should play in midfield, plus let's hope yogi gets a tall centre back in before the window closes. The one midfield with any stature was young Wotherspoon, what a prospect. Today we were exposed to cross balls from Celtic, with nobody attacking the first or even second balls into our box. However we could still have won today with a bit of luck. Maka should also be back as he will come for crosses. Stack stays routed on his line. Discuss:confused:

Cant argue with much of that

Bob1875
30-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Nail on head re stack, the amount of goals we will lose, especially against bigger teams, will be frightening

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Was gonna post something similar earlier on but just as I hit 'Submit Post' I got a page cannot be displayed.

Agree with what your saying, well except from the Stack bit, bit hard to judge him on his crossing in his first competitive game IMO.

The only big lads we have is Bamba and Nishy. The rest seem toaty. Our midfield in terms of height, size, weight etc must be the weakest in the league, look at Celtic today, whole back four all big lads, samaras up front big and strong, broony, strong as **** etc etc. Thats why I wouldn't mind putting Bamba back in the midfield and getting a new Centerback, the team defo needs a bit presence, Bamba in the midfield and a new CB could provide that IMO.

stubru59
30-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Lack of height is certainly a problem for us. Just as important is that this lack of height is compounded by the lack of physical presence.

Against Preston, for example, some of our lads were all too easily brushed aside.

Today was no different. Don't doubt Hughes will have noticed this, but bringing the right players in will take more than one transfer window.