PDA

View Full Version : Hogg

Walkerbaws
30-08-2009, 03:14 PM
How bad is Hoggy getting these days. I dont know whether its added resposibilty by getting the captains armband or what but he seems to clueless on the park.

How many times did we see him punt the ball aimlessly up front with no celtic player beside him?!! And how many times did he challenge for a header with another hibs player?!!

He has been solid at the back for a few seasons now, but i think he is trying to do too much.

Thoughts

dalkeith stu
30-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I think we are beginning to see how much Jones carried Hogg over the past couple of seasons.

Violater
30-08-2009, 03:18 PM
seems to be getting worse each game he plays. He has had a poor start to the season,dont know if the captaincy thing has got to him? Hope he picks up.

His passing was poor and i dont think he won a single header against Samaras.

Littlest Hobo
30-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Yep , i said last week that for me it's Yogi's fist big Boo Boo, no pun intended!:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I think playing alongside a no-nonsense defender like Jones suited Hogg. He'd win the ball and boot it up the park. I think playing alongside people who want too pass the ball around the edge of the box gives him the heebie-geebies. I think McCormack's due a run in is role.

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I actually thought Hogg was much improved today

J-C
30-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Not played well this season, as said maybe the captaincy's too much for him, should've gave it to Murray. I'm sure I heard Yogi say that no-one is guaranteed a game even if you are the captain or not, you play on merit.

down the slope
30-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Who else would have him ?, not many i would guess. players should progress but if anything he has gone backwards.

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 03:41 PM
He struggled when he found himself marking Samaras. Not the biggest fan as he does seem to get bossed from time to time. Would imagine Yogi will be the best judge and for the moment prefers him in there as Bamba is relatively inexperienced in what he feels is his best role at CH. Certianly nobody bosses Bamba. Hopefully we wont touch Anderson. Much prefer Darren Barr.

sahib
30-08-2009, 03:43 PM
He struggled when he found himself marking Samaras. Not the biggest fan as he does seem to get bossed from time to time. Would imagine Yogi will be the best judge and for the moment prefers him in there as Bamba is relatively inexperienced in what he feels is his best role at CH. Certianly nobody bosses Bamba. Hopefully we wont touch Anderson. Much prefer Darren Barr.

Bamba was A CH for the Pars.

J-C
30-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Bamba was A CH for the Pars.

True but in a lower division though.

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 03:48 PM
True but in a lower division though.
Yeah but he was considered raw and he still needs game time in this position.

BT58
30-08-2009, 03:49 PM

well if that was an improvement,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
if as others are saying we are gonna be signing barr + arfield
we should get barr in as a partner to bamba and murray in as captain
hb

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Couldn't understand why Hogg marked Samaras and Bamba McDonald-wrong way round surely.

TheBall'sRound
30-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Could anyone distinguish Hogg from Caldwell today? Headers going to the opposition, world-cup diagonal passes, getting caught in possession.

Hogg is the next Calamity Caldwell. I really think Hughes has buttoned his shirt up wrong making Hogg captain.

Hiber-nation
30-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Muscled out the way by Samaras for the goal, and another all-round shaky performance. I'd love to see Murray alongside Bamba for the Hamilton game.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Muscled out the way by Samaras for the goal, and another all-round shaky performance. I'd love to see Murray alongside Bamba for the Hamilton game.

He needs replaced thats for sure, Murray is probably the best option.:agree:

Davy Mac
30-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Couldn't understand why Hogg marked Samaras and Bamba McDonald-wrong way round surely.

Interesting observation, it was the same last year with Jones.

Often Jones took the smaller player instead of Hogg, but more worrying for me was McDonald outjumoed Bamba a couple of times today.

Centre backs were poor today.........

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 04:24 PM
How bad is Hoggy getting these days. I dont know whether its added resposibilty by getting the captains armband or what but he seems to clueless on the park.

How many times did we see him punt the ball aimlessly up front with no celtic player beside him?!! And how many times did he challenge for a header with another hibs player?!!

He has been solid at the back for a few seasons now, but i think he is trying to do too much.

ThoughtsHe is a weak link and getting weaker.A really poor decision by Yogi to play him and incomprehensible to make him captain.
Anyone else got any opinions on Yogi's thinking?

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 04:31 PM
He is a weak link and getting weaker.A really poor decision by Yogi to play him and incomprehensible to make him captain.
Anyone else got any opinions on Yogi's thinking?

Yip, i think it was a mistake to make him captain, and a mistake to play him, although with ian murray free from suspension, he has a ready made replacement. Today also showed he is not afraid to admit his mistakes, by replacing Maka with Stack.:greengrin

Row H
30-08-2009, 04:33 PM

Thoughts

Woeful, generally.

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Yip, i think it was a mistake to make him captain, and a mistake to play him, although with ian murray free from suspension, he has a ready made replacement. Today also showed he is not afraid to admit his mistakes, by replacing Maka with Stack.:greengrinYou know,I have to agree with you there.As we'll all discover when we see who's in goals for our next game!

:wink:

Golden Bear
30-08-2009, 04:43 PM
You know there are occasions when you have got to give SOME credit to the opposition and realise that not every goal scored against us was the result of defensive weakness!

Samaras is a big guy who is good in the air and in general I thought he had a great game today.

I'd rather leave it at that than lambasting our own players.

sahib
30-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Witch hunt alert!

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Hogg has, without doubt, had a poor start to the season. It may well pan out to be bad move making him captain. However, I think the guy is decent SPL player and has shown himself to be a model pro (obviously party why he got the armband). He does not deserve some of the abuse he's been getting and would maybe benefit form a bit more support form the fans instead.

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2009, 05:56 PM
He's actually gash..

Takes zero responsibility when on the ball, use of the ball is woeful, positional sense is nonexistent and gets muscled out of far too much..

He is the weakest link..

Goodbye :bye:

jabis
30-08-2009, 06:05 PM
And a quick trawl through the thread reveals........the usual "suspects"

and BT :greengrin

davym7062
30-08-2009, 06:53 PM

dear oh dear. he was awful, by far the worst hibs player today.

get him dropped murray and bambas pls

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Yip, i think it was a mistake to make him captain, and a mistake to play him, although with ian murray free from suspension, he has a ready made replacement. Today also showed he is not afraid to admit his mistakes, by replacing Maka with Stack.:greengrin

Since Hogg has been made captain , his form has went down the toilet.. It's a shame as he should be stepping up to the plate now he has the armband...

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 07:05 PM
You know there are occasions when you have got to give SOME credit to the opposition and realise that not every goal scored against us was the result of defensive weakness!

Samaras is a big guy who is good in the air and in general I thought he had a great game today.

I'd rather leave it at that than lambasting our own players.

Samarass was brilliant today but Hughes made a massive mistake by allowing Hogg to mark him....

When the team sheets were swapped before the game surely the message would've been Bamba was marking Samarass and Hogg was marking McDonald?????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

davym7062
30-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Samarass was brilliant today but Hughes made a massive mistake by allowing Hogg to mark him....

When the team sheets were swapped before the game surely the message would've been Bamba was marking Samarass and Hogg was marking McDonald?????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

mork calling orsen, come in orsen

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 07:14 PM
mork calling orsen, come in orsen

What do you mean by that ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confus ed:

davym7062
30-08-2009, 07:17 PM
What do you mean by that ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confus ed:

it means you must be on a different planet, samarras was and is gash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdz4dCMGbbw

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Who scored the winning goal ??

Who took peeled off his defender so many times into positions where neither a defender of midfielder could pick him up ????

davym7062
30-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Who scored the winning goal ??

Who took peeled off his defender so many times into positions where neither a defender of midfielder could pick him up ????

ok he's brilliant:bitchy:

thats the reason hogg should be punted.

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 07:27 PM
ok he's brilliant:bitchy:

thats the reason hogg should be punted.

No , Hogg should be punted because his form has went down the drain....

bigwheel
30-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Complete nonsense...Samaras was outstanding today.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Not played well this season, as said maybe the captaincy's too much for him, should've gave it to Murray. I'm sure I heard Yogi say that no-one is guaranteed a game even if you are the captain or not, you play on merit.

:agree:

erin go bragh
30-08-2009, 07:31 PM
maka was injured:wink:

davym7062
30-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Complete nonsense...Samaras was outstanding today.

are you joking??????????????

with a decent centre half he would have been hooked.

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 07:35 PM
To be fair most strikers get hooked if the CH is better. Samaras had a good first half.

Bo'ness_Hibee
30-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Hogg was never the same after he had that head knock :greengrin

The Baldmans Comb
30-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Hogg remains what he has always been, which is a very overated player who has had a very poor start to the season and never should have been made Kapitan.

Davy Mac
30-08-2009, 08:22 PM

I agree, not being funny likes, from what I gather he's had trouble with his eyesight for quite some time after the incident - did Chris Sutton not retire with a similar injury?

Billychaotic182
30-08-2009, 08:25 PM
he was awful and i hope he is dropped for murray

glenn6270
30-08-2009, 08:41 PM
how bad was hogg today
i thought he was shocking today never a captain

discuss

emmjayfox
30-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Hogg IMO is not the best and needs to get the lead weights out his boots when going up for a ball.I will bet you diamonds we wont be losing this captain as quick as the last 2 or 3.:wink:

Badge
30-08-2009, 08:45 PM
how bad was hogg today
i thought he was shocking today never a captain

discuss
Just home and I've had a few but Hogg is never a captain in a million years and was the weak link in our defence today. Big Jones covered up for him the past couple of years.

glenn6270
30-08-2009, 08:46 PM
100% agree he is the weak link

Scooter
30-08-2009, 08:48 PM
ive been a massive hogg fan and thought all thoes "he needs jones" fans but for the first time i agree. he was murder today and Bamba deserves alot of cerdit

ive had a few:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
30-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I agree, not being funny likes, from what I gather he's had trouble with his eyesight for quite some time after the incident - did Chris Sutton not retire with a similar injury?

When is his contract up?

Speedway
30-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Of all the yongsters we've signed who've had extended runs in the first team, only one has played consistently week in week out and yet NEVER been linked/speculated with a move away from ER.

There is a reason for that.

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2009, 09:13 PM
When is his contract up?

Not soon enough..

Stenhousehibs
30-08-2009, 09:21 PM
ive been a massive hogg fan and thought all thoes "he needs jones" fans but for the first time i agree. he was murder today and Bamba deserves alot of cerdit

ive had a few:thumbsup:

I have to agree with that. I have always liked Hogg and have never understood where all the criticisms of him came from but I'm now seeing that they are spot on. It is becoming clear that he was living in Jones' shadow while doing a decent job of cleaning up any loose balls. Now that he is having to take a more central role in the defence he has struggled
badly.

Hopefully we will get Barr or Anderson in before Tuesday. Get one of those and a competent right back and we could do well this season.

Expecting Rain
31-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I would like to see Hogg getting back to basics, concentrating on his positional sense, showing more awareness of what is going on around him and moving the ball on a lot quicker instead of looking for those clipped or 40 yard diagonal passes which probably come off in training but end up giving the opposition possession in real games.

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 09:26 AM

Yep that was last seasons excuse for him being poor what is this seasons the responsibility of being captain. He is an average player and someone who isnt good enough if we are hoping to challenge for 3rd or 4th this season IMO.

PotsyHibee
31-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I've always been a fan of Hogg but have to agree on this one. Don't think he's been up to scratch so far this season and am beginning to think that he was getting carried by Jones more than most realised.