PDA

View Full Version : Next 4 fixtures

PaulSmith
30-08-2009, 07:37 PM
So that's a toughy out of the way but time maybe to look forward to the next 4 games where there are plenty of points to pick up.

Hamilton away
St Johnstone home
Well away
Dundee Utd home

Hopefully a few new signings in there as well plus the addition on a fit Zemamma and a returning Iain Murray.

All positive from me.

Sean1875
30-08-2009, 07:40 PM
can see us getting through all those undefeated tbh :agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-08-2009, 07:46 PM
10 out of 12 for me.

Hamilton - They're looking really poor this season - 3 points

St Johnstone - Scoring a few goals, so might be tougher than some think, but these are games that Hibs MUST win - 3 points

Motherwell - Probably a score draw - 1 point

Dundee United - Always tough, but Hibs by the odd goal in three - 3 points.

mayo hibee
30-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Definite 9 or 10 points for the taking here. Motherwell away will be tough.

If there are no more signings we need to:

- Keep Stack in goal
- Give McCormack a run of games in defence
- Play Murray alongside Bamba at centre-back
- Play Wotherspoon as much as possible (without burning the kid out)

Despite the defeat today, I'm becoming more and more confident that we're the third best team in the league this year. If we can bring in one or two more, even better.

Sammy7nil
30-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Anything more than 7 points would be good less than 7 dissappointing

Sir David Gray
30-08-2009, 09:27 PM
We MUST win our home games against everyone except the OF (I still believe that anything we get against them should be viewed as a bonus).

I think we should be looking to beat Hamilton and probably Motherwell as well.

I think we should be aiming to get between 8-10 points.

weedgiehibbie
30-08-2009, 09:37 PM
trying not to get carried away much here....but.... :greengrin

12 points seem very much acheivable if we play to form - and theres the problem - this is Hibs and games against good, trickey teams like Dundee Utd could cost us points as well as the away game at motherwell against an interesting motherwell side

andrew_dundee
31-08-2009, 12:20 AM
realistically if we are to get third place then we NEED to beat Dundee United. having said that if we get results again United and Hearts but not Hamilton then thats a perfect way to lose ground too.

3 points are 3 points regardless of who they are against and when we play them but ultimately we all want to get third place and that wont happen unless we have consistency

i tend to agree that anything against the OF is a bonus and form goes out of the window for derbies so they can go either way

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Hamilton are long overdue a result against us but I think that they will go down this season and 3 points there is very much on the cards. Not sure who St. J play next but I would rather that they have won a game before coming to us. As posted earlier, 7 points or better is ok. 12 is achievable though.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
31-08-2009, 11:30 AM
12 points. Keep the faith ! :thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
31-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Given that Hibs will ALWAYS lose games they shouldn't, I'll be happy with 7. We should beat Hamilton, but a point wouldn't be bad. We should really beat Saints even if it may be by the odd goal. Fir Park is never overly great for Hibs and a defeat wouldn't exactly be earth-shattering or the stuff of fantasy. Quietly confident that we are good enough to perform well enough to beat Dundee Utd though.

scoopyboy
31-08-2009, 11:37 AM
So that's a toughy out of the way but time maybe to look forward to the next 4 games where there are plenty of points to pick up.

Hamilton away
St Johnstone home
Well away
Dundee Utd home

Hopefully a few new signings in there as well plus the addition on a fit Zemamma and a returning Iain Murray.

All positive from me.

Paul, you could probably have called it five games. After the four you have quoted the next game is at home to Killie.