PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne

Nakedmanoncrack
30-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Any thoughts on his performance after coming on today?

Only seen him playing for the U19s previously.

Sammy7nil
30-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Yogi being too clever ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone else agree bringing on Curtis first and leaving Nish and Benji on the bench was a mistake ?

Yogi reading his own press giving youngsters a chance etc etc

We needed a goal and Benji was the best option imho with Nish being next best option. Yet we get a youngster who has had next no time 1st team experience playing against possibly the best team in Scotland

We ended up with too many up front and not enough in midfield and not taking advantage of our extra man.

We could not get the ball in the last 30 mins never mind get the ball to Zemmama or Deeks

Think Yogi tried and failed to be too clever imho

POSTED this earlier

I think Yogi got this wrong I also think this experience will have hindered him rather than helped. The boy maybe a star but this was the wrong game for him.

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 07:45 PM
I think he admits this in his post match interview when he says that we were crowded up front.

Baldy
30-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Any thoughts on his performance after coming on today?

Only seen him playing for the U19s previously.

Kurtis is waaaay out his depth in the first team

oconnors_strip
30-08-2009, 10:43 PM

i wouldnt say waaaay out of his depth! but he isnt near 1st team standard at the moment. he needs to bulk up and learn from yogi, rice and other strikers at the club. going on loan would help him greatly in my opinion.

think there has been to much hype about the young lad and people are expecting this great, finished article when they see him play for the first time. end of the season will be a good time to judge kurtis on his play.

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2009, 06:09 AM

Defo..

I know he needs experience but yesterday wasn't the day to give him it..

A loan spell in a lower division would do him good..

matty_f
31-08-2009, 07:18 AM
I thought Kurtis didn't do himself justice yesterday. He's a good player and I'd disagree that he's out of his depth (waaaaaaaay or not) in the first team.

I think that yesterday probably wasn't the best time to put him on, given we're a goal down to Celtc and chasing the game, however he'll have learned from the game and it's experience like that that will make him a better player.

lapsedhibee
31-08-2009, 07:24 AM
No. Yogi, despite his broad Leith accent, is the cleverest man in Scotland, and does not make mistakes. He put Kurtis on in difficult circumstances to shut his dad up from demanding this, that and the other for KB for the rest of the season.

(((Fergus)))
31-08-2009, 09:42 AM
No. Yogi, despite his broad Leith accent, is the cleverest man in Scotland, and does not make mistakes. He put Kurtis on in difficult circumstances to shut his dad up from demanding this, that and the other for KB for the rest of the season.

Good point. Kurtis was like a wee laddie in a grown-up's game. Contrast with Wotherspoon who was immense.

Phil MaGlass
31-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Kurtis will learn, he is a prospect, at the moment he just needs a wee bit of time like all the young lads.

PISTOL1875
31-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Kurtis will be a good player for us but throwing him in against Celtic was a bad move. Gradually ease him in against the lesser clubs and then take it from there....

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I love the way Yogi gives the young players a chance. All this "he's not ready" rubbish. You get ready by playing games. The idea that someone is going to be wrapped in cotton wool then emerge as the complete player is nonsense. KB will have learned a lot being pitched in such difficult circumstances yesterday.

ancient hibee
31-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Did he look any worse than Stokes:devil:

Stantons Angel
31-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Maybe he shouldnt have come on in this game but the young man is bursting to show what he can do and in time he will do it!

Forget about his dad, show your support and encouragement to the boy now, as he wont let you down!

Will you Kurtis?:thumbsup: