PDA

View Full Version : Darren McCormack

Cocaine&Caviar
30-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Looked better than McCann and DVZ have so far, hope he gets a run in the team...

hibbybrian
30-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Looked better than McCann and DVZ have so far, hope he gets a run in the team...

Sorry to say but in my humble opinion, if the answer is Darren McCormack, the question should not be "next right back for Hibs" but rather who should replace Hogg :devil:

Cameron1875
30-08-2009, 06:35 PM
your having a laugh? I really dont get why everyone loves mccormack. He seems uncomfortable driving forward and isnt great at delivering a cross. Also he got outmuscled a lot and lost count of the amount of times samaras skipped by him. Saw him play right back at parkhead last year too and he got torn apart. I would give him a chance at CB but really dont understand the love in.

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Bring back Thierry..

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 06:50 PM
probably he is a favourite because he left Celtic for us. He was OK today. Its difficult to find young guys to play in the middle of the defence and usually a few games at full back is good for their education.

Badge
30-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Thought the 2 full backs played well today. Having said that would like to see a new right back and a new centre half with McCormack instead of Hogg.

southfieldshibby
30-08-2009, 08:54 PM
looks like a player to me.:agree:

random sub
30-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Thought he was a bit sluggish and missed a few simple passes, or didn't see the pass to make, but hey, hope he gets better.

Scooter
30-08-2009, 09:24 PM
i was mpressed. i took into concideration that hes a centre half. thought he done well

Golden Bear
30-08-2009, 09:26 PM
He looked like a central defender trying to act as a stop gap full back.

I don't think the lad has the pace to occupy a full back's role I'm afraid.

whereswallace?
31-08-2009, 02:38 AM
probably he is a favourite because he left Celtic for us. He was OK today. Its difficult to find young guys to play in the middle of the defence and usually a few games at full back is good for their education.

Dont think this is the case :confused: Was he not already on our books and Celtic wanted him,im sure he was on the verge of agreeing a move to go there but under JC he changed his mind in order to sign a new long term contract with us?

matty_f
31-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I thought he did well, so did Hanlon. Considering they were faced with McGeady and Maloney, they did fine.

Littlest Hobo
31-08-2009, 07:53 AM
His job today was first and foremost to stop crosses coming in from the left. He failed to do this on quite a few occasions. I agree with the posters who think he should be given a chance at centre half.

RIP
31-08-2009, 07:54 AM
So this wasn't the Darren McCormack who played at right back obviously.

Celtic's forwards were going past him like he wasn't there. He appeared to be incapable of cutting out the crosses.

So slow he makes Chris Hogg look like Ivan Sproule

Like Chris, looks cool and composed on the ball, not nearly so good under pressure

Hibee87
31-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Dont think this is the case :confused: Was he not already on our books and Celtic wanted him,im sure he was on the verge of agreeing a move to go there but under JC he changed his mind in order to sign a new long term contract with us?

Yes, he was a hibs youth player shellic wanted him he was considering a move until his dad who is a die hard hibby (as is darren) had a wee word in his ear :thumbsup:

Littlest Hobo
31-08-2009, 07:58 AM

Celtic's forwards were going past him like he wasn't there. He appeared to be incapable of cutting out the crosses.

Like Chris, looks cool and composed on the ball, not nearly so good under pressure

Yep, I'd have to agree with that. Seems to be a bit of a problem position for us. I think we need to strengthen this position if we can afford to? That and the CH position, oh and midfield! :greengrin :thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
31-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Have I missed what Kevin McCann, he of the career threatening injury and trying to regain fitness plus a perfectly acceptable first game in two weeks against St. Mirren, has done to offend people?

Ronaldo9
31-08-2009, 08:53 AM

Get a grip son! Its boys like you who really pi$$ me off! It was the boys 1st game this season and whaever you think Maloney is one of the best wingers in the counrty!

DMc is a young boy trying to stake a claim for his place in the side. FFS give him a chance!

Slow?? No chance Maloney is just quick and as for your opinion of our club capt? Yes he didnt have the best game yesterday but he is the best we have for that position.

If your quote above is your usual drivel then I have to say I have forgotten more about football than you know!

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Thought Darren did ok though played out of position and also having not featured until this game. Personally would like to see a natural full back brought in.

Cocaine&Caviar
31-08-2009, 10:46 AM
your having a laugh? I really dont get why everyone loves mccormack. He seems uncomfortable driving forward and isnt great at delivering a cross. Also he got outmuscled a lot and lost count of the amount of times samaras skipped by him. Saw him play right back at parkhead last year too and he got torn apart. I would give him a chance at CB but really dont understand the love in.

Love In? Love in?!

What are you on about? The vast majority of talk regarding Darren has been about his turning down of Celtic, and the incident with the Hearts player. However this thread was actually made with the intent of praising him for his performance against, IMO, the best team in the league. None of us are saying he is a great player wither, simply that i feel that he is the best out of our current tried options of McCann, DVZ and McCormack.

marinello59
31-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Love In? Love in?!

What are you on about? The vast majority of talk regarding Darren has been about his turning down of Celtic, and the incident with the Hearts player. However this thread was actually made with the intent of praising him for his performance against, IMO, the best team in the league. None of us are saying he is a great player wither, simply that i feel that he is the best out of our current tried options of McCann, DVZ and McCormack.

Based on his performance yesterday I would agree. The boy done good.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 11:11 AM

Knocking back Celtic for Hibs and knocking out a Jambo - his cult status at ER is assured, come what may.

RIP
31-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Get a grip son! Its boys like you who really pi$$ me off! It was the boys 1st game this season and whaever you think Maloney is one of the best wingers in the counrty!

DMc is a young boy trying to stake a claim for his place in the side. FFS give him a chance!

Slow?? No chance Maloney is just quick and as for your opinion of our club capt? Yes he didnt have the best game yesterday but he is the best we have for that position.

If your quote above is your usual drivel then I have to say I have forgotten more about football than you know!

Crikey - Darren should have taken you to that anger management clinic with him!!:take that

I saw DM at McDiarmind at an U20 Scotland game. He was a class act amongst his age group. I was disappointed that he wasn't a bit taller and more dominant in the air but he looked assured on the ball.

Since then (and like Chris Hogg) he's put on a lot of muscle. Personally I think it's to his disadvantage - I prefer Hanlon's light, fast build for a full back. The Hogg comparison continues with slower reactions and lack of sprint speed.

It's two years since he made his first-team debut under Collins so I dont accept your argument that he's "a young boy trying to stake a claim for his place in the side.". He's at the same age and stage as Lewis (21) - at a "make or break" age to capture a regular team place.

However you are right. Darren will face less daunting opposition than Celtic this season if he keeps his place