PDA

View Full Version : Maka or Stack??

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Till they're not there!
Today was as perfect an example of that as you will ever see!
Maka back in for next week :agree:

HH81
30-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I dont actually mind Maka but what you basing dropping Stack on?

HibeeHutch
30-08-2009, 01:54 PM
You've obviously had one too many jugs of sangria. Thought stack was much more assured that Maka.

Monts
30-08-2009, 01:55 PM
I like maka, but cant say i noticed anything that would indicate stack should lose his place :confused:

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I did like the look of Stack but I would like to see the goal again before making up my mind :agree:

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I dont actually mind Maka but what you basing dropping Stack on?
Not coming for one cross apart from the one he tried for but got lost in a rick of players and made an arse of it.Every corner and every cross made us look defensless!Had two saves all game which if he hadn't saved would have been criminal.He just has mo presence at all..

J-C
30-08-2009, 01:57 PM
You've obviously had one too many jugs of sangria. Thought stack was much more assured that Maka.

Didn't look to clever at crosses, he came for nowt and allowed CH's to win every crossed ball, Maka would've gave us extra optio for their crosses in the first half. Stack made one good save and blocked Samaras's shot, which was an easy one to save.

Fat Stu
30-08-2009, 01:58 PM
not saw the highlights so not going to say too much but I thought stack sould of done better at the goal, other than that thought he played well with the little he had to do.

Not sure why maka was dropped in the first place though.

JE89
30-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Not coming for one cross apart from the one he tried for but got lost in a rick of players and made an arse of it.Every corner and every cross made us look defensless!Had two saves all game which if he hadn't saved would have been criminal.He just has mo presence at all..

Don't talk pish. I think you are Maka. Keep Stack in goals :agree:

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 02:00 PM
not saw the highlights so not going to say too much but I thought stack sould of done better at the goal, other than that thought he played well with the little he had to do.

Not sure why maka was dropped in the first place though.

Maka has a slight injury

Fat Stu
30-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Maka has a slight injury

ok then, good enough reason.

CapitalHibs
30-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I will say this. Maka gives us at least one heart-stopping moment in every game he plays in. Stack gave us none today.:greengrin

magnificent_seven
30-08-2009, 02:11 PM
he was a bit suspect at crosses,but id keep him in the team over maka.we just need a new centre half

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I will say this. Maka gives us at least one heart-stopping moment in every game he plays in. Stack gave us none today.:greengrinI'm sorry but that is one of the most stupid things i've heard.Every time the ball came over in the form a cross or a corner he was nowhere.He hasn't got it mate!

DBHibs
30-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I thought Stack looked good personally and would keep him in the side over Maka for the moment.

Don't think he had much chance with the goal - looked to be a well placed header from close range by Samaras from where I was sitting.

CapitalHibs
30-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry but that is one of the most stupid things i've heard.Every time the ball came over in the form a cross or a corner he was nowhere.He hasn't got it mate!

Don't be sorry! Everybody entitled to their own opinion.

Bob1875
30-08-2009, 02:17 PM
If people can't see what was wrong with Stacks performance today then they don't know much about goalkeeping. Celtics corners were constantly put into our 6 yard box and he never came for them?? We can't have a GK who doesn't come for that kind of bread & butter ball.

J-C
30-08-2009, 02:20 PM
If people can't see what was wrong with Stacks performance today then they don't know much about goalkeeping. Celtics corners were constantly put into our 6 yard box and he never came for them?? We can't have a GK who doesn't come for that kind of bread & butter ball.

That's what I saw, at least Maka has a bit more presence at crosses and comes for them.

JE89
30-08-2009, 02:25 PM
That's what I saw, at least Maka has a bit more presence at crosses and comes for them.

...then drops them :wink:

J-C
30-08-2009, 02:27 PM

But at least he stops the attackers from getting their heads to them eh!

Every cross that came in Stack was rooted to the spot and they were unlucky to only get one goal in the first half.

CapitalHibs
30-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Aye, that's the rub:wink:

No goalie is perfect and will be under scrutiny all the time. Depends really on overall performance and keeping errors to a minimum, I would guess.

Johnny_hfc
30-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Stack done nothing wrong, glad he was playing. Maka is a liability.

Aspire
30-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Stacks a better keeper and his kicking from ground is different class. He didn't shank any. The quality of Celtic's corners was excellent and would have caused most goal keepers and defences problems.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Not one complaint about Stack's performance today. Faultless at the goal, distribution was excellent and he looks more than capable.

In footballing cliched terms, he's a safe pair of hands.

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Not one complaint about Stack's performance today. Faultless at the goal, distribution was excellent and he looks more than capable.

In footballing cliched terms, he's a safe pair of hands.Remarkable observation as he didn't come for one single cross or corner and caught it!..Sorry there was ONE that fell into his hands with not a soul about.He was so unimposing and lost at crosses that only the wind-up merchants on here will want him back in the team!

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Stacks a better keeper and his kicking from ground is different class. He didn't shank any. The quality of Celtic's corners was excellent and would have caused most goal keepers and defences problems.

:top marks

skipster7
30-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I will say this. Maka gives us at least one heart-stopping moment in every game he plays in. Stack gave us none today.:greengrin
did you miss the proccession of crosses and corners bouncing in our 6 yard box in the first half ?, seemed very reluctant to step off his line.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Remarkable observation as he didn't come for one single cross or corner and caught it!..Sorry there was ONE that fell into his hands with not a soul about.He was so unimposing and lost at crosses that only the wind-up merchants on here will want him back in the team!

Wind and p1sh I'm afraid. He doesn't have to come for every single cross does he? The corners from Fox in particular were whipped in at a wicked pace.

I like Maka and he will be a good keeper one day but to put it bluntly, I feel more comfortable with Stack in goals.

dalkeith stu
30-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Come on guys what do we want here? :grr:

Stack looked good today; his distribution was great, we weren’t sitting with our hearts in our mouths every time he had the ball at his feet either. OK he doesn’t come for cross balls but it was the fact Hogg lost Samaras that lost us the goal today. He had a couple of good saves and a 1 on 1 near the end. Some people on here think we can just go out and find a Cech or Buffon who is happy to come to us for 3K a week. We should be happy we have two good keepers on our books and not criticise their mistakes. Leave that to the clowns in the media.

ronaldo7
30-08-2009, 03:12 PM
One on one with Samarass near the end and makes a stop. Good game today, and his distribution was good. A couple of small mistakes in 90 minutes is good enough for me:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I think we'd still be fed up if we had a building firm who bricked the goals up. A friend was denigrating Stack for not coming off his line, the same guy who moans at Bamba for leaving the six yard box.

Stack had little to do and did it well.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I thought Stack did well today. He looked confident and was not a fault for the goal IMO. I agree he should have came for more crosses tho. Was a bit disapointed to see him clap the Celtc fans when he came out for the 2nd half :grr: but found it funny when he joined their wee poofy hudle at full-time. :faf:

Hibs Spain
Wind and p1sh I'm afraid. He doesn't have to come for every single cross does he? The corners from Fox in particular were whipped in at a wicked pace.

I like Maka and he will be a good keeper one day but to put it bluntly, I feel more comfortable with Stack in goals.He doesn't have come for ANY crosses if he doesn't want to.And he was obviously maximizing his human rights options today..Plenty "nothing" crossses came in that he was lost at.Look at his attempt to save the goal..That'll finish you off. :bye:

Woody1985
One on one with Samarass near the end and makes a stop. Good game today, and his distribution was good. A couple of small mistakes in 90 minutes is good enough for me:thumbsup:

He made the stop well but Samaras' shot was ***** and practically straight at him.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 03:17 PM
He doesn't have come for ANY crosses if he doesn't want to.And he was obviously maximizing his human rights options today..Plenty "nothing" crossses came in that he was lost at.Look at his attempt to save the goal..That'll finish you off. :bye:

A flashing header from six yards into the back of the net that very few keepers would have stopped?

I'm sorry but if you're willing to apportion the blame on Stack's shoulders for the goal conceded today then you are either very pro-Makalambay, very anti-Stack or quite simply very harsh.

Lev Yashin would have had to put a shift in to save that header today.

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 03:20 PM
A flashing header from six yards into the back of the net that very few keepers would have stopped?

I'm sorry but if you're willing to apportion the blame on Stack's shoulders for the goal conceded today then you are either very pro-Makalambay, very anti-Stack or quite simply very harsh.

Lev Yashin would have had to put a shift in to save that header today.I suggest you look at the replay

down-the-slope
30-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Come on guys what do we want here? :grr:

Stack looked good today; his distribution was great, we weren’t sitting with our hearts in our mouths every time he had the ball at his feet either. OK he doesn’t come for cross balls but it was the fact Hogg lost Samaras that lost us the goal today. He had a couple of good saves and a 1 on 1 near the end. Some people on here think we can just go out and find a Cech or Buffon who is happy to come to us for 3K a week. We should be happy we have two good keepers on our books and not criticise their mistakes. Leave that to the clowns in the media.
:agree:

Mikeystewart
30-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Thought Stack had a no bad game. Made a great one on one stop from Samaras

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I suggest you look at the replay

I have. Several times.

Hibs get a bad enough press from the media for goalkeeping gaffes as it is, we don't need to go fabricating mistakes to add to it.

Maka wouldn't have stopped that header either.

sleeping giant
30-08-2009, 03:33 PM
That bad guy Stack told me he'd sign my boys top when he finished his warm up and he didn't:grr:

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:34 PM
This was the first time Stack has played behind these centre halves in a proper game.In the first half nobody took responsibility for crosses.The header was from outside the box-he had no chance but Bamba was easily out muscled.Second half as they got to know each other was much better and an excellent save to avoid 2-0.Distributes the ball much better and quicker than Maka and I think he is streets ahead of him.

The_Horde
30-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I like the look of Stack.

No nonsense and distribution is brilliant.

Loved when he got in the middle of celtics end of game huddle to shake boruc's hand and break them up. :greengrin

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I have. Several times.

Hibs get a bad enough press from the media for goalkeeping gaffes as it is, we don't need to go fabricating mistakes to add to it.

Maka wouldn't have stopped that header either.Ok ..Look at it again in the company of someone you can trust to give it to you straight :bye:

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Ok ..Look at it again in the company of someone you can trust to give it to you straight :bye:

No need to. Bamba was at fault for the goal, not Stack. Case closed in my opinion.

Lets just agree to disagree on this one, no hard feelings.

TheBall'sRound
30-08-2009, 03:57 PM

Lev Yashin would have had to put a shift in to save that header today.

He's very very VERY pro-Makalambay.

Don't feed the troll :confused:

Spike Mandela
30-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Wasn't that impressed with Stack today. Thought he was very static when crosses were pinging in and lacked presence (although going by his huddle antics doesn't lack character:greengrin)

If Maka is fit I don't think Stack did enough to keep the jersey from him in the next game.

fife hfc
30-08-2009, 04:08 PM

:agree: spot on. celtic had quality delivery today and Maka would have struggled with it. I felt Stack looks a more confident gk and pulled off two decent saves. maka is a liability and Stack must remain no1.

--------
30-08-2009, 04:10 PM
This is joyous.

When Maka's in goal, we have one lot of netters getting on to him regardless.

Now Stack's had his chance, and we have a different lot of netters getting on to HIM.

Since they're BOTH Hibs keepers, any chance at all that Hibs fans might give them BOTH a wee bit of positive support?

.... or am I just being silly? :rolleyes:

J-C
30-08-2009, 04:12 PM
This is joyous.

When Maka's in goal, we have one lot of netters getting on to him regardless.

Now Stack's had his chance, and we have a different lot of netters getting on to HIM.

Since they're BOTH Hibs keepers, any chance at all that Hibs fans might give them BOTH a wee bit of positive support?

.... or am I just being silly? :rolleyes:

Come on now Doddie, you don't expect us to agree on something like this, it just wouldn't be Hibs,net :wink::greengrin

Cropley10
30-08-2009, 04:16 PM

In footballing cliched terms, he's a safe pair of hands.

Completely agree:agree:

BEEJ
30-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Till they're not there!
He might well be .... but there's no game next weeK? :greengrin

Umpteen chances for Maka to prove himself but Stack should be shown the door after one SPL match? :confused: You're just a wind-up merchant, aren't you! :wink:

Over 90% of your posts concern one Hibs player and the reality is that you're doing him no favours by starting threads like this.

Cropley10
30-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Remarkable observation as he didn't come for one single cross or corner and caught it!..Sorry there was ONE that fell into his hands with not a soul about.He was so unimposing and lost at crosses that only the wind-up merchants on here will want him back in the team!

But he can distribute the ball well and quickly and doesn't look like a basketball player Paco

Cropley10
30-08-2009, 04:21 PM
He might well be .... but there's no game next weeK? :greengrin

Umpteen chances for Maka to prove himself but Stack should be shown the door after one SPL match? :confused: You're just a wind-up merchant, aren't you! :wink:

Over 90% of your posts concern one Hibs player and the reality is that you're doing him no favours by starting threads like this.

He has previous of course:wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I said two weeks ago, Stack would be our keeper within 6 weeks. It looks like he's got the job a month earlier than i thought he would. Did nothing wrong today, he's the man with the shirt now, i dont think Maka will get it back.

JE89
30-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I said two weeks ago, Stack would be our keeper within 6 weeks. It looks like he's got the job a month earlier than i thought he would. Did nothing wrong today, he's the man with the shirt now, i dont think Maka will get it back.

:agree: I agreed with you then and agree now. Think the whole team will benefit from it. His distribution is twice as good as Maka's.

Golden Bear
30-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Till they're not there!

I'm convinced you're Maka's love child!

:greengrin

Row H
30-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Till they're not there!

Yeah, great post Hibs Spain.

I think Burley should call Maka up for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers, dont you think?

YehButNoBut
30-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm convinced you're Maka's love child!

:greengrin

Or Maka himself.:greengrin

500miles
30-08-2009, 04:35 PM
With our CH's we'll need Maka's height. Every cross whizzed across the face of goal, begging to get a toe on it. Stack may work better with more commanding CH's as he is prepared to stick to his line, which prevents confusion. Of course, against most teams we should be OK - Samaras seemed even bigger than I remembered today - and we won't come up against many forwards as big as him.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 04:42 PM
With our CH's we'll need Maka's height. Every cross whizzed across the face of goal, begging to get a toe on it. Stack may work better with more commanding CH's as he is prepared to stick to his line, which prevents confusion. Of course, against most teams we should be OK - Samaras seemed even bigger than I remembered today - and we won't come up against many forwards as big as him.

These crosses were actually mostly corners, and bloody good corners. Fox's delivery was superb, and no keeper imho would have come for them. Maka may have come, we all know he would never have caught any, maybe he would have punched a few away, but if we are all honest, we all know he would have missed one or two, and caused great confusion.

500miles
30-08-2009, 04:50 PM
These crosses were actually mostly corners, and bloody good corners. Fox's delivery was superb, and no keeper imho would have come for them. Maka may have come, we all know he would never have caught any, maybe he would have punched a few away, but if we are all honest, we all know he would have missed one or two, and caused great confusion.

We'll find out against the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell - teams without the freakish height of Samaras - how good Stack really is. However, I do feel we may have faired better TODAY with Maka. Makalamby can be as exceptional as he can be farcicle at times, and is a bit of a gamble either way.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 04:52 PM
We'll find out against the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell. However, I do feel we may have faired better TODAY with Maka. Makalamby can be as exceptional as he can be farcicle at times, and is a bit of a gamble either way.

Yip we will find out against the other teams. I have to say from a personal point of view, i felt safer with Stack in goal.

CalgaryHibs
30-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Didnae get chance to see Stack play today what are people thoughts on this guy ??

which is betta Maka or Stack ?

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Too early to say.

Way too early.

aliman82
30-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Early doors, but I thought we really missed Maka at set pieces/crosses. Defence looked out of sorts every time a ball was thrown in around the 6 yard box and the keeper wasn't claiming/challenging for it.

hibby19
30-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Early doors, but I thought we really missed Maka at set pieces/crosses. Defence looked out of sorts every time a ball was thrown in around the 6 yard box and the keeper wasn't claiming/challenging for it.

I would agree with that :agree: Stacks distribution and kicking under pressure is quite impressive though and came in handy today with Celtic closing down quickly a lot of the time.

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 05:55 PM

:agree: although Stack made 2 great saves today and his kicking looked good as well

CentreLine
30-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Maka has been a disaster under cross balls since the day he arrived. hoped, no, really really hoped, that we might finally have a keeper with Stack. Not on today's performance. Yet another keeper who cannot cut out a cross ball. However, in every other area he looked good and he did command his area. I think Stack before Maka but we still need a real goalie :duck:

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Till they're not there!

What are you smoking?

Maka is pash, what other SPL team would have him as 1st choice?

Aye, nane!!

Stack didn't come for crosses but that's better than Maka going walkabout and flapping like a giant albatross..

Stack is number 1 ...

DaniAndersson
30-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Stack certainly has a big boot and seems to have better hands than Ma-Kalambay, as in the technique that he used to catch crosses/shots is better. He did stay on his line an awful lot at set-pieces but to be fair, Maloney and Fox whipped in the balls at such a pace that any keeper/defense would've had trouble dealing with them. His two saves in the second half, from Samaras in particular, were impressive.

I suspect he's steadier than Ma-Kalambay and fills the defense with a bit more confidence. I'd imagine he'll be Hughes' first choice from now on.

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 06:50 PM
After today's game , Stack is just as bad as Maka when it comes to coming off his line.. A goalie has to come off his line and he was found wanting a few times today..

How many times did Celtic put a cross in and when the goalie could've came and collected it , he didn't ???

Barney McGrew
30-08-2009, 06:55 PM
How many times did Celtic put a cross in and when the goalie could've came and collected it , he didn't ???

Likewise, how many of those balls could have been cut out by defenders who stood and watched it sail into the box without challenging for it?

Part/Time Supporter
30-08-2009, 07:04 PM

I think Stack is a more reliable keeper, particularly with ball at feet, which is quite important for keepers since the backpass rule change. I don't think it takes a leap of the imagination to suggest that Stack wouldn't have conceded that daft goal against St. Mirren.

He probably is a "line" keeper (ie won't come for crosses unless they are on top of him), but the problem really was that Celtic were getting so many crosses over and then winning a large share of the headers. Wotherspoon was getting over a similar quality of cross over in the second half, but invariably Loovens or Caldwell won the header.

McD
30-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Likewise, how many of those balls could have been cut out by defenders who stood and watched it sail into the box without challenging for it?

At the goal, rankin was posted missing, leaving hanlon to cover both mcgeady and hinkel, which inevitably left hinkel with all the room in the world to pick out his man.

Maka always has your heart in your mouth any time a ball goes in the box. Stack looked very assured today. As has already been said, celtics crossing today was excellent. We wont be facing that every week

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Sometimes a defender can't get to the ball when it comes over.. THAT is where the goalie should come off his line and claim it... Stack today was nowhere to be seen in that department.. Our defence is bad enough and the last thing we need is another goalie who won't come off his line...

500miles
30-08-2009, 07:12 PM
What are you smoking?

Maka is pash, what other SPL team would have him as 1st choice?

Aberdeen. Falkirk. And that's just two i can think of off the top of my head. He's far better than Langfield and Olejnik.

Cool_Hand_Luke
30-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Far too early to tell as he never really had a lot to do.
The couple of saves he did make you would expect any half decent keeper to make.
Didn't seem to want to come for cross balls very much.
He seemed quite comfortable taking pass backs and kicking it out, and although he has got a big kick in him, i felt that too often it was just a big punt up the middle of the park from him which Caldwell/Loovens dealt with all game long and it was just giving possession back to Celtic each time he kicked out.

Not convinced on that performance but as said...is far too early to tell :agree:
If Maka was brought back in for the next game then i wouldn't be too disappointed (and i'm not his biggest fan), if Stack keeps his place then also wouldn't be too disappointed...its 50/50 for me :agree: :greengrin

erin go bragh
30-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Stack done nothing wrong, glad he was playing. Maka is a liability.
how many crosses that came into his box did he catch? a big nade[fat] zero :confused: a keeper must come and catch the crosses not be rooted to the spot . maka for me every time:wink:

King Paddy
30-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I feel Maka has much more of a presence. Stack stayed on his line to much IMHO.

Sammy7nil
30-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Wasn't that impressed with Stack today. Thought he was very static when crosses were pinging in and lacked presence (although going by his huddle antics doesn't lack character:greengrin)

If Maka is fit I don't think Stack did enough to keep the jersey from him in the next game.

I agree as crosses flshed in he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights

emmjayfox
30-08-2009, 08:17 PM
the best goalie weve ever had never came of his line for crosses either,AG.

as for the goal,ive not seen it again but i know the goalscorer was who hogg was marking most of the game??

Sammy7nil
30-08-2009, 08:20 PM
the best goalie weve ever had never came of his line for crosses either,AG.

as for the goal,ive not seen it again but i know the goalscorer was who hogg was marking most of the game??

Bamba wa with him for the goal and Samaras got goal side

Hogg tripped in the box and if Samaras had not got his head to the ball several Celtic players were queing up

borstalboy
30-08-2009, 08:25 PM
i think several folk have had way too many beers on a sunday afternoon.....imo Stack looks a more assured goalie and for Maka all i can say is remember the final game of last season vs aberdeen....that somes him up! He's had his chance and was given ample time to prove it and still blunders.

I didnt see boruc coming for too many balls today either (not that there was many)

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry but that is one of the most stupid things i've heard.Every time the ball came over in the form a cross or a corner he was nowhere.He hasn't got it mate!

Well you obviously weren't at the game...

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I have. Several times.

Maka wouldn't have stopped that header either.

Well you obviously weren't at the game...Err ehhmmm ...:greengrin

Speedway
30-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Till they're not there!

:fishin:

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 09:03 PM
:fishin:what are they saying?

Franck is God
30-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Stack will make very few mistakes for Hibs because he stays on his line and takes no chances but he will only make the saves that you would expect every goalkeeper to make. Is this why he has never been a number one keeper anywhere else?

Maka will make the odd fumble but he commands his area well and comes for any cross that comes near him, he will also win us games with outstanding performances (like Boruc did today)

It depends what you want in your keeper. Personally I'd rather have one that can pull off something special and accept the odd error than have another Nick Colgan but everyone has their own opinion, the one that counts is Yogi's though.

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Stack will make very few mistakes for Hibs because he stays on his line and takes no chances but he will only make the saves that you would expect every goalkeeper to make. Is this why he has never been a number one keeper anywhere else?

Maka will make the odd fumble but he commands his area well and comes for any cross that comes near him, he will also win us games with outstanding performances (like Boruc did today)

It depends what you want in your keeper. Personally I'd rather have one that can pull off something special and accept the odd error than have another Nick Colgan but everyone has their own opinion, the one that counts is Yogi's though.really good point.would add though that not coming off your line must surely be counted as a mistake?

Hibercelona
30-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Why we should keeps Stacks between the sticks....

1. He could have done nothing about the goal
2. He has one hell of a kick that could be a useful tool
3. He looks sheer mental :wink:

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Why we should keeps Stacks between the sticks....

1. He could have done nothing about the goal
2. He has one hell of a kick that could be a useful tool
3. He looks sheer mental :wink:Re the kick comment..I happen to know that Maka's kicks are controlled..Anyone must have noticed that.He can actually kick a dead ball from the edge of his box over the opponent's bye line! He can throw the ball from the edge of his box to the edge of the other box!!

sleeping giant
30-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Re the kick comment..I happen to know that Maka's kicks are controlled..Anyone must have noticed that.He can actually kick a dead ball from the edge of his box over the opponent's bye line! He can throw the ball from the edge of his box to the edge of the other box!!
:thumbsup:

Gaun yersel:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
31-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Re the kick comment..I happen to know that Maka's kicks are controlled..Anyone must have noticed that.He can actually kick a dead ball from the edge of his box over the opponent's bye line! He can throw the ball from the edge of his box to the edge of the other box!!

I know he can. :agree:

But he doesnt do it often enough.

I don't think Stacks had 1 bad kick today.... they all looked like mighty strong kicks.

I know Maka can do it too... but he doesnt do it very often.

andrew_dundee
31-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Maka is more error prone (although to be fair as this is Stacks first game we dont have much to judge it on) but he is also a few years younger and getting better almost every game... regardless the competition will hopefully only serve to improve both of them

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I think the entire credibility of this thread has been compromised from the off. "Maka vs Stacka" surely?

Hibs Spain
31-08-2009, 06:56 AM
I know he can. :agree:

But he doesnt do it often enough.

I don't think Stacks had 1 bad kick today.... they all looked like mighty strong kicks.

I know Maka can do it too... but he doesnt do it very often.What's the point in kicking the ball straight into the opponent's box?

Hibee87
31-08-2009, 08:03 AM

Ok ive not read al 3 pages just till here, and i agree stack in fairness didnt have much to do and banter him pshing into the huddle :faf: but yes every cross/corner he was nowhere and maka would have saved samaras header :duck:

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2009, 08:04 AM
This is the same Maka that waddled out to the edge of his box on the opening day of the season and left a open goal aye?

Hiber-nation
31-08-2009, 08:06 AM

:troll:

Littlest Hobo
31-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Far too early to make a judgement on the boy. I'd give him a few more games to see what he can do before deciding between the two of them. It's got to be said that Maka isn't the most reliable goalkeeper, not to say he wont ever be. I just think that Maka hasen't exactly covered himself in glory since he arrived at the club. A wee spell on the bench might just be the best thing for him at this moment in time.

degenerated
31-08-2009, 08:43 AM
What's the point in kicking the ball straight into the opponent's box?

it makes more sense than kicking it off the opposing centre forwards back and into your own net, but there you go it's all about opinions i suppose. :yawn:

TornadoHibby
31-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Till they're not there!

I agree! :duck:

Thought that Stack kicked well and had a couple of good stops esp the Samaras one near the end although Samaras made that a bit easier for him by hitting it straight at him! :agree:

However, cross balls coming into the area of the six yard line must be the responsibility of the keeper IMO! :grr:

If he doesn't take these crosses he will have absolutely no chance from the resultant attacking header from that distance should the CH's not be able to deal with it! :grr:

First half, numerous crosses went onto that area, weren't dealt with by Stack or the CH's and Celtc could easily have had at least a couple more goals before half time IMO! :agree:

Stack is promising but by no means immediately the no 1 keeper IMO! :cool2:

Hibs Spain
31-08-2009, 11:09 AM
it makes more sense than kicking it off the opposing centre forwards back and into your own net, but there you go it's all about opinions i suppose. :yawn:You're absolutely right of course...Great point :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2009, 11:23 AM
You're absolutely right of course...Great point :rolleyes:

He is right and it was a terrific point..

Well noticed :agree:

The only sensible thing you have posted in this whole thread :top marks

Vault Boy
31-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Yep stack had a strong enough game, no way he could stop the goal and made one or two good saves. Didn't have much to do but looked solid. :agree:

rightwinger
31-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Too early to tell IMO.

Stack was competent enough but seemed really timid from cross-balls.

He couldn't really be blamed for the goal, though, and made some good saves at the end.

Maka is a bit error-prone and looks a bit unganely at times, but he's not half as shaky as some make out. Dodgy Hibs keepers is a popular story in the press and something we're very sensitive about but Maka can be a very good performer for us - potentially a lot better than Stack.

An error's an error, and only Boruc gets the attention Maka does in the SPL. He's generally commanding at crosses and, with the lack of height throughout our team, is an asset to us. We know he has bad games, but he's also kept a good number of clean sheets against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers in his time with us. Bad goalkeepers dont keep 7 clean sheets against the OF and Hearts in 1 and a half seasons.

I'm happy for Stack to get a chance, but he'll have to build on his performance yesterday to improve our team.

TheBall'sRound
31-08-2009, 01:43 PM
re: Maka's kicking - The little chippy, back spin affairs that he likes to flick up to the half way line are a centre-half's dream. "Come and attack me and wipe out Colin Nish while you're at it!" they scream as they float in the air, far above the sea-gulls and the top of the main stand.

And lo, it came to pass that not only did the aforementioned centre half launch a powerful header through our defensive line, creating a moment of extreme panic in our less than self-confident defensive quartet, a voice was heard to say "You know, he can kick it a lot better than that if he wants to?"

So it is written, so it shall be

Hank Schrader
31-08-2009, 01:48 PM
You're absolutely right of course...Great point :rolleyes:

I can't beleive your pro Maka drivel has extended to 3 pages long:blah:

He is right and it was a terrific point..

Well noticed :agree:

The only sensible thing you have posted in this whole thread :top marks

:top marks

Hibs Spain
31-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I can't beleive your pro Maka drivel has extended to 3 pages long:blah:

:top marksIt would appear that I'm not alone in being pro Maka:confused:And can't see the logic of the poster a couple back saying he's happy with Stack getting his chance.I presume he means he's had his chance as from what he says there's no reason for Maka to be dropped?

Hibs90
31-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I prefer Maka to be honest, although Stack looked good yesterday.