PDA

View Full Version : Question Your view of today's performance (vs. Celtic)

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 04:41 PM
This poll is in response to some other threads where it was felt by some that there was too much 'negativity' in some posts.

So if you vote on this poll then we will see with some degree of accuracy what the overall opinion is. I hope.

Sean1875
30-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Mixed bag. Some good performances some bad ones.

Should have made our man advantage count more though.

Meh.

The_Todd
30-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Overall, our performance was good enough to beat 9 out of the other 11 SPL sides, and almost good enough to gain at least a draw.

It was good to see the last 5 minutes spent camped in RaSellick's half, with only the occasional hoof reaching our end. It was also good to see us doing what Rantic do when they're 1-0 down with no time left - battering the opposition, and but for poor finishing would have worked.

If we were a bit sharper in front of goal today that would never have been a defeat.

To sum up, that Celtic team will destroy most SPL teams this season despite their flaws at the back, and we in turn will win plenty ourselves.

I'm a "happy clapper".

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Overall, our performance was good enough to beat 9 out of the other 11 SPL sides, and almost good enough to gain at least a draw.

It was good to see the last 5 minutes spent camped in RaSellick's half, with only the occasional hoof reaching our end. It was also good to see us doing what Rantic do when they're 1-0 down with no time left - battering the opposition, and but for poor finishing would have worked.

If we were a bit sharper in front of goal today that would never have been a defeat.

To sum up, that Celtic team will destroy most SPL teams this season despite their flaws at the back, and we in turn will win plenty ourselves.

I'm a "happy clapper".

:top marks I agree with everything, bar the last 4 words.:wink:

ahibby
30-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Meeh from me. I thought the youngsters did very well considering they were up against Celtic. I usually have a moan at playing too many under 21s against the top teams but I thought that Hanlon, Wotherspoon and McCormack all contributed at least as much as the senior players. I forgot to mention Byrne who added to our youngsters on display today,

RIP
30-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Considering the individual strengths of the Celtic players and the fact that most of their guys played together last season we should be very proud of that performance.

We are 3 games into the season with a radically changed squad under a new management team. We were unlucky not to get a point against the best team in the league.

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 06:28 PM
We are a different side playing a different system and will improve greatly as the season goes on.

fife hfc
30-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Considering the individual strengths of the Celtic players and the fact that most of their guys played together last season we should be very proud of that performance.

We are 3 games into the season with a radically changed squad under a new management team. We were unlucky not to get a point against the best team in the league.

:top marks

A bit of bad luck, great saves and poor finishing denied us a deserved share of the spoils. celtic look a far better side than under Strachan and I felt we gave as good as we got in the second half. Yes we have certain problems but Yogi has already said this and it doesn't rectify its self overnight.

I look for improvement and it is far more enjoyable watching todays performance than the turgid 0-0 draw at the end of last season (which had its merits at the time). We are looking better and with Murray and a fitter Zemmama and hopefully a couple of further signings, we are looking like a much improved side.

wazoo1875
30-08-2009, 06:37 PM

I'm a "happy clapper".
Agreed mate , i think with just a little bit more quality in there we will be a very good team . Stokes needs another couple of games to get match sharp , thought he was poor in the first half . Wotherspoon looks like a great prospect and Murray has still to come back . Overall i was quite happy today and barring a very , very good save by Borat and a close thing with the freekick we could easily have had the 3 points . You could see at the end what it meant to the Celtic players and fans to win and the response from our fans at the end showed how good a game it was . I was well entertained today and that is something i have not been able to say too often in the last eighteen months .
Mon the Hibs

Action Jackson
30-08-2009, 06:37 PM
We played alright in spells, but I feel that our passing game let us down at times throughout the game.

Overall, it was a decent performance.

:wink:

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 06:42 PM
very much work in progress with I think good attitude shown throughout the team. I don't believe we have our best 11 out playing yet but I am sure the management team will have the best idea as to whats needed. We were really bad last year and we ended up with a lot of players who were not just good enough. Stokes is still getting the benifit of the doubt and to be fair I rekon he was out on his feet today because of so little match fitness. Deeks looks hungry again and If we do loose Bamba before the window closes I am sure he will be replaced OK. At his rate of bookings we would have him for so few games.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Not a doom and gloom merchant and certainly not a panic merchant [BUT], bits of today I didn't like. The main one perhaps is that after McCheaty went off, WE looked like the team that were protecting the score, and that ain't on. Secondly, instruction can come from off the park, but where was the leadership on it? Why have a frantic last five minutes when we needed to up our game the second that McSkiddy hit the showers. Too often we won the ball with all our players behind it. We also allowed both the Sellick full backs to play as wingers...and for Fox sake..is it not obvious that this boy can cross the ball and take corners? This was our first real test today but we came up kinda short. But when I renewed it was with the understanding this is a marathon,not a sprint.