PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Shown up to be the complete prick that he is today. Maybe now the love-in that still exists with many Hibs fans will finally end. Good to see Zouma wasn't intimidated by the wee tit and stood his ground.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 03:53 PM
How did he show himself to be a prick?

I thought he had a decent game.

Zoomer was pish.

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 03:54 PM
What did he do?:confused:

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Brown's what he always was a good hard player.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Tried to wind up Zouma infront of the East. Blowing kisses, squaring up to him, grabbing his privates, moaning to ref to try to get him booked etc. Just the usual Scott Brown pash!

I thought he was the best player on the park first half but second half he was too concerned with trying to be the hard man.

Looks like I was wrong, the love-in continues!

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Tried to wind up Zouma infront of the East. Blowing kisses, squaring up to him, grabbing his privates, moaning to ref to try to get him booked etc. Just the usual Scott Brown pash!

I thought he was the best player on the park first half but second half he was too concerned with trying to be the hard man.

Or maybe we just didn't spot those incidents!

TheBall'sRound
30-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Personally I thought that Brown and Boruc were the only differences Celtic had today. Can't remember him giving away the ball at any time. Too good for that unwashed mob.

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 04:00 PM

What I can't stand is fans that thought he was the dogs bollocks when he was at ER and now Satan incarnate.

CB_NO3
30-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Shown up to be the complete prick that he is today. Maybe now the love-in that still exists with many Hibs fans will finally end. Good to see Zouma wasn't intimidated by the wee tit and stood his ground.
I agree with you Frazerbob, Brown is a wee pr*ck, am glad Zemmama stood upto him, and as you say whats with the wee love affair that Hibs fans have with him. Dont get me wrong he was a quality player for us, but he plays for them now and he is a wind up merchant and an ugly get at the same time.

J-C
30-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Are you all forgetting that Brown, although a very good player when at ER was also a dirty wee bassa who got into quite a lot of oither with refs during his tenure. Nothing's changed apart from the strip he's wearing now.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 04:06 PM
What I can't stand is fans that thought he was the dogs bollocks when he was at ER and now Satan incarnate.

What about fans who thought he was a very good player but behaved like a disrespectful fanny when engineering his move and now don't appreciate his aggressive and petulant ways when trying to play the big man and intimidate current Hibs players?

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 04:12 PM
What about fans who thought he was a very good player but behaved like a disrespectful fanny when engineering his move and now don't appreciate his aggressive and petulant ways when trying to play the big man and intimidate current Hibs players?

No he didn't,

That was Kevin Thomson.

Brown withdrew his transfer request, which he was entitled to make, and played solidly for us until his last game.

There is no love in. Just some reason and reality.

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 04:14 PM
No he didn't,

That was Kevin Thomson.

Brown withdrew his transfer request, which he was entitled to make, and played solidly for us until his last game.

:agree:

I personally don't have a problem with Brown although I can see how others might.

We all loved it when he was blowing kisses to Hartley etc, it's a bit hypocritial to bitch about him doing to our players now imo.

Shrekko
30-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Still think its highly debatable how Brown behaved when he was wanting away but totally agree that he has not changed in the slightest since he left. I was a fan of him as a player but not so much his charachter.

heretoday
30-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I happen to think Brown is overrated as a player but he's not a bad chappie.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 04:22 PM
No he didn't,

That was Kevin Thomson.

Brown withdrew his transfer request, which he was entitle to make, and played solidly for us until his last game.

Do you honestly believe that to be the case? I know it's been done to death on here but do you not think that maybe Brown was told that he would not get his move until the end of the season then it would happen so the transfer request was withdrawn so that he wouldn't get the same treatment Caldwell got? Do you honestly beleive all the stories in the press with KT's name against it but that all included Brown's prediciment in them were not the work of Brown, KT, their slimey agent and their wee pal at the Record? It was a nice, cosy team effort IMO.

I also happen to be of the opinion that Brown was one of the main players in the whole "player revolt" debacle which happened to preceed the transfer request. I know it was easy to blame the wee ginger Jambo but I believe that blame was mis-placed.

I think he's a great player and commented at half time that he was the one real talent in the Celtc team during the 1st half but that doesn't make him exempt from criticism.

bigstu
30-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I quite like Scott Brown :agree:

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Scott Brown can GTF, he's a wee prick, always has been. F*** him.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Do you honestly believe that to be the case?

Are you suggesting I'm dishonest?

Do you think I'm a liar? :confused:

JoeT
30-08-2009, 04:50 PM
No he didn't,

That was Kevin Thomson.

Yip, there is a love in! He's gone - we got good money - he's now one of them...manky mob the lot of them

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Are you suggesting I'm dishonest?

Do you think I'm a liar? :confused:

FFS! Since I dont know you I have no idea if you are a liar but I if you beleive Brown acted in a decent manor and did not disrespect the club or us fans then I think you are at the very least sadly mistaken or dare I say it, kidding yourself. I've stated my case why I don't like Brown, if you think I'm taking rubbish then that's fair enough but please show me where rather than getting all arsey with me.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Yip, there is a love in! He's gone - we got good money - he's now one of them...manky mob the lot of them

Ah well, you're missing out. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 04:55 PM
FFS! Since I dont know you I have no idea if you are a liar but I if you beleive Brown acted in a decent manor and did not disrespect the club or us fans then I think you are at the very least sadly mistaken or dare I say it, kidding yourself. I've stated my case why I don't like Brown, if you think I'm taking rubbish then that's fair enough but please show me where rather than getting all arsey with me.

I'm discussing the subject at hand.

You're calling me sadly mistaken, dishonest and now arsey.

I haven't called your personality or character into question at all.

Who's getting arsey?

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm discussing the subject at hand.

You're calling me sadly mistaken, dishonest and now arsey.

I haven't called your personality or character into question at all.

Who's getting arsey?

Please show me where I called you dishonest? I think you are being a tad over sensitive. You did not respond to any of my opinions in my pervious post and I'm sorry to say, your last reply was arsey IMO.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Please show me where I called you dishonest? I think you are being a tad over sensitive. You did not respond to any of my opinions in my pervious post and I'm sorry to say, your last reply was arsey IMO.

Quite clearly doubting my honesty.

WTF does arsey mean anyway?

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Quite clearly doubting my honesty.

WTF does arsey mean anyway?

Forget it mate. I really canny be bothered with a petty arguement with you. I think Brown is a prick, you don't. I think he was out of order the way he manufactured his move from us, you don't. I think he behaved like a tit today, you don't. Fair doos, I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Forget it mate. I really canny be bothered with a petty arguement with you. I think Brown is a prick, you don't. I think he was out of order the way he manufactured his move from us, you don't. I think he behaved like a tit today, you don't. Fair doos, I'm not going to lose any sleep.

:faf:

:thumbsup:

hibee62
30-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Are you all forgetting that Brown, although a very good player when at ER was also a dirty wee bassa who got into quite a lot of oither with refs during his tenure. Nothing's changed apart from the strip he's wearing now.

And the fact that the refs aren't as desperate to book him as they were when he played for us.

Exactly the same player now as he was then, great to have him in your team but a bloody annoyance when he's against you.

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 05:18 PM

What bit of professional footballers being in it for the money don't you understand?The club would have had a collective seizure if they hadn't been able to sell him.He gave 100% for that season and got a league cup medal and now he's the same annoying geezer that he always was.Seems fair enough to me.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 05:20 PM
What bit of professional footballers being in it for the money don't you understand?The club would have had a collective seizure if they hadn't been able to sell him.He gave 100% for that season and got a league cup medal and now he's the same annoying geezer that he always was.Seems fair enough to me.

There are ways of going about things though. What's your opinion of Kevin Thomson?

sadtom
30-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Brown always put in a shift for us, even if he wan't having the best of games.
He got us our record (by far) transfer fee.
He left a sizable chunk of his fee for our youth development that he DIDN'T HAVE TOO.
He has never said anything disrespectful to Hibs fans or about Hibs as a club.
He never claimed to be a Hibs fan.

Granted he was not blameless in JC gate or the handing in of a t'fer request (at least he had the guts to do it and not bitching through his bum chum in the press.)

To say his behaviour compares to kt's is total and utter, absolute *****ing bullsheet.

FFS! kt was PAIDto undermine the club, the manager and the fans while he was CAPTAIN of the club he claimed to support. He left nothing but insults and a bad smell.
Lumping the 2 together is not comparing apples with apples. Its comparing apples to an olympic sized swimmings pool's worth of skitters.

I like broony, i think he is an exciting dynamic player and i'd have him back in a flash. If that constitutes a love in then so be it.

n.b. I'll always be grateful to Mowbray for what he did for the club but was disappointed in his behaviour today. It still wont stop me for thanking him for his previous imput.
When any of our previous employees are up against us they are the enemy, whether i or anyone else finds them likeable or loathsome is irrelevant and for the periods of time inbetween playing against us.

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 06:07 PM
There are ways of going about things though. What's your opinion of Kevin Thomson?

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 06:14 PM
What's that got to do with the price of fish?

I'm just curious if your understanding streches to him as well.

sadtom
30-08-2009, 06:16 PM

I answered your post about kt. You dont seem to want to comment on that though.

Brizo
30-08-2009, 06:21 PM

Which is exactly the same type of "patter" we used to think was barry when he did it week week in week out when he was at Hibs.:devil:

Just goes to show how things we view as acceptable when a players doing them in our strip become unacceptable when they do them in someone elses strip :duck:

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 06:21 PM

Nothing stretches as far as him in a thread about Brown.

However,players give quotes to the papers via their agent for the money.Kevin Thomson is an excellent player who will eventually captain Scotland.I couldnt give a flying f*** about what he says about Hibs-it's of no interest and I gave up reading the comics when the Wizard dropped the wonderful Wilson(one for the very oldies):greengrin

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Think you're getting your quotes confused old bean.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 06:24 PM

Give me a chance!

I can't argue with the transfer fee etc but I do disagree about not lumping them together. They were very much in cahoots throughout the whole sorry affair. As I said earlier, it is my opinion that he only withdrew his transfer request after being told he would be sold at the end of the season. It benefited both parties to publicly withdraw it. It is also my beleif that SB, KT, McKay and Jackson worked very closely together to undermine Hibs and get the players their moves to Rantic. All of this happening a matter of months into their contracts IIRC.

With regards the money left to the youth developement, I have not seen any documented evidence of this and definately haven't seen wether or not he contractualy obliged to make the "donation". would genuinely like to hear mpre about this. I seem to remember the same story aboy Gary O'Connor which was rubished by his agent.

Killiehibbie
30-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Brown is a good player but having watched Arsenal against them the other night i think he would find out he's far from a great player if he moved to play in EPL. He's the kind of player if you were playing against you'd really want to put him into row Z.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Nothing stretches as far as him in a thread about Brown.

However,players give quotes to the papers via their agent for the money.Kevin Thomson is an excellent player who will eventually captain Scotland.I couldnt give a flying f*** about what he says about Hibs-it's of no interest and I gave up reading the comics when the Wizard dropped the wonderful Wilson(one for the very oldies):greengrin

More power to you mate. I'm afraid it still irks me (and I don't think I'm the only one going by the reception he's had on the few times he's played at ER since).

sadtom
30-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Think you're getting your quotes confused old bean.

I did indeed. It was meant for Frazerbobs post bringing kt into the arguement.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 06:29 PM
What's happening to the quotes? I'm arguing with myself now! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Give me a chance!

I can't argue with the transfer fee etc but I do disagree about not lumping them together. They were very much in cahoots throughout the whole sorry affair. As I said earlier, it is my opinion that he only withdrew his transfer request after being told he would be sold at the end of the season. It benefited both parties to publicly withdraw it. It is also my beleif that SB, KT, McKay and Jackson worked very closely together to undermine Hibs and get the players their moves to Rantic. All of this happening a matter of months into their contracts IIRC.

With regards the money left to the youth developement, I have not seen any documented evidence of this and definately haven't seen wether or not he contractualy obliged to make the "donation". would genuinely like to hear mpre about this. I seem to remember the same story aboy Gary O'Connor which was rubished by his agent.

Remember though, they were both supposed to be signing for Rangers.

Brown came back to the fold and we eventually got big money for him from Celtic.

The two players shouldn't be lumped together.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Remember though, they were both supposed to be signing for Rangers.

Brown came back to the fold and we eventually got big money for him from Celtic.

The two players shouldn't be lumped together.

Did he not have the chance to go to Rangers?

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Did he not have the chance to go to Rangers?

(I have no idea what's going on with the quotes.)

I think Rangers wanted him, but didn't make a bid because Hibs said he wasn't for sale.

Brown accepted that and got on with it.

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Do you honestly believe that to be the case? I know it's been done to death on here but do you not think that maybe Brown was told that he would not get his move until the end of the season then it would happen so the transfer request was withdrawn so that he wouldn't get the same treatment Caldwell got? Do you honestly beleive all the stories in the press with KT's name against it but that all included Brown's prediciment in them were not the work of Brown, KT, their slimey agent and their wee pal at the Record? It was a nice, cosy team effort IMO.

I also happen to be of the opinion that Brown was one of the main players in the whole "player revolt" debacle which happened to preceed the transfer request. I know it was easy to blame the wee ginger Jambo but I believe that blame was mis-placed.

I think he's a great player and commented at half time that he was the one real talent in the Celtc team during the 1st half but that doesn't make him exempt from criticism.

He was because JC dicked him at press ups and knocked his nose out of joint...:faf::faf::faf:

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 06:40 PM
(I have no idea what's going on with the quotes.)

I think Rangers wanted him, but didn't make a bid because Hibs said he wasn't for sale.

Brown accepted that and got on with it.

Or maybe RP knew he'd still get good money in the summer and took the gamble. I think that it was all a bit of a compramise to show a bit of support to JC and avoid an ongoing stouchie with the players and their agent which was doing the club no good at all. As it turned out Rangers didn't come up with the cash, Celtc did. Just speculating obviously but I was under the impression that Celtc simply out bid their cousins when it came to the crunch. Well played RP IMO.

sadtom
30-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Give me a chance!

Sorry mate but thats a load of garbage. Brown was not PAID by anti Hibs forces to undermine us, nor was he a so called fan, nor did he bad mouth us. He was guilty as was kt of trying to increase his wages several fold.

Brown, Murphy and Fletcher all left money for youth development and they were ALL publicly thanked by the board at the time. No players have any clauses in their contracts about being obliged to leave any of their fee to youth development. Its a stupid proposition, when they signed a contract did it state 'you can have 5% of your fee or 10% if you give half back to youth development'!!! Its completely pointless and the proof is how come it didn't apply to kt? He signed a similar contrat at the same time as Broon.
There are are some on here who are coming across as ungrateful erchies who instead of thanking the players for doing something decent are trying to belittle it.

Frazerbob
30-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Sorry mate but thats a load of garbage. Brown was not PAID by anti Hibs forces to undermine us, nor was he a so called fan, nor did he bad mouth us. He was guilty as was kt of trying to increase his wages several fold.

I never said he was paid to undermine us. The 4 of them did what they did for personal gain though. As I said earlier, I have no problem with players wanting to progress but I think there are ways to go about things. I have never mentioned him being a fan or not. That is totally irrelevent, look at Riordan and Murray. I have more respect for Caldwell who was open about his pre-contract but seems to still be public enemy number one.

Brown, Murphy and Fletcher all left money for youth development and they were ALL publicly thanked by the board at the time. No players have any clauses in their contracts about being obliged to leave any of their fee to youth development. Its a stupid proposition, when they signed a contract did it state 'you can have 5% of your fee or 10% if you give half back to youth development'!!! Its completely pointless and the proof is how come it didn't apply to kt? He signed a similar contrat at the same time as Broon.
There are are some on here who are coming across as ungrateful erchies who instead of thanking the players for doing something decent are trying to belittle it.

I genuinely can't recall seeing anything official about Scott Brown's paymet to the youth developement. I may have simply missed it but have just had a quick search and can't see anything. If he did, then good on him. How much was it?

sadtom
30-08-2009, 07:12 PM
I genuinely can't recall seeing anything official about Scott Brown's paymet to the youth developement. I may have simply missed it but have just had a quick search and can't see anything. If he did, then good on him. How much was it?

IIRC they didn't state a figure but that it was half his sign on fee. Going on average (10%) sign on that would mean he left 200k or thereby to the club.

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 07:43 PM
players tend to get hated if they leave a club. Brown maybe went a little early but it was his choice and his career. Hibs got back alot from him. He was always a bit of a thug with talent so I always say good luck to him. He has however in my view not got much better in the last 2 years. I used to think he was like Daniele Di Rossi of Roma but the latter is a much better player hard and very skillful. Scotty would do well to go down south !

lEXO
30-08-2009, 09:18 PM

I personally don't have a problem with Brown although I can see how others might.

We all loved it when he was blowing kisses to Hartley etc, it's a bit hypocritial to bitch about him doing to our players now imo.
To ****ing fright man.Does,nt play for us any more,but does,nt stop me admiring a guy who is the up ther with the best players i,ve seen at ER over 30 odd years.The guy is a winner and apart from him playing against us i love to watch him.He strolled it today

One Day Soon
30-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm in agreement with Mr Radge.

And the idea of Scott Brown orchestrating anything or being a willing member of someone else's gang whether in relation to media campaigns or player revolts is hilarious. Anyone who either knows Scott Brown or knows much about him is aware that he is a very straight guy. When he is on the pitch he is the same article in any team's strip - competitive, uncompromising, determined and horrible to play against if he's not in your team.

What would you expect him to do when he plays against us? Somehow 'go lighter' because he used to play for us?

It was a priviledge to watch a player that good in a Hibs strip. If he conspired in anything, he conspired to help us get a very healthy transfer fee for the club that made him. KT on the other hand behaved like a greeting bairn.

In fact unless my memory is playing tricks I vaguely remember him doing his best to help us shove it up Celtic in one of his last games before moving on.

Big_D
30-08-2009, 09:52 PM
In fact unless my memory is playing tricks I vaguely remember him doing his best to help us shove it up Celtic in one of his last games before moving on.

Think it was his last game , scored a diving header i think.
Don't think he's good enough for a top premiership club though

Jamesie
30-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Brown is simply a loud mouth ned in my opinion. The way he was ranting at Zouma was totally uncalled for and in the end Scott MacDonald had to tell him to keep the head. Would hate to think of the things he was saying to the wee man but certainly Zouma stood his ground.

Hibs Soldier
30-08-2009, 10:11 PM
To me he is the best player have ever produced and is better than Celtic.

Hope he gets a move to EPL soon, wouldn't look out of place in any the teams in the EPL.

Toaods
30-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Brown is simply a loud mouth ned in my opinion. The way he was ranting at Zouma was totally uncalled for and in the end Scott MacDonald had to tell him to keep the head. Would hate to think of the things he was saying to the wee man but certainly Zouma stood his ground.

:agree:...let's face it, Scott Brown is known to be a bit dim so I would doubt he'll have the brains to noise Zouma up much. a couple of scandalous comments which would have had the effect of water off a ducks back.

Anyone who believes Scott Brown was not a part in 'engineering' his transfer away from Hibs should take the blinkers off.

I remember quite clearly hearing his montone voice on BBC Radio Scotland when he tried to convince everyone he had reluctantly handed in a transfer request. It was a staged as a New York musical.

I also clearly recall numerous discussions and posts on teh fact that he was merely going through the motions for us laterly, although he did indeed surprise all and sundry with a whole-hearted performance against Celtic in his final game.

as others have commented, a large fee was agreed for his transfer and with that we owe him nothing and thats as much as he gets from me.

Zondervan
30-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Who cares about Scott Brown.

Tony Mowbray is a c***t. Huddles at the end of the game. Sticking up for a diving little traitor. Didn't take him long to revert to being a Weegie prick did it?

Scott Brown is an angel comapred with Mowbray.

Think Alex McLeish, then think Mowbray. They are both a couple of weegie-fawning *****.

New Corrie
30-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Well given that I am probably the biggest Celtic hater on the net, I still will never bring myself to malign Scott Brown...he's a great wee guy, a fantastic player and he owes us nothing!

Billychaotic182
30-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Still and always will like Scott Brown

Him and Zouma are mates mind

Shrekko
30-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Still and always will like Scott Brown

Him and Zouma are mates mind

Not very nice running to the ref to try and get your 'mate' booked for an incident that took place a minute earlier and then going across to try and noise him up.

I've also got to agree with Toaods that a lot of Broonys performances between his transfer request and the League Cup Final were less than wholehearted.

He did finish the season well though and did give us a lot of great memories during his Hibs career :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Scott Brown is a numpty, a Celtic player who could not wait to get along M8 to "Paradise".....

Once they leave Hibs, they become persona non grata in my eyes........

Hibercelona
31-08-2009, 12:18 AM
He was once our pr**k.... now he's theirs.

I have no real judgement about him to be honest.

He done what he was good at for us... now he's doing it for them.

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 12:22 AM
I still and will remain to lump SB and KT together, KT got his column as he could string 2 words together with a touch more ability than SB, of course that is if he even wrote in it, however his name was on it so he gets blame just like the garbage that came out Mr McKays mouth whom represented the 2 clowns.

He took them in with 1 thing in mind to get them out of ER asap, the players IMo did not care how that was done once they were given the figures Mckay could get them in wages, Mr Mckay for a few weeks bleated utter garbage that the lads wanted to stay as long as they were paid what they were worth, an act of shocking patronisation that the 2 players let continue.

IMO the only reason that SB didnt get a move as quick as he desired was down to Petrie getting sick of McKay and coming to some sort of agreement that he could go in summer. Why SB should be given credit for getting on with it is surprising, he signed a deal to play for Hibs for that season and beyond so he should be doing that anyway.

The agent did all the mixing and the silence from the players was deafining they knew exacty what they were doing and IMO showed us the good fans whom supported them zero respect.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Well given that I am probably the biggest Celtic hater on the net, I still will never bring myself to malign Scott Brown...he's a great wee guy, a fantastic player and he owes us nothing!

With you on this one CG. Feel exactly the same way about Mowbray and Whittaker, not about Caldwell and Thomson. All you can ask in the modern game is that you treat the stepping point you came from with a dodicum of class and dignity. When football aligiences, political views, journo soundbite cliches, fashion, differ, and in some cases shift swither, it remains the only true test.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Can see both sides of the coin here, but IMO he is a great player, and will be the best Scotland player of my time from what I can see at the moment. He's second to none in the SPL, and will get his big move down south for big money - deservedly so.

He wanted his move away from Hibs because Hibs were too small a club for him and he had big ambitions - so would YOU if you had his talents, Hibby, Jambo, whatever.

I'm just glad that I got to see him play in a Hibs jersey and I'm still glad, much like John Hughes said about McGeady, that we still get to see him play in the SPL. He showed our midfield how the game should be played today and it was a pleasure to watch him do it - Celtic player or not. I just hope Wotherspoon can do the same, if not go further.

IMHO...of course.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Can see both sides of the coin here, but IMO he is a great player, and will be the best Scotland player of my time from what I can see at the moment. He's second to none in the SPL, and will get his big move down south for big money - deservedly so.

He wanted his move away from Hibs because Hibs were too small a club for him and he had big ambitions - so would YOU if you had his talents, Hibby, Jambo, whatever.

I'm just glad that I got to see him play in a Hibs jersey and I'm still glad, much like John Hughes said about McGeady, that we still get to see him play in the SPL. He showed our midfield how the game should be played today and it was a pleasure to watch him do it - Celtic player or not. I just hope Wotherspoon can do the same, if not go further.

IMHO...of course.

I think Wotherspoon (does anybody actually know his first name?) seems to have the savvy that the SPL is very good league to get out off. He's EPL bound if he continues to progress, not in this one-horse town.

I foresee an SPL future down the line where the OF still dominate the game domestically but it'll mean more to them and there be a bit of a financial meltdown where they stop buying and start to bring players through. It'll be heralded as the death of football but in fifteen years time there might be a Scottish national team worth opening the curtains to watch.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2009, 12:53 AM
I think Wotherspoon (does anybody actually know his first name?) seems to have the savvy that the SPL is very good league to get out off. He's EPL bound if he continues to progress, not in this one-horse town.

I foresee an SPL future down the line where the OF still dominate the game domestically but it'll mean more to them and there be a bit of a financial meltdown where they stop buying and start to bring players through. It'll be heralded as the death of football but in fifteen years time there might be a Scottish national team worth opening the curtains to watch.

David...

And we signed him from Celtic, our youth feeder club.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 12:55 AM
David...

And we signed him from Celtic, our youth feeder club.

Liked him best as simply "Wotherspoon" without all that pretentious embellishment.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Liked him best as simply "Wotherspoon" without all that pretentious embellishment.

You mean his forename? :greengrin

Steve20
31-08-2009, 06:41 AM
No he didn't,

That was Kevin Thomson.

Yeah, there does seem to be a love in where Scott Brown is concerned.

There was no need to hand in a transfer request right after a match. Brown is no better than Thomson.

Steve-O
31-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Brown is a t0sser.

From the moment he handed in that transfer request, he played *****e in my opinion, and people only seem to think he didn't because he scored in his last game and that's their abiding memory.

Arrogant little fud.

Luna_Asylum
31-08-2009, 08:29 AM
He left a sizable chunk of his fee for our youth development that he DIDN'T HAVE TOO.

Granted he was not blameless in JC gate or the handing in of a t'fer request (at least he had the guts to do it and not bitching through his bum chum in the press.)

To say his behaviour compares to kt's is total and utter, absolute *****ing bullsheet.

FFS! kt was PAIDto undermine the club, the manager and the fans while he was CAPTAIN of the club he claimed to support. He left nothing but insults and a bad smell.
Lumping the 2 together is not comparing apples with apples. Its comparing apples to an olympic sized swimmings pool's worth of skitters.

I like broony, i think he is an exciting dynamic player and i'd have him back in a flash. If that constitutes a love in then so be it.

n.b. I'll always be grateful to Mowbray for what he did for the club but was disappointed in his behaviour today. It still wont stop me for thanking him for his previous imput.
When any of our previous employees are up against us they are the enemy, whether i or anyone else finds them likeable or loathsome is irrelevant and for the periods of time inbetween playing against us.

All the players who have been sold have done the same. It's in their contracts and therefor I think he did have to . I am fairly sure its some kind of tax dodge dreamed up by Petrie.

The OP was correct in that Brown behaved like an arse to Zemmama. There was no need for it.

GreenOnions
31-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I like Scott Brown. Great player and great attitude. Could play at a higher level than Celtic too.

I think that Scott's talents are on the football pitch tho and would imagine he is one of those guys who definitely needs others to organise his personal affairs for him. I'm sure he wanted to move from Hibs when he did but regarding the protocols and the handing in and withdrawing of transfer requests etc I'd imagine that these actions were all taken "under advice".

Much as I like Thomson as a player he allowed a tabloid journalist to rubbish the club in his name in public while he was club captain :grr: That, IMHO, is significantly different to Broony's situation.

JimBHibees
31-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Brown was as much to do with stirring up with his twin IMO however when he didnt get his move in January knew he was getting a move in the summer and played well enough to the end of the season. Can well remember him coming out with a crock about Hibs fans threatening him in the street to stir it up.

J-C
31-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Brown was one of the main characters in the player revolt because JC humiliated him and KT, handed in then took back his transfer request when RP told him he'd go in the summer for a bigger fee than KT.

Kt was causing a lot of trouble and they wanted shot of him asap, so took less than his real value.

Remember both players had just signed a contract extention making then players for the next 5 years, which made the whole episode disgusting.

Brown alwyas has and will be a dirty wee get on the park, also with a lot of talent. He is now Celtic's wee dirty get, so please stop the love in with him, he's gone, get over it.

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I like Scott Brown. Great player and great attitude. Could play at a higher level than Celtic too.

I think that Scott's talents are on the football pitch tho and would imagine he is one of those guys who definitely needs others to organise his personal affairs for him. I'm sure he wanted to move from Hibs when he did but regarding the protocols and the handing in and withdrawing of transfer requests etc I'd imagine that these actions were all taken "under advice".

Much as I like Thomson as a player he allowed a tabloid journalist to rubbish the club in his name in public while he was club captain :grr: That, IMHO, is significantly different to Broony's situation.

KT indeed was far more vocal however the first few weeks after McKay was hired saw the full level all parties went too. The remit was to make Hibs look bad along with Petrie and all 3 would have been involved, I would say that Mckay engineered all of it but the players would have to agree.

They Used KTs column to its fullist if SB had a column I would have expected the same stuff, early on they made it out Hibs had got them on a long term low wage like it was Hibs fault and not the players whom signed it at there own will, they then tried to make out that we should be paying them the wages of players of their value, this didnt seem to be working so on national Radio Mr Mckay was telling us how hard Rod was to deal with and how the players actually wanted to stay but be paid what they were worth and that Mckay himself wanted them to stay but Rod didnt want to spaek to him, I think that was utter nonsense and yet again made it look like Hibs were at fault. Mckay SB and KT knew full well we could not match wages elsewere so this was patronising rubbish.

At some point RP and JC must have talked to try and end this mess and decided that KT should go and we could keep SB. IMO both players along with there agent were willing to make out Hibs were doing them wrong, all Hibs did was offer these guys a contract that they signed and the chance to play, that was there fault if not happy 6months later.

For me both players were bang out of order for all they did in those weeks before transfer window KT was without doubt the worst offender but SB was not much better. It did not need to go to those lengths.

Yes KT did allow a journalist to try and rubbish our club, both players though allowed McKay to try and do the same by rubbishing our Club through talk of wages, Petrie and how we conducted our business which as far as the 2 players were concerned when with Fisher was all good as they signed long deals.

MyJo
31-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Anybody else see Brown getting put on his erse by Cregg right behind the referee? Brown was looking up at the ref as if to say why the hell aren't you doing anything and the ref was totally oblivious to it while cregg jogged away back to his position..........It was hilarious :greengrin

Leith Green
31-08-2009, 09:40 AM
The guy swaggers about like a wee hard man, but he couldnt fight sleep..

Great player and a complet twat as well...

Big Frank
31-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Good stuff :agree:

:top marks

sadtom
31-08-2009, 02:18 PM
All the players who have been sold have done the same. It's in their contracts and therefor I think he did have to . I am fairly sure its some kind of tax dodge dreamed up by Petrie.

The OP was correct in that Brown behaved like an arse to Zemmama. There was no need for it.

Firstly, no they dont. Utter drivvel and ungratefull drivvel at that.
Secondly, no they havent, only Murphy (and he didn't come through the ranks), Brown and Fletcher.
Cant remember if they said anything about Whittaker but certainly there has never been any mention of money from any other player (except O'Connor and that was bogus) So of the top of my head, thats Ivan, kt, Jones, Deano, Deek and Martis that have left for a fee but didn't wave any of their personal fee. (this is not a criticism)

Gingertosser
31-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I was always led to believe that a transfer request automatically cancels any percentage of the transfer due to yourself.

Luna_Asylum
31-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Firstly, no they dont. Utter drivvel and ungratefull drivvel at that.
Secondly, no they havent, only Murphy (and he didn't come through the ranks), Brown and Fletcher.
Cant remember if they said anything about Whittaker but certainly there has never been any mention of money from any other player (except O'Connor and that was bogus) So of the top of my head, thats Ivan, kt, Jones, Deano, Deek and Martis that have left for a fee but didn't wave any of their personal fee. (this is not a criticism)

OK I apologise I should have said the ones who came through the ranks.

The point is the ones who have done so had no choice as it was in their contracts.

So its not drivel ungrateful or otherwise.

ancient hibee
31-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Interesting that so many posters seem to know what's in players contracts-any info on the current team?

See Brown parted company with McKay 8 months ago.

Gingertosser
31-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Is Mackay not currently banned from being an agent :confused:

sadtom
31-08-2009, 04:34 PM
OK I apologise I should have said the ones who came through the ranks.

The point is the ones who have done so had no choice as it was in their contracts.

So its not drivel ungrateful or otherwise.

No they do not. No agent would allow a player to sign an agreement that forced their client to give away half their entitlement. I'm just getting pretty sick of some people refusing to accept that these decent gestures were completely VOLUNTARY!!! And just completely making up a load of crud for reasons best known to themselves.
Anyway SB signed a contract after he was an established player as did kt. The minute you sign an new contract the old contract is defunct so please explain how this applied to sb and not kt (or Go'C, considering he was through the ranks the same a sb)?
You are either making it up or repeating someone elses fiction.

The 3 mentioned players did something nice. Unusual i know but get over it FFS!

Luna_Asylum
31-08-2009, 07:55 PM
No they do not. No agent would allow a player to sign an agreement that forced their client to give away half their entitlement. I'm just getting pretty sick of some people refusing to accept that these decent gestures were completely VOLUNTARY!!! And just completely making up a load of crud for reasons best known to themselves.
Anyway SB signed a contract after he was an established player as did kt. The minute you sign an new contract the old contract is defunct so please explain how this applied to sb and not kt (or Go'C, considering he was through the ranks the same a sb)?
You are either making it up or repeating someone elses fiction.

The 3 mentioned players did something nice. Unusual i know but get over it FFS!

ok I will try

The players and the clubs are united in one thing - tax avoidance.
A players wages whether are subject to income tax and national insurance. The club has to pay employers NI on the wages.
It is not crystal clear but an attempt can be made to have signing on fees paid and and perhaps paid to Steven Fletcher Ltd without tax and NI.
Transfer fees have VAT but signing on fees may not.
Agents fees are also in the equation. IIRC %*$mbag Willie Mackay is based in Monte Carlo for reasons of tax for him and his players.
Hibs youth setup may or may not have some charitable status which may have some tax implications.
If you really believe that Fletcher gave Hibs £125K out of the goodness of his heart I am shocked.
Of course it would give us all a nice cosy feeling but that doesn't make it true.
In summary I doubt Scott Brown would donate 50p to us

sadtom
01-09-2009, 08:50 AM
ok I will try

The players and the clubs are united in one thing - tax avoidance.
A players wages whether are subject to income tax and national insurance. The club has to pay employers NI on the wages.
It is not crystal clear but an attempt can be made to have signing on fees paid and and perhaps paid to Steven Fletcher Ltd without tax and NI.
Transfer fees have VAT but signing on fees may not.
Agents fees are also in the equation. IIRC %*$mbag Willie Mackay is based in Monte Carlo for reasons of tax for him and his players.
Hibs youth setup may or may not have some charitable status which may have some tax implications.
If you really believe that Fletcher gave Hibs £125K out of the goodness of his heart I am shocked.
Of course it would give us all a nice cosy feeling but that doesn't make it true.
In summary I doubt Scott Brown would donate 50p to us

Your making it up as you go along! Your hypothesis would only make any sort of sense if, due to the fact that it seems pretty standard that a player receives 10% of the sign on fee, that the agent negotiated that the player would get 20% if they waived half of it leaving the same outcome but allows for some tax jiggerypokery. Otherwise the agents would be selling their player short. "All my other clients get 10% but your only getting 5%." I dont think!
You didn't explain how it applied to sb and not kt or goc. Nor did you address the fact that that sb signed a contract as an estsablished player.

You then doubted their generorsity again which is IS extremely ungrateful.
Murphy Fletch and Broon all left the club money they didn't have to. Why is this so hard for you to accept.

MacBean
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM

we idolised him for doing it to one of our rivals. Now he is playing for one of rivals and doing it to one of our own... I dont see how it is hypoctrical at all if hes not playing for us, then he is no way deserving of any respect, unless he shows us it.

Hence why people don't like him... he's being an @rse to one of our players so people dont like it. any player would get the same response whether it was Scott Brown or Lee Naylor. He would still be called a w*nk etc...

I think he was an ass to Zouma on Sunday, and he deserved the chants he got for being like that to one of our own. He was a good servant to Hibs, however, he now plays for one of them, and if he shows no respect to our club in that ghastly strip then he shall recieve none.

Phil MaGlass
01-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Scott Brown may well be a numpty,but he is one of the best players to come out of ER for years, he has everything to become a world class player.Aggression,skill,vision,touch,build......, great player and I for one am f,n chuffed that he came through at Hibs,(even though he went to the great unwashed) really a player to look for in the future,he may well go onto be a Scottish great,thats how high I rate him,not the finished article but not far off. Be thankful you saw him in a Hibs jersey for a few years,skill like his was never going to stay or be held at ER.

New Corrie
01-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Scott Brown may well be a numpty,but he is one of the best players to come out of ER for years, he has everything to become a world class player.Aggression,skill,vision,touch,build......, great player and I for one am f,n chuffed that he came through at Hibs,(even though he went to the great unwashed) really a player to look for in the future,he may well go onto be a Scottish great,thats how high I rate him,not the finished article but not far off. Be thankful you saw him in a Hibs jersey for a few years,skill like his was never going to stay or be held at ER.

Hurrah! Common sense, the only bit I will dispute is the "numpty" bit. Anyone who knows Scotty (and there will be plenty on here) will tell you he's a great wee guy and will always have nothing but good to say about Hibs...

Gie the boy a break!

hibs1875aye
01-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Brown is everything noted above and his great skill (and can score a goal or two). His biggest problem, and ultimately what will stop him getting to the top, is his stupid habbit of kicking people when he shouldn't and acting like a tit when he will clearly be caught.

It was funny to start with (noising up Hartley was quality as I recall :greengrin) but nonsense aside, he needs to grow up and cut some of that crap out. He does it for Scotland too. He needs to learn when to do it and when to play football. His biggest problem is the fact he is a liability and you never know when he'll go an do something stupid and be caught for it.

That said, now he plays for celtic, like Saint Tony, Killen, Caldwell and everyone else who no longer plays for Hibs, he is the opposition. I therefore hope he does nothing footballing wise until such times as he isnt a problem to us. No love in for me!!!

Big Frank
01-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Hurrah! Common sense, the only bit I will dispute is the "numpty" bit. Anyone who knows Scotty (and there will be plenty on here) will tell you he's a great wee guy and will always have nothing but good to say about Hibs...

Gie the boy a break!

good stuff Corrielad :top marks

s.a.m
01-09-2009, 02:40 PM

I agree. He's a player that you could grow to dislike at an opposition team (and particularly one of the OF), but I'm proud of what Hibs got out of him.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Scott Brown was a horrible little scrote when he played for us, but he was our horrible little scrote. Now he plays for that shower of ***** in glasgow, he's their horrible little scrote, and we should treat him like every other twat that plays for them.