PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the negativity?

CB_NO3
30-08-2009, 03:37 PM
....negative posts, we are starting to sound like Hearts fans, expecting just to turn up and win. We played well today and were very unlucky not to get something out the game yet people are still moaning there heads off saying Hogg is rubbish, we need a right back and so on. Where do you think we are going to get the cash from to do all this. I think because we signed Stokes for a bit cash and we have been linked with Arfield and Anderson people think we have lots of cash to spare.

As for the game today, we were very unlucky, if that was any other team outside the old firm I reckon we would have scored 2 or 3 today. I know Celtic were their for the taking today but they are still a good team who will finish 20 points ahead of us this season FACT. I was pleased with the effort the players put in today and if we play with that commitment all season we will be challenging for third.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 03:37 PM
:agree:

skipster7
30-08-2009, 03:47 PM
....negative posts, we are starting to sound like Hearts fans, expecting just to turn up and win. We played well today and were very unlucky not to get something out the game yet people are still moaning there heads off saying Hogg is rubbish, we need a right back and so on. Where do you think we are going to get the cash from to do all this. I think because we signed Stokes for a bit cash and we have been linked with Arfield and Anderson people think we have lots of cash to spare.

As for the game today, we were very unlucky, if that was any other team outside the old firm I reckon we would have scored 2 or 3 today. I know Celtic were their for the taking today but they are still a good team who will finish 20 points ahead of us this season FACT. I was pleased with the effort the players put in today and if we play with that commitment all season we will be challenging for third.

i was pleased with the effort etc and we were a bit unlucky. imho we are not far of a decent team and there is nothing wrong with people saying what areas we could strengthen to get us there, as long as its not OTT.we wouldnt be hibs fans otherwise:wink:

Broken Gnome
30-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Massive overreaction from people :agree:

col02
30-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't think many people are disappointed about the game today or the performance. There are a few small things that need worked on but all in all from where we were last season to this year it is a complete breath of fresh air. Sharpness and partnerships will improve but the fundementals are most definately there for all to see surely!

hibby hib 69
30-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes we played great today and we would have beaten anybody else outside the OF today but we deserved at least a point today

down-the-slope
30-08-2009, 03:58 PM

:agree: (thank goodness for sensible post smilie) :top markssaves me responding to a lot of the tosh on here this evening

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 03:58 PM
A couple of signings before Tuesday and we'll all feel a bit better I think.

BT58
30-08-2009, 04:08 PM
never expected to beat the tic today but
but honestly in seeing game today we should have won at least a point from this game
thought mcbride was immense,,, maybe with a bit of luck and some very good goalkeeping from boruc we might have sneaked a win
hb
btw in the west upper loads of empty seats,,,,,,so no sellout

brythehibby
30-08-2009, 04:10 PM

I said that at the falkirk game, everyone just expected to win that game!! We werent too bad today, just a bit unfortunate, we had the better of the chances and on another day might have took something.

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Maybe we should do a poll after every game with three options:

1.:greengrin
2.meh
3.:grr:

At least that way we could get an idea of the overall impression on hibs.net

Maybe I'll go and do that now...

fife hfc
30-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I enjoyed the game today. Well played by both teams and it is clear to see celtic are a vastly improved side than last season. all I ask is the players give it a 100% and have a go I don't think we can expect anymore, just never got a break today.

GGTTH

--------
30-08-2009, 04:18 PM

You'd better be very careful, young man. Common sense will get you a bad name in some quarters round here.

Stack is rubbish, Stokes is the nex Alan O'Brien, Yogi's a tactical blunderer and Bamba's back to being a bombscare.

Why did we ever get rid of Mixu? Or even Jim Duffy?

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children? :rolleyes:

Sprouleflyer
30-08-2009, 04:19 PM

Very unlucky today not to come away with a point, and if we play like that most weekends we will win more than we lose, however Hogg was rubbish, gave the ball away constantly today, totally lacked any composure and Bamba does my head in sometimes, another silly booking!! They all add up and soon he will be suspended for a few games, he really needs to screw the nut!

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 04:20 PM
You'd better be very careful, young man. Common sense will get you a bad name in some quarters round here.

Stack is rubbish, Stokes is the nex Alan O'Brien, Yogi's a tactical blunderer and Bamba's back to being a bombscare.

Why did we ever get rid of Mixu? Or even Jim Duffy?

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children? :rolleyes:

I hear Rixy's still looking for a job...

Golden Bear
30-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I didn't think we played at all badly today and repeat performances will certainly ensure that we win far more games than we lose this season.

I'm still optimistic that we can finish third this year.

:flag:

--------
30-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Very unlucky today not to come away with a point, and if we play like that most weekends we will win more than we lose, however Hogg was rubbish, gave the ball away constantly today, totally lacked any composure and Bamba does my head in sometimes, another silly booking!! They all add up and soon he will be suspended for a few games, he really needs to screw the nut!

The one place I think Yogi has made a mistake is in appointing Hogg captain, since it makes it very difficult to drop him. And Hogg is far from the best back-four defender we have. He didn't impress me against either St Mirren or Falkirk, and while Maka got pelters after the Saints game, I would say that Hogg deserved criticism far more.

I hope the rumours about Darren Barr are true; he would be a very useful player to have in the defence. But if he comes, the CB pairing I'd be inclined to go for would be Barr and Murray.

But like all football supporters, we tend to want everything NOW, TODAY, and we forget that it takes time to sort things out, and a lot of time to build a decent football team.

We're moving in the right direction, I think. Rome wasn't built in a day, I'm told. :devil:

Hainan Hibs
30-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I think the negative posts are just coming from the frustration of not taking anything from a game we should have.

Lots of good points to take from the game but not to take anything is a bit of a boot tae the baws because Celtic were humpty and Lady Luck wasn't on our side.

GreenBlade
30-08-2009, 04:29 PM

I don't think people are being negative just pointing out obvious deficiencies. I imagine we're all a bit disappointed given we could all see Celtic were there for the taking. Lets not kid ourselves that Celtic are some great team who were merely unlucky against Arsenal!

I've been watching Hibs 35years and some of our play today was fantastic. I'm talking about our passing from defence to attack. However it was sporadic. If Yogi gets them playing like that for a full game we'll beat anyone. You have to admit though we really need to sort out our central defence. That's not a negative comment CB, it's an observation. Dosen't make me right but I have a right to say it surely?

We all like to sound off and indeed some of us enjoy a wee wind-up :wink: but hell, isn't that why we come on here?

For instance: I can't stand our beloved manager talking up Celtic when they've just beat us on our own back yard. Celtic are this, Celtic are that. Maybe he wants the world to think he's a great sportsman and can take defeat with good grace. Well bollocks to that Boss, your a Hibby. Hibby's hurt when we get beat by the Glasgow ****. Some of us don't go "oh Celtic are a smashing footie team and we are ever so lucky to be playing on the same pitch as them. No Boss, most of us think theyre a bunch of cheating *******s. Especially that twat Killen who tried to get Hogg sent off.

Memo to Yogi: Aiden didn't get sent off because he made a bad tackle. He was sent off because he "simulated" a german u-boat. Only someone employed in the football industry could come up with the word simulate.
Simulate this any way you want: It's feigning injury or foul play to gain an
advantage. CHEATING! (I added this following his remarks on BBC)

So CB. As you can see I've used your post to be really negative. You know what though? It felt good! So good in fact I'm off to simulate a ****!

Hibs are going in the right direction but I refuse to use the number between 2 and 4. Now that's really negative. :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
30-08-2009, 04:41 PM
I was delighted with how we played today.

It's not often that I applaud the players after a defeat but that's exactly what I did this afternoon.

On another day we could easily have scored about four or five goals and that Hibs performance would have beaten any other Scottish team today, apart from Rangers probably.

I am really excited about what we can acheive this year. I think we have a great chance of getting into Europe. In David Wotherspoon, we also have a fantastic talent on our hands and I think we will be talking about Scotland call ups in a couple of years.

I think we still need to sign one or two players before Tuesday and there's also a couple of things that we need to work on but compared with last year, this is much, much better.

I'm actually looking forward to going to Easter Road again.

DaniAndersson
30-08-2009, 04:43 PM

It's not often that I applaud the players after a defeat but that's exactly what I did this afternoon.

On another day we could easily have scored about four or five goals and that Hibs performance would have beaten any other Scottish team today, apart from Rangers probably.

I am really excited about what we can acheive this year. I think we have a great chance of getting into Europe. In David Wotherspoon, we also have a fantastic talent on our hands and I think we will be talking about Scotland call ups in a couple of years.

I think we still need to sign one or two players before Tuesday and there's also a couple of things that we need to work on but compared with last year, this is much, much better.

Couldn't agree more :agree:

chrisski33
30-08-2009, 04:58 PM
heres a positive- hearts didnt win and we are still 5 points ahead of them and their abouit to lose a manager probablly(again!)

as someone else said if it had been another team in the spl we would have won! lets hope the team play like that in every game and by time we play the of we will have improved.

think its a bit too early to be negative towards Stokes and to compare him to aob is a joke!

sahib
30-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't think people are being negative just pointing out obvious deficiencies. I imagine we're all a bit disappointed given we could all see Celtic were there for the taking. Lets not kid ourselves that Celtic are some great team who were merely unlucky against Arsenal!

I've been watching Hibs 35years and some of our play today was fantastic. I'm talking about our passing from defence to attack. However it was sporadic. If Yogi gets them playing like that for a full game we'll beat anyone. You have to admit though we really need to sort out our central defence. That's not a negative comment CB, it's an observation. Dosen't make me right but I have a right to say it surely?

We all like to sound off and indeed some of us enjoy a wee wind-up :wink: but hell, isn't that why we come on here?

For instance: I can't stand our beloved manager talking up Celtic when they've just beat us on our own back yard. Celtic are this, Celtic are that. Maybe he wants the world to think he's a great sportsman and can take defeat with good grace. Well bollocks to that Boss, your a Hibby. Hibby's hurt when we get beat by the Glasgow ****. Some of us don't go "oh Celtic are a smashing footie team and we are ever so lucky to be playing on the same pitch as them. No Boss, most of us think theyre a bunch of cheating *******s. Especially that twat Killen who tried to get Hogg sent off.

Memo to Yogi: Aiden didn't get sent off because he made a bad tackle. He was sent off because he "simulated" a german u-boat. Only someone employed in the football industry could come up with the word simulate.
Simulate this any way you want: It's feigning injury or foul play to gain an
advantage. CHEATING! (I added this following his remarks on BBC)

So CB. As you can see I've used your post to be really negative. You know what though? It felt good! So good in fact I'm off to simulate a ****!

Hibs are going in the right direction but I refuse to use the number between 2 and 4. Now that's really negative. :thumbsup:

Good post. :top marks

You are not a Jambo are you? I keep agreeing with people, who later turn out to be on the wind up and it is a bit embarrassing.

Hibs Soldier
30-08-2009, 09:27 PM

Brilliant post.

I left Easter Road today not feeling to down as i would have if Mixu was still there. Unlucky not to get a point and created alot of chances, roll on the Hamilton game.

marinello59
31-08-2009, 07:22 AM

Sums up Yogi's major achievement so far. It came close to feeling like a chore watching Mixu's team perform. The next match can't come quickly enough.

sam armstrong
31-08-2009, 07:35 AM

Good post, did anybody think we were going to become the finished article in one month. Some huge positives with Hibs this season, the most important being the improved team spirit within the club. Wotherspoon and Hanlon look to have big futures and as long as the fans show some patience the future looks bright. Some of the moaners on here seem to wait till a defeat and then blame everybody and anybody.

matty_f
31-08-2009, 07:40 AM

I'd agree with that. I fully expect Celtc to win the league this season, and we gave them a run for their money.

lapsedhibee
31-08-2009, 08:13 AM
I can't stand our beloved manager talking up Celtic when they've just beat us on our own back yard. Celtic are this, Celtic are that. Maybe he wants the world to think he's a great sportsman and can take defeat with good grace.

:agree: Yogi talks almost everything up and his enthusiasm is kinda infectious, but that was hard to hear. It bordered on the stuff that Magoo used to come out with last season after the muthas played Celtc.

MyJo
31-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Getting beat of celtic yesterday was more entertaining than 90% of last season and the smellies are bloody lucky to have escaped from easter road with all 3 points, Had wotherspoons shot gone in I firmly believe we would have gone on to win.

Massive steps made in the right direction but its more important that we're consistantly beating the bottom six teams and taking points from our challengers for third than beating the old firm who will still finish miles ahead of everyon else as usual, we've got plenty of time to start reeling them in as their lack of money bites in the coming seasons.

Absolutely no need for negativity or doom and gloom at the moment and anyone who doesn't feel good about the direction of the club under Yogi or isn't happy with the results and performances of our first 4 games or doesn't feel excited about this season is IMO wasting their time supporting Hibs and probably aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.

Now, I'm going back to tending the sore throat I got yesterday shouting at the cheats :greengrin

Keith_M
31-08-2009, 10:15 AM
As already stated, there's always some negativity after a defeat. I expect a lot of it is just down to dissapointment.

We can always see areas that can be improved but usually only point them out after we get beat.

FWIW, we don't seem to have replaced Jones yet, as we definitely struggled with crosses and corners. In saying that, some of Celtic's crossing was superb. Maybe the team was playing a bit too narrowly as they seemed to be able to get wide to put the crosses in a little to easily.

However, overall I think they played quite well. Shame Riordan's free kick hadn't been a yard nearer to the right.....

down-the-slope
31-08-2009, 11:51 AM
If you had such a disposition then reading some of the posts about yesterdays match would lead to reaching for the Gin and Razor blades :rolleyes:

So for those of us who live life with the Glass 'Half Full' this is a thread to comment on yesterdays match. :greengrin

For those who have a Glass 'Half Empty' view....plenty other Threads to contribute to . :agree:

So I will start.

Wotherspoons poise and drive at RM & behind the strikers was again a joy to watch and a carry-on from his U19 performances. Great to Hear Yogi talking about his off field attitude so positivley as well

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 11:52 AM
If you had such a disposition then reading some of the posts about yesterdays match would lead to reaching for the Gin and Razor blades :rolleyes:

So for those of us who live life with the Glass 'Half Full' this is a thread to comment on yesterdays match. :greengrin

For those who have a Glass 'Half Empty' view....plenty other Threads to contribute to . :agree:

So I will start.

Wotherspoons poise and drive at RM & behind the strikers was again a joy to watch and a carry-on from his U19 performances. Great to Hear Yogi talking about his off field attitude so positivley as well

Fair enough, but on the down side...

Expecting Rain
31-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Two steps forward, one step back.

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 11:57 AM
A big positive, IMO the OF at ER hold no fear, if we can get a team better than the rest and step up to the plate when playing OF whom we are capable of beating we have every right to push at least 1 of them all the way.

down-the-slope
31-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Fair enough, but on the down side...

:rules:

WindyMiller
31-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Two steps forward, one step back.

To be fair, I'd settle for that.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 12:02 PM
It was good seein Darren back in the team aswell. As there were some ppl posting on here that he may be gettin dropped.

and Hanlon is lookin good at left back so murray can go into CH now.

Hogg was really poor so i hope he gets dropped for a few games.

I think if this happens he will come back better. I think he has been really bad this season and some time on the bench is what he need. Plus droppin the Captin shows some player that no one is safe from the drop. Its a win win. As Hogg WILL come back better.

Golden Bear
31-08-2009, 12:02 PM
We're going to win far more games than we lose. Yesterday's display was more skilful and entertaining than ANYTHING I witnessed last season.

We're on the right track again and long may it continue!