PDA

View Full Version : our ratings.....

noz
30-08-2009, 03:34 PM
stack 6 - decent game, doesnt come for crosses, another colgan.
mcc 6 - ok
hogg 6 - murray should be captain, distribution ****
bamba 6 - some good, some bad, yet another booking, fault for goal, got caught on the wrong side :grr:
hanlon 6 - ok
mcbride - 6 hard worker, not involved enough
cregg 5 - another who is going to get booked all the time
rankin 6.5 - good fitness, not great, but shows some effort
wother 7 - ability, like the look of him
riordan 7.5 - flashes again, only one who looks good enough
stokes 5.5 - needs a goal, expecting him to be an instant hit

byrne
nish - not good enough, never thought he was. Sub at best
zooma - not fit, did little

we desperately need murray back, bit of dig and effort

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Stack 7 - Wasn't overly impressed with him, he wasn't coming out for corners etc but he did make 2 very good saves.
McCormack 6 - Did well
Hogg 7 - Thought Hogg was much improved today, he was winning a lot in the air again
Bamba 6 - Gave away too many needless fouls and needs to work on his shooting!
Hanlon 7 - Another good game from him
Rankin 6 - Wasn't really impressed with him today, he really needs to look for a pass instead of going for the 'squiggler' option all the time
McBride 6 - Did ok
Cregg 6 - Looked too scared to go into tackles after his booking
Wotherspoon 7 - Great player, if only his shot had went in.
Deek 7 - Looked well up for it today, he worked hard even tracking back a few times :greengrin
Stokes 6 - Wasn't really in the game, could tell he was lacking fitness

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 03:42 PM
stack 6 - decent game, doesnt come for crosses, another colgan.
mcc 6 - ok
hogg 6 - murray should be captain, distribution ****
bamba 6 - some good, some bad, yet another booking, fault for goal, got caught on the wrong side :grr:
hanlon 6 - ok
mcbride - 6 hard worker, not involved enough
cregg 5 - another who is going to get booked all the time
rankin 6.5 - good fitness, not great, but shows some effort
wother 7 - ability, like the look of him
riordan 7.5 - flashes again, only one who looks good enough
stokes 5.5 - needs a goal, expecting him to be an instant hit

byrne
nish - not good enough, never thought he was. Sub at best
zooma - not fit, did little

we desperately need murray back, bit of dig and effort

Do you mean expected?

We were missing someone in the midfield to pick up the ball and drive at them. Too many touches, too much time on the ball in the middle of the park in the last half hour. That was the main reason there was no urgency. Zemmama couldn't pass the ball today for some reason.

Hainan Hibs
30-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Stack 6 - Doesn't come for corners or crosses when he should but two good saves, not much else to do.
mcc 6 - Done well but not a wing back
hogg 4 - humpty
bamba 7 - Played well I thought
hanlon 6 - Another pretty good performance
mcbride - 6.5 - Got stuck in well, good performance
cregg 6 - Just the type of no nonsense midfielder we need
rankin 6 - Done ok but trying too many squigglers when better options were available
wotherspoon 7 - Great prospect, unlucky not to score.
riordan 6.5 - Done Well, a few chances and some decent balls into the box
stokes 5.5 - Not fit yet, needs time

Nish 5.5 - Done well when he came on, Got in amonst it.
Zouma 5 - Needs to get up to speed again
Bryne 5 - Ok

Wotherspiniesta
30-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Stack- 6 Not commanding enough. 2 good saves.
McCormack-7 Kept Maloney quiet and got forward on occasions.
Hogg- 5 Struggling. Not captain material. Murray to CB please.
Bamba- 6 Decent enough. Pointless foul again for his inevitable booking.
Hanlon- 6 Was never going to be easy v Mcgeady. Doing well though.
Wotherspoon - 8 MOM. Excellent distribution and unlucky not to score.
Mcbride- 6 Not his best. But helped Hanlon out a lot.
Cregg- 5 Good one week, poor the next. This was a poor week.
Rankin- 5 Left Hanlon exposed on numerous occasions. I'd bench him.
Stokes- 5 Missing today. Very disappointing.
Riordan- 7 Looking good atm. Unlucky with free kick.

Byrne -3 One poor cross was all I remember.
Nish - 3 Should have hit target near the end.
Zemmama- 3 Looks unfit, combination of Ramadan and injury probably.

Davy Mac
30-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Stack 6 - First time I've seen him. Yeh, fine but reluctant to come off his line - we will lose goals because of it IMO.

McCormack 6 - Like him but not in this position. Please sign a new RB
Hogg 5 - Poor start to the season, missing RJ IMO.
Bamba 5 - Struggled today, perhaps his mind elsewhere?
Hanlon 7 - Best of the defenders today, really positive for his age

McBride 5 - Good squad player to have but game passed him by today.
Cregg 6 - Bit of bite we've lacked for many years, not a feartie
Rankin 6 - Drifted in and out the game, tidy squad player
Wotherspoon 8 - Fantastic prospect, this guy is the real deal. MOM

Riordan 8 - Didnae score, but quality touches, passing, vision - quality
Stokes 4 - Looked heavy legged today, also needs better service

Nish 4 - Matched up better against Celtic defenders, good experience
Zouma 2 - Unfit, didnae seem interested and no spark.
Byrne 2 - Outshone by Wotherspoon, his time will come this season

Ref 5 - Fussy as ......

woody47
30-08-2009, 04:15 PM
stack 5 - nothing special except he looked comfortable with kick outs.
mcc 6 - out of position but still better than DVZ will ever be
hogg 4 - seems to be really sruggling with confidence
bamba 5 - when is he going to stop these rash challenges.
hanlon 6 - pass marks
mcbride - 6 hard worker and always looking for the ball, shame the rest of midfield hide.
cregg 5 - puts in a lot of effort but again a bit too rash
rankin 5 - waste of time today
wother 8 - my MOM. very compossed
riordan 7 - needs balls played to his feet and not 60 foot punts
stokes 4 - didn't even realise he was on the pitch at times. didn't even try for high balls

byrne - not long enough
nish - is always looking at the player and not the ball.
zooma - waste of time today.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Byrne?...did he touch the ball??? :confused:

fife hfc
30-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Stack 7 solid debut and not at fault for goal. very comfotable with ball at feet.

McCormack 6 very difficult job but stuck to task and tried to get forward at every opportunity.

Hanlon 6 was up against Mcgeady and though found it hard he stuck to his task. Still got forward to good effect.

hogg 5 struggling at the moment and would have Murray in before him

Bamba 7 Apart from part in goal was fairly solid and looked to push us on.

Mcbride 7 had a good game always available for the ball and worked hard.

Rankin 7 worked very hard and tried to get us going, up against good opponents.

Cregg 5 booking subdued him but still worked hard.

Wotherspoon 8 best Hibs player he looks quality. very unlucky with shot and very composed on the ball.

Riordan 7 had a good game worked hard and good passing and vision. very unlucky with free kick.

Stokes 5 poor game and looked tired

Zemmama 3
Byrne 3
Nish 3

Sir David Gray
30-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Maybe not the correct place for this but Cregg's booking was a complete joke.

It happened right in front of me and McDonald put in the initial challenge and then Cregg came in after that which made McDonald go down (although he was soon back on his feet :bitchy:)

To give a foul to Celtic for that was bad enough but it was never a booking in a million years.

Jones28
30-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Stack - 7 - Good distribution, communicted, decent saves from Samaras and Killen

McCormack - 7 - Got forward, not scared of the tackle, passed well

Hogg - 6 - Distribution was poor, got caught in possesion a couple of times

Bamba - 7 - Quality performance, but too many silly bookings

Hanlon - 7 - Same as McCormack, linked up well with Rankin and Riordan

Wotherspoon - MOTM - What a smahing wee player this boy is set to be, excellent in all aspects of his game today :agree:

Cregg - 7 - Good passing, good tackeling, strong in the air

Mcbride - 7 - Same as Cregg, really good with long balls :agree:

Rankin - 7 - Usual solid performance

Riordan - 8 - Brilliant today, came close on a few occasions

Stokes - 6 - Looked knackered, rest up for Hamilton :agree:

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Stack - 7 - Great save 1 on 1 from Samaras, kicking good, not heart attack material like Maka..

McCormack - 6 - Surprise starter, did ok, no protection whatever due to stupid formation

Hogg - 4 - Woefull, utterly useless, tick tock..

Bamba - 7 - Brilliant again, he IS EPL class..

Hanlon - 6 - Needs to sort out his passing, defo good prospect

McBride - 7 - 1 misplaced pass all day, does his job really well

Cregg - 6 - Harsh booking, wasn't able to play his usual terrier like game after that

Wotherspoon - 8 - How good!? So so unlucky with that shot, like Whitty but BETTER!!

Rankin - 5 - Poor, why wasn't he picking up McGeady or Hinkel? Needs to shoot when given the chance..

Stokes - 5 - Looked well off the pace, never offered much, needs games

Riordan - 8 - Worked hard, tracked back, some sublime touches, will break the Ton this season..

Subs

Byrne - 2 - Not ready for the SPL

Nish - 4 - Shouldve been on earlier, unfairly penalised, they got away with the same all game

Zouma - 3 - Nowhere near fit

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Only Stack and Wotherspoon get pass marks from me today. Cregg did ok and had a lot to do with us winning a lot of second ball in the first half, but he made life difficult for himself with that booking. I thought that Bamba had his poorest game in a long time. I would fault him for that goal and I thought that his decision making was suspect for the whole game.

Shrekko
30-08-2009, 05:47 PM
McBride 5 - Good squad player to have but game passed him by today.

Got to say that although everyone's entitled to their opinion, this rating and comment astounds me.

It's early days but this boy has made a big difference to our midfield to date.

I do wonder though if folk are still lining him up as a potential scapegoat. I hope not as guys like him no doubt thrive on crowd support.

HELMIE-HIBEE
30-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Got to say that although everyone's entitled to their opinion, this rating and comment astounds me.

I do wonder though if folk are still lining him up as a potential scapegoat. I hope not as guys like him no doubt thrive on crowd support.
:agree: Mcbride and Cregg work well together.Its decent to have a proper centre line with actual midfielders and not defenders or forwards filling in..Hopefully a centre half will be coming our way before the window ends though.

Davy Mac
30-08-2009, 06:04 PM

You're right I am entitled to my opinion and yes, he's made a difference to the midfield compared to last season.

But who said anything about a scapegoat, for goodness sake the fella worked hard IMO but distribution for the front two was poor and although that probably wasnae his role I just thought he never stood out.

pedroorange1875
30-08-2009, 06:17 PM
I think sometimes the ratings are a bit high but as it has been said everyone has their own opinion, here is my honest appraisal

Stack - 5 - Good kicking but slow to start moves from the back even with Celtic pressing up sometimes. Poor at corners, nothing much else to do.

McCormack - 5 - Out of position on a number of occasions and never really has the pace, lucky maloney was not great today, Samaras glided passed him late on, but i agree not his natural position

Hogg 4 - Not great this season and agree with many saying now it looks like Jones carried him a bit.

Bamba - 6 - Definately an EPL potential player, athletic, quick and can be skillfull, but dreadful decision making sometimes, why push Caddis to the ground at the end?

Hanlon - 6 - Makes good runs and keeps himself available on the left, sometimes never gets passed to for some reason, passing needs to improve and positioning. Did ok.

Rankin - 3 - Runs about great, pity we need a bit more than that.

Mcbride - 6 - I understand the need for a holding midfielder against clubs like Celtic and did well today other than a couple of wayward passes.

Cregg - 5 - Like Rankin, but can pass better as seen on ocassion today, but generally poor today.

Wotherspoon - 9 - Outstanding young talent, always looking to go forward, skillfull and looks like he can play anywhere on the right, fantastic shot today.

Riordan - 8 - never seen him chase and track so much, big threat at set pieces and made Boruc pull off amazing save in second half, possible better than before his Celtic days on this performance.

Stokes - 3 - Simply did zip.

Subs

Zouma - 3 - looks unfit understandably

Byrne - 3 - Different role and i think we are trying to teach him like Mowbray did with Fletch about midfield and dropping deep.

Nish - 2 - right in front of goal and passes to a defender, enough said.

Shrekko
30-08-2009, 06:20 PM
You're right I am entitled to my opinion and yes, he's made a difference to the midfield compared to last season.

But who said anything about a scapegoat, for goodness sake the fella worked hard IMO but distribution for the front two was poor and although that probably wasnae his role I just thought he never stood out.

I didnt mean you personally re the scapegoat thing- just a general comment.

His role is to link defence to midfield and I think he did it very well again today- his covering all over the park is superb as well IMO.

Davy Mac
30-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I didnt mean you personally re the scapegoat thing- just a general comment.

His role is to link defence to midfield and I think he did it very well again today- his covering all over the park is superb as well IMO.

Maybe it was his unseen work...........:wink::greengrin

nickwhibs
30-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm quite surprised at how harsh some people's ratings are. Obviously we all agree that Wotherspoon and Riordan played really well, but some of the other players deserve better. For example Rankin, who i'm not the biggest fan of usually, I thought actually played reasonably well today and deserves at least a 6 or possibly a 7. I also thought McBride had a pretty good game too. Stokes was the only starting player that didn't get pass marks from me (I'm sure he'll improve though).

BSEJVT
30-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Stack 7 2 good saves, good with ball at feet but we will lose gaols by the barrowload from crosses as he is like a statue on his line.

Mccormack 6 Did well enough having come in from almost totally the cold

Hanlon 6 Did wel against McGeady

Hogg 3 Woeful, not nearly at races this season

Bamba 5 Completely ill disciplined performance in marking and really stupid challenge

Wotherspoon 8 Going to be a great player

Cregg 5 Poorest game yet for Hibs

McBride 5 ditto

Rankin 6 Marginally better than the previous 2

Stokes 3 Awful

Riordan 8 my MOM

Subs

Zemmama 5 innefectual

Nish 6 made a difference

Byrne 4 WTF Yogi, not the time or game to bring the guy on

davym7062
30-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Only Stack and Wotherspoon get pass marks from me today. Cregg did ok and had a lot to do with us winning a lot of second ball in the first half, but he made life difficult for himself with that booking. I thought that Bamba had his poorest game in a long time. I would fault him for that goal and I thought that his decision making was suspect for the whole game.

you must have loved last season:greengrin

Toaods
30-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Stack - 6 bog standard English style goalie - leaves the clearances for his big central defenders but competent enough otherwise.

McCormack - 5 though he started fairly brightly but faded fitness wise as expected. No real complaints on him today.

Hanlon - 6 started a bit nervously but came on strong.

Hogg - 4 - terrible from the start. hesitant, passing poor and shocking choice for captain.

Bamba - 4 possibly not fully fit, didn't appear confident in himself as usual.

Cregg - 5 Decent performance but put himself under pressure with misjudged tackle.

McBride - 4 Poor performance compared to his recent form. Never really took control.

Rankin - 6 usual 90 mins of hard graft.

Wotherspoon - 7 signs this laddie could be very good. I'd give him amn improved contract right now.

Deek - 7 Quality as ever, the most dangerous forward at the club.

Stokes - 4 poor, needs to sharpen up and stop blaming others.

Nish - 3 not the answer we search for.

Zoomer - 2 miles short of the required fitness level.

Byrne - 3 never showed much.

Yogi - 5 needed more height in the team and wrong subbies - can't believe he never put Beniji on (did he apologise just before full-time?)

lucky
30-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Stack 7 Decent league debut. he needs to come of his line more

McCormack 6 Played well. Maloney was never in the game got forward

Hanlon 6 Steady

Hogg 3 Clearly out of sorts since been made captain. Under no pressure for his place so will always start:confused:

Bamba 5 very rash at times

Wotherspoon 8 best Hibs player again

Cregg 5 booking put him of his game

McBride 5 must try and start moves going forward a bit

Rankin 4 headless chicken

Stokes 3 £800k he is not showing his worth just yet

Riordan 8 did very well and worked hard

Subs

Zemmama 3 never in the game

Nish 6 should have started

Byrne 2 did he touch the ball?

Yogi 6 got a bit excited and flung on too many forwards

Hibs support 4 very quite, the smellies well out sung us

fife hfc
30-08-2009, 08:28 PM
How the hell did we manage to create chances and almost equalise when most of our players played as badly as some on here believe. I must have missed Celtic's other 4 goals as I thought we only lost 1-0 in a game we could have got something out of.

Toaods
30-08-2009, 08:33 PM
How the hell did we manage to create chances and almost equalise when most of our players played as badly as some on here believe.

because football wise, 10 man Celtic were dreadfull, as their manager's comments post match seemed to confirm.