PDA

View Full Version : ... we looked tired

noz
30-08-2009, 03:21 PM
theyre down to 10 men, zemamma comes on, we should have went for it big style!

It felt like WE were the team witha man down.

Our fitness doesnt look good enough, very disappointed we didnt push them more.

Mikeystewart
30-08-2009, 03:23 PM
In hinesight i think Yogi should have rested a few more players against Brechin.

Part/Time Supporter
30-08-2009, 03:24 PM
nowt to do with fitness

everything to do with the fact that Celtic had >60% of the ball in the first half.

noz
30-08-2009, 03:36 PM
nowt to do with fitness

everything to do with the fact that Celtic had >60% of the ball in the first half.

read the post, we didnt look fit in the last quarter. Didnt mention the first half effort.:duck:

The_Horde
30-08-2009, 03:37 PM
We would have scored if we could get the ball to Wotherspoon and Riordan to whip crosses in.

But instead we just went for the hooooof.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought the energy and commitment today was first class.

Can't ask for anymore than that.

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:39 PM
read the post, we didnt look fit in the last quarter. Didnt mention the first half effort.:duck:
The point is that it is always tiring to be chasing the game-this impacts on the whole game.

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I thought the energy and commitment today was first class.

Can't ask for anymore than that.

I missed the first 35 minutes but apart from a 3/4 minute spell at the end of the game the energy was pathetic in the second half.

Too many short passes and no one driving forward from midfield. I've not seen Arfield play but from the sounds of things he's that type of player.

VegasHibby
30-08-2009, 04:40 PM
nowt to do with fitness

I reckon it has everything to do with fitness. That's why we were constantly chasing the game. And they had 10 men. That's what seperates Celtic/Rangers from other SPL teams. They're not that much better but they run the full 90 mins. That's why they also score last few mins of games. Players also become more responsible when they're getting paid 5K + a week. They take their diet and fitness more serious.....

Part/Time Supporter
30-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I reckon it has everything to do with fitness. That's why we were constantly chasing the game. And they had 10 men. That's what seperates Celtic/Rangers from other SPL teams. They're not that much better but they run the full 90 mins. That's why they also score last few mins of games. Players also become more responsible when they're getting paid 5K + a week. They take their diet and fitness more serious.....

Nonsense. They have better technical players, who keep the ball more. The opposition has to chase the game more and tire faster. You see the same thing between English top division teams, and nobody would question their fitness.

VegasHibby
30-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Nonsense. They have better technical players, who keep the ball more. The opposition has to chase the game more and tire faster. You see the same thing between English top division teams, and nobody would question their fitness.

Nonesense ? aye you're right, nothing to do with fitness levels :confused:

RoYO!
30-08-2009, 06:51 PM
tbh im surprised by the negativity of a fair number of posts.

the guys played well, could have gone either way.

that result wont do the confidence any harm and the game has been very well received in the media for what was on show.

think the momentum will continue into the must win (if were going to be doing anything this season) games coming up

davym7062
30-08-2009, 06:57 PM

they are better than us, but we gave them a good go today and on another day would have scored 2/3.

fitness my erse

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 06:58 PM

The difference was that Celtic had better players and were able to use the ball better than us for the mast majority of the game...

N'Guemo was given too much time and space and exploited this throughout the game.... Our midfield were chasing shadows and Celtic used this to there advantage....

bobbyhibs1983
30-08-2009, 07:36 PM
The difference was that Celtic had better players and were able to use the ball better than us for the mast majority of the game...

Is there any point in turning up with an attitude that celtic are better than us(not having a dig at you mate)
i think celtic and rangers have this "attitude" that we(rangers and celtic) are better than anyone else.
The problem we have at hibs is we dont believe in ourselfs enough.
the other week burnley BEAT manchester united.Man united have amazing players but burnley beat them.

What people i feel has to remeber is rangers and celtic players are human as well and 90% of games they play in the spl they win before they start the game.

an example is a thread started a few days ago about winding boruc up
Why? becuase he is human and mess's up under pressure.

I also think we did not put enough pressure onto celtic today(prehaps we did in the last 5mins), they had time and space and i think thats where celtic and rangers do well as teams do not pressure there players into playing the ball and or making mistakes.

Keith_M
30-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Agreed, Celtic were just the better team. They looked like they were the ones that had an extra man.

Hibs really need to get the CH position sorted, as they had no answer to corners or crosses into the box.

PISTOL1875
30-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Is there any point in turning up with an attitude that celtic are better than us(not having a dig at you mate)
i think celtic and rangers have this "attitude" that we(rangers and celtic) are better than anyone else.
the other week burnley BEAT manchester united.Man united have amazing players but burnley beat them.

What people i feel has to remeber is rangers and celtic players are human as well and 90% of games they play in the spl they win before they start the game.

I also think we did not put enough pressure onto celtic today(prehaps we did in the last 5mins), they had time and space and i think thats where celtic and rangers do well as teams do not pressure there players into playing the ball and or making mistakes.

That is reality..The OF are better than everybody else...

The big problem today was that we showed Celtic too much respect and that was evident especially in the first half.. Respect should be shown in the newspapers and on TV and radio... When you are on the park , if you give the OF too much respect , they will defeat you with ability.. In the first half we stood off Celtic and they passed the ball around like we did against Brechin...

lEXO
30-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Nonesense ? aye you're right, nothing to do with fitness levels :confused:
Aye, the guys that won us the leage cup were fit as ****.Eh, how much did they earn again? Your argument is nonsense man.They have better players full stop.Does,nt make them any more professional, just better quality.Disrespectfull to our players who ran them close today.

VegasHibby
30-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Aye, the guys that won us the leage cup were fit as ****.Eh, how much did they earn again? Your argument is nonsense man.They have better players full stop.Does,nt make them any more professional, just better quality.Disrespectfull to our players who ran them close today.

You're nonesense man ! Ofcourse they have better players. You're stating the obvious. And I never said Hibs weren't close today I merely stated that Celtic are a fitter team all round........

matty_f
30-08-2009, 10:18 PM

I don't think it's a case of the players and fans turning up with the attitude that Rantic have better players. It has to be taken into consideration when you're analysing the match though.

Look at Celtc v Arsenal - the difference in quality of players was the difference. Celtc looked knackered at full time because they'd had to work harder against better players.

Yes, Burnley beat Man U, but we've beaten both the OF on occasion over the last few seasons because we don't go in with the attitude that they are all better players.

lEXO
31-08-2009, 05:21 PM
You're nonesense man ! Ofcourse they have better players. You're stating the obvious. And I never said Hibs weren't close today I merely stated that Celtic are a fitter team all round........
Your chat that players who earn more than £5k a week are more responsible than those who dont, adds to your nonesense.That infers that our players arent as responsible and professional.No way man.Players who earn over£5k tend to be better players in general,and that usually makes the difference.