PDA

View Full Version : A player that can header the ball...

Monts
30-08-2009, 02:09 PM
If we could get a striker with an aerial presence then we'd be well on our way imo...

The crosses that Wotherspoon was putting in today, as well as Riordan, McCormack and in other games Galbraith, needs someone who can get on the end of it on a regular basis.

That was the difference today, with samaras being a massive threat inthe air as he wins most headers.

Dare i say it, but killen would score many a goal if he was in this hibs team instead of nish...

No disrespect to nish as i think hes a good spl striker, but he doesnt do enough with his head for a big guy.

Monts
30-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Just me then? :greengrin

Westie1875
30-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Just me then? :greengrin

I agree, thought Benji might have got on at some point as he could have got on the end of a few - strange one to put Byrne on instead.

King Paddy
30-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Agree mate, badly needed.

erin go bragh
30-08-2009, 09:12 PM
agree that benji should have been on rather than byrne but how did stokes stay on the park as long as he did. he looked well of the pace all game:grr:

jgl07
30-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Dare i say it, but killen would score many a goal if he was in this hibs team instead of nish...

The past evidence suggests that Killen would spend most of the season on the treatment table.

matty_f
30-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I'd expect Stokes to pitch in with a few headers once he's fully fit and has his match sharpness. He looked well off the pace today, but I think that is as a result of 3 games in 8 days when he isn't quite ready for it.

Monts
31-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I'd expect Stokes to pitch in with a few headers once he's fully fit and has his match sharpness. He looked well off the pace today, but I think that is as a result of 3 games in 8 days when he isn't quite ready for it.

Did he score many headers when at falkirk?

He doesnt seem the tallest of players...

Hibbyradge
31-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Boozy.

Future17
31-08-2009, 06:50 PM
If we could get a striker with an aerial presence then we'd be well on our way imo...

The crosses that Wotherspoon was putting in today, as well as Riordan, McCormack and in other games Galbraith, needs someone who can get on the end of it on a regular basis.

That was the difference today, with samaras being a massive threat inthe air as he wins most headers.

No disrespect to nish as i think hes a good spl striker, but he doesnt do enough with his head for a big guy.

Read your first two paragraphs and thought "Killen" straight-away. If Celtc weren't so skint, they'd have released him and we might snapped him up.....wages paid by Scunthorpe's £200k for Nish. :greengrin

hibee1993
31-08-2009, 09:09 PM
heard today that chris killen will leave celtic tommorow , on a permanent deal .

Expecting Rain
01-09-2009, 09:20 AM
We do need a striker that can header the ball i agree but let`s get a Right Back and a Centre Back first.

Phil MaGlass
01-09-2009, 09:39 AM
How about a defender who can actually get up or get to headers first,without climbing or trying to fly over opposition players,I thought the defence trying to get up for headers against Celtic were woeful on sunday.

nickwhibs
01-09-2009, 11:07 AM
How about a defender who can actually get up or get to headers first,without climbing or trying to fly over opposition players,I thought the defence trying to get up for headers against Celtic were woeful on sunday.

Exactly, I think we must have won about 2 or 3 headers in the whole match. Just shows how much we relied on Jonesy. It is a worry though as teams will know to play high balls against us and will also try to stop us playing on the ground and we will have no plan B.

hughio
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Thats the real problem IMO

:agree: