Monts
30-08-2009, 02:00 PM
What a player :thumbsup:

JE89
30-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Looks good so far :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
30-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Best player on the park again today IMO. What a shot aswell! Keep it up Spoony :agree:

Fat Stu
30-08-2009, 02:03 PM
if this boy continues to progress I honestly think he will become a better player than Scott Brown, has been fantastic every time I've saw him.

Action Jackson
30-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Had a good game with some vicious crosses in the box. Pity nobody was in there to take advantage of them.

:rolleyes:

Dibben
30-08-2009, 02:18 PM
:thumbsup:

Looks a player!!

And they said oor young talent was finished when Fletcher left!!!

BH.

DBHibs
30-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Very impressed with Wotherspoon so far.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

db03
30-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Very impressed with the way he has played so far, Does anyone know how long a deal we have him signed on??

gringojoe
30-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Been very impressed with him and he doesn't half whip in some wicked crosses.

col02
30-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Shades of Whittaker there to the lad and he can also cross a mean ball too. Looks a very good prospect but we need to be wary of the fact he will no doubt have a dip in form at some time or another and experience suggests we are harsh on players who let their standards drop a little. Worth adding that I felt Hanlon had a great game and is growing into the role of getting forward more.

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2009, 02:36 PM
By far the best player on the pitch today. His enthusiasm, vision and work rate was awesome. He will start more games than not if he keeps going like this. Tremendous.

skipster7
30-08-2009, 02:36 PM
if this boy continues to progress I honestly think he will become a better player than Scott Brown, has been fantastic every time I've saw him.
my thoughts as well , he seems to exude confidence in his own ability which is great to see, yogi was raving about him after the match saying he " glides " through games. very impressed.

skipster7
30-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Shades of Whittaker there to the lad and he can also cross a mean ball too. Looks a very good prospect but we need to be wary of the fact he will no doubt have a dip in form at some time or another and experience suggests we are harsh on players who let their standards drop a little. Worth adding that I felt Hanlon had a great game and is growing into the role of getting forward more.
thought hanlon had a good game but was badly let down by whoever was meant to be in front of him in the first half, which lead to their goal.

GhostofBolivar
30-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Looks a top quality prospect. I've got high hopes.

mandiandihibs
30-08-2009, 03:18 PM
thought hanlon had a good game but was badly let down by whoever was meant to be in front of him in the first half, which lead to their goal.

It was Rankin. Posted missing in that support role for most of first half. Explains why we were run ragged down the right hand side. You could see the goal coming.

Littlest Hobo
30-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Thought he was one of our best against ST.Mirren, why he got dropped against Falkirk is anyones' guess?:confused: Looks a cracking wee player.:thumbsup:

Monts
30-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Thought he was one of our best against ST.Mirren, why he got dropped against Falkirk is anyones' guess?:confused: Looks a cracking wee player.:thumbsup:

Could it be that Yogi is only giving him home games in a bid to stop him from having too much too soon, and to boost his confidence...?

ggth
30-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Fab player lok like a seasoned pro, I think he will be our big next sale in a few years time

Littlest Hobo
30-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Could it be that Yogi is only giving him home games in a bid to stop him from having too much too soon, and to boost his confidence...?

No, i think it was more to do with tactics and Anthony Stokes than anything else?

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 03:31 PM
What a player :thumbsup:Great prospect..I'm really impressed

Hibs Spain
30-08-2009, 03:39 PM
What a player :thumbsup:Great prospect..I'm really impressed

AllyF
30-08-2009, 03:46 PM
MOTM for me too.

Definitely agree with col02 about the similarities to Whittaker. And what a strike too - very unlucky not to score.

Www1875hfc
30-08-2009, 04:09 PM
MOTM for me too.

Definitely agree with col02 about the similarities to Whittaker. And what a strike too - very unlucky not to score.

:agree:
here's his shot at goal,some good angles,and a nice wee slow mo,great save by boruc,looked in all the way,credit the keeper ah suppose..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5EvQcfIdJ0

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I think he will be better. He has better balance and coordination and whips the ball in. Early days but looking good.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2009, 04:38 PM
He looks a player.:thumbsup: He probably did not play last week because Yogi does not want to burn him out. We dont play for 2 weeks, so he's just bedding the boy in gently.

givescotlandfreedom
30-08-2009, 04:44 PM
:thumbsup:Yes Wotherspoon looks like a great prospect, good on you

Gmack7
30-08-2009, 04:46 PM
he should have the R MID position nailed down for me superb prospect

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 04:48 PM
His shot was one of the few times I was out my seat today. A very exciting prospect.

Golden Bear
30-08-2009, 04:49 PM
An auld heid on very young shoulders.

In short -------- what a prospect, --------in fact what a player!

magnificent_seven
30-08-2009, 05:07 PM
If he followed the ball in with that shot, he may have banged in the rebound because the whole Celtic team stop, he was off to celebrate!

He is showing a lot of potential though, he has been excellent everytime i have seen him.

DaveF
30-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Wotherspoon looks comfortable on the ball, can pass and has a terrific work rate and attitude.

He is without doubt a very good player in the making :agree:

The_Todd
30-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Another Hibs production line win.

Long may it continue.

Crab apple
30-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Looks an excellent prospect. Appears to have the self confidence to back up his ability which is always a good thing.

BigBamba
30-08-2009, 07:33 PM
From what i've seen from the guy i think hes class :agree:
Wasn't expecting so much from him but he's looked really good,
Was so unlucky with the volley
Was just wondering if everyone thinks he's as good as i do? :confused:

stokesmessiah
30-08-2009, 07:34 PM

Not seen huge amounts of him yet, but what i have seen he looks very much the part?

Today was probably one of the biggest games of his career to date, and he looked one of the more assured players on the pitch IMO.

Removed
30-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Where have you been for the past year?

Bo'ness_Hibee
30-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah he is class :top marksand he was very unlucky not to score:cool2:

BigBamba
30-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Where have you been for the past year?
never got to see much of the under 19's atall mate

Removed
30-08-2009, 07:38 PM
never got to see much of the under 19's atall mate

:cool2: shame though, you missed out then, defo best memories of last season

Hiber-nation
30-08-2009, 07:47 PM
For an 18 year old to have the ability to play right mid, right back or right forward as well as he has done shows that he is going to be top quality. First genuinely exciting prospect since the golden generation.

:top marks

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Looks a great prospect and someone who's came to Hibs FROM Celtic. :thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
30-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I thought that he didn't look out of place during the game, which is probably the best praise he can be given. He was the only midfielder we had willing to put his foot on the ball and take a player on. His shot was also absolutely brilliant, the vision to think of it, followed by the confidence to try it, then the skill to pull it off, was excellent.

Should hopefully be a star soon. Hopefully two or three others can follow his example

King Paddy
30-08-2009, 07:59 PM
This boy has real class. Superb first touch and was unlucky with a great effort which hit the post. We definately need to get this boy on a long contract.

oconnors_strip
30-08-2009, 08:13 PM
david was a stand out last season for the under 19s. he impressed everyone, not just the hibs supporters. he is very professional on and off the park, with a sensible head on him. he can take criticism but he will take it on board and work to improve himself.

he played very well for the scotland under 19s in june during the championship play offs, many commentators and fans were saying he has the potenial to go far.

im chuffed to bits to see one of the younger lads make an impact at hibs:top marks

Barney McGrew
30-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Fitted in today like he's played in that position for the first team for years.

He has a bit of 'swagger' about him too.

Well played :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
30-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Fitted in today like he's played in that position for the first team for years.

He has a bit of 'swagger' about him too.

Well played :thumbsup:

but its not a cocky swagger which is good to see.

Badge
30-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I thought all 3 of the young lads, McCormack, Hanlon and Wotherspoon played really well.

The Beastie Bus
30-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Laddies got a big future in front of him, he's a natural footballer and was so unlucky not to score, credit where it's due, great save from Boruc.

Does anyone else think his playing style is similar to Beckhams or have I just had a red wine too many?:dizzy

Cameron1875
30-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Comparing him to beckham, think you might have had one red wine too many GoldenBroon:cool2:. Seriously though wotherspoon does look a good talent and probably best to keep playing him at easter road and ease him into the away matches.

down-the-slope
30-08-2009, 09:50 PM
:cool2: shame though, you missed out then, defo best memories of last season

:agree: I refused to have a season ticket last season and went to watch u19 instead...a joy...David has just continued to play as he did last year..the sign of class is that he does not seem to have noticed the supposed step up :cool2:

The Beastie Bus
30-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Comparing him to beckham, think you might have had one red wine too many GoldenBroon:cool2:. Seriously though wotherspoon does look a good talent and probably best to keep playing him at easter road and ease him into the away matches.

You're right about the wine, i'm off tomorrow:greengrin, however the crosses he was putting in were very Beckham-esque. Think he needs the away games as well though, the quality will shine through.

On another note a wee dissapointment for me today was Stokesy not applauding the fans when he went off, doesn't take much to acknowledge the supporters, especially at home....

Hibs Soldier
30-08-2009, 10:08 PM
The laddie has done great so far, hopefully more to come.

The_Horde
31-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Laddies got a big future in front of him, he's a natural footballer and was so unlucky not to score, credit where it's due, great save from Boruc.

Does anyone else think his playing style is similar to Beckhams or have I just had a red wine too many?:dizzy

His crossing technique is a bit like Beckhams but when have you ever seen Beckham do step overs or take on players? :greengrin

harry-hibee
31-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Yogi say,s he "glides" through games and on yesterday,s great performance from him, that,s the impression that i get, know if we are making player comparisons the last player to "glide" through games at ER playing with style was one Pat Stanton.

iwasthere1972
31-08-2009, 12:27 PM
He looks a player.:thumbsup: He probably did not play last week because Yogi does not want to burn him out. We dont play for 2 weeks, so he's just bedding the boy in gently.

Terrible choice of words. :faf:

Vault Boy
31-08-2009, 12:38 PM
i think wotherspoon and hanlon were very good in the Celtic game, wotherspoon had the ball up the right flank allot and delivered some good crosses. Hanlon defended well but also made runs to good effect. Looks like the lads have a future ahead of them :agree:

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Terrible choice of words. :faf:

Yip a real unfortunate choice of words, i should have said he was breaking him in gently.:wink: