PDA

View Full Version : No Excuses

HibeeHutch
30-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Half an hour to get a goal back against 10 men and we constantly gave the ball away. Bamba lucky to stay on - he needs to calm down.

In general I didn't think there was much urgency at all from us until the last 5 mins.

Riordan, Wotherspoon and Stack all get pass marks from me but not much for the rest.

JE89
30-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Thought Hanlon and McCormack looked decent, against the better wingers in the league. Not perfect from either but very promising IMO.

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Half an hour to get a goal back against 10 men and we constantly gave the ball away. Bamba lucky to stay on - he needs to calm down.

In general I didn't think there was much urgency at all from us until the last 5 mins.

Riordan, Wotherspoon and Stack all get pass marks from me but not much for the rest.

Was really disappointed. If we had showed that urgency earlier we would have got a draw and maybe even a win.

The balls coming out from the back were sticking with the midfield, too many touches and not enough drive forward from the middle of the park. Zemmama's passing was woeful.

I thought that McCormack let the ball get in behind him too easily on a couple of occassions today.

Thought we really could have taken the game to them after the sending off. :boo hoo:

heidtheba
30-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Only saw from 53 mins on but no composure, crap passing and at no point did I think we looked a man up after the sending off.

Nameless
30-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Instead of throwing on extra strikers, I think another midfielder would have made the difference. We looked top heavy in the last 10 - 15 mins, and lacked the composure in the midfield that our numerical advantage should have given us.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Plenty of energy and commitment today I thought.

Defensively we looked quite edgy and we really need to get a new centre-back in but all in all, I won't be criticising too much.

My old man is thee Hibs pessimist and even he didn't complain after the game. If we'd shown the same urgency from the off as we did in the last ten minutes then we would have come away with something.

Stack had a couple of stops to make but other than that he didn't look troubled and if it wasn't for probably the best save I've ever seen in my life we would have been celebrating a wonder goal by Wotherspoon, whom I thought was brilliant today. His energy, composure and fantastic crossing means he should be a regular for us on that form.

Hanlon and McCormack played quite well although I think they got turned quite easily a few times.

Hogg and Bamba were solid enough but as mentioned before, we really need another centre back in there.

I thought McBride was excellent today, he's not flashy or a stand-out but he's a wee terrier and he keeps things ticking over in midfield. Cregg was diluted after his early yellow which took the edge off his game. Rankin was his usual bustling self and gave 100% which is all you can ask.

As for Riordan and Stokes, Deek looked far more energetic today and was always wanting the ball. Stokesy on the other hand looked unfit and disinterested at times. However, when he gets that first goal he's going to score an absolute hatful so he needs a bit of time.

Lastly, credit to Yogi for making positive changes in today's game. Furthermore, the ethic he has instilled into the players is evident as every last one of them ran their heart out today (save for Stokes).

Happy enough, lets just make sure we pick up again in the next game.

GreenBlade
30-08-2009, 03:20 PM

Sorry but I don't get your appraisal of Stack. He never attacked ONE cross ball all afternoon. He was on his line for the winner! Sorry if I sound harsh but that was one glaring deficiency in his game. No doubt some of you will want to have a go at me about him but go on.......tell me one time he went for just one of Celtics many cross balls?

The nearest he got to some of the Celtic strikers was in the huddle!! Still......nice one. :duck:

HibeeHutch
30-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Our defenders should have been cutting out the crosses in the first place and should have been first to them in our box.

Violater
30-08-2009, 03:24 PM

Thought Bamba was our best player, no support from the center of midfield,thought that center mid was hiding today. We really needed someone to get hold of the ball and show a bit of confidence.

GreenBlade
30-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Our defenders should have been cutting out the crosses in the first place and should have been first to them in our box.

Sorry mate. Yes the defenders should cut out crosses but if the ball comes in that box it should be the keepers. Thats why they wear gloves. Its not to stop them getting mud on their hands for ****s sake (no offence) :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Didn't think we deserved anything from today. We were off the pace in the middle and gave the ball away to cheaply, our passing wasn't sharp enough against a not very good Celtic side. We didn't show enough composure when they went to 10 men.

danhibees1875
30-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Only saw from 53 mins on but no composure, crap passing and at no point did I think we looked a man up after the sending off.

Just be thankful you missed the 1st half then.

The final 30mins was our best spell IMO.

euro Hibby
30-08-2009, 04:10 PM
effort OK but at times we were passed of the park. Thats what made us look tired chasing the ball. When your tired you lack composure. No panic we are not expected to beat Celtic. I also don't think we held the ball up well enough at the front end.