PDA

View Full Version : Mowbray and the post-match huddle (merged)

7-Zip_Mike
30-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Doing huddle on pitch at full time. Totally lost respect today.

Nameless
30-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Why:confused:

HH81
30-08-2009, 01:42 PM
His post match interview made him look like he was a bit of a clown by refusing to the look at the video's of the dive.

He did dive and Morbray was wrong today. :agree:

J-C
30-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Could this not be seen as an inciting the crowd by doing it on the oppositions pitch. By all means do it at Darkheid but not here. :grr:

Borders Hibby
30-08-2009, 01:43 PM
His post match interview made him look like he was a bit of a clown by refusing to the look at the video's of the dive.

What an ar**!

Judas Iscariot
Monkey Heided Welt

Davy Mac

Ken what you're saying fella, but I couldnae give a flying one about Mowbray, enjoyed his wee rest stop on his way up the ladder of greatness but Celtic are welcome to him and they're antics. Not bitter likes:greengrin

hfcok
30-08-2009, 01:44 PM
he was in mood for some reason,not intrested in the reporters questions

HibeeDave
30-08-2009, 01:45 PM

got to respect Stack for trying to join in :greengrin

spoing
30-08-2009, 01:46 PM

Think Hibs players should do that everytime they try that at Easter Road. They'd soon stop doing it!

johnbc70
30-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Just walking home from game. Lost alot of respect for mowbray with him doing his huddle on the pitch at full time. Do you think he will do this at ibrox as well?

givescotlandfreedom
Mowbray had them diving, trying to get our players in the book and timewasting. He's one of them now and deserves no repect. Another Old Firm rat.

weststand1973

Let them do it, if it causes chaos they get hammered

darwenhibby
30-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Once you hit the mighty heights of the famous glasgow celtic you are entitled to be an arrogant tw@t.

Both in his interview and the huddle.

Took a lot of respect away today by doing that huddle at ER.

Him and Caldwell GTF

7-Zip_Mike
30-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Davie agree but thought he was a bit above that but obviously not. Dud Stack join the fuddle?

GreenBlade

Completely lost all respect for Mowbray after his interview but WORSE!!

I've gained a new respect for Craig Burley....:grr: He was honest and damning of all diving cheating players. Unlike others employed by ESPN

spoing

Typical Septic Hypocrasy. Do Celtic managers get some kind of lobotomy when they go there. Thought Strachan had a bit of class until he turned up at Darkheid and Mogga seems to be going the same way.

Spend all week moaning about Eduardo diving and then the wee cheat gets caught out and suddenly their opinion changes. Wonder what Smith and the SFA will have to say about it. hmmm.....

Monts
30-08-2009, 01:52 PM
On the radio he said that AM shouldnt have recieved a second yellow as he had run 50 yards and ridden two challenges already, so was expecting a third...

Surely that boils down to "he was knackered so fell over".

Was Eduardo not just expecting the challenge?

He also said that AM wouldnt have been booked for diving if they hadnt had the week they just had...

Im guessing your saying if someone hadnt kicked up a fuss about diving then he wouldnt have been booked. Well Tony, guess who it was the kicked up the fuss?

:rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
30-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Mowbray should have looked at the screen before dismissing it like that, will realise his mistake tomorrow when he sees it properly, will he come and say the ref was right???

givescotlandfreedom
30-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I've gained a new respect for Craig Burley....:grr: He was honest and damning of all diving cheating players. Unlike others employed by ESPN

I'm surprised at that, always though him to be an eedjit. Gopod to hear though after their complaints of cheating midweek.

weststand1973
30-08-2009, 01:58 PM
his post match interview made him look like he was a bit of a clown by refusing to the look at the video's of the dive.

He did dive and morbray was wrong today. :agree:

respect espn

sesoim
30-08-2009, 02:00 PM
On the radio he said that AM shouldnt have recieved a second yellow as he had run 50 yards and ridden two challenges already, so was expecting a third...

Surely that boils down to "he was knackered so fell over".

Was Eduardo not just expecting the challenge?

He also said that AM wouldnt have been booked for diving if they hadnt had the week they just had...

Im guessing your saying if someone hadnt kicked up a fuss about diving then he wouldnt have been booked. Well Tony, guess who it was the kicked up the fuss?

:rolleyes:

:agree: Surely if McGeady wanted to "avoid the challenge" he could have just jumped/stepped to the side. I wouldn't have thought falling down while running fast is a good way to avoid injury. Mowbray was talking crap and his time at Hibs is now irrelevant to me. He can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

DBHibs
30-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I too was very disappointed in Mowbray for organising that huddle at the end of the game. Showed a lack of respect and class in my opinion. More the sort of thing I'd have expected from his predecessor.

Full marks for Graham Stack for trying to join in for a laugh though!

Westie1875
30-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Mowbray was an arse doing that at full time, completely disrespectful to Hibs as he could have just done that in the dressing room. :bitchy:

Missed Stack trying to join in but that is quite funny and I agree with whoever said our players should try that more often - take the piss out of them as its what they deserve.

As for McGeady :bye:

hibee_girl
30-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Didn't see the point in the after match huddle, most of the Celtic players didn't have a clue why he wanted them to stay on the pitch.

Have they done that in their other games this season?

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 02:16 PM

I thought he was a complete joke in that interview.

There is no question that McGeady dived and :top marks for the ref to spot it and :top marksfor the strength to book the diving little ****.

Craig Burley said exactly what I had said a few minutes earlier, it doesn't matter if he doesn't dive every week, he dived today.

****ing brilliant especially after Eduardo and their greeting. GIRFUY

DBHibs
30-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Didn't see the point in the after match huddle, most of the Celtic players didn't have a clue why he wanted them to stay on the pitch.

As you say, the Celtic players looked confused when TM was trying to get the huddle together so that would imply that it was a new thing. If that is the case, why do it at Easter Road of all places??

Sorry we gave Mowbray such a good reception now!

J-C
30-08-2009, 02:18 PM

I think doing the huddle at ER was like sticking 2 fingers up at our supporters, very poor.

Nameless
30-08-2009, 02:21 PM
If watching men stand in a wee huddle gets your blood boiling, I'd hate to see your recation to somthing that actually matters. Fair enough, some people are a bit miffed that we got beat, but this petty bitterness is beneath us is it not.

J-C
30-08-2009, 02:24 PM
If watching men stand in a wee huddle gets your blood boiling, I'd hate to see your recation to somthing that actually matters. Fair enough, some people are a bit miffed that we got beat, but this petty bitterness is beneath us is it not.

We all know they do it prior to the game and we couldn't care less but to do it after the game at an away ground is just wrong.

shamo9
30-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Was surprised with Mowbray today. His mannerisms mirrored that of a huffy child; constantly had his head in his hands, mouthing off to the officials, running on the pitch at the end for attention and refusing obstinately to accept he was wrong and move on.

Hughes showed how it was done last week and was very civil in the post match interview, focusing on his own team and not getting involved with petty debates.

Nameless
30-08-2009, 02:30 PM
We all know they do it prior to the game and we couldn't care less but to do it after the game at an away ground is just wrong.

Before or after the match, it is a pointless and uninspiring ritual, but it harms nobody.

I would be extremely surprised if he did it purely to annoy Hibs fans.

col02
30-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Personally speaking I have little or no respect for Mowbray as his tenure at Hibs coincided with the emergence of a good quality group of young players and expectations were pretty low amongst the support anyway post Williamson. The guy preaches for loyalty yet shows none himself. His defeatist comments the day we were visiting Parkhead were a tad hard to accept as someone who followed Hibs for all the away games in his tenure. All in all to me he is nothing more than a Celtic manager now and he will be held in the same low regard as anyone associated with that club.

weststand1973
30-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Tony Mowbray's speedo army

Beefster
30-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Monkey Heided Welt

How hideously Yammish.

It was predictable that Mowbray would get pelters on here after the game though, regardless of the result.

Dibben
30-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Mowbray on McGeady.

'He skipped past 3 players running 40 yards with the ball, seen the challenge coming and went down... I think thats common sense!'

:wtf:

BH.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 02:50 PM
No problems with the huddle today, at all. If anything, I'm glad it happened as Stack gave me a good chuckle trying to gatecrash it.

bobbyhibs1983
30-08-2009, 02:54 PM
total joke for an interview, would tm have taken that tone is that was a hibs player who did that and dived?i think not

i ve not seen it mentioned but the dive of the day belong to an ex hibs player chris killen.i hope that guy who was drumming up the diving debate(sorry forgot his name) has a look at the killen incident andthe sfa bans him for 2 games or whatever,

.SeventyFive
30-08-2009, 02:57 PM

He is quickly becoming my favourite Hibbie!
Solid performance today and taking the piss out of that disgraceful huddle earned a lot of respect from me.

Ed De Gramo
30-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Mowbray = ****! His antics and attitude stinks. Grade 1 ****** of the highest!

Del Boy
30-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Mowbray can GTF, he's one of them now. Celtic has that affect on people it makes them arrogant, paranoid and narrow minded. Used to think Strachan was OK til he went there....:bitchy:

steviehfc
30-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Personally speaking I have little or no respect for Mowbray as his tenure at Hibs coincided with the emergence of a good quality group of young players and expectations were pretty low amongst the support anyway post Williamson. The guy preaches for loyalty yet shows none himself. His defeatist comments the day we were visiting Parkhead were a tad hard to accept as someone who followed Hibs for all the away games in his tenure. All in all to me he is nothing more than a Celtic manager now and he will be held in the same low regard as anyone associated with that club.:top marks Came across with the same sort or arrogance that Strachan had in abundance with his refusal to look at the video evidence.

Arch Stanton
30-08-2009, 03:08 PM
:agree: Surely if McGeady wanted to "avoid the challenge" he could have just jumped/stepped to the side. I wouldn't have thought falling down while running fast is a good way to avoid injury. Mowbray was talking crap and his time at Hibs is now irrelevant to me. He can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Not really - he was running at a fair lick and could hardly take a sudden right turn.

Also, I really don't think Hanlon just stood back to let him run past - we would have been well exposed if he had done that.

To me it looked like Hanlon did try to block McGeady with his knee and that McGeady went over it rather than through it.

Mind you, I have only seen it a couple of times so I might change my mind when I see it again:greengrin

Violater
30-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry but Mowbray was totally classless today. No need to go into a huddle at the end. For me he is now just another OF attention seeking fud.

RickyS
30-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Before or after the match, it is a pointless and uninspiring ritual, but it harms nobody.

I would be extremely surprised if he did it purely to annoy Hibs fans.

if it was just the players who did it, a bit of booing would suffice, but for mowbray to join in and infact instigate the thing is a poor show and as was said above, simply a lack of respect.

looked like it was mogga saying to the celtic fans, see me, im doing this to show you that this club means nothing to me.

dalkeith stu
30-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Lost all Respect for Mowbray today after his interview on the radio with Chick Young.

Littlest Hobo
30-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I couldn't give too hoots about him doing the huddle on the pitch at the end? So what?:rolleyes:

It was his arrogance in the interview that pissed me off. He didn't even want to look at the replay, respect lost! :grr:

Nameless
30-08-2009, 03:27 PM
looked like it was mogga saying to the celtic fans, see me, im doing this to show you that this club means nothing to me.

It did come over as a slightly poor effort to ingratiate himself to the unwashed hordes, I have to agree:agree:

RickyS
30-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I couldn't give too hoots about him doing the huddle on the pitch at the end? So what?:rolleyes:

It was his arrogance in the interview that pissed me off. He didn't even want to look at the replay, respect lost! :grr:

suppose its all about opinions, refusing to view a clip is silly but never annoyed me but stepping in to the centre circle of our ground for a huddle, that did.

why the rolled eyes smiley?

lucky
30-08-2009, 03:39 PM
TM let himself down with his after match celebratory huddle, reminded me of the class of Frail. I think that the SFA should look into his action and the potential consequences following the Millwall-West Ham and Nottingham Forest-Derby matches.

Today he showed no respect for our club or us as supporters.

--------
30-08-2009, 03:39 PM
First he implies that we made the game into a battle.

Then he defends McGeady and suggests that Dougie McDonald doesn't 'understand' the game.

"I never go overboard on my goalkeepers" - Boruc's probably the first decent keeper he's ever had playing for hiom, and someone else sugned him.

And isn't this the first time they've done the huddle at the end of the match - saved it for his old team? Out of order - he can have them all doing tha fan-dance at parkhead if he wants, but he should have a bit of respect for his hosts away from home.

Just what I expected from him now he's back home where he belongs. Reverting to type. Slimy hypocritical creep. :grr:

RickyS
30-08-2009, 03:42 PM
First he implies that we made the game into a battle.

Then he defends McGeady and suggests that Dougie McDonald doesn't 'understand' the game.

"I never go overboard on my goalkeepers" - Boruc's probably the first decent keeper he's ever had playing for hiom, and someone else sugned him.

And isn't this the first time they've done the huddle at the end of the match - saved it for his old team? Out of order - he can have them all doing tha fan-dance at parkhead if he wants, but he should have a bit of respect for his hosts away from home.

Just what I expected from him now he's back home where he belongs. Slimy hypocritical creep.[/B] :grr:

my thoughts exactly

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Is this the thread for wee bairns?Mowbray is a professional football coach.His loyalty is 100% to Celtic and rightly so.All this rubbish about respect and insults.Some people need to do a lot of growing up.Who cares what he thinks about anything?

--------
30-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Listening to Yogi now.

Chalk and cheese. :agree:

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Mowbray - man of integrity and honesty - my erse!

The huddle was uncalled for, qnd his refusal to watch the McGeady was so embarrassing.

Did he no know which of his two Monkeyheided faces to use!

GIRUY Monkeyheid! Ya total pr1(c)k!

phoenixfire
30-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Is this the thread for wee bairns?Mowbray is a professional football coach.His loyalty is 100% to Celtic and rightly so.All this rubbish about respect and insults.Some people need to do a lot of growing up.Who cares what he thinks about anything?

I cant think on anything more childish than turning your back on a tv screen whe asked to give an opinion on an incident:dummytit:

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 03:49 PM

The huddle was uncalled for, and his refusal to watch the McGeady dive was embarrassing. The truth must hurt the tool!

shamo9
30-08-2009, 03:50 PM

The huddle was uncalled for, and his refusal to watch the McGeady dive was embarrassing. The truth must hurt the tool!

I heard you the first time:wink:

RickyS
30-08-2009, 03:52 PM

its not how a manager should behave, they should have standards. like the way Yogi behaved last week

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I cant think on anything more childish than turning your back on a tv screen whe asked to give an opinion on an incident:dummytit:

He's manager of Celtic-all those who used to wet themselves when he was at ER should get a grip-he doesn't care anything about us and nor should he.

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:53 PM
its not how a manager should behave, they should have standards. like the way Yogi behaved last week
Alex Ferguson won't even speak to the BBC.

--------
30-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Alex Ferguson won't even speak to the BBC.

No, but his spokesmen tend to behave decently.

Betty Boop
And to think some on here wanted to give him a standing ovation! :rolleyes:

phoenixfire
Is it a requirment of every Celtic manager to be totally ignorant in post match interviews, he made Strachan look almost acceptable

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 03:55 PM

The mature thing would have been to watch the video and say the ref got it right. He didn't have to refer to his player at all.

I'm assuming you concur that the ref was correct and that Plastic Paddy cheated and Monkeyheid was wrong :cool2:

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:56 PM
No, but his spokesmen tend to behave decently.
What has that got to do with Ferguson's refusal to speak-and only to the BBC because of their expose of his son's shennanigans.

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I heard you the first time:wink:

BlackBerry malfunctioned - honest :wink:

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:58 PM
The mature thing would have been to watch the video and say the ref got it right. He didn't have to refer to his player at all.

I'm assuming you concur that the ref was correct and that Plastic Paddy cheated and Monkeyheid was wrong :cool2:

Don't care what Mowbray thought and as I was at the match have no means of knowing-the ref was correct.Did you call him names when he was our manager?

brythehibby
30-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Really dissapointed with the way mowbray acted today. Saw him several times moaning at the fourth official about decisions not going there way etc. I cant remember him being like that when he was at ER?! Maybe what happens when you sign for THEM.

I just listened to the bbc interview with chic young, said the ref was wrong to send McGeady off and it was a lack of understanding of the game from the ref, no tony, he tried to cheat and was punished, McGeady got up thinking he had won a free kick for falling over, thats cheating!

Anyway, we know nothing will be done about it, it will never change.

Unlucky today and dissappointing but we'll bounce back.

GGTTH

Brizo
30-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Listening to Yogi now.

Chalk and cheese. :agree:

It wasnt that long ago that the masses on here were incandescent with rage at Yogis antics at ER when he was Falkirk manager (devils advocate smiley)

TM came across as a plum both with the post match huddle and his post match interview but to expect anything else is imho very naive. TM talked the talk but when he came to walking the walk his managerial actions showed him to be just as mercenary and cynical as any other manager or player. He will no doubt get pelters next time hes at ER but lets leave the monkeyheid p@sh to the Jambos ..... imo.

--------
30-08-2009, 04:04 PM
What has that got to do with Ferguson's refusal to speak-and only to the BBC because of their expose of his son's shennanigans.

A manager can choose to give an interview or not to. But if he does, he really should conduct himself a little better than Mowbray did today.

I remember a Falkirk game at ER when Yogi got pelters from people on here for his 'antics', while Mowbray was praised for being 'a gentleman' and 'a credit to Hibs'. When Yogi was being spoken of as coming to ER in the close season this year, some of us offered the opinion that they didn't want 'an inarticulate yob' as our manager.

Now we know. :rolleyes:

new malkyhib
30-08-2009, 04:06 PM
The post-match huddle just sums this mob up...and the fact it was led by "Saint Tony" just confirms it, in my opinion.

Not taken you long to swallow the myth that is "everybody's against Celtic" Tony has it?

Mind you, with the archetypal weegie whinger on the bench in the shape of Peter Grant (his conduct at McGeady's dismissal warranted another red card for him IMO) should anybody be so surprised?

Poor show, Mowbray.

lapsedhibee
30-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Mind you, with the archetypal weegie whinger on the bench in the shape of Peter Grant (his conduct at McGeady's dismissal warranted another red card for him IMO) should anybody be so surprised?

I remember profoundly disliking Grant as a player, but it seems so long ago now that I'm not sure I can remember why. Did he whine and whinge all through games, was that it, or was there some other reason? :dunno:

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Don't care what Mowbray thought and as I was at the match have no means of knowing-the ref was correct.Did you call him names when he was our manager?

I have no means of recalling if I did :wink:

I did call into question his honesty re the Riordan situation and IM's move etc. I did the same on his move to West Brom also.
His stance on this issue is indefensible IMHO and worthy of pelters

1875godsgift
30-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Thought Bamba was lucky not to get a red when he charged his yellow out the ref's hands!

xyz23jc
30-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Mowbray had them diving, trying to get our players in the book and timewasting. He's one of them now and deserves no repect. Another Old Firm rat.

:agree::top marks:thumbsup:

--------
30-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I have no means of recalling if I did :wink:

I did call into question his honesty re the Riordan situation and IM's move etc. I did the same on his move to West Brom also.
His stance on this issue is indefensible IMHO and worthy of pelters

:hnetinq: Yup, a few of us did - and got the Holy Office on our tails in consequence.

I've never trusted his account of the DR business. Derek somehow came out the villain of the piece in the media, but dependable information I received suggested something very different. And the same goes for the Murray move - Murray got pelters for moving to Ibrox, but I've always wondered just where Mowbray stood in the business.

Certainly he was extremely accommodating to Gary Caldwell when Caldwell wanted to play a trila for AZ Alkmaar - he gave GM his blessing to go for the miove to the Netherlands, assuring him that the contract would still be on the table at ER if Gary didn't like AZ and decided to grant us the benefit of his gracious presnece for another couple of years. He wasn't so accomodating for Rocastle, though.

FWIW, I don't remember you calling him any names worse than the ones I was calling him.

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 04:58 PM

****ing hilarious :faf:

IWasThere2016
30-08-2009, 05:02 PM
:hnetinq: Yup, a few of us did - and got the Holy Office on our tails in consequence.

I've never trusted his account of the DR business. Derek somehow came out the villain of the piece in the media, but dependable information I received suggested something very different. And the same goes for the Murray move - Murray got pelters for moving to Ibrox, but I've always wondered just where Mowbray stood in the business.

Certainly he was extremely accommodating to Gary Caldwell when Caldwell wanted to play a trila for AZ Alkmaar - he gave GM his blessing to go for the miove to the Netherlands, assuring him that the contract would still be on the table at ER if Gary didn't like AZ and decided to grant us the benefit of his gracious presnece for another couple of years. He wasn't so accomodating for Rocastle, though.

FWIW, I don't remember you calling him any names worse than the ones I was calling him.

The Riordan business was bullying. Its rife in the game as most decent employment legislation/ practices are ignored.

Additionally, TM knew fine IM and Caldwell were never going to re-sign and moreover had signed elsewhere. Something he lied about repeatedly.

Littlest Hobo
30-08-2009, 05:04 PM
suppose its all about opinions, Yes it is.refusing to view a clip is silly but never annoyed me it was TM showing his arrogance that lost some of the respect i once had for the man. but stepping in to the centre circle of our ground for a huddle, that did.
Why would that upset you??
why the rolled eyes smiley?Why did that upset you too?:cool2:

jst1875
30-08-2009, 05:08 PM

first class ...... we should do that every time... before the game aswell
:thumbsup:

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Thought Bamba was lucky not to get a red when he charged his yellow out the ref's hands!

:agree:

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 05:10 PM

He didn't do that deliberately.

Jim44
I find Mowbray a boring tw@t and not just because of where he is now as I was beginning to feel the same towards the end of his time with us. I think he is grossly over-rated as a thinker in the game and I just switch off now when he starts his 'authoritative drivel'.

Woody1985

So what was the deal with Riordan? Think I must have missed that. Don't think I was on here when he moved.

The_Todd
30-08-2009, 05:11 PM
It was a sad day for me.

Lost respect for Scotty Brown and TM in one go.

And I'm glad McGreedy plays for Ireland. The dirty wee diving traitor doesn't even deserve to play for Scotland.

hibbytam
30-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I was just hoping someone would have the sense to turn the middle sprinkler on.

EasterRoad4Ever
30-08-2009, 05:19 PM

What ?:confused: Glad I missed that, what an idiot :grr:

--------
30-08-2009, 05:23 PM
The Riordan business was bullying. Its rife in the game as most decent employment legislation/ practices are ignored.

Additionally, TM knew fine IM and Caldwell were never going to re-sign and moreover had signed elsewhere. Something he lied about repeatedly.

I think he also told Brown and KT that their contracts would be reviewed, knowing he wouldn't be around when they came calling. Pressie for his successor.

I'm not going to put Yogi on a pedestal, but I far prefer his style to Mowbray's.

hibbybrian
30-08-2009, 05:36 PM
I think he also told Brown and KT that their contracts would be reviewed, knowing he wouldn't be around when they came calling. Pressie for his successor.

I'm not going to put Yogi on a pedestal, but I far prefer his style to Mowbray's.

C'mon Doddie - to be fair to St T his last act as Hibs manager made sure we had Zibbi for another 2 years :devil:

Hibby D
30-08-2009, 05:40 PM

I think most people are disappointed at TM's lack of respect to his former club and hosts for the day - nothing childish or rubbish in that. I do think though that to call him s*um or monkeyheid is unnecessary.

It wasnt that long ago that the masses on here were incandescent with rage at Yogis antics at ER when he was Falkirk manager (devils advocate smiley)

TM came across as a plum both with the post match huddle and his post match interview but to expect anything else is imho very naive. TM talked the talk but when he came to walking the walk his managerial actions showed him to be just as mercenary and cynical as any other manager or player. He will no doubt get pelters next time hes at ER but lets leave the monkeyheid p@sh to the Jambos ..... imo.

:top marks

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2009, 05:42 PM
How hideously Yammish.

It was predictable that Mowbray would get pelters on here after the game though, regardless of the result.

Still a monkeyheid :agree:

hibsbollah
30-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Personally speaking I have little or no respect for Mowbray as his tenure at Hibs coincided with the emergence of a good quality group of young players and expectations were pretty low amongst the support anyway post Williamson. The guy preaches for loyalty yet shows none himself. His defeatist comments the day we were visiting Parkhead were a tad hard to accept as someone who followed Hibs for all the away games in his tenure. All in all to me he is nothing more than a Celtic manager now and he will be held in the same low regard as anyone associated with that club.

:agree:

Hibby D
30-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I've just listened to TM's post-match interview with Chic on the BBC. I have to say Mowbray comes across as very very bitter :bitchy:- I don't remember him conducting himself like that during his tenure with us :confused:

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I've just listened to TM's post-match interview with Chic on the BBC. I have to say Mowbray comes across as very very bitter :bitchy:- I don't remember him conducting himself like that during his tenure with us :confused:

Of course you don't-you're a Hibs supporter:greengrin

weecounty hibby
30-08-2009, 06:15 PM
He has immediately reverted to the Celtic type. You know the one, play the victim, everyone is against us etc etc. Strachan did it as well. That whole club is a ******ing sore and it's brought upon themselves as the more they say it, the more they believe it, the more they say it and so on.

weecounty hibby
30-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Why is f e s t e ring being asterisked out?

hibbytam
30-08-2009, 06:23 PM
i believe some of our lesser educated dwellers in our city use it to describe easter road. Easter. F ester. Very funny. Apparently.

Hibby D
30-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Why is f e s t e ring being asterisked out?

So that our friendly neighbours o'er Gorgie way can't come on here referring to ER in their usual loving manner :wink:

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Is Uncle ****** still in the Munsters?

weecounty hibby
30-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Ok I see. Guess I just dont get jambo humour. Thankfully!

machibby
30-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Ok he did great for us, but have never really gone for the all out love in for Mowbray. I think he showed his true colours in that post match interview, refusing to look at the rerun and commend an excellent save from an amazing shot. Seems to me that Mowbray is another one of those 'do as I say not as I do' types. Look at the West Brom thing, tells players to commit their future to the club and then jumps ship. Ok fair enough he has ambitions, but just drop the man of integrity guff.
As for a manager joining in on their huddle, don't see the problem, he apparently invented it and is obviously keen for all to remember it was his great idea. Just for the record though does anyone know if he joined in after getting humped by Arsenal?:cool2:

Nuitdelune
30-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Song for during the huddle to the tune of that Pink Floyd song about education (can't remember its name) on The Wall Album ---'Mogga ya Bogga--leave those Bhoys alone'--cue guitar solo etc etc

Perspective
30-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Mowbray = ****! His antics and attitude stinks. Grade 1 ****** of the highest!

Got as far as this post and lost the will to live.

"Mowbray=****"? Brain-dead doesn't even begin to describe you and I'd never normally turn on a fellow Hibee.

I think people need to get a life. Mowbray has done the post-match huddle on a number of occasions at West Brom and Celtic.

As Yogi says himself, the guy deserves respect for all he's done for the club.

lEXO
30-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Personally could,nt give a **** about him or the huddle.Lost all respect for him when he walked out on us the week before a derby match.The guy and the soapies are well suited.

Badge
30-08-2009, 09:05 PM
What ?:confused: Glad I missed that, what an idiot :grr:

So am I. I like TM, and grateful for what he did for us, but if he organised that then I too have lost a lot of respect for the man.

johnbc70
30-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I look forward to his post match huddle in the centre circle at Ibrox, next time the bigot brothers play each other.

gem
30-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Typical Septic Hypocrasy. Do Celtic managers get some kind of lobotomy when they go there. Thought Strachan had a bit of class until he turned up at Darkheid and Mogga seems to be going the same way.

Spend all week moaning about Eduardo diving and then the wee cheat gets caught out and suddenly their opinion changes. Wonder what Smith and the SFA will have to say about it. hmmm.....

Exactly and how many times did Killen dive as well today he could have had two yellows also! all that moanin and its the one rule for them and a different one from us from the Celtic crew

keep the faith
30-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I was a massive Mowbray fan, but today was unreal.

His demenour all day on coming back to the club which took a chance on him was disgraceful. The after match huddle was just a lack of respect and the post match interview on ESPN was the worst of all for me.

He actually turned away from the big scren and refused to watch the replay of the sending off!! Like a child!! "Im not looking cause I'm right and the facts are wrong!"

You shafted WBA after asking for loyalty from the players who were relagated and now you have lost the good will of your first club.

These things come back to bite you big man.

Betty Boop
31-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Look forward to Mowbray joining in the post match huddle at Ibrox! :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Brain-dead doesn't even begin to describe you and I'd never normally turn on a fellow Hibee.

I don't think we've ever agreed on anything at all before..

Until now!!

:top marks

:faf:

Steve-O
31-08-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiGczTwGJrY

What's with their sheeeeite Mowbray song? :faf:

"Tony Mow-bar-ray, Tony Mow-bar-ray..." :bye::blah:

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 08:42 AM

"Mowbray=****"? Brain-dead doesn't even begin to describe you and I'd never normally turn on a fellow Hibee.

I think people need to get a life. Mowbray has done the post-match huddle on a number of occasions at West Brom and Celtic.

Respect? that is a phrase that is handed out often and IMO overused, similar to "world class".

Why should any manager or player get respect? He did his job for the club better than some others but that for me doesnt earn any respect.

I have more respect for my postman, it would be higher if he was here before 9am though.

Perspective
31-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Respect? that is a phrase that is handed out often and IMO overused, similar to "world class".

Why should any manager or player get respect? He did his job for the club better than some others but that for me doesnt earn any respect.

I have more respect for my postman, it would be higher if he was here before 9am though.

Maybe you throw about the term 'respect' too often, but I mean it when I talk about Mogga.

I respect him as a man, first and foremost, considering everything he's overcome in life. He's a thoughtful, humble, down-to-earth guy who was excellent in his dealings with fans during his time at the club.

He fostered a completely new atmosphere around the club, rekindled our ambition and left a legacy (along with John Collins) in the training ground and increased valuation of our players.

Just because he opted to leave for bigger and better things (remember, unlike us, he has no emotional ties with the club) it won't diminish my respect for him. Nor would I think any less of him for choosing to conduct his post-match team-talk on the pitch - which he's done at West Brom and Celtic previously.

I think some people look to be offended.

lapsedhibee
31-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Maybe you throw about the term 'respect' too often, but I mean it when I talk about Mogga.

I respect him as a man, first and foremost, considering everything he's overcome in life. He's a thoughtful, humble, down-to-earth guy who was excellent in his dealings with fans during his time at the club.

He fostered a completely new atmosphere around the club, rekindled our ambition and left a legacy (along with John Collins) in the training ground and increased valuation of our players.

Just because he opted to leave for bigger and better things (remember, unlike us, he has no emotional ties with the club) it won't diminish my respect for him. Nor would I think any less of him for choosing to conduct his post-match team-talk on the pitch - which he's done at West Brom and Celtic previously.

Agree with most of that, but found his argument that McGeady fell over because he was tired (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/McGeady-sent-off-as-diving.5602048.jp) fairly ludicrous, and worthy of scorn rather than respect.

Leith Green
31-08-2009, 09:16 AM
He has gone from being the most respected Hibs manager of my lifetime into the biggest twat going in the space of ninety minutes..

Respect is a two way thing, we showed him the respect he deserved before the game with the reception we gave him, to then get his players into a huddle in the centre circle at full time in a game we lost was like sticking two fingers up at us..

In my eyes he is a complete cock now and I will treat him the same contempt as any other smelly weedgie bassa ...

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 09:24 AM

As I said players and mangers only doing a job, a rather enjoyable and well rewarded one in the main, yes he had tough times, dont we all though.

I just dont hold the players and mangers to the same level as regard as some do, you of course can respect whom you like as can I, very few I have respect for and TM is certainly not even on the radar.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Spot on. Some of the stuff on this thread is incredible. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever why this daft "huddle" is so offensive. Some fitba players doing some stupid ring a ring a roses in the centre circle? Bliddy hell, some of you should really get out more.

If Yogi went to Celtic park with Hibs and done similar he'd be heralded as the messiah.

puff the dragon
31-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I will now be showing Mowbray the same amount of respect he showed our club yesterday - ZERO!

Having that huddle in the middle of Easter Road at the end of the game yesterday was a spit in the face to all Hibs fans who supported him and to the club who gave him his break.

Tony Mowbray is clearly a man of no class, and is welcome to a despicable outfit like Celtic.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Are you really so easily offended?

As I've seen posted elsewhere BIG WOWS.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2009, 11:02 AM
must admit it was pretty baffling, why the ****** have that daft huddle thing AFTER a game :dunno: they could quite as easily cuddle each other in the showers, laughable

puff the dragon
31-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Are you really so easily offended?

As I've seen posted elsewhere BIG WOWS.

Not offended, just leaves a bitter taste.

Shows Mowbray to be a classless prick.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Not offended, just leaves a bitter taste.

Shows Mowbray to be a classless prick.

How?

--------
31-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Tell me a Celtic manager in the last 50 years worthy of respect.

Nothing changes.

Sylar
31-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Tell me a Celtic manager in the last 50 years worthy of respect.

Nothing changes.

Martin O'Neill?

I liked him anyway...

Expecting Rain
31-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I think that Celtic managers take on a siege like mentality, they start to believe in their own importance and the myth that everybody loves Celtic and those who don`t are out to get them, i`m looking forward to the time they and their close rivals join everybody else in the 21st century in behaving with a bit humility and dignity, got the feeling i won`t be around when it does happen, if indeed it ever does happen.

Franck is God
31-08-2009, 11:23 AM
have to be honest I lost quite a bit of respect when he moved to Celtic from West Brom.

I understand his reasons for leaving Hibs as that was a definite move up in the football ladder, all the top players at Hibs were likely to move on eventually and if he was successful so would he and we knew that when he arrived.

At West Brom however he preached loyalty to all his players, took them into the Premiership then narrowly back down again then jumped at the first job that came along.

Yesterday when he joined the Celtic players in the middle of the pitch was just a slap in the face to the Hibs in general, he knew how it would be preceived and did it anyway.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Yesterday when he joined the Celtic players in the middle of the pitch was just a slap in the face to the Hibs in general, he knew how it would be preceived and did it anyway.

What is it being perceived as? I didn't think anything off it at the time and only remembered about it when I saw some of the OTT posts/threads from our over-sensitive fans on here!

--------
31-08-2009, 11:29 AM
So what was the deal with Riordan? Think I must have missed that. Don't think I was on here when he moved.

I'm obviously not privy to the details, but according to my personal recollection of the affair....

There were lots of questions regarding how much exactly Derek was wanting to extend his contract, what value Mowbray placed on his services, who exactly decided to refuse to renew the final offer to DR, and so on.

In a nutshell, did Deek walk out for more money, or was he forced out by Mowbray?

And if the second, why?

I was just hoping someone would have the sense to turn the middle sprinkler on.

Certainly a positive thought for the next time. :devil:

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 11:31 AM
It was a sad day for me.

Lost respect for Scotty Brown and TM in one go.

And I'm glad McGreedy plays for Ireland. The dirty wee diving traitor doesn't even deserve to play for Scotland.

No one deserves that.

Hibs Spain
31-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Mowbray on McGeady.

'He skipped past 3 players running 40 yards with the ball, seen the challenge coming and went down... I think thats common sense!'

:wtf:

BH."I don't need to look at it again,it happened right in front of me.it was a poor decision and we are all in disbelief.You have to put into the context of the boy travelling fifty yards before the incident.He went to ground because he was knackered.Was it a dive?Never in a million years"
Hehe....Statement from Mowbray..Who is it seems,still free to walk the streets and do the everyday things that most of us are allowed to do :confused:

MSK
31-08-2009, 11:33 AM
What is it being perceived as? I didn't think anything off it at the time and only remembered about it when I saw some of the OTT posts/threads from our over-sensitive fans on here!I really couldnt care if they done the huddle or done the haka..however if there was ever the potential for bother then that could have been it..

Not the most sensible thing Mowbray has done imo ...

--------
31-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Martin O'Neill?

I liked him anyway...

His brand of football stank. The man who brought Hartson, Sutton, Thompson, Lennon and the like to Scottish football.

Naw. :bitchy:

Franck is God
31-08-2009, 11:36 AM
What is it being perceived as? I didn't think anything off it at the time and only remembered about it when I saw some of the OTT posts/threads from our over-sensitive fans on here!

it's just a lack of respect to the club that actually gave him a chance in the game.

I always apreciate a player or manager that leaves a club but when you see them go back they don't over celebrate goals and just don't rub it in.

I didn't see Yogi go onto the pitch last week at Falkirk with our players, he celebrated the goals and the win on the touchline and that was it.

I'm not being over sensitive just calling it as I see it.

ancient hibee
31-08-2009, 11:36 AM
His brand of football stank. The man who brought Hartson, Sutton, Thompson, Lennon and the like to Scottish football.

Good on him-you'd have had nobody to shout at otherwise.

Biggie
31-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Will be interesting if they get a result at ipox and do it there...

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 11:39 AM

In your opinion they are over sensative and OTT. It may not bother you, just as a horror film may not bother me but may bother others.

IMO was wrong to celebrate in this manner in front of the fans of his previous club, fair enough if does every week but I think doesnt.

RoYO!
31-08-2009, 11:40 AM
i lost a bit of respect for him doing that too, completely unnecessary for him to do that in the middle of the pitch, leave it to the dressing room.

i saw it as him pandering to the great unwashed and as a slap in the face to hibs fans- who had given him a good reception.

not losing any sleep over it, its just my opinion of him has diminished somewhat.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I really couldnt care if they done the huddle or done the haka..however if there was ever the potential for bother then that could have been it..
Not the most sensible thing Mowbray has done imo ...

But Mowbray knows us - he knows we're not so sensitive that we'd cause bother over a team huddling!

it's just a lack of respect to the club that actually gave him a chance in the game.

I always apreciate a player or manager that leaves a club but when you see them go back they don't over celebrate goals and just don't rub it in.

I didn't see Yogi go onto the pitch last week at Falkirk with our players, he celebrated the goals and the win on the touchline and that was it.

I'm not being over sensitive just calling it as I see it.

Mowbray didn't celebrate on the pitch - he walked on to it had a word with his players then walked off. Big fuss about nothing IMO. If it's not over-sensitive it's defeinitely OTT.

I still don't know what this is being perceived as either.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 11:42 AM
In your opinion they are over sensative and OTT. It may not bother you, just as a horror film may not bother me but may bother others.

IMO was wrong to celebrate in this manner in front of the fans of his previous club, fair enough if does every week but I think doesnt.

TBF most folk had already left anyway...

Why does it bother anyone - he/they weren't taunting us!

Hainan Hibs
31-08-2009, 11:46 AM
There was no need to do it, certainly not in the middle of the opposing teams pitch.

He has became like every other Celtic manager, a complete and utter erse.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 11:46 AM
“It is not the first time I have done it,” he said. “I did it a few times after games at West Brom.

“If it is a crucial game where we have needed to show resilience and bond with the supporters then you have to grab that opportunity. The team showed another side to their personality.”

This is what the man himself had ti say about it

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I percieve it as "yes stay there lads lets show openly that we are united as Celtic"

Many players score against old teams and do nothing, he knows we are passionate about our team yet he decides to show how happy he is with team on our pitch after we have lost. Celtic support would think no less if he clapped them and walked off.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I will now be showing Mowbray the same amount of respect he showed our club yesterday - ZERO!

Having that huddle in the middle of Easter Road at the end of the game yesterday was a spit in the face to all Hibs fans who supported him and to the club who gave him his break.

Tony Mowbray is clearly a man of no class, and is welcome to a despicable outfit like Celtic.

I hear Tony Mowbray is gutted at this news. :greengrin

--------
31-08-2009, 11:51 AM
“It is not the first time I have done it,” he said. “I did it a few times after games at West Brom.

“If it is a crucial game where we have needed to show resilience and bond with the supporters then you have to grab that opportunity. The team showed another side to their personality.”

Horsefeathers. :bitchy:

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 11:51 AM

Yes and ex players may go nuts when they score also everytime but keep controlled when score goal against ex team, TM should IMO just left and did everything in changing room.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes and ex players may go nuts when they score also everytime but keep controlled when score goal against ex team, TM should IMO just left and did everything in changing room.

I think what he did showed no class. What got to me more was after it we only clapped the celtic fans. Never even looked at the F5 stand or that

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I think what he did showed no class. What got to me more was after it we only clapped the celtic fans. Never even looked at the F5 stand or that

Did he clap the Celtc fans when he was manager of Hibs?

Violater
31-08-2009, 11:59 AM
But Mowbray knows us - he knows we're not so sensitive that we'd cause bother over a team huddling!

Mowbray didn't celebrate on the pitch - he walked on to it had a word with his players then walked off. Big fuss about nothing IMO. If it's not over-sensitive it's defeinitely OTT.

I still don't know what this is being perceived as either.

Sorry but he went into a victory huddle, does he do this every game? No. Would he do it at Ibrox? Doubt it. It was a classless act that was aimed at the Hibs. There was just no need. I am dissapointed because i thought Mowbray was better than that.

hhibs
31-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Spot on. Some of the stuff on this thread is incredible. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever why this daft "huddle" is so offensive. Some fitba players doing some stupid ring a ring a roses in the centre circle? Bliddy hell, some of you should really get out more.

If Yogi went to Celtic park with Hibs and done similar he'd be heralded as the messiah.

Now there is a thought .When they set up for their huddle ,have the Easter Road DJ play a recording of "Ring a Ring o roses" at full volume .Got to be worth a laugh!:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Sorry but he went into a victory huddle, does he do this every game? No. Would he do it at Ibrox? Doubt it. It was a classless act that was aimed at the Hibs. There was just no need. I am dissapointed because i thought Mowbray was better than that.

Probably not every week but then they might not get a hard-fought away win every week either.

I can't understand the mentality of folk that can be offended by such a small thing.

7-Zip_Mike
31-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I think the point here is that nobody is being over sensitive. Yogi took the applause from the Falkirk fans and acknowleged it before the game last week. he then went on to say as a former club, Falkirk will always hold memories for him and he genuinely hoped that the do well.

Take Tony.

Does not come down the tunnel until game almost kicked off, presumably to avoid any applause or whatever from the hibs fans. He instigates a huddle middle of the pitch, which lets be honest, was all about 2 fingers up to Hibs and the establishment (probably the sending off still in mind). Then he puts in a strachan-esque interview with the tv people, turning his back like a child to the t.v then asked to comment.

Only one person showing any class here. Difficulty I have is I thought Mowbray was different, to be respected. Obviously not.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I think the point here is that nobody is being over sensitive. Yogi took the applause from the Falkirk fans and acknowleged it before the game last week. he then went on to say as a former club, Falkirk will always hold memories for him and he genuinely hoped that the do well.

Take Tony.

Does not come down the tunnel until game almost kicked off, presumably to avoid any applause or whatever from the hibs fans. He instigates a huddle middle of the pitch, which lets be honest, was all about 2 fingers up to Hibs and the establishment (probably the sending off still in mind). Then he puts in a strachan-esque interview with the tv people, turning his back like a child to the t.v then asked to comment.

Only one person showing any class here. Difficulty I have is I thought Mowbray was different, to be respected. Obviously not.

I've not seen his TV interview yet so I'm just looking at this purely from the huddle point of view. They won a tight match and he wanted to get his team together. Big Wows.

Violater
31-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Probably not every week but then they might not get a hard-fought away win every week either.

I can't understand the mentality of folk that can be offended by such a small thing.

I can see your point. It was annoying to me because i have really great memories of the Mowbray era and i had a lot of respect for him,i just felt he threw that back in the face of the Hibs fans yesterday when really there was no need.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Now there is a thought .When they set up for their huddle ,have the Easter Road DJ play a recording of "Ring a Ring o roses" at full volume .Got to be worth a laugh!:greengrin

Are we not claiming that Mowbray has no class?

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Yes he did

Mixu's Hatrick
I must admit that I was more disappointed with the fact that although Yogi tried his best to take the game to Celtic when they went down to 10 men, all 3 subs didn't do anything of note to lift our game or create chances of an equaliser.

In my opinion all Mowbray was doing was trying to create a bond with his team and a bond between the team and the fans which had perhaps suffered during the Strachan years....Not that I care! They had just won a difficult game and they would probably argue that they had to beat the referee as well....that was the reason for it. It's not as if he ran up to the away end and did a Klinnsman dive in front of the Possil Gypsy hordes.... He didn't do anything yesterday that would make me revise my high opinion of him.

I'm just glad that we now have a manager in place who certainly seems to be cut from the same cloth.

Captain Trips
I've not seen his TV interview yet so I'm just looking at this purely from the huddle point of view. They won a tight match and he wanted to get his team together. Big Wows.

It doesnt bother you but it does others, I think everyone has stated why it bothered them, ie thought was better than that etc etc. So I guess you accept that or not.

I couldnt care less about TM I just dont want any teams on our pitch getting together as a group or whatever. I hope Yogi knows what to do at FT when we beat them.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I must admit that I was more disappointed with the fact that although Yogi tried his best to take the game to Celtic when they went down to 10 men, all 3 subs didn't do anything of note to lift our game or create chances of an equaliser.

In my opinion all Mowbray was doing was trying to create a bond with his team and a bond between the team and the fans which had perhaps suffered during the Strachan years....Not that I care! They had just won a difficult game and they would probably argue that they had to beat the referee as well....that was the reason for it. It's not as if he ran up to the away end and did a Klinnsman dive in front of the Possil Gypsy hordes.... He didn't do anything yesterday that would make me revise my high opinion of him.

I'm just glad that we now have a manager in place who certainly seems to be cut from the same cloth.

:aok:

Exactly. We lost a game we should've got a point out of and folk are taking the huff with Mowbray 'cos they're in a bad mood.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:12 PM
It doesnt bother you but it does others, I think everyone has stated why it bothered them, ie thought was better than that etc etc. So I guess you accept that or not.

I couldnt care less about TM I just dont want any teams on our pitch getting together as a group or whatever. I hope Yogi knows what to do at FT when we beat them.

Noone's really said other than they thought he was better than that. Better than what?

What do you want Yogi to do if/when we beat them?

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Noone's really said other than they thought he was better than that. Better than what?

What do you want Yogi to do if/when we beat them?

A nice wee huddle would be good. I dont mind TM doing a huddle after matches we won that were key. Ask them what they think he was better than.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Exactly. We lost a game we should've got a point out of and folk are taking the huff with Mowbray 'cos they're in a bad mood.

I was in a good mood after the game. I always love that high temp games at the end. And me and my nephew were having a laugh at Stark, but then i say that Tony was in it as well and i saw this as a big ****** you to hibs.

He can say all he wants about it. Then when i get home and watch the highlights to see if it really was a dive you see his post match interview. He was like a big kid.

Some on here said how Yogi said nothing but good things about falkirk in his post match interview however Mogga acts like a big kid. I just dont think he showed any class

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:17 PM
A nice wee huddle would be good. I dont mind TM doing a huddle after matches we won that were key.

That'd be classless - wouldn't it? I think Yogi's better than that...

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 12:21 PM
That'd be classless - wouldn't it? I think Yogi's better than that...

Would maybe be to them not me as its for my team, I dont care a jot what other fans at other clubs think of him as I am sure celtic fans care what we think of TM, I would enjoy it as was in favor of us.

Same as I enjoyed Deeks celebration against Hearts but wouldnt if against us.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Would maybe be to them not me as its for my team, I dont care a jot what other fans at other clubs think of him as I am sure celtic fans care what we think of TM, I would enjoy it as was in favor of us.

Same as I enjoyed Deeks celebration against Hearts but wouldnt if against us.

I think I've got it now. Mowbray's not clasless and the real problem is we lost the match.

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I think I've got it now. Mowbray's not clasless and the real problem is we lost the match.

I can only speak for myself, we lost match we had an ex manager there whom decided to continue to enjoy his teams win against us on our pitch, something he never did with us I remember.

So for me unhappy we lost and not impressed how he decided to celebrate this on pitch so 2 reasons, but I wont lose sleep Yogi just needs to make sure if we beat them we enjoy it on pitch so I can see it means same to our team.

rightwinger
31-08-2009, 12:31 PM
I have a lot of time for Mowbray but the huddle was not a respectful thing to do IMO.

Fair enough at your own ground in front of your own supporters but it's out of place at other teams' grounds in front of their supporters. Its on the thin edge of rubbing it in IMO.

I didn't see them doing a huddle at the Emirates or Pittodrie and I can't imagine them doing one at Ibrox. So why do we get it at ER?

Remember the criticism Martin O'Neill got for his daft act of defiance with Neil Lennon after a particularly vitriolic Ibrox OF match a few years back. I don't see much difference between that and what TM did here.

His team may have got a result yesterday, but I wasn't overly impressed with his impromptu huddle or his comments regarding Aiden McGeady. If we didn't know him as well as we do, we could think the job's getting to his head in some way.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I think we should forget about Mogga in the huddle and more on why Stack was :faf::faf:

hhibs
31-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Are we not claiming that Mowbray has no class?

And your point?

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 12:53 PM
And your point?

Playing ring a ring a roses would also lack class. Making you a hypocrite.

Let me know if I need to spell anything else out for you. :wink:

iwasthere1972
31-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Would anyone have thought it would have been disrepectful to Hibs if Scott Brown, Gary Caldwell or Chris Killen had scored? Probably not.

Okay TM was good for Hibs but he's a Celtic man so for anyone to take offence at the huddle and think it's disrepectful to Hibs is IMHO overreacting.

Tony Mowbray has moved on and so should we.

Well done to Stack for getting in on the act. Pure class. :agree:

poolman
31-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Completely lost all respect for Mowbray after his interview but WORSE!!

Totally agree with that post

Mowbray all of a sudden has contracted "Celticitis"

in his post match interview was like a wee petulant schoolboy who lost his sweets

Burley was spot on with his take on matters :agree:

Leith Green
31-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Would anyone have thought it would have been disrepectful to Hibs if Scott Brown, Gary Caldwell or Chris Killen had scored? Probably not.

Okay TM was good for Hibs but he's a Celtic man so for anyone to take offence at the huddle and think it's disrepectful to Hibs is IMHO overreacting.

Whats your point??

It wasnt Brown,Killen or Caldwell though was it?? There is no relevance in comparing any of the above players scoring with Mowbray antics..

It was Mowbray marching on to the middle of the pitch at his old club as Celtic manager, who happen to be hated by Hibs fans and giving it the big one if front of our fans after defeating us....

fair doos if he had went over to the smellies end and done wotever, but he didnt and it was complete p!ss take if you ask me..

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Jock Stein?

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Agreeing with you yet again.

I'd blame Brian Kerr for yesterdays defeat though. As anonymous as usual - worse than a man short.

Westie1875
31-08-2009, 02:46 PM
How would we all feel if Yogi had done that at Falkirk last week after our win?

I'd have been embarrassed.

iwasthere1972
31-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Whats your point??

It wasnt Brown,Killen or Caldwell though was it?? There is no relevance in comparing any of the above players scoring with Mowbray antics..

It was Mowbray marching on to the middle of the pitch at his old club as Celtic manager, who happen to be hated by Hibs fans and giving it the big one if front of our fans after defeating us....

fair doos if he had went over to the smellies end and done wotever, but he didnt and it was complete p!ss take if you ask me..

My point was some folk think because he was our manager for a couple of seasons that he should treat us with more respect than any other team in the SPL. Like Scott Brown etc he has moved on and his loyalties lie with Celtic.

Yesterday showed that he has no respect for Hibs and will follow on from Stachan with bias views etc in his aftermatch interviews. The arrogance has already begun.

We should just move on and forget about him and his huddle.

Leith Green
31-08-2009, 03:05 PM
My point was some folk think because he was our manager for a couple of seasons that he should treat us with more respect than any other team in the SPL. Like Scott Brown etc he has moved on and his loyalties lie with Celtic.

Yesterday showed that he has no respect for Hibs and will follow on from Stachan with bias views etc in his aftermatch interviews. The arrogance has already begun.

We should just move on and forget about him and his huddle.

Nobody is asking to be treated with more respect than any other team or for anything from the guy, we dont however expect to have things rammed down our throats the way it was, its disrespectful..

The guy is actually a complete tosser for doing that !

lapsedhibee
31-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Wasn't really fussed about his cuddling the Celtc players at the end, but in his interview he appeared to be saying that McGeady got sent off because the ref didn't understand enough about football, how players get tired and have to fall over, etc etc. As stunningly arrogant as anything Gingerbaws ever came out with.

hhibs
31-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Playing ring a ring a roses would also lack class. Making you a hypocrite.

Let me know if I need to spell anything else out for you. :wink:

Hardly,it would be quite amusing in my opinion.

Let me know when you need further explanations of the difference between being amusing and being a "hypocrite"

Sheesh fella loosen up !

johnrebus
31-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I know it sounds daft, but I feel let down by Mowbray.

Looks like I've fallen for all the ' man of integrity ' and ' gentleman stuff '.

Should have known better, as soon as you take the Weedgie shilling, everything changes.

Already looking forward to giving him it tight next time the unwashed come calling.

:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Hardly,it would be quite amusing in my opinion.

Let me know when you need further explanations of the difference between being amusing and being a "hypocrite"

Sheesh fella loosen up !

I don't think I'm the one that needs to loosen up mate - this thread's stretched to 5 pages because folk are offended that Celtc had a huddle at full-time!

Captain Trips
31-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think I'm the one that needs to loosen up mate - this thread's stretched to 5 pages because folk are offended that Celtc had a huddle at full-time!

And its got to 5 pages with people who seem as bothered that folk were bothered about the Huddle :greengrin

lapsedhibee
31-08-2009, 07:02 PM
And its got to 5 pages with people who seem as bothered that folk were bothered about the Huddle :greengrin

Personally thought that when Stacka joined the cuddle that Celtc call a huddle, the whole thing became a bit of a guddle.

HibeeMG
31-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Just seen the highlights. Now can someone tell me what the 3 challenges were that AMcG evaded and that 40 yards has somehow been shortened since I was learning about distances at primary.

As far as I can see he ran away from all the Hibs players until Hanlon came over then he made an erse of himself and deservedly got the hook. And I'd say he ran 25-30 yards.

Not like a Celtic manager to exaggerate thing though. :wink:

Sumner
31-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Teflon Tone finally losing his shine?

J-C
31-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Just seen the highlights. Now can someone tell me what the 3 challenges were that AMcG evaded and that 40 yards has somehow been shortened since I was learning about distances at primary.

As far as I can see he ran away from all the Hibs players until Hanlon came over then he made an erse of himself and deservedly got the hook. And I'd say he ran 25-30 yards.

Not like a Celtic manager to exaggerate thing though. :wink:

I think TM was talking about the 3/4 tackles made on McGreedy during the game, the man's still a tit tho.

Beefster
31-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Five pages? Because a few soap-dodgers joined hands and made a circle? Really?

J-C
31-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Five pages? Because a few soap-dodgers joined hands and made a circle? Really?

It's all been merged, re Mowbray's comments etc, narked a lot of people.

Also, can you imagine the outcry if he'd done this at Ibrox.

MrSmith
31-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I simply feel he made a monkey out of himself!

nae need to lose the heid either!!

He is now most definitely a Celtic manager...:blah::blah::blah:

BEEJ
31-08-2009, 07:40 PM

I've always liked Mowbray as a person and I thought he did wonders for our club at a time when we were in the doldrums.

But by his own standards he let himself down badly on Sunday post-match. His reasoning in the interview then and his continued defence of McGeady today are complete nonsense. He'd have been better simply not commenting on the incident.

erskine-hibby
31-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Lost most of my respect for Mowbray when he left us in the ****, with Zibi on an extended contract. What i had left went at the end of the game with the huddle and especially the "I don't need to look at the pictures, I know what happened" bit:bitchy:

hhibs
31-08-2009, 07:45 PM

I refer only to the dialogue that you started with me.
For the record I think the best form of response(to their huddle) is and was one of taking the Micheal.

You pays your money you take your choice, me I prefer to respond to them (Celtc)by taking the p1ss.

How this makes me a hypocrite is quite beyond me, now if I had taken your high morale tone one which you are entirely entitled to ,then I would be indeed be a hypocrite.

Chill

G15 Hibs
31-08-2009, 07:50 PM

If Brown, Caldwell or Killen had scored they'd have been doing their job, I don't think that's the point, or is it a point about loyalty to Hibs. Those players and Mowbray's job's to win games for Celtic, that's ok.

I think what people are bothered about, and what has maybe upset some folk, is that we all had a high opinion of Mowbray, the way that he acted and seemed to present himself was as a gentleman, a guy of genuine class. I think that his actions and comments yesterday showed that he maybe isn't the guy that we thought he was, and that's come as a bit of a letdown.

ronaldo7
31-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Personally thought that when Stacka joined the cuddle that Celtc call a huddle, the whole thing became a bit of a guddle.

It left me in a bit of a muddle, I thought all the Martyrs came from Tolpuddle.

hhibs
31-08-2009, 07:55 PM
lapsedhibee
Coaching Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
And its got to 5 pages with people who seem as bothered that folk were bothered about the Huddle

Irony,comedy and poetry.good on you both!:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I refer only to the dialogue that you started with me.
For the record I think the best form of response(to their huddle) is and was one of taking the Micheal.

You pays your money you take your choice, me I prefer to respond to them (Celtc)by taking the p1ss.

How this makes me a hypocrite is quite beyond me, now if I had taken your high morale tone one which you are entirely entitled to ,then I would be indeed be a hypocrite.

Chill

My high moral tone? There's folk on here that were concerned that them having a cuddle could've started a riot!

Apologies for picking you up wrong I thought you thought Celtc lacked class by having a cuddle and wanted to play ring a ring a roses in reply to it.

My tone is supposed to be more of disbelief, apologies if it doesn't come across like that. :greengrin

hhibs
31-08-2009, 09:56 PM
My high moral tone? There's folk on here that were concerned that them having a cuddle could've started a riot!

Apologies for picking you up wrong I thought you thought Celtc lacked class by having a cuddle and wanted to play ring a ring a roses in reply to it.

My tone is supposed to be more of disbelief, apologies if it doesn't come across like that. :greengrin

Peace breaks out.....no problem.

GGTTH

MrRobot
31-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Thought he looked like an idiot in his interview. Huddle was a bit dodgy.

Thought it was funny when Caldwell defended McGeady, saw the video then started laughing as he clearly saw he dived. Thought that was class. :thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
31-08-2009, 10:05 PM
He is quickly becoming my favourite Hibbie!
Solid performance today and taking the piss out of that disgraceful huddle earned a lot of respect from me.

Is that Gary-own-Goal-Caldwell in your avatar :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
01-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Did he clap the Celtc fans when he was manager of Hibs?

Good question, he may well have when they had their TONY MOWBRAY CSC banner at ER. I can't remember.

--------
01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
If Brown, Caldwell or Killen had scored they'd have been doing their job, I don't think that's the point, or is it a point about loyalty to Hibs. Those players and Mowbray's job's to win games for Celtic, that's ok.

I think what people are bothered about, and what has maybe upset some folk, is that we all had a high opinion of Mowbray, the way that he acted and seemed to present himself was as a gentleman, a guy of genuine class. I think that his actions and comments yesterday showed that he maybe isn't the guy that we thought he was, and that's come as a bit of a letdown.

:agree: Most Hibs fans respected Mowbray, and a lot of us idolised him.

The way he presented himself was a a gentleman, as someone a wee bit better than some of the folks around him, and I guess a lot of Hibs fans bought that.

There was also a fair deal of affection for him - after all, he turned Hibs round pretty spectacularly and got us playing some very attractive football and thereby generated a lot of excitement around ER. There was a much warmer, much more electric atmosphere around ER in his days than now.

(Nowadays we seem to spend most of our time squabbling with one another about Maka or Staka for goal, why DVZ isn't a footballer, and whether Stokes is or isn't "the new AOB" and stuff like that.)

At Falkirk the previous week, John Hughes conducted himself (IMO) courteously towards the club and the fans he had just left - and bear in mind that quite a number of those fans wanted him gone long before he did go. Hibs fans for the most part didn't want Mowbray to leave.

I know he's the Celtic manager now, and his job is to win games and points for Celtic, but I don't think that the feeling most posters have been expressing here - that Mowbray showed disrespect for the fans who thought so highly of him, and the club who gave him his first job as manager of a senior football club - is at all misplaced.

It wouldn't have hurt him to have acknowledged the Hibs fans, or to have looked at the replay of the McGeady incident, or to have restrained himself from holding his players-fans 'bonding exercise' (what a load of cobblers!) at this particular game, in the middle of this particular stadium.

IMO the first and last were failures of courtesy and good manners; the justification of McGeady's dive (coupled with the fact that Killen and McDonald were falling about all over the place as well) and his petty refusal even to look at the video was pathetic and childish.

One thought - if ONE player goes diving - that player's a cheat. If the whole forward line can't stay upright under the simplest of challenges, THAT suggests to me that they're acting on the boss's instructions. And that boss is - a cheat.... :cool2:

hibs1875aye
01-09-2009, 11:38 AM
:agree: Most Hibs fans respected Mowbray, and a lot of us idolised him.

The way he presented himself was a a gentleman, as someone a wee bit better than some of the folks around him, and I guess a lot of Hibs fans bought that.

There was also a fair deal of affection for him - after all, he turned Hibs round pretty spectacularly and got us playing some very attractive football and thereby generated a lot of excitement around ER. There was a much warmer, much more electric atmosphere around ER in his days than now.

(Nowadays we seem to spend most of our time squabbling with one another about Maka or Staka for goal, why DVZ isn't a footballer, and whether Stokes is or isn't "the new AOB" and stuff like that.)

At Falkirk the previous week, John Hughes conducted himself (IMO) courteously towards the club and the fans he had just left - and bear in mind that quite a number of those fans wanted him gone long before he did go. Hibs fans for the most part didn't want Mowbray to leave.

I know he's the Celtic manager now, and his job is to win games and points for Celtic, but I don't think that the feeling most posters have been expressing here - that Mowbray showed disrespect for the fans who thought so highly of him, and the club who gave him his first job as manager of a senior football club - is at all misplaced.

It wouldn't have hurt him to have acknowledged the Hibs fans, or to have looked at the replay of the McGeady incident, or to have restrained himself from holding his players-fans 'bonding exercise' (what a load of cobblers!) at this particular game, in the middle of this particular stadium.

IMO the first and last were failures of courtesy and good manners; the justification of McGeady's dive (coupled with the fact that Killen and McDonald were falling about all over the place as well) and his petty refusal even to look at the video was pathetic and childish.

One thought - if ONE player goes diving - that player's a cheat. If the whole forward line can't stay upright under the simplest of challenges, THAT suggests to me that they're acting on the boss's instructions. And that boss is - a cheat.... :cool2:

Agreed with all of this.

Mowbray dug Hibs out the **** after the bad days and helped turn us around. He also made plenty mistakes and folk seem to forget that. He was often found to be making strange substitutions and odd signings (Konte? Zibby on an extended? WTF!).

As for his crap with his team bondage session :bye: , as I said last week, he is the opposition now. He lost my respect when he battered on and on and on about finishing jobs started etc then promptly jumped ship like a rat when a better opportunity come along. He done us good at the time, we done his career good - that's fair.

Now he can take his team of diving cheating getts and huddle them up his backside. He showed us no respect with that and deserves no respect back in my opinion.

--------
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Agreed with all of this.

Mowbray dug Hibs out the **** after the bad days and helped turn us around. He also made plenty mistakes and folk seem to forget that. He was often found to be making strange substitutions and odd signings (Konte? Zibby on an extended? WTF!).

As for his crap with his team bondage session :bye: , as I said last week, he is the opposition now. He lost my respect when he battered on and on and on about finishing jobs started etc then promptly jumped ship like a rat when a better opportunity come along. He done us good at the time, we done his career good - that's fair.

Now he can take his team of diving cheating getts and huddle them up his backside. He showed us no respect with that and deserves no respect back in my opinion.

:shocked: TEAM BONDAGE???????????????

hibs1875aye
01-09-2009, 11:46 AM
:shocked: TEAM BONDAGE???????????????

Well they're all drapped together, bunch of pansies with their arms around eachother and getting loved up are they not? As I said above, not a spelling mistake mate :thumbsup:

--------
01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Well they're all drapped together, bunch of pansies with their arms around each other and getting loved up are they not? As I said above, not a spelling mistake mate :thumbsup:

Your spelling is impeccable, sir. Nothing was farther from my thoughts. :devil:

poolman
01-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Eduardo has been given a two game ban

I wonder if Mowbray has looked at a replay of that :rolleyes:

jacomo
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM

Were you at the game? For a club that usually boos all our previous employees, Mowbray was shown some respect from the Hibs fans. I don't think he did the same.

Very disappointing.

jakedance
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
There was no need to have the huddle on the pitch after the game. It looked a pretty desperate and pathetic attempt to endear himself to the Celtc fans. An empty and pointless gesture which was disrespectful to his former employees and supporters. Will they do that after every game? Will they do it at Ibrox? I doubt it.

I thought he had more class than that. His post match interview had a bit of the Strachan to it too.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2009, 06:57 PM
There was no need to have the huddle on the pitch after the game. It looked a pretty desperate and pathetic attempt to endear himself to the Celtc fans. An empty and pointless gesture which was disrespectful to his former employees and supporters. Will they do that after every game? Will they do it at Ibrox? I doubt it.

I thought he had more class than that. His post match interview had a bit of the Strachan to it too.

Does this not say more about Hibs and the threat to Celtc rather than the so-called bonding. They know they're in for a game when they play us and will try any angle to get an edge. Therefore despite the score 1-0 Hibs.:agree:

jakedance
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Does this not say more about Hibs and the threat to Celtc rather than the so-called bonding. They know they're in for a game when they play us and will try any angle to get an edge. Therefore despite the score 1-0 Hibs.:agree:

I think it probably does and that can only be a good thing. As an institution I couldn't care less how Celtc conduct themselves. I had thought Mowbray had a bit more to him and might bring a bit of dignity to the club, kind of like the Obama effect. Never mind, I'm not about to lose sleep over it. Mowbray lost my respect when he walked out on his contract anyway.